Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2014 9:36 PM

Sep 2012
Hahhahah

THAT was a final episode to PIERCE THE HEAVENS! (or create the heavens?)

Who knows, but dang that was exactly what I needed from that kind of show.

gg Gurren Lagann, gg
Oct 29, 2014 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
saifmohammed said:

Are the movies just condensed versions of the series or do they differ from the series?

the first movie only has like 15 minutes of new content on the last part of the movie while the second movie remakes the ending arc of the series into a more epic way, i highly recommend the second movie but you got to watch at least the new footage on the first movie
Oct 29, 2014 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
saifmohammed said:
j0x said:

the first movie only has like 15 minutes of new content on the last part of the movie while the second movie remakes the ending arc of the series into a more epic way, i highly recommend the second movie but you got to watch at least the new footage on the first movie

Thats interesting, the ending made even more epic? I have to watch this..

yep just watch the 2 movies especially the 2nd movie to see more epicness
Nov 3, 2014 9:12 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing series. Sucks Nia disappeared.
Nov 4, 2014 8:46 AM
Oct 2014
If you take laws of the modern physics into account, the battle took millions of years to complete.
Nov 9, 2014 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
Overall I think this is one of the best anime series I have ever seen. No other anime has given me all sorts of emotions all the way through.

The ending has to be my favourite part, just the most perfect way to end the series. This is the kind of anime I would watch many times and never get tired of it, along with Cowboy Bebop and samurai champloo.
Nov 11, 2014 7:19 PM

Sep 2014
So what was the thing at the start of the first episode all about?
Nov 11, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2009
notsomacho said:

its just an alternate foreshadowing thing of Simon becoming badass on later parts of the story
Nov 16, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2014
j0x said:
saifmohammed said:

Are the movies just condensed versions of the series or do they differ from the series?

Welp I know what I'm going to be watching next.
Nov 22, 2014 10:50 PM

Sep 2014
and thats how you make a proper ending... Bittersweet, with no loose ends and didnt make you think of "the what-ifs, should-haves, and if-onlys" Just love every second of this anime.... 10/10
Nov 27, 2014 4:59 AM
Mar 2014
Great anime,glad I finally got around to watching it.

Mia disappearing at the end made me sad, but I guess that's life :L
Dec 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
That ending definitely was indeed bittersweet.

The fight was fucking amazing. I enjoyed this show very much.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Dec 4, 2014 11:04 PM
Oct 2014
So I just finished this, and WTF YA GOTTA KILL NIA FOR? HUH? JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
Aside from that this show was amazing.
If Nia lived - 11/10
But since Nia dies - 10/10
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Dec 12, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
I'm not a fan of mecha anime or anything mecha-related and after the 8th episode I was like "WTF? I thought it was gonna be a comedy...", but I must say it was pretty enjoyable. But I'm not completely satisfied with the ending though. I didn't expect Nia wolud disappear, literally, and that Simon would leave being Gurren Lagann pilot.
Dec 13, 2014 9:34 AM

Mar 2014
notsomacho said:

It was the direction Gainax intended on going for the end, but then halfway through, they realized they're gonna end it some other way.

That isn't to say that the prologue doesn't have any significance: the prologue is symbolic in that 1) it could be one of the alternate realities if Simon didn't end up a vagabond and continued using Spiral Power; or 2) in could be Kamina's father with Lordgenome. (The latter makes most sense because they both look similar and both make a jingle noise when they walk.)
Dec 23, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
When i first started watching this show i thought that simons eyes were pretty weird and not that cool like the others,but i liked the first eight episodes with kamina,Simon and yoko together.i couldn't believe that kamina died so early in the show and i kinda got depressed and didn't want to watch any more.a few days later i decided that i should continue and i found it ok but not as good as before.when they all got older i began to like it again and Simon looked better.i really enjoyed the fights and the plot but i just didn't like so many good people that i liked dying.in the last episode when Simon and nia got married i was really happy but when she disappeared i just felt really sad.and at the end when Simon and yoko were all alone it made me even more depressed.why couldn't they get married and give it a happy ending. i just want good animes to have a good ending too.😢😢😢 anyway i liked it a lot and i yoko sure is hot.thats all
Dec 23, 2014 9:02 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, great ending. Absolutely epic final battle. Poor Nia and Simon. The final shot of Simon walking away from the Dai Gurren team was beautifully drawn, it made me really sad to see him leave them. And I liked seeing everyone as they grew older - Simon certainly passed the torch and completed his journey from boy to man.

