Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2013 3:42 PM

Jun 2012
The return of Burning Fighting Fighter!!!

This episode had a really nice mixture of comedy and drama paced throughout. After the "comedy skit" they performed Chiwa feels uneasy about the whole situation. This episode had a deft use of subtlety. When they were walking home and the conversation got kind of awkward, I loved how the director showed a crossroads with the two girls on both sides with him caught in the middle. Also props to Chiwa's voice actress, since episode 1 I've noticed that she is just on another level from the other two main characters when it comes to expressing emotions.

Eita's nature of always studying makes a lot more sense now by tying it with trying to heal Chiwa. He can't heal her if he's dating her apparently : P This show just gained a lot more points in my book after this episode
Jan 19, 2013 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
Oh damn, Chiwa ftw, her power level was on pair with Goku's in that scene. :O

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 19, 2013 4:37 PM

Aug 2012
It wouldn't surprise me if Masuzu turns out to be secretly nerdy and weird like Eita. Some hints have been thrown out like her passion for the "skit" and her JoJo quotes. I haven't read the LN though.

It might be why she is obsessing over his note book at the end if the episode (she had the blush). My theory is that she wanted to get to know Eita based on reading his note book prior because they are similar.
Jan 19, 2013 5:24 PM

Jan 2011
ruritanium said:
hope this series will be as warm as toradora..(am i expecting too much). i started to hate masuzu even more.

Yeah you are setting your expectations way to high only thing i can get a warm feeling from this is the bright ass colors lol

might as watch sakura no pet if you want some Toradora vibes :)
Jan 19, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2009
Geh...embarrassing things are painful to watch.
Actually, the entire episode was somewhat painful to watch.

I'm about to drop this...but you guys seem to be hanging on to it for a while.
What do you think? Will it pick up the pace a bit? I'll probably just put in on hold for a while and wait for legit reviews to pop up.
Jan 19, 2013 6:14 PM
Jun 2008
give another plan of masuzu make eita talk of past life so have eita & chiwa do skit which people think it's comedy got masuzu going why?!

then help chiwa give letter to guy to go a date seem all fine til chiwa ask eita how he feel on it give eita sorta said wrong saying cause chiwa to run cry due to eita think of her as a sister.

cue flashback of chiwa with injured leg & back visit eita telling him she can't do kendo anymore while eita said his parents has split, find other loves & left him.

so during dinner talk give eita mention maybe get work a doctor which chiwa cried which eita more determine help chiwa to really be a doctor.

& after flashback both still wonder reasons to do next while masuzu being masuzu as usual.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jan 19, 2013 6:15 PM

Nov 2007
I love this show so much.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 19, 2013 6:23 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
fluxin42 said:
Geh...embarrassing things are painful to watch.
Actually, the entire episode was somewhat painful to watch.

I'm about to drop this...but you guys seem to be hanging on to it for a while.
What do you think? Will it pick up the pace a bit?
(shrug) I think it's an acquired taste. Other than shaking my head at how dense Eita is, I enjoyed the episode. But then, even my cat thinks I'm weird.
Jan 19, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2009
Even though I don't like Chiwa that much but ouch!
Jan 19, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2011
Definitely better than ep 1 & 2
Lol @that acting
the younger Ei kun is so kind and passionate :). I hope he will realize Chiwa's feelings for him and ends up with Chiwa
Poor Chiwa :"(
New girl next episode?
Firixizu_MintJan 19, 2013 6:49 PM
Jan 19, 2013 6:49 PM

May 2012
Aka the episode where the show blatantly rips off Chuuni
Jan 19, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2011
tapanda said:
Aka the episode where the show blatantly rips off Chuuni

If you talk the similarity of the story or the eight grade syndrome thing, I don't think that Oreshura rips off Chu2
Oreshura novel first published in Feb, 2011 while Chu2 in May, 2011 according to MAL
Jan 19, 2013 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
liked the second part ofc and kinda wondering if they gonna make him another Dense MC or not
Jan 19, 2013 7:07 PM

Oct 2011
The episode this week is great!!
The comedy skit was fun, and poor Chiwa!!! Also, I had a feeling that that Sakagami guy is tricking Chiwa, Masuzu the witch seemed to pick sth up too!!

Anyway, I won't keep my hopes up too much for next week.
Signature
Jan 19, 2013 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
They were pushing it a bit too much with Chiwa.
Jan 19, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2012
How was that embarrassing to watch? Everybody in the class loved it. Idk what the hell you people are smoking.

