Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2013 4:21 PM

Feb 2010
This post is one of our Achievements and contests topics.

Theme: Shouta-azuma (anime list)

What list best encompassed the theme of a particular anime or other setting? Judges overwhelmingly preferred Shouta-azuma's Pyscho Pass themed list for this category where not only the background but each color, button, pointer, font, and most importantly the interaction of the category menu and cursor feel ripped right from the show! You'll have to try it out to get the full of it. Lirina's manga list entry won second because feels like the day after a game in the series and Xyphos list matches its background with metallic fonts and menus!

Runner-ups:
Lirina (manga list)

Xyphos (anime list)

Imagery: Drepolio (anime list)

The list chosen for the best images choice and quality for this contest is Drepolio's with the awesome scrolling banner and hovering hidden chibis! They have a high quality and all look great. Judges also liked Shouta-azuma's futuristic imagery choices and Lirina's amazing translucent foreground images, balloon logos and list background, and cute chibi menu bar pics.

Runner-ups:
Shouta-azuma (anime list)

Lirina (manga list)

Color: Lirina (manga list)

Color is a very difficult thing to get right on a list, but pays off! Lirina's manga list was chosen as the design a beautiful rainbow of colors. I can say it is the most beautifully colored lists I have ever seen. The font and pic colors both mesh perfectly to make this one of those most colorful and startling lists ever! Hahaido receives second with the girly pink color mesh on his manga list, and Drepolio third with soft green colors that make everything easy to read.

Runner-ups:
Hahaido (manga list)

Drepolio (anime list)

Usability: Daxhim (manga list)

Usability is how browser/computer-friendly a list is and also how easy it is to use and add series from. This is really hard to manage as you keep adding more images and using more complicated codes that don't work in all browsers equally. Judges preferred Daxhim's list manga best for this category, as it features cover pics and beatiful imagery while also loading easily and being easy to navigate! They also liked how Shota and Lirin'a list were similarly easy to use with features such as fixed menus and convenient reviews!

Runner-ups:
Shouta-azuma (anime list)

Lirina (manga list)

Innovation: Hahaido (manga list)

What designs had really unique and original coding ideas never seen before? By a hair, designers picked Hahaido's manga list for its horizontally scrolling idea- its the first of its kind! It was a concept talked about since my club opened and he finally pulled if off for a unique and now popular way to view your list. Drepolio's list is also very original with a completely original look which includes a specific chibi hardcoded into each individual title based on their score (another new idea) and using CSS3 animation for the memorable scrolling banner. Judges also likes Daxhim's unique approach to setting up his layout as no others before (simple but cool!).

Runner-ups:
Drepolio (anime list)

Daxhim (manga list)

Top Ten List Designs overall
Judges (layout designers) awarded points to layouts for each category. Congratulations to Shouta-azuma, his popular Pyscho Pass themed layout wins the Best Overall portion of this year's contest, scoring well in every category and gaining the most overall!

1. Shouta-azuma (anime) 50pts

2. Lirina (manga) 49pts

3. Dperolio (anime) 44pts

4. Hahaido (manga) 34pts

5. Daxhim (manga) 33pts

6. Lirina (anime) 18pts

7. Xyphos (anime) 16pts

8. Sylankent (anime) 15pts

9. Hahaido (anime) 10pts

10. TheHolyPotato (anime) 10pts

Best Coder: Hahaido
For this category I wanted judges (layout designers) to also choose the entrants (based on their layouts entered) who had the best coding skills overall. Hahaido recieved the most votes and its no surprise as both his layouts entered have extremely clean coding (most people's CSS is sloppy) use a variety of cool tricks and advanced CSS, and even organizes his codes so they're understandable by all users. For the record I have also never seen Hahaido ask for help on his designs, he did it all on his own and definitely deserves this award for his hard work! Judges also liked Drepolio's brilliant and complicated CSS and B1o's coding of the row highlight and cover pics, which has actually become extremely popular and is the new standard for cover pic and row hover style in this club.