Amazing show, likely a 9/10 from me.
Dec 26, 2014 12:43 PM
Sep 2013
Awesome. Amazing. EPIC.
Dec 27, 2014 11:18 PM
Jan 2012
Well, that was certainly something epic. I was going to bring out all the flaws in the story a few episodes back, but now who cares, the ridiculousness went above and beyond anything before in the last episode anyway. Overall, good anime and I can see why this is rated so highly, even if I don't agree with all of the praise. This series even got a bit more emoton out of me than expected, bonus points for that.
Dec 29, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
I don't even like mecha and this is one of the best anime I've ever seen. It definitely deserves all the praise it gets.
The final fight was epic and the ending was so bittersweet. That was the most beautiful death scene I've ever seen, and it had an amazing ending overall.
Dec 30, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
Shit. That was just awesome. One of the best action animes I have watched, almost as good as Kill la Kill which is my fav. Still 10/10 though. Gotta love this great animation (gainax/trigger are the best, hands down), epic fights and AWESOME pacing, that's exactly what I loved so much about kill la kill - it just gets better and better and better with every episode. Crazy. The only thing I didn't like was Nia disappearing. I don't think it was needed nor served any real purpose. Honestly, after 10 episodes of saving her and finally managing to do it and beating the arch enemy she disappears? Well it's not like it was all that sad but I still think it would have been better if she hadn't disappeared.
Dec 30, 2014 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
I'm having a hard time gathering my thoughts. That was one of the best fights I ever seen! They were throwing galaxies at each other! FUCKING GALAXIES!

Seeing that wedding made me go to extreme happiness to saddness. That shift in emotion was so fast. Damn it. I'm gonna miss Nia. I don't want her to be gone!

Seeing Kamina's grave with the 6 other Team Gurren member and Nia's grave next to each other?! The feels are on another dimnesion. Nia's grave had her wedding ring on it. I wanted Nia and Simon to have a happy life together. :( This is he definition of bittersweet.

Everyone got old! Didn't expect another timeskip. Yoko got old and is still a teacher. Rossiu is still the commander/president it seems. Simon looks like he became a wanderer soon ater his wedding with Nia. Boota still the same though! What happened to Simon's left eye?

I just realized the narrator at the beginning of each episode is Simon himself! Listen to old Simon. That's fucking awesome.

This a anime I will never forget. Ever. Holy shit. Going to watch the movies and then off to Kill la Kill!
Nano1124Dec 30, 2014 8:51 PM
Jan 20, 2015 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Well this made even less sense on a rewatch lol. Still love it, one of my favorite animes.
Jan 21, 2015 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
This show is beautiful. It makes perfect sense to me. Its one of those shows that I just think are a masterpiece and hold special place in my heart (others are Rahxephon, Samurai Champloo, Evangelion, Zeta Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin etc)

I absolutely love it so much. I recently rewatched it for the 6th time and its just as good every time. This last time i rewatched it because it got released on blu ray remastered and I havent been able to enjoy it in glorious HD yet.

OMG.. watching this in 1080p blu ray on my big HD TV was just beautiful. This show blows my mind and brings a tear to my eye every time. I just don't understand people who don't like this show, or people who are like oh that show sucked I dropped it at episode 3. I feel like those are people who I could never get along with.
Jan 30, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
This series has been insane! With a pretty satisfying ending, too.

And there's something about this show that I find inspirational. It's just so uplifting... Like whenever I finish an episode, I feel like there was nothing I couldn't do.

So yeah, I'm really glad I got to experience this. It was pretty awesome.
LeeTailorJan 30, 2015 1:24 PM
Feb 4, 2015 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
Just holy fuck. This anime was so god damn wonderful it's insane. This show is one of a kind, totally insanely epic.

