Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 31, 2013 11:01 AM

Aug 2007
I know, I didn't want to spoil it for others though. I;ve already read chapter 432nd too a couple of hours ago.
Jan 31, 2013 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
What can i say? ''epic'' is not enough to describe how fucking amazing this episode was.

Infinity/5
Jan 31, 2013 11:54 AM

Jun 2011
Shanimebib said:
This is perhaps the first arc where Gintoki actually killed another human being. He actually slashed a number of Naraku corps and then took out Oboro. I cannot see Oboro surviving that!

What about Jiraia? Can't remember how he died, but didn't Gintoki kill him?

EDIT. Sry, Tsukky did it... ;o
Jan 31, 2013 12:06 PM

Feb 2012
I've got no words for this episode, it was just awesome. Though I expected the battle between Oboro and Gintoki to last a little longer, but well, Gin-san is just too badass to hold back.
As for the Shouyo-sensei's face, I can quite understand the 'disappointment' since they never showed his face so I kinda expected some horrifying face (you never know what to expect from Gintama) but he looks indeed very normal and nice.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jan 31, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2011
OTAKUADDICT said:
shanimebib said:

This is perhaps the first arc where Gintoki actually killed another human being. He actually slashed a number of Naraku corps and then took out Oboro. I cannot see Oboro surviving that!

Hmmm...not really the first arc...during the Four Devas arc, he actually slaughtered along with Jirochou many members of Kujaku Hime's soldiers after they laughed(lol) and then dueled with each other.
he killed nizou remember? Benizakura? hello? He even gave a awesome speech before doing it?

Anyhow oboro got FUCKED, also give it to gintoki to be the only human being capable of killing another human with a wooden sword, like i somewhat felt bad for the guy gintoki impaled when tsukki was about to be attacked
JizzyHitlerJan 31, 2013 12:26 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 31, 2013 12:27 PM

Aug 2007
@DJIzzyIzzyHitler
Forgot about him, although he wasn't entirely human then. As for Gintoki killing a man with a wooden sword, yea it was badass. Gintama characters should own SaiGar along with characters from JoJo, Hokuto no Ken, Cobra and Golgo.
Jan 31, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2011
SamuraiSx said:

hmm O.o nO?!
it's just that Tsukuyo has first time in life friends and male and females. she is just shy with everyone but serious and caring when it comes. it isn't for Gintoki only at all .. O.o really....
did you forget about this scene or something?

Or more correctly ANYTHING that happened in that arc, like come on dude the show even outright says that shes in love with him like 5 times throughout that arc and multiple times after, hes even shown interest in her with one of them being displayed in the above image

I dont see how theres debate about this, especially on this ep which has more ship tease moments for them, shes the main love interest at this point, or more like has been since red spider arc years ago, this is nothing new.

goral said:
@DJIzzyIzzyHitler
Forgot about him, although he wasn't entirely human then.
his body wasnt but his mind was, it was just that he was a REEEAAALLY fucked up person so him in his right mind isnt necessarily the best of things

He was just a crazy motherfucker with alot of power until gintoki thankfully killed him.

Also looking foreword to the summary of the arc in the credits with the spyair song playing.........they better choose that one for this, like the ED would not fit but i said the same thing for the red spider arc which they used arguably the worst ED in the whole show for.
JizzyHitlerJan 31, 2013 12:40 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 31, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Another epic episode. Gintama doesn't waste any time at all.

I wish we would get a voice when younger Gintoki screamed in the flash back but it was still a well done scene. Gintoki really kicked some ass this episode, with his wooden sword. And I can't forget to mention Tsukuyo and Nobume, these are 2 girls you don't want to mess with. I'm looking forward to a Nobume arc in the future.

And for the people discussing about Gintoki x Tsukuyo, if Gintoki were to end up with anyone, it would be Tsuki. It's the most popular paring in Gintama for Gintoki after all.

5/5 for this episode, can't wait till the next one, after reading a spoiler I expect big things.
Jan 31, 2013 1:15 PM

Aug 2009
sensei look like sougo with katsura hair style lols
Jan 31, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
goral said:

Other canon pairing is Katsura x Ikumatsu. If someone read 55th chapter or saw episode 39 he would know that (plus real Ikumatsu got married with real Katsura). BTW, Katsura is my favourite character and Ikumatsu, despite appearing in one episode only, was engraved in my memory (re-watch episode 39, it's one of the best).

refers to a future chapter thats not far off, not a spoiler but we arent told to talk about later chaps so...