Runner-ups:
Dperolio
b1o2r3i4s5

Member's Favorite Anime & Manga List Designs:

Dperolio (anime list)

Lirina (manga list)

Forget the judges- what designs did all the club members like best this time around? They chose Drepolio's amazing original design (anime), and Lirina's colorful Ginge no Kickoff layout (manga)!

Best overall Designer: Lirina
Lirina's two list layouts and Member's Favorite win got her the most points combined, making her the overall highest awarded designer of this year's contest!

Shishio's random extra awards
Why not? Here's some categories - worth no points towards Best Overall btw- I personally chose that do not matter to anything the above, but I would to post here!

Sexiest list- TheHolyPotato
Loved Hahaido's giant pic of Kuriko but.. DAT SENA. My lists always emphasize sexy girls and environments so of course this was one of my faves.

Best Newcomer- Dperolio
Expecting further great things from him! Really impressed how he made his layout from a Photoshop-made design posted a while ago.

Best effort- Monsterguy
I was blown away by how this guy leveled up his skills from a beginner to a now great designer contributing to his work I greatly admired the passion and work he put into his list. He made a really really good manga list design too, which was one of my personal favorites. I hope for more great things from him too, especially since hes the only person who told me he is inspired by games for layouts too, as I am!

Praise? Complaints? If you have congratulatory comments or anything else nice to say about the winners, feel free to post it in this topic, but any complaints or negative comments about entrants or the contest should be posted to my profile page. People worked very hard on their designs and I won't tolerate members raining on any winner's parade here. Entrants didn't post their layouts for specific criticism, it was in fun competition! Thanks to all who entered! Next time, I will enter with you so bring your best again!
Shishio-kunMar 17, 2016 10:46 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2013 12:20 AM

Jan 2012
Anime and Manga lists for entering the contest:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hahaido
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Hahaido

P. S. should I put the preview?
Jan 21, 2013 6:37 AM

Nov 2010
Hmmm... Interesting.
Might as well give it a shot :)

I'm sticking with my simple design principals, prioritizing useability.
(More complex lists tends to lag horribly on my macbook pro :P )

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/b1o2r3i4s5

Pic (showing hover):
Jan 21, 2013 9:59 AM
Feb 2008
I will duel with these lists: Anime and Manga.

Please be so kind and watch my lists with Firefox as I'm still working to make them look good in Chrome. Also, I'm still working on my animelist which most likely won't be finished until the deadline.

LirinaMar 2, 2013 3:35 AM
Jan 21, 2013 11:22 AM

Feb 2010
Yay three entrants already! You don't need to have the lists ready yet until the deadline. You can post a screenshot but I will take the screenshot in Firefox at the deadline, so don't worry about that! You have a whole 5 weeks to think about additions or maybe even a new design altogether...
Jan 26, 2013 2:23 AM

Apr 2012
Woha, new contest... I'm not sure if I could enter this time, I have a lot of work and not free time to code :(
Jan 26, 2013 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
I participate with my Mangalist : http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/DaxHim
I speak the google translate English so please excuse me.
Jan 28, 2013 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
Man... I would join but theres no way I can compete with these people :/
Jan 28, 2013 10:33 PM

Feb 2011
I would like to register. Working on my first list design now. It probably isn't going to be the kind most people on this site like though, but whatever. XD

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/dperolio
Jan 29, 2013 12:25 AM

Feb 2010
TheHolyPotato said:

Well first of all you can enter for just fun, to see your best work atm linked forever from the front page! Based on Imgur hits the 2012 contest topic is the third most viewed topic in this group actually.

Second, you (and anyone for that matter) can compete with all of us here and can win! Remember: the club members vote for the winner based on how much they like their design, not their coding skill or popularity. And last time they picked a design by someone unknown within the group whom I actually invited cuz I liked her design! She wasn't even planning to enter and she beat all of us- you have a whole month to think about and implement it, and all the tools are available in this group. So all you have to do us just try to come up with something that you'd think people would like a lot, like she had. Something pretty and appealing is a good start.. unique and clever design helps a lot too. Also there are going to be extra categories so other aspects of design get recognized.