New favorite, probably for all time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2015 1:00 PM
Jan 2014
This entire series was a rollercoaster for me. At first I was very iffy about the series because it was so goofy, I feel like they were trying too hard to try and make it funny. I'm glad I did watch it, I'm very glad that I chose to finish instead of put it on hold. The ending of the series.... I HAVE to talk about it. The ending upset me. I finished it yesterday and I'm STILL dwelling on it. I hate that Simon fought so hard for Nia and she disappeared, I hate that Kamina died so early in the series but I see why they did it. I like that they had Kamina snap people out of the funk they were in. I hate that nobody had a "happy ending". But I loved it still.
Feb 5, 2015 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
I can't believe I almost dropped this show many times. Comparing how humble Gurren Lagann starts to how it ends is simply crazy. For once I feel like I'm not left wanting more out of a series. Wonderful series and ending.
Feb 11, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
Can't believe it's all over, it was one hell of a ride though. Best ending ever.
Feb 12, 2015 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
I watched the first episode a year ago, and dropped it immediately thinking it was total garbage. A week ago i picked it up again and...wow. This show was over the top in every sense of the word, at times it felt like Dragonball z with all the power creeping going on, but it did it so perfectly that i never got tired of it.

The ending was bittersweet, but left no loose ends, had a conclussive ending. I loved this, and will definetely re-watch it a year from now.
Feb 12, 2015 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
That Ending. Just holy shit. FUCKING AWESOME! Old Rossiu and Simon, Yoko, etc. It was just awesome seeing them older and even the kids are all grown up! Leeron doesn't look any different though wtf. This anime has been one hell of a ride. This is going in my favorites for sure! 10/10
Feb 13, 2015 10:04 AM
Dec 2014
This Anime was amazing, so much action, good characters + so many epic scenes and great soundtracks

I just didn't really like the ending.
It's sad Nia had to disappear. I kinda wish Simon would end up together with Yoko atleast.
He was an amazing character and I was kinda sad to see him wandering all alone without people even knowing who he is. I know he wanted this, but still..
Feb 23, 2015 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
From a comment on YT: The intro scene in episode 1 is supposed to be the bad future that Anti-Spiral was trying to prevent, that's why Boota is human. How here Boota says "Are all the lights in the heavens our enemy?" and Simon says "They aren't worthy to be our opponents" directly contrasts with their exchange at the very end of episode 27 "All the lights in the sky are stars" and boota says "boohyuu!" because he cant talk and Simon says "That's right. They're the stars where our Spiral friends are waiting."
Feb 27, 2015 4:13 AM

Dec 2013
THE SPITTING OF MECHS OH MY GOD! AND OH MY GOD THAT BATTLE WAS SO EPIC, GALATICALLY COLOSSAL.

and....nia....i expected a very happy ending, but it became bittersweet..They kissed and was officially husband and wife, but...shit. I cried to bits.

One hell of a ride it was. They literally drilled through my soul, TTGL, 10/10. An excellent show indeed. You will be missed <3
Mar 6, 2015 12:36 AM
Sep 2010
Felt so sad when Nia died. Poor Simon. He lost so much, but he seemed happy in the end so that made it a tiny bit better.

Anyway, I started this show with low hopes, watched it on and off for a couple of months because I couldn't get into it...but after the time skip...finished the series in just several hours. The show definitely deserves all the praise it gets. I really enjoyed it.
Uploader53
Mar 14, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2010
Whoa, what an ending.

Jokes: "We have paused our evolution," Yeah, lol, the anti-spirals sleeping forms on spoiler: their planet remind me of Slowbro. x'D
"Burn in the eternal hellfire of life's creation," Sounds like a wangst song.
The Spiral King aka Lord Genome's 1000 year slump ended.
Mar 14, 2015 10:45 PM

Feb 2015
I'm not sure whether its a good or bad ending. I literally cannot watch any other anime for a while. Im not so sure why. Is it because i just feel bad for Simon and Yoko? I have to keep telling myself that they ended up together, though Nia died. Hopefully, they have moved on. Otherwise, a great series.
Mar 15, 2015 1:11 PM

Feb 2011
Smeeth40 said:
This entire series was a rollercoaster for me. At first I was very iffy about the series because it was so goofy, I feel like they were trying too hard to try and make it funny. I'm glad I did watch it, I'm very glad that I chose to finish instead of put it on hold. The ending of the series.... I HAVE to talk about it. The ending upset me. I finished it yesterday and I'm STILL dwelling on it. I hate that Simon fought so hard for Nia and she disappeared, I hate that Kamina died so early in the series but I see why they did it. I like that they had Kamina snap people out of the funk they were in. I hate that nobody had a "happy ending". But I loved it still.

