Forum Settings
Forums

[CLOSED] Anime Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend [CLOSED]

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (73) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2013 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Maegil said:
It's a bit early to call it a troll list if you don't know of most of these.
I could say the same about your list then.

You are right about one thing though:

I think you must have already noticed that I didn't check the club relations or my rating when making this list.
Besides, the club relations is supposed to be a list of shitty anime.
(Although it seems more like anything goes, as long as it's popular.)
No-one takes anything seriously around here anyway.

NyaaJan 21, 2013 2:11 PM
Jan 21, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Virtual_BS said:
It's a bit early to call it a troll list if you don't know of most of these.
Hey, don't blame me, I'm not looking for a flame war; it was you who called yourself a troll!
Virtual_BS said:

[friendly banter mode] In any case, I do know most of them - may I call you a troll now? [/friendly banter mode]
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Jan 21, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
Maegil said:
In any case, I do know most of them - may I call you a troll now?
If that's what makes you happy.

People will still have to watch them if they want to decide whether I'm trolling or not.
Jan 21, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
Virtual_BS said:
Maegil said:
In any case, I do know most of them - may I call you a troll now?
If that's what makes you happy.

People will still have to watch them if they want to decide whether I'm trolling or not.

Actually, I know the majority of those and with a FEW exceptions, such as Lain, Darker than Black (season 1), Madoka, Last Exile and El Cazador de la Bruja, I would say it's a troll list.
Jan 22, 2013 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Angel's Egg (Tenshi no Tamago) needs to be added to the list.
I'm also in favor of Lain and Texhnolyze being added to the list as well.
removed-userJan 22, 2013 11:15 AM
Jan 22, 2013 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Tenshi no Tamago - I had never heard of it, but maybe I'll troll the Cogito Ergo Sum club with it and see what they say about it... yes, I'll do that!
*EDIT* Oops, it's already in their relations list. Silly me!... OK, I'll add it for now; if anyone is against it please say so.

As for the others: I dislike Lain (while realizing that apparently I'm the exception) and don't know Texhnolize, but will add them if I get one more indication.
MaegilJan 22, 2013 12:10 PM

I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Jan 22, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
Angel's Egg is a highly symbolic and artistic work. I am not surprised that Cogito Ergo Sum club have it in their relations.

EDIT:
I have nothing against Lain and Texhnolyze being added either, even though I didn't really enjoy the latter much.
metamorphiusJan 22, 2013 12:35 PM
Jan 24, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2011
I would say put Record of Lodoss War OVA on the enlightenment list. Not polling it for several reasons:
1. Most younger/newer anime fans probably haven't heard of it, which is one of the reasons it should be on the enlightenment list
2. It certainly doesn't belong on the relations list by any stretch- Not just saying this because I like it, but there is really no reason for it to be there
3. I don't think it would hurt to throw it on there.

As to why it SHOULD be on there:
1. It's a classic- THE classic fantasy anime. Every old school anime fan has at least heard the title.
2. It's the only anime that really captures Western style fantasy as we know it, as it was based on a Dungeons and Dragons campaign
3. Due to it's age and the fact that it hasn't been liscensed in the US in almost a decade (the companies that did own it here went bankrupt long ago), most people just haven't heard of it, which is too bad.
4.It's not a particularly amazing series, but it is a classic and I believe it is the series that coined the 'anime elf ears'- The very long, tapered ears you see on anime elves/demons.
5. It's the only anime that has dwarves. THE ONLY ONE.
6. Deedlit- No, seriously- If someone were to ask a room full of anime fans to name one elf from any anime, the majority of the answers would be "Deedlit". She is the quintessential anime elf.
7. One of the few anime to feature not just dragons, but Western dragons- And not just pictures or memories of them, but to have them physically there in the world. The only other one that comes to mind right away is Fairy Tail although I know there are a few more.
AmberlehJan 24, 2013 2:07 PM
Jan 24, 2013 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
I second the motion; it is both classic and quintessential - in many ways.

Jan 24, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Unlike many new anime fans, I started out with the "classics" and so I have seen the Record of Lodoss War OVA. Personally, I loved the dub and it most certainly beats the crap out of the current anime season in terms of characters and plot.

Question: Is The Twelve Kingdoms on the Enlightment list yet?

Also, has anyone else here seen Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still?
Jan 24, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
Neane1993 said:
Unlike many new anime fans, I started out with the "classics" and so I have seen the Record of Lodoss War OVA. Personally, I loved the dub and it most certainly beats the crap out of the current anime season in terms of characters and plot.

I second Twelve Kingdoms. I still need to finish that one.