"Believe in the me that believes in you"... TTGL lol
Jan 29, 2013 2:14 PM

May 2012
hm.. think gonna enter with my anime layout too xD
also gonna edit a little bit in some time....
there are some bugs but well... just 4 fun :D

Hahaido said:
Anime and Manga lists for entering the contest:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hahaido
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Hahaido

P. S. should I put the preview?

Really wonder where ppl like Hahaido get these pics (anime wallpaper pic). btw fell in love with that layout oO. Really awesome and never seen it before... self drawn pic? :D Seems legit

Shishio-kun said:

haha nice spot to add
Jan 29, 2013 4:40 PM

Oct 2012
Ah I guess its worth a shot :) It's really simple though :P
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TheHolyPotato
...But I can already tell Hahaido's gonna win that looks freaking amazing! I'd love to just watch you creating these masterpieces. Is there a certain something you like to go off of? Like what gets you started?
TheHolyPotatoFeb 8, 2013 11:35 AM
Jan 30, 2013 12:30 AM

Jan 2012
SylakentH_ said:

Really wonder where ppl like Hahaido get these pics (anime wallpaper pic). btw fell in love with that layout oO. Really awesome and never seen it before... self drawn pic? :D Seems legit

That are not my pics. Usually I get backgrounds and renders for my layouts from http://anime-pictures.net/?lang=en and http://www.deviantart.com. Also cool backgrounds can be found at http://www.colourlovers.com/patterns. But some pics were drawn by me
TheHolyPotato said:
But I can already tell Hahaido's gonna win that looks freaking amazing! I'd love to just watch you creating these masterpieces. Is there a certain something you like to go off of? Like what gets you started?

Thank you! Not long ago I was a noob in CSS
Jan 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2012
Ok so let's have some fun : I'll enter the contest with my redesign of an anime list posted in this club, but i think i made enough changes.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KlinsK
I know I have no chance to win, faces CSS god like you, anyway anyone can participate so let's see ^^'

PS : English is not my first language, forgive me for any mistakes, i do my best to be understandable :)
Feb 5, 2013 1:44 AM

Feb 2011
Is the contest only going to include a screenshot btw? Because you can't feel get the full grasp of a list design until you see it live.
Feb 5, 2013 2:01 AM
Feb 2008
dperolio said:
Is the contest only going to include a screenshot btw? Because you can't feel get the full grasp of a list design until you see it live.

You can still just go to the user profile and watch the list normally. But I think they will also be linked directly to this topic.
Feb 5, 2013 3:46 AM

Sep 2008
Still working on my list design. *sigh*
Feb 5, 2013 4:54 AM

Feb 2011
ShoutaAzuma said:
Still working on my list design. *sigh*

Same. Nearly done though, thank God. I couldn't do some things I wanted to, but I'm still happy with the result.

Then after that I have to write 1000 short "reviews" and score them all.

T_T
Feb 6, 2013 5:27 AM

Nov 2010
Shishio-kun said:
TheHolyPotato said:

Well first of all you can enter for just fun, to see your best work atm linked forever from the front page! Based on Imgur hits the 2012 contest topic is the third most viewed topic in this group actually.

Second, you (and anyone for that matter) can compete with all of us here and can win! Remember: the club members vote for the winner based on how much they like their design, not their coding skill or popularity. And last time they picked a design by someone unknown within the group whom I actually invited cuz I liked her design! She wasn't even planning to enter and she beat all of us- you have a whole month to think about and implement it, and all the tools are available in this group. So all you have to do us just try to come up with something that you'd think people would like a lot, like she had. Something pretty and appealing is a good start.. unique and clever design helps a lot too. Also there are going to be extra categories so other aspects of design get recognized.

