Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2013 5:16 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverJan 24, 2013 5:42 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 2, 2013 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
That was a good chapter. I enjoyed the reuniting of this although I can't understand why he left his clothing behind? Was it just to not be as noticed with formal wear or what?

The real judgement starts now iirc I doubt the old man will let this fly easily considering what happened with usui's mom.
Feb 2, 2013 7:01 PM

Feb 2012
Man, I haven't enjoyed a chapter of Maid-sama this much in a really long time, it was pretty damn funny and they are finally reunited, hopefully this arc won't last much longer.

MidnightPride said:
That was a good chapter. I enjoyed the reuniting of this although I can't understand why he left his clothing behind? Was it just to not be as noticed with formal wear or what?

He had to distract the butlers and maids, that's one reason and fan service, of course.
Feb 2, 2013 7:47 PM

Oct 2011
Finally O_O
Feb 2, 2013 7:57 PM

May 2010
"Because Ayuzawa is my maid alone" <33
The kiss~ just so romantic♥

Awwwwwwwww, so cute and sweet. :'3 one of my fave chapters for sure. <33
Usui x Misaki forever. :))
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 2, 2013 8:39 PM
Dec 2011
Zhou said:
Man, I haven't enjoyed a chapter of Maid-sama this much in a really long time, it was pretty damn funny and they are finally reunited, hopefully this arc won't last much longer.

My thoughts exactly
Feb 2, 2013 10:43 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Loved the reunion kiss. I'm glad something is finally happening with the grandfather.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 2, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2011
They are reunited and I also enjoyed this chapter more than I have enjoyed it for a while. Loved the kiss.
Feb 3, 2013 12:45 AM
Oct 2010
cheesy buildup but they meet <3

was that his dad? 0_o
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 3, 2013 12:51 AM

Mar 2012
KingCez said:
cheesy buildup but they meet <3

was that his dad? 0_o

Glad I'm not the only who thought it was "cheesy", and also "expected" prince-like entrance. And then a reunion kiss.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 3, 2013 1:48 AM

Jul 2012
I'm hoping in the next chapter that Misaki and Usui escape and go back to Maid Latte...then a nuclear bomb drops on the castle killing the entire Walker family and sending out a wave of radioactive particles that erase the entire story arc from my memory. Unlikely I know, but I've got my fingers crossed. At least Usui and Misaki are back together finally.
Feb 3, 2013 5:59 AM

Nov 2012
A good chapter indeed after a long time
I wonder what happens next
Feb 3, 2013 8:27 AM

Aug 2010
Best chap in a long time (not that they were bad...just not as exciting without seeing those 2 together)

That kiss was really sweet add to that it was in front of everybody and while Misaki is in a Held like a Princess which made it even better XD

Wow Tora is really making his move on Misaki and he actually got her to blush. Quite an accomplishment if u ask me hehe.

Can't wait foe nxt ep and hopefully Usui will tell everyone his love for Misaki.
Feb 3, 2013 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
overMax!!! One of the best chapters! OMG! Super! I feel the LOVE! <3
Feb 3, 2013 9:07 AM
Apr 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Wow Tora is really making his move on Misaki and he actually got her to blush. Quite an accomplishment if u ask me hehe.

Misaki blushes at everything though, and has done so on countless occasions when interacting with Hinata. Her blush was due to the suddenness of the confession, not because of anything more.
Feb 3, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 2011
gaiusbaltar24 said:
Barion-Zara said:

Misaki blushes at everything though, and has done so on countless occasions when interacting with Hinata. Her blush was due to the suddenness of the confession, not because of anything more.

I think the same, Misaki always thought about boys as enemies and never had other experiences in love then I see her blush pretty normal.

Anyway. Really good chapter after a long time. 5/5
Feb 3, 2013 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
gaiusbaltar24 said:
Barion-Zara said:

Well yeah she does...but that intense blush is only sth Takumi can make her do. She doesn't usually go full out blushing to anything.
Feb 3, 2013 11:48 AM
Apr 2012
Barion-Zara said:
gaiusbaltar24 said:
Barion-Zara said:

Well yeah she does...but that intense blush is only sth Takumi can make her do. She doesn't usually go full out blushing to anything.

I think you are reading too much into what is really just an artistic flourish that basically denotes she was startled at his confession. I mean, you’re somewhat implying that she could have feelings for him, which is impossible, since she doesn’t even like Tora, so I don’t see how it can be interpreted as anything even slightly romantic on her part. She blushed the same amount when she was hugged by Hinata in chapter 26 and she certainly didn’t have any feelings for him. Even by comparing it to the blush she made when Usui was holding her, the latter was quite different and far more sensual. Nearly every time a girl is confessed to in a shoujo, she blushes like crazy, so this is merely par for the course. Also, she indirectly rejected him immediately and was always concerned about Usui, so anything else wouldn’t really make sense.
Feb 9, 2013 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
omgomgomgogmogmomgogm I DIED WATING FOR THIS CHAPTER! it was good as expected <333 hahah usui jumping down with the doves made him look so angelic
Feb 19, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
Great chapter- super sweet.