I haven't seen any of the Giant Robot stuff but I would assume it belongs on the enlightenment list as I have heard of it many, many times over the years.
Jan 24, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
Neane1993 said:

Of course! How wouldn't it be?
It's listed as Juuni Kokuki.
Jan 24, 2013 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
Amberleh said:
Neane1993 said:

I haven't seen any of the Giant Robot stuff but I would assume it belongs on the enlightenment list as I have heard of it many, many times over the years.

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still is easily one of the best anime out there.

I will write down why this anime is great in the spoiler (About 4 months ago someone asked me if Giant Robo is good, I answered him and I copy-pasted that answer in the spoiler below.

There's no fanservice, no anime cliches, just great fun.
Jan 24, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2010
Gintama? That's too long for me.

I'm rather surprise that Colorful(Movie) is missing on the list.

This movie one of those slow paced story that defines the importance of life. This also won the following award.

>Excellent Animation of the Year at the 34th Japan Academy Prize and is nominated for Animation of the Year.
> Animation Film Award at the 65th Mainichi Film Awards.
> Audience Award and Special Distinction prize at the 2011 Annecy International Animated Film Festival.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorful_(film)
Jan 24, 2013 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
You forgot Boku no Pico.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 24, 2013 10:40 PM

Mar 2009
Had to stop in to tell you that plebeians is abbreviated as plebs, you plebs.
Jan 25, 2013 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
AlabastreAizo said:
Had to stop in to tell you that plebeians is abbreviated as plebs, you plebs.

"Plebe" is the term used for a trainee at a military academy. So, if one observes the use of the word in the light of the topic's title "Enlightenment Camp" being an allusion to a military camp (which, I think, is fairly obvious given the kind of speech Maegil uses in the first post), "plebe" can be regarded as the correct spelling of the term.
metamorphiusJan 25, 2013 4:43 AM
Jan 25, 2013 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
Thank you, metamorphius!

Now, back on topic:
For reasons mentioned above, I'm including Record of Lodoss War and Colorful(Movie). However, I won't just add Boku no Piko, for as seriously it may have been handled, I think it's still a title for a fringe audience; as always I'm open to discussion. Better yet, if you truly think it's that good, poll for its inclusion.
I'm also renaming Juuni Kokuki to Twelve Kingdoms, as it's better known in an English-speaking board.

By the way, Astro Boy and Mahou Tsukai Sally - keeping in mind their historical importance, are these titles also to be considered quintessential classics?
MaegilJan 25, 2013 5:38 AM

Jan 25, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
Maegil said:
Thank you, metamorphius!

Now, back on topic:
For reasons mentioned above, I'm including Record of Lodoss War and Colorful(Movie). However, I won't just add Boku no Piko, for as seriously it may have been handled, I think it's still a title for a fringe audience; as always I'm open to discussion. Better yet, if you truly think it's that good, poll for its inclusion.
I'm also renaming Juuni Kokuki to Twelve Kingdoms, as it's better known in an English-speaking board.

By the way, Astro Boy and Mahou Tsukai Sally - keeping in mind their historical importance, are these titles also to be considered quintessential classics?
-

Eeerrrrmm...

I'm 100% sure that the Boku no Pico thing was a joke. Kinda like how back in the day, La Blue Girl was a troll rec. Boku no Pico is just the new La Blue Girl, except Pico is actually offensive whereas La Blue Girl is just absurd. But uh, yeah, Boku no Pico is always a troll rec.

As far as Astro Boy goes, while it is a classic and should be revered as such, I seriously don't think that anyone should have to subject themselves to watching it. I tried once, it's honestly painful. I know it was the first anime, but holy crap. The animation... I mean you compare it to Disney cartoons of that period and there's just no comparison whatsoever. Then again, anime has always been more lax on the whole 'animation' part, despite that being what it's name is abreviated from.

I mean you could go ahead and put it on there anyway, but it would only be for namesake because I highly doubt anyone would actually go and watch it. They might start to but probably give up almost immediately.
Jan 25, 2013 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
I believe you are missing "Gurren Lagann" from your list of must see.
Jan 25, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
Battlechili1 said:
I believe you are missing "Gurren Lagann" from your list of must see.

Ah, yes. This.

And if anyone disagrees, I, the super elitist queen of analyzing and explaining deconstructions/reconstructions can explain why Gurren Lagaan is very good and actually has a LOT more to it in addition to also being entertaining enough to the average viewer who isn't looking for any sort of psychological insight.
Jan 25, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
Amberleh said:

I'm 100% sure that the Boku no Pico thing was a joke.

I too am certain it was a joke. Boku no Pico is a common troll recommendation on MAL.