This. I'm participating just for fun too :)

Design skills are way more important than coding.
I'm a perfect example of someone who can code nearly anything but not design........

lol @ TTGL quote :D
Feb 7, 2013 4:17 AM

Sep 2008
Here's my list. I've done what I can. This is my first time designing it and participating this contest. Wafu!!!
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShoutaAzuma

Might need to change that pointer if its not too convenient.
Feb 7, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2012
b1o2r3i4s5 said:
Hmmm... Interesting.
Might as well give it a shot :)

I'm sticking with my simple design principals, prioritizing useability.
(More complex lists tends to lag horribly on my macbook pro :P )

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/b1o2r3i4s5

Pic (showing hover):

I really like this one, but what's wrong with the 'more'? I didn't see in your code what display it ! :'(
Feb 7, 2013 9:57 AM

Feb 2011
ShoutaAzuma said:
Here's my list. I've done what I can. This is my first time designing it and participating this contest. Wafu!!!
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShoutaAzuma

Might need to change that pointer if its not too convenient.

Looks good Shouta.

@KlinsK: I think most people using cover art don't have a working more button. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work with my layout so I just decided to get rid of the button altogether, it's not like I've ever used the more button on a list anyway. :p
Feb 7, 2013 10:18 AM

Aug 2012
dperolio said:

@KlinsK: I think most people using cover art don't have a working more button. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work with my layout so I just decided to get rid of the button altogether, it's not like I've ever used the more button on a list anyway. :p

You're right, but mine works haha !! *feel strong* :D
Feb 7, 2013 10:28 AM

Feb 2011
KlinsK said:
dperolio said:

Yours doesn't have cover art displayed. ._.

Nice list btw.
Feb 7, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2012
dperolio said:
KlinsK said:
dperolio said:

Yours doesn't have cover art displayed. ._.

Nice list btw.

Ah sorry I read so fast that i didn't understand well xD
My English have some lacks :/
Feb 7, 2013 6:19 PM

Feb 2010
dperolio said:

Yeah last time I linked voters to the list and also provided a Firefox screenshot. People can provide their own screenshots too, if they want. I'll make it more grid style this time but larger previews than on the premade layout topic.
Feb 7, 2013 9:56 PM

Feb 2010
Due to site lag issues, and possible unforseen problems that might happen trying to fix it, I'd like to extend deadline by about a week to March 5th. Hopefully it will make up for any sorta MAL inconveniences.
Feb 8, 2013 5:00 AM

Oct 2012
Shishio-kun said:
dperolio said:

Yeah last time I linked voters to the list and also provided a Firefox screenshot. People can provide their own screenshots too, if they want. I'll make it more grid style this time but larger previews than on the premade layout topic.

How big exactly do you want them to be? I'll post mine but if its too big then I'll downsize it, I want my own because I photoshopped in my cursor since it dissapears on screenshot :P
Feb 8, 2013 5:20 AM

Jan 2012
TheHolyPotato said:
I want my own because I photoshopped in my cursor since it dissapears on screenshot :P

Your custom cursor will be a surprise to your viewers. There must be some air of mystery in the list...
Feb 8, 2013 6:06 AM

Feb 2011
Shishio-kun said:
dperolio said:

Yeah, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure you weren't just doing a screenshot and not linking to the list. :p
Feb 8, 2013 4:42 PM

Feb 2010
TheHolyPotato said:
Shishio-kun said:
dperolio said:

How big exactly do you want them to be? I'll post mine but if its too big then I'll downsize it, I want my own because I photoshopped in my cursor since it dissapears on screenshot :P

Yeah I've thought about that, cursors are a part of how people see your list and thats what this contest is about! Don't worry about the cursor- this time around I'm using a tool that takes great screenshots with people's custom cursors!

This is the result from your list, resized down:

Eh and actually I never thought about people using Photoshop on their screenshots. Also I didn't consider people's personal add-ons influencing their list look for them only.. and actually I'd rather not have that (nothing to do with you). If someone provides a screenshot that doesn't match up to how others see their list, I feel it may be taken as misleading by others or lead to a dispute. It is about how people in general see layouts.. so to avoid that possibility I'd rather just people not provide screenshots of their own after all.