And how the fuck is Eita dense? The entire reason the club was formed was so that Chiwa could become popular. And the first "goal" of the club was to get her a popular boyfriend, which Chiwa agrees to and shows determination for. They succeed, and Eita goes through the trouble to cook an elaborate meal for her, only to be insulted and ran out on. And then people have the audacity to call Eita dense? What the fuck?

I hope next episode is good! It was my favorite part in the manga.
Jan 19, 2013 8:19 PM

Jan 2010
I'm not a fan of flashbacks as I find they are overused and typically poorly timed. This one was probably helpful but the timing did feel strange to me.

While they are too cruel to Chiwa, I do like the show otherwise. And I get more impressed with Chiwa's seiyuu each episode.

As an aside, I don't think we know the truth behind the notebook ending up in Masuzu's hands yet. And I find it interesting that she calls it her "first love's" book. I hope there aren't any flashbacks of the sort of Masuzu before leaving Japan as a child having been in love with someone. I'll be disappointed in Masuzu if that's the case. However diabolical, she's interesting and somehow charming.
Red_Keys said:
How was that embarrassing to watch? Everybody in the class loved it. Idk what the hell you people are smoking.

And how the fuck is Eita dense? The entire reason the club was formed was so that Chiwa could become popular. And the first "goal" of the club was to get her a popular boyfriend, which Chiwa agrees to and shows determination for. They succeed, and Eita goes through the trouble to cook an elaborate meal for her, only to be insulted and ran out on. And then people have the audacity to call Eita dense? What the fuck?
It was difficult to watch because it was embarrassing and was played straight. The class loved it after it was over. But during the performance, they were utterly silent. Just as awkward to watch as the guitar case-spinning was.

'Entire' is the wrong word. Try 'ostensible' instead. And somehow, he does seem pretty dense about Chiwa despite understanding her well in some respects. I was about to add that Masuzu seems rather astute but I don't think she fully understands Chiwa yet and is surprised by her determination.
Jan 19, 2013 8:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Red_Keys said:
As one of those saying he is dense, I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me. Want to discuss it? Fine. However, I have a problem with your tone and choice of words.
Jan 19, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2012
well poor chiwa )':
Jan 19, 2013 8:40 PM

Jan 2011
wow this might actually turn out great.
this is my god damn signature.
Jan 19, 2013 8:47 PM

May 2008
ownosourus said:
Another great episode. Hate the blackmailing bitch, hope Eita ends up with Chiwa.

I agree with you 115%
Jan 19, 2013 8:52 PM

Sep 2012
Mockman said:
'Entire' is the wrong word. Try 'ostensible' instead. And somehow, he does seem pretty dense about Chiwa despite understanding her well in some respects.
You're right, "ostensible" is the better word. But as far as Chiwa knows, the club is for "becoming popular".

And I don't see how not realizing somebody has a crush on you, while that person is voluntarily pursuing somebody else as a romantic interest, makes him dense. Not one bit.

It's like if I had a crush on somebody, then went and told some other girl that I wanted to go out with her (and had the girl I did like help me). Then got mad at the girl I do like for being an "idiot".

If anybody is dense, it is Chiwa.

Cratex said:
As one of those saying he is dense, I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me. Want to discuss it? Fine. However, I have a problem with your tone and choice of words.
Jan 19, 2013 10:13 PM

Oct 2010
Red_Keys said:

I hope next episode is good! It was my favorite part in the manga.

Agreed. People are often too quick to jump on the "Dense harem lead" bandwagon. If Chiwa has feelings for him, then she should tell him. She has no right to just expect him to know about it, call him a jerk and run off. Especially considering the whole point of their club was to make her popular.
Jan 19, 2013 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
Aside from flashback, pretty boring episode.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 19, 2013 10:22 PM

May 2011
To me, this has become one of the most easy watching anime this season. Catchy OP/ED, cute visuals, great VA cast, and a mildly interesting tale to boot. My expectations are on the rise for OreShura.

Go Chiwa GO! She can get out of every man's nightmare: the friend zone.
Jan 19, 2013 10:39 PM
Sep 2012
the part where he said he'd become a doctor for her sake was too cuteeeee
Jan 19, 2013 10:43 PM
Oct 2012
Awee this episode was so cute. Chiwa and Ei-kun better get together at the end or I may have to cry myself to sleep.
Jan 19, 2013 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
This episode made me ship Eita and Chiwa so hard, omg.