I have one complaint though, but it's not about the manga itself. The scanlations are really, really bad. I mean the scans are cleaned up VERY nicely and everything is aligned and all that, but whoever is editing the translation is doing a poor job. It's REALLY hard to decipher what people are saying at least 20% of the time because the grammar is so atrocious. The credits indicate that they have a lot of editors- Do none of them speak English as a first language?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they are doing this on their own free time and that they are putting in so much effort. I'm just trying to figure out why, with all the people working on this, the grammar manages to be so abysmal?

Also I apologize for my own poor grammar in this post- I've been reading the scanlations non-stop for the past few days so the grammar has affected me as well.
Feb 22, 2013 7:41 AM
Jan 2011
Wow i'm so glad i read from ch72-78 in one go or the wait to conclude this arc would have killed me. Maid-sama never fails to make me laugh like crazy with its humor and characters ^^ This chapter is especially good, Misaki's entrance on the helicopter made me laugh so hard i almost spazzed, when Usui was like "Am i dreaming?!" hahaha

The middle part of the manga made no sense, Misaki really didn't need to be so dramatic and running around the castle lol. Tora finally confessed to being attracted to Misaki! Yay the possibility of triangle is definitely there.

Usui walking down the hall and giving a piece of his clothing to every servant to distract them was the funniest plot device ever. It makes no sense for all of the servants to 'fall for him', but for the sake of this manga it was extremely funny to see Usui charm the pants off everyone lol. It did go overboard I feel, making Usui seem more like the Prince type. I didn't get the image he was a prince at the beginning of the manga, more like he was a 'bad boy, pretty boy' thing? The author is trying to alter Usui's image in the reader's mind?

But yea, the ending page... too much drama. Usui acting like an outer space alien again with the PDA, Misaki surprisingly not protesting. I can't wait to see what grandpa has to say about Usui.
Feb 23, 2013 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
Kya, I finally got the time to read this chapter! Being my first time to wait for a Kaichou chapter, it could't have gotten here any sooner!

Now to analyze this chapter in one word, awesome! We got to see Igarashi confess to Misaki (in a sort of cool/nonchalant way of course)^^ gotta say, he's growing on me; that's to say I don't think it would be that bas if Misaki and Igarashi got together (^O^)however, that still can't deny that it will always be Misaki and Takumi! (*^o^*)
We also got to see them kiss! Kyaa, i feel like it's been awhile~
Chapter ended with Duke Rachester (the grandfather) making his appearance!

Can't wait for the next chapter!😊
Mar 3, 2013 2:40 AM

Dec 2012
Finally ! Got read this . That kiss ! So sweet xD

- barely alive -
Apr 3, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2012
This was easily the best chapter in quite some time, as Fujiwara finally decided to portray Usui as one of the main characters, rather than the insufferable and increasingly pathetic Tora. It did, however, possess several noticeable flaws, which further illustrated the tedious nature of this arc.

For the first time in this needlessly dramatic and surprisingly uninteresting arc, there was actually an enjoyable balance within the chapter. Though the comedy was a bit exaggerated, particularly towards the beginning of the chapter, it signified a lighthearted tone that has been nearly altogether absent since the 57th chapter, which was essentially the peak of quality for this manga.

The romance, in particular, was fantastic, especially Usui and Misaki’s kiss towards the end of the chapter. There’s an inherent chemistry involved that can, of course, never be found in Tora and Misaki’s interactions. Fujiwara typically excels with the romantically significant moments, and, thankfully, she didn’t disappoint in that area. I’m hoping, now that they’ve finally reunited, Tora will realistically disappear from the story, since he can no longer offer anything of worth to the narrative (not that he really has before, mind you), and a furtherance of slightly focusing on his “interest” towards Misaki would be an immensely flawed and hopefully impossible approach to developing the conclusion of this arc. Following this arc and what I assume will be a pleasant resolution to these numerous complications, I’m hoping that Usui and Misaki’s relationship can simply progress in a natural manner, without the need for petty interferences and avoidable complications.