But also I realize some people want screenshots in certain resolutions- I can provide 1024px and 1366px in all major browsers and I'll find someone to provide 1920px and maybe some others. Before voting people can optionally specify the resolution they want and/or browser they want. I hope thats fair? Phew!
Feb 8, 2013 6:16 PM

Oct 2012
Shishio-kun said:

But also I realize some people want screenshots in certain resolutions- I can provide 1024px and 1366px in all major browsers and I'll find someone to provide 1920px and maybe some others. Before voting people can optionally specify the resolution they want and/or browser they want. I hope thats fair? Phew!

Oh, sorry for mentioning the devestating "Photoshop" D: I know you knew what I meant though :P

Maybe it's just something with firefox but all of the titles are underlined in that picture? I have it so they are normal then when you hover it gets underlined.. hmm any reason why it does that for you/firefox when on mine they aren't underlined? It's not really a big deal :P I was just wondering.
TheHolyPotatoFeb 8, 2013 6:19 PM
Feb 8, 2013 6:56 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah well its better to think about it now- it would be awkward if someone provided a screenshot that was altered or looked different than how others see and they were unaware. I'd rather just avoid that possibility altogether heh. I don't think anyone registered atm would do wrong, but in the past on other sites random douchebags went to insane measures to cheat and "troll" contests. I hope never here lol..

It looks fine in Chrome. It seems to be a Firefox thing- not sure why! This code should fix that. Oh and I'm posting you and every1 before voting to make sure you have the right list up and find what resolution and Browser you want, so you can pick Chrome then if you prefer!

a {
text-decoration: none;
}
Feb 8, 2013 9:15 PM

Oct 2012
Really people do that? Well I don't think people would do that here :) From my short time I've been here the whole community is so nice and sincere and I love it!

Yes I would like the screenshot in chrome then please :) and yeah, better to post it when we are ready because I keep tweaking mine little by little everytime I see it :P Oh and I watched your video tutorial for the profile thing and it was really easy to follow. Way better than text tutorials. A CSS list design video tutorial would be nice since the majority of people want list designs rather than profiles and it would make it so people didn't need to request if they wanted something exactly how they wanted it :) It would be kinda hard though since there is SO much more in CSS so maybe its a bad idea :/

Wow went way off topic there aha sorry :P
Feb 9, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2012
TheHolyPotato said:

Yes I would like the screenshot in chrome then please :) and yeah, better to post it when we are ready because I keep tweaking mine little by little everytime I see it :P Oh and I watched your video tutorial for the profile thing and it was really easy to follow. Way better than text tutorials. A CSS list design video tutorial would be nice since the majority of people want list designs rather than profiles and it would make it so people didn't need to request if they wanted something exactly how they wanted it :) It would be kinda hard though since there is SO much more in CSS so maybe its a bad idea :/

Wow went way off topic there aha sorry :P

I totally agree. That Video tutorial was really nicely made and easy to follow. Though Css tuts would be better for beginners than these text tuts. But yeah I think it would be one hell of work to implement that :/

btw are we allowed to vote, i mean the participants? I dont want to vote for my list, this would be kind of stupid just wanted to know :D
Feb 9, 2013 1:31 PM

Feb 2010
TheHolyPotato said:
Really people do that? Well I don't think people would do that here :) From my short time I've been here the whole community is so nice and sincere and I love it!

Yeah sadly there's a trollside to the MAL community posting mean or douchy comments to people. Also in any large group there's always a couple elitist ppl who want to prove their better/smarter than everyone. Thats fine, but sometimes they go to crazy lengths and ruin other members fun, like in this club telling newbies their work sucks or something- I hate that and delete right away lol. Those are the types who cheated in my past contests too.

TheHolyPotato said:
A CSS list design video tutorial would be nice

Cool thanks, and I have already recorded a basic list tutorial thats only 15 mins long and covers how to put a premade layout for your anime list, then for manga list, and how to change background and fonts and where to get more tricks. idk about list tutorials on other subjects but maybe the ones that have a lot of text like DVD covers. Thats why I made the About Me tutorial a video- its so much info it woulda been pages long in text and like a hundred images.