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 31, 2013 1:41 PM

Jun 2010
All I can say is epic.
Jan 31, 2013 2:22 PM

Oct 2010
shanimebib said:

Jan 31, 2013 3:18 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode. lol Oboro can cast purple rasengan! As expected from copy ninja Kakashi's voice
Jan 31, 2013 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
Nobume sure loves her donuts haha Yet another wild episode was that an legit kill?! don't think anyone could live after getting impaled like that
Jan 31, 2013 4:05 PM

Feb 2010
So next episode will be the last for this arc...this arc was pretty awesome. :) And at last, after 260 episodes, we finally get to see Shoyou's face!

I shall wait until next week!
Jan 31, 2013 4:08 PM

Dec 2011
Holy! It's Sho-chan! He looks so epic! No more time for jokes!!!!!

Love these parts of the episode.

Hijikata complaining about that they are not teaming up with Isaburo while cannoning!
Matsudaira using the cannon after 1 count.
The revelation of Shoyo-sensei's face!
And, Gintoki finishes Oboro!!!!

Such an action packed episode!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2013 4:11 PM

May 2012
Epic episode. The fight was brief but it was awesome. Gintoki is really 100% badass1 I can't keep track of how many times has his body taken the damages already....
Jan 31, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
Oh yah before i go i thought id post the best image from this episode

Doesnt even need a real sword to kill someone, gintoki = ultimate badass

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 31, 2013 10:02 PM

Dec 2009
shanimebib said:
goral said:
Shanimebib said:

Possibly yeah. In Four Devas arc he killed Amanto not humans so you're probably right. Of course he must have killed some traitors during the war but we've never seen it.

^ Quotation corrected.

goral said:
BTW, I'm not surprised that he killed someone who tried and kill his beloved Tsukky :].

On a different note, on the biggest Polish Gintama forum one of the female users had come up with (IMO) a better way of removing poison from Gintoki. She suggested that Tsukuyo could suck it along with the blood.

I don't think Gintama will ever pull anything like that! Besides, Otae-san won't take it too lightly, you know. Despite how she thinks Gintoki is a complete trash, she won't give up on him without a fight! Poor Kondo-san has no chance, but that's a completely different matter in hand. :P

Also, wait a couple of years, Kagura will become a fine woman! ;)

No way man. Kagura is more like a daughter to Gin than a potential love interest lol

But on topic though, great episode, and as expected animation was top quality. I'm a mangareader but kind really remember how this arc ends, so I will be looking forward to next week.
Jan 31, 2013 10:34 PM

Aug 2011
epicepicepic.
Jan 31, 2013 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
I am sad that the next episode is the last of this great arc =(

Badass Gintoki as ever, what a smart way to kill someone!

I love how Tsukki rushes to Gin after thinking he got shot and how a few moments later, Gin just effortlessly stabbed someone to save her <3

Nobume was cute when she ate the donut lol

The Shogun was cool, I knew he was in the "good side" and went against his uncle.

Hell shall be raise!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 31, 2013 11:35 PM

Jul 2010
Epic Gin! Even Kakashi's Rasengan isn't enough to take him down :D

In all seriousness, I like Gin's fighting style; very unorthodox, "resourceful", and brutal, something not in your everyday shonen manga. Heck, I wouldn't be suprised if he bites and rips off his opponent's skin out of desperation or something. That just shows how resolved he is to fight for his beliefs and friends.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 1, 2013 12:09 AM

Jan 2012
It was nice to see the Shogun in a new, non-comedic light.

The fight scenes in this episode were just too awesome and epic; Gintoki is truly such a badass fighter. The scene where Sougo steps on Kagura was funny and interesting.

I'm not sure why, but Shoyo sensei's face kinda reminded me of Zura.
Feb 1, 2013 4:25 AM

Feb 2013
what the O_O
1 dislike?!?! who could dislike this awesome masterpiece episode!?
oh well haters gonna hate >_> anyways 10/10 epic ep!
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Feb 1, 2013 4:32 AM
Aug 2011
Razuhiko said:
what the O_O
1 dislike?!?! who could dislike this awesome masterpiece episode!?
oh well haters gonna hate >_> anyways 10/10 epic ep!

Most definitely just some random fucktard troll.

OT:
Sensei left everything in Gins hands. I hope there's another serious arc soon, I enjoy those just as much as the comedic ones.

And here some people actually thought Sho-chan was a puppet.

Hijikata was badass funny. Must be 5/5
Feb 1, 2013 4:36 AM

May 2011
To those who are wondering where is Zura..as always he is on standby with elizabeth. lol..
Later he will complain in the new year card lol..just a joke..put in the brighter side, it is now clearer for what gintoki is fighting for. Plus, the only episode that I found kondo and ue-sama such as a cooler person.
Feb 1, 2013 6:01 AM

Feb 2008
Gintama is truly amazing, the way the comedy, drama and action are combined. The Gintoki versus Oboro battle was even better than last week.