Tora’s seemingly hundredth confession was just as idiotic and meaningless as his first. Thankfully, at the very least, Tora surprisingly didn’t kiss her, which would have effectively ruined the chapter, as well as diminishing the romantic moments between Usui and Misaki that followed. I’m hoping, of course, that Tora will quickly exit the story following this chapter, since he adds absolutely nothing to the narrative or the character dynamics, aside from the extremely ancillary and dull potential that he’ll eventually sexually assault Misaki yet again, thus cheating on the fiance he doesn‘t even attempt to gravitate towards. I‘d like to think such a thing won‘t occur though, since, if it were to happen, I assume he would have made his move on Misaki prior to leaving for England and it really doesn’t seem like something Fujiwara would illustrate, since it would greatly tarnish his slowly-maturing character and slightly detract from the effectiveness of the manga as a whole. Not to mention, any sort of immensely contrived triangle would also be extremely ill-advised, since it would be thoroughly detrimental to the story and, due to Misaki and Usui’s lasting relationship and her inherent and very understandable contempt for Tora, along with Tora’s commitments to his soon-to-be wife, it would only appear to be a manufactured attempt to placate the very small section of readers that still ship other pairings this late into the story.

The most disappointing aspect of this chapter was the indication that all of Misaki’s training was, in fact, an irrelevant diversion, particularly highlighting the very unfortunate realization that the previous two chapters were comprehensively pointless, beyond some frustratingly repetitive and banal shipping moments for those very few that don’t appreciate the relationship between Usui and Misaki. I mean, I was willing to excuse Misaki’s dance with Tora if she was, as everything indicated, going to actually implement her newly acquired skills towards somehow proving herself to the Walker family, but, rather than methodically approaching the situation, she rushed into the castle without a moment’s hesitation. As such, the obstacle of infiltrating the Walkers and finding Usui was entirely accomplished without a single glimpse of the seemingly numerous lady-like qualities she had so arduously striven to obtain. This, of course, highlights the fact that she could have succeeded in her venture several chapters ago and wouldn’t owe Tora a damn thing. After all, Tora, in the end, only assisted by offering her the ability to quickly arrive in England, and yet Fujiwara seems intent on artificially constructing this mirage of selflessness within Tora’s actions, which will, in all likelihood, lead to yet another instance which repetitiously involves Tora forcing himself on Misaki in some inexcusable fashion, this time under the guise of merely accepting what he’s owed. However, now that Usui has finally reunited with Misaki, there really is no justification whatsoever for a continued prevalence of Tora’s trite “interest” in Misaki. Perhaps, just this once, he can actually swallow his ceaseless selfishness and grow up from his childish and petty ways.

The cliffhanger was quite intriguing, so I’m expecting that this will be thoroughly focused on in the following chapters, rather than a continuance of Tora’s increasingly tangential presence. I’m a bit skeptical however, since the pace has dramatically elevated and I’m not entirely certain which direction Fujiwara intends to follow. At the very least, I’m hoping that a certain level of maturity will be sought by both parties involved, and perhaps a partially amicable resolution for this aspect of the story. This arc, despite the long-awaited departure for England, has become increasingly stale, so I’m hoping the tedium is soon discarded.

Barion-Zara said:

I’d consider her to be a rather weak character if she was legitimately blushing, since, aside from deeply loving Usui, Tora did, in fact, attempt to rape her in the past, and it’s already unrealistic that she would deign herself to be in the same room with him, much less blush at his repetitive advancements towards her due to anything but a deeply felt feeling of surprise.
Nov 18, 2014 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
So hilarious, the beginning was sure kill, and I loved how Usui striped waiting for Misa.
The reunion was sweet.
Jan 25, 2015 3:02 PM

Aug 2013
DAMN, IT WAS ABOUT TIME, RIGHT? Fuck man, that kiss felt satisfying. A little more and Igarashi was going to NTR Takumi with Misaki -.-

That plan to land Misaki from a helicopter was hilarious x)
And Takumi casually welcoming the maid shirtless, classic.

With the old man appearing right at the end, shit will go down.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 12, 2016 4:15 PM

Sep 2010
I have to admit, a part of me was cheering for Tora. Dunno, his confession was kinda cute, and the way he was carrying her after she jumped... Even though Misaki and Takumi's reunion makes me happy,
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Apr 6, 2019 12:46 AM

Jan 2019
Ah, A good Chapter after some slow ones.
HaHa, the first 4 pages ... I was laughing so hard over there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 32 Discussion

shadowraze - May 2, 2009

44 by shaadow82 »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 85 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2013

81 by James_xeno »»
Jul 5, 2023 7:59 PM

» ending was so sudden

cool_as_mf - Jun 21, 2023

2 by cool_as_mf »»
Jun 22, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 48 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2010

21 by YasashiiTimes »»
May 14, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 21 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Dec 11, 2008

9 by FakeSpicyApple »»
May 4, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.