Thumbs up for adding Colourful to the list.

I'd also suggest Hadashi no Gen (aka Barefoot Gen). It's similar to Grave of the fireflies in themes and equally hard to watch. But it's an essential viewing imo (and not only for anime fans) even though it's not a kind of anime one can enjoy. As Archaeon puts it in his review, it is "a movie to be experienced.[...] It is both a lesson and a warning for future generations of the true horror of nuclear and atomic weapons, and I urge everyone [...] to watch the movie."
Jan 25, 2013 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
I'll support TTGL.
It's not one of my favorites, but it's a hell of a lot better than most of the anime on the Top Anime list.
Jan 25, 2013 3:32 PM

Apr 2012
I just noticed the lack of Katanagatari in this list.

So I'll suggest Katanagatari.
Jan 25, 2013 3:36 PM

Jun 2012
TTGL is the only 100% action shounen show that I'd actually tell people to watch

it also was in the list of worthwhile anime
Jan 25, 2013 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
SSC_Exin said:
I just noticed the lack of Katanagatari in this list.

So I'll suggest Katanagatari.

I second the suggestion.
Jan 25, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
Neane1993 said:
Amberleh said:
Neane1993 said:

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still is easily one of the best anime out there.

I will write down why this anime is great in the spoiler (About 4 months ago someone asked me if Giant Robo is good, I answered him and I copy-pasted that answer in the spoiler below.

There's no fanservice, no anime cliches, just great fun.

I second Giant Robo: The Animation. It's amazing.
Jan 25, 2013 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has been added to the Enlightenment list after undisputed multiple recommendations. If anyone opposes, please open a poll for its removal.

Jan 25, 2013 4:10 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah Gurren Lagann is needed in the list. So does Katanagatari.

I believe that we should consider Uchuu Kyoudai on the list despite it still an ongoing anime. Well I just thought of that because the show so far proven itself to be worth following with its slow paced slice of life story.
Jan 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Aug 2009
mlcdl said:

I believe that we should consider Uchuu Kyoudai on the list despite it still an ongoing anime. Well I just thought of that because the show so far proven itself to be worth following with its slow paced slice of life story.

I second this notion. The slow pacing of the show is what actually makes it a strength and not a flaw or weakness. If anything, it's a breath of fresh air from recent slice of life animes I've seen, but it's probably because of the seinen demographic it appeals to. I don't know.

Also, Uchuu Kyoudai is one of the few shows that does moe right. That's got to count for something, right?

Jan 26, 2013 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
We should also add a manga/LN/Manhua/manwha enlightenment list.
Jan 26, 2013 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
I agree.
Jan 26, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2013
I've back-counted the suggestions, and, discounting the trolling ones and one that was delivered with qualifiers, are as follows:
Giant Robo 1
Grave of the fireflies 1
Hadashi no Gen (aka Barefoot Gen) 1
Katanagatari 2
Paranoia Agent (Mousou Dairinin) 1
Texhnolyze 2

Uchuu Kyoudai, and the concept of doing moe right sound very interesting, but since it's still airing it can still take a turn for worse, so I won't add it yet.

As for a manga enlightenment list: while I don't disagree, I'd rather if someone else could take care of it; for the last two years or so I've read very little manga, so I don't feel competent enough to be responsible for it.
MaegilJan 27, 2013 6:20 AM

Jan 26, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
Maegil said:

Uchuu Kyoudai, and the concept of doing moe right sound very interesting, but since it's still airing it can still take a turn for worse, so I won't add it yet.

Uchuu Kyoudai has got much more to offer than "moe done right". Yeah, sure, it can be moe at some moments (not to often) and I like those moments too (although I usually hate moe), but the real appeal of the show is the fact it's a realistic slice of life and an inspiring story that, for a change, involves adults. And it's got an excellent cast of characters.

As for adding it, yes, I'm definitely for that, but it wouldn't be bad to wait till it's finished, as Maegil said.
metamorphiusJan 26, 2013 7:29 AM
Jan 26, 2013 7:36 AM

Aug 2009
I'd be alright with waiting until it finishes airing. Wonder when it actually ends. Part of me kinda doesn't want it to though (or want it to keep going a little longer).
dietmangoJan 26, 2013 7:59 AM
Jan 26, 2013 7:45 AM

Aug 2009
dietmango said:
Wonder when actually end. Part of me kinda doesn't want it to though (or want it to keep going a little longer)

