Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 26, 2013 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
Question: Is "Chesto!" a real thing in Kendo or whatever or was that a reference to Katanagatari?
Jan 26, 2013 10:32 PM
Mar 2011
This series so far reminds me of the genre's olden days where you look the other way in the face of iffy plot and character development. The show must be catering towards an older audience that would be reminded back in the day when anime wasn't so well thought out. The fact the new recruit knew how to dock without being told just takes the cake.

Plus, lolibutt fanservice.
Jan 26, 2013 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
Eh..
dropped
this is pretty stupid :L The psuedo yuri harem is wierding me out to much
I kinda want to see what the last combination character design will be though, basically the only thing that interests me in this.

Although to be fair I basically skimmed through the entire episode and paid attention to nothing. I didnt miss anything quality changing did I?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 26, 2013 11:24 PM
Aug 2011
HauntingShock said:

What's up with that Akane swag glasses o_o

Ya know, those are good for keeping your identity a secret. Glasses are miraculous that way.

QuiGonJon said:
I didnt miss anything quality changing did I?

.....You kind of did. There were a bunch of new ass-shots and crotch-shots that weren't present in episode 1 and 2.
Jan 27, 2013 3:52 AM

Mar 2011
darkfireblade25 said:
This series so far reminds me of the genre's olden days where you look the other way in the face of iffy plot and character development. The show must be catering towards an older audience that would be reminded back in the day when anime wasn't so well thought out. The fact the new recruit knew how to dock without being told just takes the cake.

Plus, lolibutt fanservice.

Very true. Also the lack of reaction to flying magical girls, giant monster snake things and a rodent for a grandfather. Then of course the whole understanding how to transform and having perfect flying skills and not questioning the whole fusing thing...

But the anime is fun overall, I didn't expect anything special from plot or characters anyway xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 27, 2013 5:58 AM

Sep 2011
Really digging the catchy music in this.
Jan 27, 2013 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
Really want to find out more about the archer girl.
Jan 27, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
Loved it again! Voltron Form Blazing Sword! Err... I mean, Vividblade Lock Off 200% Power! Final Operation! Whatever, love it... can't wait for hikikomori Vivid Yellow!

How did they know to dock? How did they trust each other so soon? After 2 matches of martial arts combat like they had, they know each other intimately already... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it LOL
Jan 27, 2013 9:06 AM

Oct 2011
Ah,the classic anime sword pose....

We meet again.

The episode was alright.Rushed as hell,but alright.Like the transformation sequence.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jan 27, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2011
Looks like Japan has finally realised that it is possible to be late for school without having a slice of toast in your mouth.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 27, 2013 3:27 PM
May 2012
i don't get whats wrong with the people here, this show is seriously the best this season hast to offer and i rated it 9/10 , i suppose this will be a top-tier anime regarding the sales this year, pure epicness!
Jan 27, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2008
Oh God this is so bad lololol.
Jan 28, 2013 5:05 AM
Jun 2008

I heard news that this Anime will have a turning point at ep5.
Hopefully something serious will happen.
Jan 28, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Looks like Japan has finally realised that it is possible to be late for school without having a slice of toast in your mouth.

Well, in Akane's case, a tomato would be more fitting. She would have looked like a suckling pig though, so they left it out XD

I would have liked to see an akane-suckling pig. Because right now, I'm hungry.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 28, 2013 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
Kamina Glasses LOLLL
Jan 28, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2012
MorningGlory said:

I heard news that this Anime will have a turning point at ep5.
Hopefully something serious will happen.

Makes sense, as he says after epside 4 the character introductions will be done so we can get down to the serious business! Sadly that means just 8 episodes left for the story. I hope it isn't too rushed but I'm confident I will enjoy every second.
Jan 28, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 2009
So, yeah. Gurren Lagann meets mahou shoujo. Kamina's glasses confirmed it.
I approve!
Jan 29, 2013 2:39 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, the writing in this is so terrible, I feel like laughing my ass off at times >___<; Most of the episode, in fact. Well, this anime is still entertaining, and I'm wondering if it will improve, so I'm sticking with it.

Looking forward to that kawaii hikkikomori girl in the next episode! ^__^
Jan 29, 2013 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
THE RIGHT WAY TO WATCH THIS:
bippo said:
I don't care if its rushed. I don't care if this episode wasn't well received in Japan. As long as i get my close-up crotch shots and yuri transformation scenes, I'll eat this show as if I have no brain to realize this is just a generic show.