Jan 19, 2013 10:54 PM

Jan 2010
Mockman said:
'Entire' is the wrong word. Try 'ostensible' instead. And somehow, he does seem pretty dense about Chiwa despite understanding her well in some respects.
Red_Keys said:
You're right, "ostensible" is the better word. But as far as Chiwa knows, the club is for "becoming popular".

And I don't see how not realizing somebody has a crush on you, while that person is voluntarily pursuing somebody else as a romantic interest, makes him dense. Not one bit.

It's like if I had a crush on somebody, then went and told some other girl that I wanted to go out with her (and had the girl I did like help me). Then got mad at the girl I do like for being an "idiot".

If anybody is dense, it is Chiwa.
While she certainly has her issues I wouldn't call her dense. She just doesn't know what to do, so she does goofy things. She joined the club before she knew what it was when Masuzu explained the alternative — Masuzu alone with Eita. She worried about Masuzu before Eita could place the name.

And while I say 'foolish', they just seem that way now. Perhaps they'll be the right actions in the long run. But given her desires, the position she's in after all these years and what's she's doing, they sure do seem wrong. Of course, maybe she's just doing them because that's the price to be in the club with Eita.

As to the crush… she wants Eita to notice and pursue her. She's hoping that the green-eyed monster will overtake him. He's been dense for years. Oh, and it's him that thinks that's what the club was created for. And he probably does deserve a swift kick for letting Chiwa be abused so casually.

On another note, the ED reminds me of ED1 of Beelzebub.

And on another note, I wonder what Masuzu's motivation is. Is she trying to get Eita to see Chiwa in another light? To sideline Chiwa with another guy? Has she a hole in her heart that can be filled only by another suffering as she did (assuming she has)? This is an interesting show.
MockmanJan 19, 2013 11:01 PM
Jan 19, 2013 10:54 PM

Mar 2010
It was ok, still hating the blackmailing bitch.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 19, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2011
Eita and Chiwa have such a nice back story!
Jan 19, 2013 11:14 PM

Oct 2010
This anime is just a repetition of the same crap they've been stuffing down our throats for the past few seasons, now with more annoyance and spineless male character and even less interesting developments. If you're going to make a fail-harem anime, make the guy a pathetic squash in the first episode so I can flip through and delete it. Don't fucking raise my hopes by making the male character the number one student in the school, and then smashing those hopes by turning him into a stupid, delusional little baby who, despite being just so intelligent, can't seem to even cover his own ass.

Honestly, what the hell did I just watch? Did I just watch a bunch of delusion high school kids make a fool out of themselves for the stupidest little reason?

It's apparent that Japan has become a rather matriarchal society. I can't remember the last time I watched an anime where the male character wasn't a wishy-washy, helpless piece of shit that can't or won't grow half a brain to stand up for himself.
HowTragicJan 19, 2013 11:19 PM
Jan 19, 2013 11:22 PM

Oct 2012
Being family zoned is painful.....
Jan 19, 2013 11:31 PM

Dec 2010
My goodness that skit was hilarious!

Nice to see Sakagami accepted her, but sadly they are under the wrong impressions...I have a feeling the movies are going to be a disaster.

Looks like we're starting to see what kind of person Harusaki really loves.

Didn't see that coming...but that makes sense. Harusaki wanted Eita to think of her a little bit more. At least be a bit jealous, but he was oblivious to her feelings.

So that's how it all happened...guess all three of them were thinking about the same thing.

Jan 19, 2013 11:51 PM

Oct 2011
funny first half and I liked it. Second half, not so much. Was that supposed to be a flashback? Time skip?

Also don't tell me this anime is about the blackmailing girl wanting orange hair girl to get lost cuz she wants Eita for herself so she sets her up with a guy. Guy finds out she can't play guitar and those things he thought she could do, ditches her. She gets bullied. I crie every tiem drama next episodes.
Jan 19, 2013 11:53 PM
Jan 2013
Ok, so if Chiwa doesn't really have any feelings for the guy who invited her out, then why did she go on with that bitch's scheme in the first place?

As for Eita, I guess he's now officially a textbook definition of stupid, besides did Chiwa said "I Love You" in the first episode? It's rather disgusting that Eita didn't get what Chiwa was implying about.
Jan 20, 2013 12:10 AM

Nov 2009
mg021 said:
liked the episode, but dislike Masuzu even more for how her blackmail is affecting Eita and Chiwa.... though the skit was hilarious

Pretty much this, this is one of the very rare occasions where I want the childhood friend to win. She is just so cute and clearly devoted to Eita.
Jan 20, 2013 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
Iasuru said:
funny first half and I liked it. Second half, not so much. Was that supposed to be a flashback? Time skip?