SylakentH_ said:
btw are we allowed to vote, i mean the participants? I dont want to vote for my list, this would be kind of stupid just wanted to know :D

Yeah its a public poll.
Feb 9, 2013 11:18 PM
Livin in the 90s

Jan 2011
Really wish I could enter this time around, I unfortunately wont have the time to make a new list design with school projects and all. If there were a Profile Design Contest, I would enter into that since my profile is the only, somewhat new thing I have to offer. Even if I cannot participate I look forward to viewing the new list designs that might be born from this contest, seeing new, well done, designs never get old.
As is said before a match, Good Luck and Have Fun.

Feb 10, 2013 2:00 AM

Feb 2011
LordSilen said:
Really wish I could enter this time around, I unfortunately wont have the time to make a new list design with school projects and all. If there were a Profile Design Contest, I would enter into that since my profile is the only, somewhat new thing I have to offer. Even if I cannot participate I look forward to viewing the new list designs that might be born from this contest, seeing new, well done, designs never get old.
As is said before a match, Good Luck and Have Fun.

You're just in time. :) A few days remaining to submit your profile to http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=553845.

Too bad you won't be able to join the list design contest though.
Feb 10, 2013 3:39 AM
Livin in the 90s

Jan 2011
dperolio said:

You're just in time. :) A few days remaining to submit your profile to http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=553845.

Too bad you won't be able to join the list design contest though.

Well I meant within the club. Since Shishio made his Profile video a number of people have been making new profiles in response, and posting about them.
At least from what I've seen. Might just be me thinking there are more than there are.
Also I figure it makes sense since this is a custom lists and profiles club.
Anyway, I digress. Perhaps I will, enter that contest, though mine is completely mediocre compared to their great designs.

Feb 10, 2013 10:35 AM

Feb 2011
Bleh, list is now public and I updated my profile as well. I still need to write reviews for my list, but I don't really feel like doing it all in one sitting.

One thing that bugs me is the speed of my completed page on MAL. It lags a decent amount, at least for me, unfortunately. But I'm on a 10-year-old laptop with a crappy internet connection. Hopefully it runs smoothly for you all.

Have fun with the list, there's 8 9 chibi hovers for you to find. ;p

dperolioFeb 10, 2013 10:55 AM
Feb 10, 2013 11:45 AM

Feb 2010
LordSilen said:
Perhaps I will, enter that contest, though mine is completely mediocre compared to their great designs.

I don't think you need to make anything new- your P4 one is extremely well liked and you never entered it! I'm always seeing people use the Persona list and complimenting it. Its definitely in the top twenty most used. Pretty good considering there's over 100 premades. If I were you I would use that but add to it- example, make the icons more Persona like, maybe add some filters or a smooth Persona intro animation. There's so much untapped potential.

Maybe add a chibi or "little face" similar to how the new fighting game does. That would actually be really fun imo, and no rush since there's a whole month. Skip to 2 minutes in to see the little faces and messages in the top of the screen I'm talking about, maybe mute the annoying guys lmao

And omh, a music button. Take a #more section and put the Youtube video in it, one with Persona music to view the list too. Similar to what I'm doing on my completed list but fix one music note it to the screen. You can have a different one for each page!

Anyways rambling on there's a lot that can be done to make that well loved design even better. Plus it stands out as colorful so ppl are more likely to click it and maybe P4 fans will choose it based on their love of the game hehe.

I said in top post I'd like to have some side categories tho I haven't gotten around to mentioning them yet since I'm gonna ask others first but I def want Best Use of an Anime theme and Best Use of a Game theme. Best use of a game would be good to aim for since there aren't any game based layouts atm, I think.
Feb 10, 2013 11:57 AM

Feb 2010
dperolio said:
Bleh, list is now public and I updated my profile as well. I still need to write reviews for my list, but I don't really feel like doing it all in one sitting.

One thing that bugs me is the speed of my completed page on MAL. It lags a decent amount, at least for me, unfortunately. But I'm on a 10-year-old laptop with a crappy internet connection. Hopefully it runs smoothly for you all.

Wow this design is great! The intro animation is very nice. Unfortunately the completed page lags for me in Chrome and my notebook is no where near ten years and my connection is fast. It still lags a little in Firefox but not as bad. Its very smooth on all the other categories tho. Plus it loads for me very quickly on any page.