10/10

10/10 Would read again.
Jan 30, 2013 9:07 AM

Apr 2011
Hmmm...Himawari's breast is the biggest among the girls...Nice! looking forward for the next episode. :P
Feb 6, 2013 4:05 AM

Aug 2008
Haha! Their combination reminded me more of hatsune miku.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Feb 6, 2013 6:04 PM

Feb 2012
Jesus, rushed as hell but again, as long as it's enjoyable, it's okay and Vivdgreen is kinda hot.
Feb 8, 2013 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
Hey, is this a real thing, or are they making a Katanagatari reference here?

(No spoilers. Just spoilering for large image)

Feb 8, 2013 3:09 PM

Oct 2009
Actually, it was probably used as a engrish-slang from Kendo terminology.
In kendo points are counted from four strike points, that is:
Men (head)
Do (chest) <---- I think this is what shes screaming out
Tsuki (throat)
Kote (hand)

Kendo disciple must yells his/her attack targets to earn points. It is funny though that she was constantly yells 'chesto' means that she was thinking about it way too much..

Oppai of the Enemy
azzuReFeb 8, 2013 3:13 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 8, 2013 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
azzuRe said:
Actually, it was probably used as a engrish-slang from Kendo terminology.
In kendo points are counted from four strike points, that is:
Men (head)
Do (chest) <---- I think this is what shes screaming out
Tsuki (throat)
Kote (hand)

Usually in manga or anime, kendo disciple yells his targets to confuse enemies of where he / she will actually strikes. It is funny though that she was constantly yells 'chesto' means that she was thinking about it way too much..

I see you haven't seen Katanagatari - my point was that in that show Togame says "Cheerio!" and it is later pointed out to her that the term she should have been using was "Chesto!" so when I saw it here too I figured it was either a reference to Katanagatari or it's an actual term, which judging by your post is essentially the case.
Feb 8, 2013 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
I have edited my post while ago, I was mistaken.
Apparently in kendo they must say their attacks or they will not earn any points.
The reference: http://www.sckendo.ca/kendo-point-areas.shtml

And yes, I have not seen Katanagatari. I think I will put it to my ptw now, looks like a good show.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 8, 2013 4:12 PM

Nov 2011
azzuRe said:
I have edited my post while ago, I was mistaken.
Apparently in kendo they must say their attacks or they will not earn any points.
The reference: http://www.sckendo.ca/kendo-point-areas.shtml

And yes, I have not seen Katanagatari. I think I will put it to my ptw now, looks like a good show.

It's great.
Feb 11, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
So many small tight asses.

SciFi said:
I know they want to get the characters introduced quickly, but Ep3 just felt too rushed.

Yeah but it's also good that we don't spend time with every character reacting and asking the same shit even though it seems little strange and rushed.
Feb 11, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2007
This series is freakin' ridiculous.... they better make Wakaba/Momo canon by the end of this.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 14, 2013 2:28 AM

Oct 2011
LOVED IT. My favorite episode yet. Also helps that Saegusa is my favorite character and wears my favorite color. xD

Still wondering how she knew how to dock though..

That Vivigreen was AWSOME!!!! DAT SWORD!! I love this anime!
Feb 16, 2013 4:31 AM

Jan 2011
Wakaba really looked like Miku in that transformation scene.
Not a lot of other things to say except for me laughing the entire time.
Everytime that fan service pops up I start to laugh for some reason... ಠ_ಠ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 27, 2013 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
Currently watching Shoujo Kakumei Utena and I noticed this:

And that show has a character named Wakaba too! :)
Mar 2, 2013 10:42 PM

Apr 2012
Akane is pretty bold to start "docking" with a girl she has only known for a day or two.
Mar 15, 2013 11:13 PM

Mar 2013
JohnGalt89 said:
Akane is pretty bold to start "docking" with a girl she has only known for a day or two.

Mar 24, 2013 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
Great animation.
This episode was pretty good.
Apr 4, 2013 11:38 PM

Aug 2010
I felt this episode was rushed. it was funny when robot girl ignored akane, i was laughing hard lol. overall this wasnt one of my fav. epsiode, plus i kinda dislike the green magical girl, she seems like the type of person who wanna better than everyone else.
Apr 27, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2010
PhoenixIce said:
Nobody mentioned Kamina's glasses/shades?