Also don't tell me this anime is about the blackmailing girl wanting orange hair girl to get lost cuz she wants Eita for herself so she sets her up with a guy. Guy finds out she can't play guitar and those things he thought she could do, ditches her. She gets bullied. I crie every tiem drama next episodes.

you are not very bright are you
Baddie007 said:
Ok, so if Chiwa doesn't really have any feelings for the guy who invited her out, then why did she go on with that bitch's scheme in the first place?

As for Eita, I guess he's now officially a textbook definition of stupid, besides did Chiwa said "I Love You" in the first episode? It's rather disgusting that Eita didn't get what Chiwa was implying about.

because she wanted to make eita jealous and didn't want him to be alone with mizau thats why she was sad when eita throw a celebriation after that dude said he would go on a date with her .
how is eita stupid or dense ? he didn't know she has feeling for him he is not a mind reader also she said i love u in the first episode casually because he made her meat.
well the next episode will tell if her will be dense or not if he understand that chiwa has feelings for him or not
Jan 20, 2013 12:16 AM

Dec 2010
With all this early hate i wonder how it will be handled when Masuzu is actually developed which you all know is gonna come eventually, it should be either people saying she is still horrible or that she is more understandable when everything is made clear. Well solid episode, however for those saying Eita is dense (which he indeed is) i think it should only fair to note that when you obsess over something as much as he does with studying your awareness lacks more then the average guy who doesn't fixate on anything, her words could be easily misunderstood considering they were right after talking about medicine and him becoming a doctor.
Jan 20, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
I have to agree with InfiniteDestiny on this one, considering not only did he improve his cooking by some serious standards but also the fact that he improved his C grades all the way up to the top grade in high school, it's obvious eita put some serious time and effort which probably meant he wasn't paying attention to chiwa.

He even wrote a note on his wall to not fall in love or have a girlfriend so he could focus on studies, so I'm gonna have to say the blames on chiwa for not only making her feelings unclear but also how she hasn't noticed how far he's going for her.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Jan 20, 2013 2:23 AM

Jan 2009
Am i the only one that is hoping for some NTR action?
Jan 20, 2013 3:22 AM

Sep 2011
Eita doesn't notice she loves him, or what? Fucking fail protagonist. Which is what I hate in Romance type series.
>Masuzu Natsukawa is also twat still.
TyrelJan 20, 2013 3:28 AM
Jan 20, 2013 4:58 AM

Oct 2010
Jakerams said:
I am starting to like Chiwa more and more.

same here (#'v'#)
Signature Removed
Jan 20, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 2012
Tyrel said:
Eita doesn't notice she loves him, or what? Fucking fail protagonist. Which is what I hate in Romance type series.
>Masuzu Natsukawa is also twat still.

Then don't watch romance, it always happens. Either that or the girl won't notice the guys feelings.

I can't say I favor one over the other just yet; sure the MC is close to Chiwa but that's path and a course with all childhood friends. This anime just brings it up more at the beginning. So I can't say that she's suddenly more likely to beat Masuzu to the punch with the MC.

It'll depend on his feelings at the end of the day and Chiwa has failed to elicit any feelings from him for a looong period of time. He has been working hard for her, but that =/= romantic interest so I'll be happy to wait and see which girl is the first to make him break his rule of not falling in love.

If I had any preference as of now it would be Masuzu, purely because I think there's more to her that we know.
Jan 20, 2013 6:02 AM

Jul 2011
Chiwa has become a very interesting character. I don't blame the protagonist that much since they were grown as brother and sister(cliche huh?!)...

5/5
Jan 20, 2013 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
The first half was really hilarious but also embarrassing to watch.
The second half was pretty ToraDora like, which I like.

Good show looking forward to next episode.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 20, 2013 6:58 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode.
Jan 20, 2013 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
I liked that episode. Even with these embarrassing moments it was still funny.

I think Chiwa is going to be really intresting character. Masuzu became cruel. I liked her more when she was seeming to be shy.

Poor Chiwa.. I hope that Kidou will finally understand that what she feels.
Jan 20, 2013 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
It was fine.
Jan 20, 2013 8:30 AM

May 2012
This is surprisingly good, definitely more than I expected.

Now they just have to get rid of Masuzu...
Joh-chiJan 20, 2013 8:54 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.