MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann »» Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion

Pages (43) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

1537 84.78%
4 out of 5: Liked it

150 8.27%
3 out of 5: It was OK

58 3.20%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

24 1.32%
1 out of 5: Hated it

44 2.43%
Voters: 1813

10-01-07, 10:04 AM

Tengen toppa has become my favorite anime ever. I liked the last episode, it could've been better (I expected it to be better) but I liked it.
Tengen toppa gurren lagann.. Wow :)

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).

10-01-07, 12:25 PM

I wanna marry Nia!!!

Only a couple of words put together could possibly describe how I felt: TOTALLY FRICKIN FANTASTICAL ***** AWESOME.

10/10

10-01-07, 12:29 PM

I think some of you people are grossly overrating this show.

Trevor (OP)

10-01-07, 12:34 PM

Not really over-rated. maybe you missed out on it, but so far from what I can see people felt the same way as me. While I watched it I felt excitement and all that kind of stuff beyond how I've felt before etc.

Plus chucking galaxies at each other is cool. XD

Melancholic end, but appropriate. Nia ='(. Very happy with the ending. XD

10-01-07, 12:42 PM

Ive read several 10/10 and a couple..."It's the best anime ever" I'd say thats touted as overrated. I actually finished the series the other day. Its a very solid 7 nothing more.
Seriously i could go on for pages with prime examples on why this show should never received a 10/10
But to each their own i suppose

Trevor (OP)

10-01-07, 12:44 PM

Utterly perfect......

Only thing to wait for now is the OST and the DS game..........ahhhh joys.

10-01-07, 12:56 PM

Amazing anime. No words can describe its awesomeness

10-01-07, 1:09 PM

Kyocool said:
Ive read several 10/10 and a couple..."It's the best anime ever" I'd say thats touted as overrated. I actually finished the series the other day. Its a very solid 7 nothing more.
Seriously i could go on for pages with prime examples on why this show should never received a 10/10

Trevor (OP)

PERHAPS THE SAME COULD BE SAID OF ALL ANIME~

10-01-07, 1:13 PM

Kyocool said:

Trevor (OP)

And I could go on for pages with prime examples on why this should should recieve a 10/10. Its called an opinion. I'm perfectly aware not everyone has the same taste. But a good 90% of the viewers claim this show to be 10/10 material. And I do believe that says something.

10-01-07, 1:56 PM

mulderman said:
Kyocool said:

Trevor (OP)

And I could go on for pages with prime examples on why this should should recieve a 10/10. Its called an opinion. I'm perfectly aware not everyone has the same taste. But a good 90% of the viewers claim this show to be 10/10 material. And I do believe that says something.

In all fairness the same people on this site hold Lucky star to almost the same thing so i would take everything read with a big ol grain of salt.
Also 90% huh? Where did you find those exact facts might you care to show me?
Because im fairly sure this show doesn't even have a 9 rating. So its impossible for 90% to vote 10/10.

Edit- please i would love to hear several prime examples of why this show deserves a 10

Trevor (OP)

10-01-07, 3:15 PM

Kyo, mulder. Not in here please, share that by each other's PM.

I loved it, just the Nia & Episode 1's Intro :'(.....

PS: Does anyone know where or even when the OST of GL is ever coming out? >_>; *can't find that "fight dah powah"(whatever you call it) D:!!!!

10-01-07, 4:00 PM

Great show. It was definitely an amazing and epic ride.

I don't know about you, but the fact that they killed of Kamina was a double-edged sword. While the fact that they did was definitely totally unexpected and a great twist, in doing so, they killed of their most creative, hilarious, best character of the show. I found the first 9 episodes or so (when he was alive) to be much more entertaining then the second half when Kamina wasn't around.

After awhile, you got the sense that Simon seemed way too powerful for anyone to have a threat upon him. But the battles nevertheless, were epic in their own right.

And what the hell? What that Anti-spiral guy throwing galaxies around as weapons? Wtf? Haha.

Oh, btw, the characters in the 20-year time jump looked ugly as hell. They all looked like they were in their 50s. I mean, they all should be around mid-30's - they won't look THAT old. And nooooooooooooooooo - why did Yoko have to get old too!? *Tear*

Final rating - 8/10

10-01-07, 5:47 PM

Yoko is a MILF.

10-01-07, 6:37 PM

Nice, very nice to put it simply.
The series as a whole was highly enjoyable. There was ups and there was down but that comes with any anime.
One of the thing that Gurren Lagann did extremely well is pacing. It hardly lingered around a certain point for too long while having something to kick it up a notch. In the end, the beginning seem like a distant memory.
Along with that and other things like being highly re-watchable, it gets a 10 from me or a the very least a very high 9 point something. Its re-watchable to the point that I can compare to how I rewatched Dragon Ball Z back in the day.

And to the debate of either this deserve a 10 or not is moot to me since I see two ways to get a ten. One is like how I described it above with Gurren Laggann and the other is like how Mushishi pulled it off. Both completely different anime but still manage to pulla 10/10 from me.
Meh.

10-01-07, 7:32 PM

Great series and episode, too bad Nia's gone though =[.

I enjoyed it very much anyways :D

10-01-07, 8:20 PM

Ah that was a great run.

10-01-07, 8:36 PM

NietonoNoShana said:

PS: Does anyone know where or even when the OST of GL is ever coming out? >_>; *can't find that "fight dah powah"(whatever you call it) D:!!!!
October 3rd :>

10-01-07, 11:14 PM

I'm just wondering how they managed to cram all of Nia's hair into that bun >.<. Definitely a 10/10 non-over-rated series of the true meaning of EPIC.

10-01-07, 11:42 PM

I get the feeling alot of people here don't know what overrated means.
Overrated is when alot of people say that something's really great, when they in fact haven't seen alot of other animes/whatever and don't really have much to base that opinion on in reality.
However, I think most people browsing this forum (actually most people who frequent mal) have seen alot of animes, which would make the statement that this is overrated moot.
This is alot of peoples honest opinion after having seen alot of different animes, deal with it :P.

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).

10-02-07, 5:14 AM

windy said:
NietonoNoShana said:

October 3rd :>
:> coolz, u bettah b baying mi the OST nao!

Pages (43) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices