Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2013 3:15 AM
Apr 2012
Haven't been up to date with the news but will they make more movies or series and animate the rest of the manga?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2008
NO. OVA please, I want Hellsing Ultimate quality animations, I don't care at what rate they should release new episodes but god these movies were a total dissapontment.
Jan 25, 2013 12:21 AM

Jun 2010
I thought it was said somewhere that they will continue the rest with movies.

Anyways, I would also prefer OVA.
Jan 29, 2013 11:07 AM

Dec 2007
As far as I know they never specified what the format of the remaining material will be in. But seeing as they said the "Berserk Saga Project" will last ten or more years total, my guess is that they will be OVA releases similar to Hellsing Ultimate.
Feb 1, 2013 9:00 AM

Jan 2008
Hopefully done by another studio. The current one dropped the ball...badly.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 2, 2013 12:27 AM
May 2007
The third movie was done very well and a great improvement, but far from perfect. I have watched all the movies in theaters so far and I enjoy watching anime in the theaters since I don't watch it on TV or DVD anymore so it is a nice experience. So I would like to see it continued as a movie series. All I want is the old voice actors back and Susumu Hirakawa to do the ENTIRE soundtrack. And get Michael Bell to voice Guts in the English version again.
Feb 3, 2013 3:07 AM

Jun 2011
At the press conference on Saturday for the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin (Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent) movie's opening the previous day, director Toshiyuki Kubooka indicated that there is more in the works for Berserk beyond the current film trilogy. He told the audience,

We're currently moving to make [Berserk] a saga project. But this is as much as I can say. It's a secret. It's really not at the stage I can say anything about it, but the project is in motion.

Actors Hiroaki Iwanaga (Guts), Takahiro Sakurai (Griffith), Toa Yukinari (Casca), and Kenta Miyake (Zodd) also attended the event, along with theme song director Susumu Hirasawa.

Source: www.animenewsnetwork.com
Feb 3, 2013 6:21 AM

Apr 2008
Miura wake up. He needs to put in their place and tell how to make a good adaptation. If I were him, I would not be happy. Already this is a massacre for the first two movies

OVA please and we need better animation.
Feb 3, 2013 11:34 PM
May 2007
I think there will be progress. Granted nothing is ever perfect, but at this point, I am at a take what you can get. I hope this doesn't become the next Shenmue where it is stuck in limbo.
Feb 7, 2013 2:50 AM

Sep 2011
I agree with the majority. An OVA adaption with Hellsing Ultimate animation is ideal.
Feb 13, 2013 4:02 PM

Aug 2010
A surprising amount of complaints for these movies. I thought they were fine. Granted, I skipped the crappy tv series and had only read the manga. I would say these movies capture the feelings of the manga really well (while cutting out some good parts, but I'll live).

I'm enthralled to hear about more Berserk after 3.
Feb 14, 2013 3:03 AM
May 2007
Well, when it comes to adapting manga....10 out of 10 times, the manga is ALWAYS better anyways
Feb 15, 2013 8:32 AM
Jan 2013
ovoon7 said:
A surprising amount of complaints for these movies. I thought they were fine. Granted, I skipped the crappy tv series and had only read the manga. I would say these movies capture the feelings of the manga really well (while cutting out some good parts, but I'll live).

> Thinks the movies were fine
> Crappy tv series

wat
Feb 23, 2013 4:36 AM

Nov 2012
Yes i think they definitely will. because... go watch opening song, there are chara from next and next arc such as puck,serpico,farnese and isdoro.
10 years? Dont care i will watch as long as im alive :p

But will the manga itself will end in 10 years?, it have so much filler enemy arc and have already running for 23 years -_-
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 24, 2013 8:00 AM

Oct 2010
If OVA means quicker releases and better animation then I'm in for it but I don't think the movies are bad. Some of the animation seems laggy and the 3D models look "gamey" but it results in some awesome fighting scenes!
Mar 1, 2013 11:13 PM

Jan 2008
ovoon7 said:

The TV series is actually way better. The battle scenes aren't fully animated like the movies, but the artwork is way better. It's not as dark and gritty as the manga, but it's close and does a great service. The soundtrack and voice acting are both amazing and while they cut out the parts that allude to the post eclipse story, it's more faithful to the manga.

It simply does a better job of capturing the feel of the story. I loved it and watched it again a few months ago.

And I dunno, I don't mind the movies because some of the fight scenes look sick, but as a whole it feels like a 2nd rate project. Watching them, I sometimes forget how good Berserk actually is. I don't know if they can save it, seeing as the Golden Age is arguably the best arc and the cut it up pretty bad.