We have a get feedback topic too. It may be wise to post here to find how others see it and it should help improvements for general viewing.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=413691
Feb 10, 2013 12:02 PM

Feb 2011
Shishio-kun said:
dperolio said:

Wow this design is great! The intro animation is very nice. Unfortunately the completed page lags for me in Chrome and my notebook is no where near ten years and my connection is fast. It still lags a little in Firefox but not as bad. Its very smooth on all the other categories tho. Plus it loads for me very quickly on any page.

We have a get feedback topic too. It may be wise to post here to find how others see it and it should help improvements for general viewing.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=413691

Thanks for the comment.

That's a shame it lags for you as well. I don't think it's my fault though, unless you fault the fact I've watched so much anime. :x I stripped it down leaving only the images basically (took out the CSS transitions and chibis and stuff) and it lagged equally as bad. I think it's just the fact it has hundreds of image elements on the page. Or maybe it's tables. Idk, but it's not the CSS that's causing the lag.
Feb 10, 2013 2:01 PM

Feb 2010
Its the height of the list on that category causing lag for me. Unfortunate side effect of covers and large lists.
Feb 10, 2013 3:46 PM

Oct 2012
Oh my god dperolio... that is definetly the best page I think I've ever seen on the internet. Like I didn't even know you could do that scrolling thing at the top... I'm speechless....
Feb 10, 2013 4:36 PM

May 2012
yep srsly dperolio that's an amazing work you've done there. You've got my respect lol. Didnt know what you all could do with css, amazing. but yeah dat completed list quite laggs on my pc :/ ok you also have a long list so.. xD
Feb 10, 2013 4:58 PM

Feb 2011
TheHolyPotato said:
Oh my god dperolio... that is definetly the best page I think I've ever seen on the internet. Like I didn't even know you could do that scrolling thing at the top... I'm speechless....

SylakentH_ said:
yep srsly dperolio that's an amazing work you've done there. You've got my respect lol. Didnt know what you all could do with css, amazing. but yeah dat completed list quite laggs on my pc :/ ok you also have a long list so.. xD

Thanks guys! Yeah the lag is annoying, but it's bearable, at least for me.
Feb 10, 2013 5:07 PM
Livin in the 90s

Jan 2011
@dperolio Truly jaw dropping, the only thing is the lag on the completed list, and I have a pretty powerful PC. I don't know much when it comes to code, but loading the list as one scrolls down much like google images might solve that, but then again not sure if that is even possible in CSS. Either that or have a simplified version especially made for the completed list, smaller thumbnails less animations and the such.
But seriously, really amazing work right there, I think you might have risen the bar considerably.
EDIT: btw the new profile rocks!

@Shishio Ooh, I like the way you think, I definitely want to do something with it along those lines. After a bit of research and learning some more, I want to give it a try. I wont be able to enter it into this one, but perhaps I will have it ready for the next one. Glad I kept the code for that design.
_SilenFeb 10, 2013 5:14 PM

Feb 10, 2013 5:15 PM

Feb 2011
LordSilen said:
@dperolio Truly jaw dropping, the only thing is the lag on the completed list, and I have a pretty powerful PC. I don't know much when it comes to code, but loading the list as one scrolls down much like google images might solve that, but then again not sure if that is even possible in CSS. Either that or have a simplified version especially made for the completed list, smaller thumbnails less animations and the such.
But seriously, really amazing work right there, I think you might have risen the bar considerably.

Haha, thanks. That's really disappointing it lags even with a powerful PC though. And yeah, actually I made a thread a week or so ago in the Suggestions forum that MAL needs a LazyLoad-style script built into lists (loading the list as one scrolls down) as it will make lists much faster and more efficient and save MAL bandwidth. It doesn't look like any suggestions have been added in years though, from what I've seen. So not very likely, unfortunately.
Feb 10, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2008
@dperolio
Wow your list is indeed one of the best design I've seen so far. Great job. I wonder how long did you take to do this work.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.