Also, I'm glad Hijikata and the Shinsengumi got some screen time, and made the best of it.
Feb 1, 2013 8:32 AM

Jul 2011
MidnightKaz said:
sensei look like sougo with katsura hair style lols

Exactly what I was thinking when i saw him !
Feb 1, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2009
sorry guys, but WOODEN SWORD can be MUCH more powerful than ordinary sword-katana, if you know how to use it ! ~
if you train professionaly martial arts you would know that/.. *o*

also BATTLE WAS EPIC !!!! if it would be longer it will be borring ! since both of them Oboro and Gintoki are badass fighters and they must think and attack quickley to beat one another, its about seconds and both of them doesn't want to make mistake.
long battles are those with bunch of mistakes and without concentration on the opponent.
I liked the way of battle ! as its unusual fired up fast and killing with great movements and graduation to the last stage when every wrong mevement can cost life.since Oboro was much into himself he didnt realised Gintoki's plan which came with remembering promise..

it gave me real feeling of battle *O* GREAT !! just great ! I am always fascinated at fight scene in Gintama and this arc proved me once again their amazingness ^_^

btw I am ok with sensei ~ since he is known as really cool and everyone have respect for him even Takasugi.. so he doesnt need to have some badass face, this one composed but cute one is perfectly fitting his image.

and for Tsuki O.o really guys you like to fantasy much XD she cares for everyone! and Gintoki cares for everyone he have many scenes with any girl from anime and not only Tsuki. also he have the most senes of Sa-chan .. but he isnt romanticaly involved with each and especially Tsuki she isnt interested in this kind of things. she is just shy for everyone.
romanticaly.. its more Hijikata XD he have MUCH scenes with him in mostly romantical places and ways XD ahh and that letter from Baragaki arc *o*
they understand each other so well yet they dont want to confrim it cause they are both stubborn ~ so gtfo with other pairings :P

Moderator Edit
You are only allowed to have one screen cap in your message. Everyone saw the episode, so there is not need to post it again.
Suzune-chanFeb 1, 2013 4:52 PM
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Feb 1, 2013 9:56 AM

Apr 2007
@SamuraiSx please put all those pointless pictures in a spoiler tag, thx.

Also lets not turn this thread into a shipping war. Make a separate thread if you really wanna discuss that :p
MonochromeFeb 1, 2013 4:33 PM
Feb 1, 2013 12:28 PM

Aug 2007
@SamuraiSx
lol
Fujoshi detected. Sorry to break it to you but Gintoki x Tsukky pairing is canon which has caused an outrage among Japanese fujoshi.

As for Tsukuyo caring for everyone, sure, but for Gintoki she cares the most. Read my or DJ's earlier posts for examples. I don't remember Tsukuyo being so reckless for anyone but Gintoki or her crying out a name other than Gintoki's (that's from this episode and earlier there were more examples with her).

As for Gintoki, none of the other girls received even half the attention that Tsukuyo had. And bringing Hijikata up into this is just silly.
Feb 1, 2013 9:16 PM
Sep 2011
Guys guys, the only woman Gin ever has his eyes on is Ketsuno Ana XD

About the episode

Feb 2, 2013 1:44 AM

Apr 2011
AMAZING episode. Just perfect! :D
Feb 2, 2013 1:51 AM

Sep 2011
By far the best episode this this arc. Loved it. Keep it up Gintama<3.
Feb 2, 2013 5:50 AM

Jan 2013
very nice episode! i can't believe that someone voted 1 out of 5?!! such a stupid troll~~ is he/she blind???
nobume is damn cute~ but sasaki even cuter than her, i like this couple*^_^*
anyway…sensei=sougo face+zura hair make me OTL………
sure gin-san and tsukki care for everyone, but gintoki x tsukuyo is almost obvious in the show/manga, remember red spider arc especially episode 180? though i don't like tsukuyo very much (her costume is too ugly), i still think gin x tsukki is a "fact" that sorachi put it quite clearly. and episode 166 just is a "fan-girl service" from anime staff.
Feb 2, 2013 7:51 AM
Mar 2012
I hope someday we have an episode showing the bonds that Takasugi, Zura, Gintoki (and, maybe, Tatsuma) once had.

Kintama's opening had a scene of the three Joui as friends.