I'm wondering that as well. So far they've adapted 8 volumes of the manga and are currently on volume 9. Since the manga is still ongoing and is already on volume 19, the anime can still last for a considerable period of time.
The only thing I'm wary of is a potential premature end with an anime original ending. Hopefully, that won't happen and they'll keep following the manga for as long as there's material to adapt. So far, the anime's been a very faithful adaptation.
Jan 26, 2013 7:59 AM

Aug 2009
metamorphius said:
dietmango said:
Wonder when it actually ends. Part of me kinda doesn't want it to though (or want it to keep going a little longer)

I'm wondering that as well. So far they've adapted 8 volumes of the manga and are currently on volume 9. Since the manga is still ongoing and is already on volume 19, the anime can still last for a considerable period of time.
The only thing I'm wary of is a potential premature end with an anime original ending. Hopefully, that won't happen and they'll keep following the manga for as long as there's material to adapt. So far, the anime's been a very faithful adaptation.

Ah, cool. And it has been faithful (from some manga chapters I've read for comparison's sake), and really hoping it stays that way. I wonder how popular it is in some regions though. I could be wrong, but the anime wouldn't last this long if it didn't have some kind of following.
Jan 26, 2013 8:11 AM

Aug 2009
dietmango said:
I wonder how popular it is in some regions though.

I don't know about the anime, but the manga is quite popular in Japan and it sells well. If I remember correctly, it ranked high (top 5) in top-selling manga in 2012.
Also, the fact that the manga got a live action adaptation last year is another proof it's doing well, because, unlike with anime, live action movies are (as you would expect) more popular and appeal to a wider audience.
metamorphiusJan 26, 2013 8:14 AM
Jan 26, 2013 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
Well awesome then! I was starting to think anime like this wasn't relevant and the obvious ones are getting all the attention. Gets my hopes up a bit.
Jan 26, 2013 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Maegil said:

As for a manga enlightenment list: while I don't disagree, I'd rather if someone else could take care of it; for the last two years or so I've read very little manga, so I don't feel competent enough to be responsible for it.

I've been a manga-reader for some-time now and I think I can create a small manga enlightenment list:

Battle Angel Alita
Oyasumi Punpun
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Onani Master Kurosawa
AKIRA
Devilman
Solanin
Hiroki Endo's Tanpenshu
Nijigahara Holograph
Believers
Witches
BLAME!
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Jan 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
These are a few that come to mind, but I've kind of stopped collecting manga
ever since my HD suffered a catastrophe. Certainly there are more, but I haven't even tried to rate any manga here on MAL because it's been simply too long, and I'm afraid of mis-rating.

20th-21st Century Boys
Vagabond
Discommunication Seireihen
Futari Ecchi
Lone Wolf and Cub
Samurai Executioner
Change 123
Koi Kaze
Paralell
Planetes
Samurai Champloo
Termae Romae
Tista
Mx0
Hotel
Outlanders
Magic Knight Rayearth
xxxHOLIC
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Card Captor Sakura
Eden: It's an Endless World!
MaegilJan 26, 2013 5:10 PM

Jan 26, 2013 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE was a great and fun shonen manga for the first 15 volumes. For the next ten volumes, it became a trainwreck.

I don't really support it all that much. Anyone in favor of getting rid of that one and replacing it with X/1999? (Sad however that that manga never got finished.)
Jan 26, 2013 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Actually I had put Tsubasa, xxxHOLIC and CC Sakura together in a single folder called CLAMP multiverse omnibus, or something to that effect. Of the three, the only one that can hold as a standalone is CCS.
MaegilJan 26, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 26, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2011
Neane1993 said:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE was a great and fun shonen manga for the first 15 volumes. For the next ten volumes, it became a trainwreck.

I don't really support it all that much. Anyone in favor of getting rid of that one and replacing it with X/1999? (Sad however that that manga never got finished.)

I think I love you.

X/1999 is my favorite manga. Ever. Eveeeeerrrrrr.

I'm all for putting it in the relations. It really is a masterpiece, although incomplete. I have been waiting nearly 10 years for the next volume. D=

And Maegil, for the record, X/1999 is an entirely different series from xxxHolic. It blows all of their other works out of the water both in art and story.

Also, I'm not sure I agree with Koi Kaze being on there. I have a serious problem with romantacised pedophilia AND incest- Even if it's well done, I'm not sure I'd say it belongs on a list such as this as it's still pandering to fantasies. My boyfriend and I had a discussion about this today- When you present a couple like this and romantacise it, it normalizes it and makes it seem more acceptable. It doesn't matter if you present 'obstacles' in the story, that only adds to the romantic appeal of it.