Mar 3, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2012
I can see why people are complaining about these movies. The fight scene animation were kinda awkward. Although i never watched the television series, i do read the manga so i wasn't really that disappointed with the direction the films went. I've already know what happens in the story ... so I'm just watching these films to pass the time. Overall i think they were pretty entertaining since i don't re-read chapters it was nice quick way of refreshing my memory of the Golden Age Arc.
Mar 11, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
Kuro_no_Kenshi said:
I can see why people are complaining about these movies. The fight scene animation were kinda awkward. Although i never watched the television series, i do read the manga so i wasn't really that disappointed with the direction the films went. I've already know what happens in the story ... so I'm just watching these films to pass the time. Overall i think they were pretty entertaining since i don't re-read chapters it was nice quick way of refreshing my memory of the Golden Age Arc.

What bothered me about the movies wasn't so much the animation or the CGI. What really pissed me off was the utter lack of care they took in properly adapting the manga. They literally skipped huge pieces of guts past, I mean you get no substance from just watching the films. If you went in to watch them without knowing what berserk was about you would come out totally confused and you wouldn't be able to appreciate the characters as much. Also the fact that they left out all the royal court scheming and betrayal really ruined it for me as well. The t.v. series at least did a great job of hinting at Griffiths true nature. As he manipulated the nobles to scheme against one another.

In my opinion the movies basically skimmed the surface of the Golden Age Arc, its like they made them just for the gratuitous blood, gore, and sex. They didn't go deeper into what makes Berserk such a great series.
Mar 12, 2013 11:03 AM
May 2007
The original TV series does not do a great job of adapting the manga but the TV series had the perfect voice cast. The voice cast in the movies aren't in the same league as the old ones. I am not fond of the dub either, but the Dreamcast dub was perfect as well.
Mar 14, 2013 6:03 AM
Oct 2010
That's the issue with making them movies in the first place. 6-7 1 hour OVAs would have been better. It was a complete sham that the first movie was an hour long.... infact if both movies were two hours each I think that would have greatly enhanced the quality.
Mar 15, 2013 4:38 AM

Jul 2009
I would like OVA because of the quicker release, the movies that a lot to be out. Also, they can make more OVAs, it's hard already waiting for the manga, now the third movie will just be out in dvd in july or so.
Apr 6, 2013 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
If they do make OVAs which I really hope they do and not movies. Then I hope a studio like Madhouse or Production I.G. gets it. I don't think these guys have done a good job. I mean if they movies are anything to go by as to what they consider "quality" then what the hell should we expect for OVAs.
Apr 15, 2013 10:47 AM
Jan 2013
RomanceDawn said:
If they do make OVAs which I really hope they do and not movies. Then I hope a studio like Madhouse or Production I.G. gets it. I don't think these guys have done a good job. I mean if they movies are anything to go by as to what they consider "quality" then what the hell should we expect for OVAs.

Is it possible to have studios changed like that?
Sounds to good to happen. I want to see Guts use Berserk armor while Murder plays in the background. That would be extremely epic and the most badass scene ever made of anything.
May 6, 2013 4:14 AM
Oct 2010
i agree with the rest who want an ova instead, the movies sucked for various reasons, was rushed, many scenes that triggered character reasoning and development were cut out, bad character design, AWFULL CGI animation for most of the fighting, the list goes on and on, they didn't do justice to the manga, AT ALL.
May 10, 2013 8:52 PM
May 2007
Anime is a glorified commercial for most of the manga source material anyway. Movie or as an OAV makes no difference to me. i prefer movies because I enjoyed watching the movies on a theater screen like I said before. I thought the 3rd movie looked decent on the big screen, especially the eclipse.
May 14, 2013 9:14 AM

Mar 2011
No more movies pls, everything is screwed with ugly chara design and with massive CGI.
Prefer OVA but from another studio.
May 15, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
Icebreaker93 said:
No more movies pls, everything is screwed with ugly chara design and with massive CGI.
Prefer OVA but from another studio.

I strongly disagree. Both original anime and movies are different but I like them both.

When in Czech Republic this saturday on screening event of third movie Kobuooka said that they have some plans for the future of Berserk movies but that they cannot reveal anything just yet. So I guess it all depends on theatres box office and how blu-rays would sell in June.