Talkin' bout "OPs" I wonder if Enchousen will have another one in later episodes, since they already made like 3 just this season (Kintama (Gin/Kin style), Mantama, and the currently one)
Feb 2, 2013 8:50 AM

Jan 2012
LCSeixas said:
I hope someday we have an episode showing the bonds that Takasugi, Zura, Gintoki (and, maybe, Tatsuma) once had.

I second this.
Feb 2, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2011
MsNaush said:
LCSeixas said:

I second this.
hey man its very likely the 2nd movie will be on gintoki's past, so we'd get to see all 3 of them at least being comrades together. Though remember, katsura and likley gintoki always hated takasugi and vice versa so dont expect bonds

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 2, 2013 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
LCSeixas said:

Kintama's opening had a scene of the three Joui as friends.

that will be the new movie coming soon in this summer!!!
and actually many op & ed have scenes showing joui three were friends(classmates) in their childhood.
Feb 2, 2013 9:55 AM
Dec 2012
Great episode. Just one word--Perfect.
Feb 2, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2012
This episode wasn't nearly as hard hitting as the last one for me, but it was still great. Can't wait to see where it goes next week.

And is it just me, or do mystical powers just feel like cheating in Gintama?
Damn, the wooden sword and metal one broke at the same time... I think that's a first.
Feb 2, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
tapanda said:

What mystical powers, only one in this show was for the exorcist arc back in the first series, unless you mean oboro's flat punches, which is an actual fighting style they are just adding a blue aura to it to make it look cool i guess, they did the same thing back in yoshiwara when gintoki killed housen, gintoki had a big blue aura around his sword when he hit housen. Its just for show

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2012
tapanda said:
This episode wasn't nearly as hard hitting as the last one for me, but it was still great. Can't wait to see where it goes next week.

Damn, the wooden sword and metal one broke at the same time... I think that's a first.[/quo
tapanda said:

Damn, the wooden sword and metal one broke at the same time... I think that's a first.

you really watch gintama?.. gintoki is the main character so you should probably know all about him especially his signature weapon. the wooden sword
if you dont know or dont remember..i will remind you again
his wooden sword is made from a ten thousand years old tree from another planet..
claiming to have a strength that can break a meteorite...wheither its true that it can break a meteorite or not.. its durability/toughness is beyond a normal wooden sword

but if you mean that this is the 1st time that gintoki wooden sword and the opponent metal sword break at the same time...yes your right
Feb 2, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2011
correction, his original sword was a souvenir that was supposedly made from a ten thousand years old tree from another planet.

All the ones hes used in the past 230 or so episodes are just wooden swords he orders online that he asks to paint the words lake toya on them so no one will notice....,...which probably explains why it breaks so much

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 3, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
(below me) You know screen cap exists for a reason right?

Also if your picking somethign sad to show why did you pick the part where he smiles evilly and exacts revenge upon someone from his past?
JizzyHitlerFeb 4, 2013 3:36 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 3, 2013 4:42 PM

Apr 2010
*Gin-san's serious and sad face* tearz
THIS IS SO SAD. BUT THIS EPISODE ROCKS!!!
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Feb 3, 2013 5:31 PM

Nov 2011
I want Nobume to bite my hand too!

Feb 3, 2013 10:52 PM

Dec 2011

So.. Shinpachi lol
tsukigariFeb 3, 2013 10:58 PM
Live forever, or die trying
Feb 3, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2013
shanimebib said:
Overkill of overkill episode! I was in drug while watching this! I woke up at 5 AM just to watch this!

Everything about the episode was so damn perfect! The consistent execution, the light comedy, the insane fighting, the powerful dialogues, the crazy action, the catchy music, the entry scenes and Gintoki's Shiroyasha mode, all fell into the right place at the right time!

This is simply the best arc ever!

Also, great to see Shoyo-sensei's face for the first time! Is it just me or he resembled Katsura a lot? Speaking of whom, Zura was the only one missed in this arc! But at least Gintoki mentioned him in the previous episode so he kind of made his appearance! I am sure he was waiting with his Joi patriots just behind the castle walls and waiting for Sorachi Hideki-sensei to give him the order to move in! :D

Also, I am adding Nobume to my list of Gintama Girls! God I love them all!

Zura ja nai!! Katsura da!! -Message from Zura :))

I love this arc, the episode before this was amazing and this one just makes it better. You've got to love Gintama.

Also another awesome fight scene.

Feb 4, 2013 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
eminagnam said:
Great episode. Just one word--Perfect.

Indeed!!!!
This is a great arc, but I prefer the Shoyou in the manga-version.
Or maybe its because the video quality wasn't very well at this moment xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

202 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jirou_Takashi - Jan 24, 2013

197 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.