@ Neane again- Fun fact: Tsubasa is at some point actually a deconstruction of Card Captor Sakura- Rather, of what is a very very popular anime couple (Sakura and Saoyran). I do agree though that it made no flipping sense anyway. I've noticed CLAMP isn't very good at ending things- They have great idea, and then at some point it's like "Uhhhh........ UHHHHHHHH... Now what?"

EXAMPLE: Go read WISH. Do it.
They can't write endings.
Jan 26, 2013 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
Well, Koi Kaze is one of my favorite romance anime/manga due to the fact that it performs the amazing feat of turning the taboo around and making it actually enhance the credibility of the romance.

And another good mangaka that can't write good endings is Naoki Urasawa.
His best work is Monster and the ending is somewhat flat IMO.

20th-21st Century Boys are somewhat good, but hella overrated.

Eden: It's an Endless World! is a masterpiece, a somewhat contrived masterpiece. But still a masterpiece.

Also, I've been recently reading this manga called SOIL.

IMO, it's better than anything that Naoki Urasawa could hope of writing.

Anyway, here is the proposed manga list at this point in time:

20th-21st Century Boys (Somewhat Good but hella overrated)
Buddha
Berserk
Vagabond
Lone Wolf and Cub
Bokurano
Planetes
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Battle Angel Alita
SOIL
Sanctuary
All JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Oyasumi Punpun
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Onani Master Kurosawa
AKIRA
Devilman
Solanin
Hiroki Endo's Tanpenshu
Nijigahara Holograph
Believers
Witches
BLAME!
Homunculus
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Hotel
X/1999
Eden: It's an Endless World!

Tista, Samurai Executioner, all CLAMP manga other than X, Samurai Champloo, Termae Romae, Futari Ecchi, Change 123, Outlanders, Koi Kaze, Paralell are out.
(These can be voted back in if people vote for them to be in.)

I have yet to read Discommunication Seireihen and Mx0, so they may be put in if people vote for them but they will stay out until then.

Any more and comments?

removed-userJan 27, 2013 12:45 AM
Jan 27, 2013 1:28 AM

Apr 2012
Mx0 was definitely entertaining but I don't think it should be added to the list because of how much bullshit it pulled after the tournament thing. There's also the hilariously rushed ending.

Should Historie be added to the list?
BloodRequiemJan 27, 2013 1:32 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 27, 2013 2:40 AM

Jan 2013
Judging from Gonzo's "anime retelling", Thermae Romae is quirkily funny but with ridiculous production values and a lot of pop culture allusions - and that's it.
The manga, however is another matter entirely - it has good art, it's well researched, and it treats its subject seriously. Just so that you know, Thermae Romae won the third Manga Taishō and the Short Story Award at the 14th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize, and I should press again for its inclusion.

Discommunication - Spirit World, while looking and felling childish, is a mindfuck manga with mindfuck('d?) visuals. Whether it is Enlightening or not, that's too subjective: I liked it, but you might get motion sickness (yes, I'm talking about the manga) with the first page alone, vomit, and try to wipe it up with the computer screen.

I had included Outlanders because it has representative value: archetypal characters in an archetypal plot, with an archetypal outcome - but all very well handled (IMO). Again, forget the anime.

@Amberleh: While I won't press for Koi Kaze, there's something that's begging to be asked: what you wrote above is the outcome of the discussion or your arguments alone? In the latter case, what was the veredict?

@Neane1993: I think it might be better to open a new thread for the enlightening manga, to both distinguish the manga and anime versions (which can be extremely different) and facilitate counting the suggestions.
MaegilJan 27, 2013 6:03 AM

Jan 27, 2013 3:35 AM

Apr 2012
Maegil said:
I think it might be better to open a new thread for the enlightening manga, to both distinguish the manga and anime versions (which can be extremely different) and facilitate counting the suggestions.

I agree, it might get a bit congested if we recommend and discuss both anime and manga in this one thread. Spreading them out seems like the wiser choice.

It's time I read some of the stuff that's suggested here.
Jan 29, 2013 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
Back on topic.

Kuragehime - I'm thinking of suggesting this title, but I can't decide to which list... While at the same time it seems to be a good deconstruction of the otaku-themed anime, I'm having some trouble with it (the least of which is whether it is moe or not). The sound is mediocre, as is the art; the animation is second-rate, and possibly the most interesting character (or the most scene-stealing one) is a transvestite... all this, with a final score of 8.35.
I might as well poll for it.

Doggy poo - I noticed this one on the latest recommendations section of the user panel. Has anyone seen it?
MaegilJan 29, 2013 7:36 AM

Jan 29, 2013 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
I actually just saw Doggy poo because of that recommendation.

For a movie about a piece of Doggy poo, it was rather cute and sad.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (73) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.