But I bet they will continue with story hinted at the end of the third part.
May 20, 2013 4:59 AM
Dec 2012
Haaa, I've been wanting to get into this for a long time... I've watched the first movie and it was decent imho, but hearing a lot of complaint from manga reader, I'm afraid to watch the other movies since it would give a bad impression to me and the first impression is real important to me :/

I hope some studio like Production I.G would take over and redeem the series by following the manga closely or even expand on it to make it better just like they did with SnK (up to ep7, for now, is pretty truthful or even better than the manga version)
May 20, 2013 5:22 AM

Oct 2008
Raigrex said:
Haaa, I've been wanting to get into this for a long time... I've watched the first movie and it was decent imho, but hearing a lot of complaint from manga reader, I'm afraid to watch the other movies since it would give a bad impression to me and the first impression is real important to me :/

If you read the manga you'd know they've skipped about 70% of the story in these movies (and this only from the first arc).
Why don't watch the tv series? and if you like it, read the manga. the tv series skipped a lot too, (and it also only adabted the first arc) but it skipped less than these movies.
May 20, 2013 5:28 AM
Dec 2012
HATUL300 said:
Raigrex said:

If you read the manga you'd know they've skipped about 70% of the story in these movies (and this only from the first arc).
Why don't watch the tv series? and if you like it, read the manga. the tv series skipped a lot too, (and it also only adabted the first arc) but it skipped less than these movies.
Hm, I prefer the new anime with all these animations nowadays... But I'll consider reading the manga, is the plot still strong or going downhill in recent chapters?
May 20, 2013 5:41 AM

Oct 2008
Oh you're one of those people? Well, whatever, it's your loss. The tv series made a very good first impression on me, regardless of what year it came out.
As for the manga.. I wouldn't say it's going down hill, but it seems to be progressing slowly and that's a problem because the mangaka takes huge breaks in between chapters.
May 20, 2013 6:02 AM
Dec 2012
Haha, I wouldn't say modern anime are better than the old ones or anything like that, for me, it's all about how they pull it off, the plot etc...but when I can have everything to be better, of course I prefer the new ones : D Thanks for replying!
May 20, 2013 6:13 AM

Oct 2008

NP.
I'll just add that the 90's are pretty much the golden age of anime imo. And if animation isn't that important to you after all, then you should at least watch classics like Bebop, Evangelion, Berserk, Lain, GITS, etc'. Some of these have animation that is not dated at all, btw. It's just that you're missing out on a lot is all..
May 20, 2013 6:17 AM
Dec 2012
HATUL300 said:

NP.
I'll just add that the 90's are pretty much the golden age of anime imo. And if animation isn't that important to you after all, then you should at least watch classics like Bebop, Evangelion, Berserk, Lain, GITS, etc'. Some of these have animation that is not dated at all, btw. It's just that you're missing out on a lot is all..
Yeah, I've watched both Evangelion tv series and rebuild version and I'll try looking into the others as I've heard many good things about them.
Jun 7, 2013 9:52 AM

Mar 2012
Couldn't care less for all the hate for the movies. But I love anything adapted from Berserk. VA and OST from the tv series were amazing. Battle Scenes from the movies are amazing (daunting even, Guts 100 man slaughter).

OVA or a 4th film, just please continue, I stopped the manga after the Golden Age arc on purpose a couple years ago. I knew if I waited long enough an adaptation would come around. Good things come. Even if it's a cgi film again, you know you're all going to watch it.
Jun 7, 2013 10:02 AM
Sep 2012
I want a 4th movie too, I should have known better than to trust the shitty taste of MAL,

Fate/Zero gives you cheesy ass CGI for one character and make everything look awkward and it's all fine, but have Berserk use some to make some of the most fluid fights ever and everyone loses their minds.

Plus, the composer is Sagisu so yeah.
Jun 30, 2013 2:11 AM

Mar 2012
ovoon7 said:

How can you say the tv series was crappy if you didn't even watch it? I just finished watching it and while it wasn't perfect it was pretty dam good in my opinion, especially for an "old" series.
Jun 30, 2013 6:56 AM
Jan 2011
ovoon7 said:

TV series was better then these movies and covered a lot more. Was disappointing the 3rd movie left out the part where Rickert goes to the camp to recruit more men and they get slaughtered by monsters. Was a pretty shocking scene before the eclipse.
Jul 2, 2013 2:05 PM

May 2009
Though the Berserk manga is drwan great, nobody read it for the artwork. Its the story, characters and world that got poeple hooked, and thas why the movies disappoint so many. The story behind Griffith and the Doldrey guy was one of the greatest points in Griffiths character development, and the choose to hint at it in a way which no one who dodnt read the manga or watched the TV series would get,. Large chuncks of Guts backstory were removed and, IMO the worst offender, everything that happened with the Queen of Midland. Those were such strong scenes in the story, and nice pictures and pretty music are not a fair trade-off.