Yes, this!

I've thought about it a lot, and while I really liked this series, a lot of it was very overwhelming for me, some parts too silly, too over the top, but other parts just amazing, and Team Gurren's spirit always pulled me back in.

Then these last few episodes... Damn. Bittersweet endings I'm usually fine with but this one really left me unsettled. I mean, what was most important was achieved, but still... I need to find a straight up comedy to watch after this one.
Mar 15, 2015 1:37 PM
Feb 2009
this show really got me.. but that ending sure it was great but soooo sad.. it made me want to p*ke like the dude was trowing galaxys and he couldn't get a happy ending? why (nia WHY) ??? :,(
ps : 10/10
Mar 23, 2015 2:49 PM
May 2013
HOLY SHIT!!! What an ending! I was a bit sad seeing what happens to Nia, then seeing Simon living a life of solitude for 20+ years.
Definitely one of my favourite animes ever!! I feel quite emotional about it all!
Apr 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2012
He looks like kamina wth she died.weird sad ending
Good anime in overall 7/10
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE

Apr 13, 2015 4:31 AM

Apr 2013
This is how you make over the top shit with big ass robots fun and memorable. Kamina is not here with us but his in your hearth folks.
Apr 17, 2015 3:03 PM

Mar 2015
Is it really selfish of me to have wanted both Kamina and Nia to survive, even though their deaths may have only made the show even more cherished to everyone(even me)
thinking of a different sig, meanwhile here that's my list
Apr 18, 2015 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
U_V_ said:
Is it really selfish of me to have wanted both Kamina and Nia to survive, even though their deaths may have only made the show even more cherished to everyone(even me)

They could have had Nia survive but not Kamina.

This show was a freaking rollercoaster. It is so awesome. A masterpiece. Just entered my top 3 anime.
Apr 25, 2015 11:29 PM
Jun 2013
From the first few episodes I never would have imagined how incredible this series would have turned out for me. There were definitely some things that kind of irritated me throughout but man I gotta give it up this was phenomenal in so many ways. This series really made me a little emotional I can't deny it. I am really going to miss this. It was an amazing journey.

10/10
May 4, 2015 1:05 PM

May 2013
Amazing finale for an amazing series, wow. This anime was amazing, it wasn't the most logical and it was downright confusing for me at times but man was it enjoyable, motivational/inspirational, cool and just deep. I loved the inspirational speeches, crazy fights and many crazy moments throughout the series. Overall, I really love this series.

May 4, 2015 6:11 PM

Apr 2015
The best battle anime I've ever seen and with greater certainty the world will not have another that overcomes , and has an ending that touched me want to cry by Sinon .
May 9, 2015 9:03 AM
Apr 2014
Nia died... holy fuck am I butthurt right now.
May 11, 2015 12:20 AM

Feb 2015
GalacticTire said:
Nia died... holy fuck am I butthurt right now.

My butthurt lasted for a while. Some of the butthurt remains still lie within me. The butthurt for me would of been remedied if Simon and Yoko ended up after after a short timeskip. I tell myself that they probably banged during the timeskip.
May 29, 2015 7:33 AM

Apr 2014
Final fight was epic with Simon, Lordgenome and whole Team Dai Gurren vs Anti-Spiral! Simon and Nia married, after this Nia disappeared. Future is interesting epsecially Rossiu as commander-in-chief and Vira as commander of Super Galaxy Dai Gurren and representative for Earth. So an awesome series is over!

Just who the hell do you think I am!
Dan-TeMay 29, 2015 10:16 AM
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

broaz - Jul 29, 2007

194 by phantom346 »»
Mar 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.