One of the best thing in this episode XD
Apr 30, 2013 3:02 AM

Mar 2013
Is it just me or the logo of vividred operation kinda reminds me of Google Chrome because of the colors and btw this show is sugoi :) i`m enjoying this a lot :)
May 13, 2013 5:35 PM

Feb 2013
I liked this episode, so funny!
Nov 29, 2013 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Momo's been kidnapped! That whole chase was awesome!

Those eyes!

I just realized, during the Vivid* transformations, they censored the legs in the TV version. I think it looked better in the TV version with the shiny-pants.
censored | uncensored (possibly NSFW... can't see anything...)
Feb 28, 2014 8:54 PM

Aug 2013
It took me a while to get used to Strike Witches' bloomer/pantsu outfit but I guess this time it's fine.

I'm not expecting a deep story but it was pretty fun watching the whole transformation and docking bit. Akane+Wakaba transformation was cool. I'm guessing Wall-E will be the next member :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 11, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2012
A new character and a new suit carrier! Pretty impressive combination as well and a lovely ED as well! The development is quite lovely so let's see what's next!
Oct 21, 2015 2:20 AM

Jun 2015
They transferred schools. And in the same class as the bow girl. Things would not get more interesting.
So wakaba is also one of them now. Hurray for more yuri.
Holy the robot eye saw the whole thing. And Akane the haram lead.
Feb 2, 2016 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
Aw crap... these transformation sequences are too good. Shame there's only one left, the yellow ranger, red and yellow ranger zord and the full on megazord that consists of all the 4 girls (if it's even possible)

That lone ranger though...
Nov 9, 2018 9:54 PM

Jun 2017
My thoughts on this episode...

It was cute how they pretend the UN are the good guys in this anime. Man, make-believe sure is nice! so much less dark and evil than real life. No human and/or child trafficking to speak of in this anime. Thinking of it now, that "Alone" isn't nearly as big a threat as the (UN-ELECTED) United Nations.

Maybe they should have used some other fictional force, instead of the United Nations...

The naivete is killing me. Ask Libya about UN peacekeeping! they can tell you more! A lot more. You know, Libya was a pretty freaking nice country before - and now it's literally a smoldering crater. All to "free" them from their duly elected leader. Thank God for UN peacekeeping and/or humanitarian aid missions! I'm sure those guys are much happier living in a pile of rubble than they were beautiful cities anyway.

Why do I get hung up on details like this? because it bothers the shit out of me when my preferred form of entertainment / escape from reality throws some of the worst tyrants in the world a bone, I guess.
Alpha-MethylNov 9, 2018 10:03 PM
Apr 25, 2019 2:51 AM

Aug 2018
I’m liking this series. It’s silly, it’s inane, but it’s also fun.
Jan 29, 2020 8:54 PM

Feb 2014
Okay yeah Japanese mayo is tasty but DAMN Akane eats so much of it like girl slow down xD

That entire fighting scene after kendo was extremely fast, wish we got to see more of Wakaba's powers not in Vividgreen mode

This show is fun lol I like it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2021 4:08 PM

Jun 2017
Ahh, so now it's the introduction of the Tomboy Kendo student, who wears a swimsuit / bikini instead of normal underwear. They sure did this one by the book so far.

...all in all, not a bad episode I suppose. How they can "Dock" after having known each other for a day or whatever, I'd like to know, but I have a suspicion I'm in for more of that...

It's funny, in 2019 I watched this, don't remember a single detail about it except that it was like Mecha/Magical Girl. I even posted on some of these episode discussions, oddly enough - either I just had my Xanax prescription refilled when I started watching, or it was EXTREMELY forgettable. I usually remember watching things at least a little, but .. Xanax would explain it.

So far it seems like I would at least have some recall from just a couple years ago, it's not really very good but it's not that bland...
May 29, 2021 5:58 AM

Feb 2020
Akane getting chased by Saegusa was hilarious.

Saegusa's transformation was beautiful.

SerafosDec 11, 2023 2:49 AM
Mar 27, 2022 8:17 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Looks like everyone are in the same class.. ;P
lol at the chase.. ;P
True power concept is interesting.. Not always are we able to transfer skills from one thing to another, really.. Like persistence in training, for example.. How to have stamina for things.. Not necessary we'll be able to transfer it to learning.. Just as an example..
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

207 by Azullion1 »»
Oct 30, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.