I feel bad for all the kids who didnt grew up with bad graphics and visuals and therefore cant watch them now. Its really a shame that production studios nowadays spend all their time and money deliveing eye candy but cut corenes on plot, personality and message.
Jul 3, 2013 10:51 PM

Nov 2011
Uh, I'm hoping they will do a 4th movie. From what I've heard, they only adapted about 100 or so chapters from the manga.
Jul 8, 2013 5:16 AM

Oct 2008
Stark700 said:
Uh, I'm hoping they will do a 4th movie. From what I've heard, they only adapted about 100 or so chapters from the manga.

The Golden Age arc was only volume 4 through 13 and is kind of a setup to the big story. The next arc is the conviction arc (which runs from 14 through 21) and that's where the sick shit really starts. They could easily make another 3 movies out of that, though i would prefer OVAs because we can download and watch those earlier.
Jul 10, 2013 12:25 PM
Feb 2013
I really hope they do the Black Swordsman Arc next. But from what I've heard, it sounds like they might be skipping it for some reason...

Even Miura said the obvious choice would be to do the Black Swordsman Arc next. I can't find the article where I read that though. X(
Jul 11, 2013 5:30 AM

Oct 2008
The Black Swordsman arc is required for puck to be added to the cast. Also, the Black Swordsman arc is rather short compared to the other arcs, so they should be able to do it in one movie/OVA.
Jul 15, 2013 9:15 PM
Feb 2011
I am guessing there has not been any new info on when/if a 4th movie will be made?
Jul 20, 2013 12:27 PM

Nov 2007
For fans of the manga or the original TV series, this movie trilogy can be neat fanservice with some cool scenes, but I think out of the 3 choices the movie trilogy is the only one I wouldn't recommend to someone not familiar with the franchise. I couldn't imagine caring for any of the characters with the development movies gave them, I only cared since I knew them well before they were even introduced. I wouldn't put all the blame on studio 4c on this since there was a lot of material they had cover in 3 movies, but sadly there's no mercy win rule.

For the future of this "saga" I can only hope that they take a good look of the big picture and make some changes. Namely changing the format to TV or OVA series and work the pacing. Also I feel 3D has it's moments and some action scenes are mindblowing, but the clean look is hurting the spirit of the original. The painstakingly detailed art in the manga made the atmosphere heavy and movement had a lot of weight, in 3D everything moves a bit too smoothly and everything seems bizarrely clean.

Anyway, cool movie for fans. I hope that we'll get cool stuff for everyone else as well in the future of this project.
Jul 20, 2013 4:06 PM

Oct 2010
I liked the movies but I would love to see an OVA or TV series as well. Seeing as Shingeki no Kyojin is a big hit now it suprises me producers don't make more seinen series with good animation and gore.
Jul 21, 2013 11:50 AM

Dec 2006
Words couldn't describe at how fucking pissed I'd be if they stopped around the same part the series did years ago . . .With that said, I really want to see another studio do the rest lol I just wasn't that impressed, though it did progressively get better since the 1st movie.
リスト 。。

Jul 23, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2007
Does the CGI crap in this make anyone else want to puke and feel like it ruins it. God the series was so much better
Jul 23, 2013 10:34 PM
Mar 2012
I'm not sure how anyone can like the series and the manga but dislike the movies. Are they perfect? No. But they do a much better job capturing the gritty, brutal, dark feel of the manga that, in the anime, was simply hyper violence. Now don't get me wrong, I really like the series, but in the series no attempt was made to adapt the manga, they simply used the story-line.

I for one can't wait for more movies, ova, or series, and I hope that now they are past the anime covered arc they follow the manga more thoroughly. Honestly though, I just want to see the battle against <spoiler> the sea god </spoiler> =)
Jul 27, 2013 7:07 PM

Dec 2012
The third movie was fucking fantastic. Beautiful animation, don't know what everyone else is talking about. A few of the CGI scenes aren't the best, but they certainly weren't the worst things in the world. I'm hoping that the same studio continues with the movies.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Ougon Jidaihen III: Kourin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Mich666 - May 12, 2013

210 by BorednSpicy »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:50 PM

» Guts and Jaime Lannister

Deeboy - Dec 10, 2018

2 by Dannyr22 »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:17 AM

» Berserk Ougon Jidai-hen III kourin l what chapters are in the movie?

NAYANAYANAYA - Mar 14, 2023

1 by AndroidLB »»
Mar 14, 2023 10:35 AM

» Why so much hate for the berserk movies ?

EndritVA - May 14, 2014

19 by DriveTG »»
Jul 28, 2022 12:33 PM

» I know why this movie exists

WhyIsGutsSoAweso - May 15, 2021

7 by WhyIsGutsSoAweso »»
May 16, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.