Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 2, 2008 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was the first time I ever really liked Touma. I wish he could be that psychotic in all of his fights. : (
Dec 2, 2008 5:46 PM
Oct 2007
Amazing episode with Imagine Breaker vs Imagine Producer (Ars Magna) fight. I loved everything about it. And thanks for all the theories. Yup, no loopholes if you keep thinking about it, haha. At least all the events are justifiable.

And we all love Index don't we. :3
Dec 2, 2008 11:33 PM

Aug 2007
Huh there was an episode this week? All I could think about was how we will finally be getting some imouto next episode!

With that said, chalk in another lady to Touma's ever-growing harem. The guy has a harem without even knowing about it...what misfortune =P
Dec 3, 2008 1:12 AM

Sep 2008
Izzard is a total pedo
Dec 3, 2008 4:52 PM

May 2007
That was a really good episode. Loved pretty much the whole thing.

I assume Touma used his power to "undo" the reality/thought by Izzard of the right portion of his body.

PimpToad said:

With that said, chalk in another lady to Touma's ever-growing harem. The guy has a harem without even knowing about it...what misfortune =P

Lol, true. Although Touma is a much more likable protagonist from your typical harem male lead, imo.
Dec 3, 2008 11:06 PM

Nov 2006
I hope an uncensored version airs/the DVD version is uncensored. I want to see the gaping hole on Touma's right side. *3*
Dec 4, 2008 3:43 PM

Jul 2008
this episode was nice~
loved the dragon ish arm thingy and how he sounded so evil >;)~
Dec 6, 2008 3:48 PM

Oct 2008
alright that dragon was awesome, the part where styil lost his skin was even more awesome, and seeing Touma all bloodied up and pissed was just plain epic i actually really liked this episode a lot given only for all the brutalness of it
Dec 7, 2008 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
I loved it when Touma acted all pissed and crazy, with all that blood on him. That was pretty cool, and... I feel weird, but I found him so hot there, HAHA.
Dec 7, 2008 7:44 PM

Jun 2007
this was a great episode.
so, alchemy guy also likes index.... and is crazy... oh well
way to breat the ice index.... apples....
yay for touma saving himegami.
i laughed at touma reducing the car.... and stopping his death in the other ways.
poor styl..... to get skinned like that.... ouch.
so.... the alchemist's power is much like the gigalomaniacs.... instead of the dilusion, he pretty much thinks about it.... anime crossover thinking ftw.
i am glad touma was able to use a mental trick on aurelous.
touma was badass acting tough without an arm xD
i laughed when i saw that touma had his arm back connected to his body... so in that world, it is normal to go missing arms every once in awhile?
cutting apples.... XD
himegami emits waves.... lol
himegami is cute
himegami has been accepted by me.
himegami has joined the walking church
touma has one more person to take care of.
"fukoda..."
next episode should be awesome, with the esper.
Dec 10, 2008 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
JadeMatrix said:
Wasabi said:
If he were to reverse anything, it was the weapon itself. The arm would still be lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
Except that he wasn't really reversing anything. He was still 'creating' new stuff, it's just that the new stuff returned objects (notably Styl) to an undamaged state. He could very well have imagined Touma's arm back in place, but I already said he was having a nightmare.

Why the hell didnt the alchemist just imagined Index to be super healthy, happy and in love with him (..and with bigger boobs) three years ago?

PS: "There is no arm" (Matrix-Quote) :P
Dec 10, 2008 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
FTGT said:
JadeMatrix said:
Wasabi said:
If he were to reverse anything, it was the weapon itself. The arm would still be lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
Except that he wasn't really reversing anything. He was still 'creating' new stuff, it's just that the new stuff returned objects (notably Styl) to an undamaged state. He could very well have imagined Touma's arm back in place, but I already said he was having a nightmare.

Why the hell didnt the alchemist just imagined Index to be super healthy, happy and in love with him (..and with bigger boobs) three years ago?

Good one mate but would it even be possible with the Ars Magna?
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 11, 2008 10:57 AM
Mar 2008
All the dudes in this anime are going crazy for Index's cuteness lol.
Glad Himegami might be a regular.
Dec 14, 2008 6:28 PM
Dec 2007
slayer545-sama said:
FTGT said:
JadeMatrix said:
Wasabi said:

He didn't have Ars Magna back then either, or at the very least he hadn't mastered it. The thing with that ability is that he has to be 100% confident that he can do it. If he hesitates about it it won't work or he may undo things by mistake, like how he fixed Styl by thinking about Styl when he started doubting his power. Any single doubt in his mind and it wouldn't work. So while in a technical level, his power could have saved Index easily, he didn't have the mental strength and confidence to try it.

Dec 15, 2008 4:59 AM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
slayer545-sama said:
FTGT said:
JadeMatrix said:
Wasabi said:

He didn't have Ars Magna back then either, or at the very least he hadn't mastered it. The thing with that ability is that he has to be 100% confident that he can do it. If he hesitates about it it won't work or he may undo things by mistake, like how he fixed Styl by thinking about Styl when he started doubting his power. Any single doubt in his mind and it wouldn't work. So while in a technical level, his power could have saved Index easily, he didn't have the mental strength and confidence to try it.

Well said! I guess that concludes this explanation. Indeed he not have the mental strength nor confidence to do this.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Jan 1, 2009 12:30 AM

May 2008
OK I admit it, I'm a n00b.... what does gar mean... >.<

It's great how Kaori even looks like Kotomi... that kind of half asleep, half curious look. So now we have Index + Kotomi... win.
Jan 2, 2009 7:35 PM
Jun 2008
loved this ep. soo good. had everything in it xP
but the whole arm thing was crazy! and lmao no i dont watch ER but cmon, its ANIME, since when does reality (aka blood loss) hav anything to do w/ anime xDD?
and p.s- it wasnt touma who summoned the crazy dragon monster thing, because izzard's thoughts become reality, he was imagining imagine breaker to be some kind of immense power so the thought took over and literally consumed him + stiyl came bak to life because touma convinced izzard that his magic was no longer working.
thou when u think about it, being able to imagine stiyl being ripped apart into a thousand pieces is kinda........gross.
Jan 3, 2009 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
Yes this was an awesome episode~ wow that was so cool when Touma "lost" his arm and started laughing maniacally that made me want to laugh.. xD Never thought this anime was this gory. o.O
Aina-ChanJan 3, 2009 3:04 PM
HEY!
Jan 3, 2009 9:34 PM

May 2008
Chelleee said:

and p.s- it wasnt touma who summoned the crazy dragon monster thing, because izzard's thoughts become reality, he was imagining imagine breaker to be some kind of immense power so the thought took over and literally consumed him + stiyl came bak to life because touma convinced izzard that his magic was no longer working.

I agree, but what if that really is his arm? We don't know yet... heehee >:D
Jan 15, 2009 10:18 PM

May 2008
That was BAD ASS.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 21, 2009 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
I definitely got higurashi vibes when Touma lost his arm.
Oct 5, 2009 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
Damn, the order did not come out from his mouth but from his mind? now that's interesting, so Aisa gonna live with Touma too? this turned out to be a harem
Oct 9, 2009 8:34 AM

Jul 2009
Blackhawk5017 said:
I definitely got higurashi vibes when Touma lost his arm.

Yeah me too, cowered in blood unleashing a psycho laughter, such an awesome scene =D

Luckily for him that doctor could stitch his arm back on, even though it would take years before he regained all movement in his arm and it would never be as good as it was before, though I guess they leave out such minor details ;)
Oct 22, 2009 7:16 AM

May 2009
Now this was a lot better than the previous episode. The fight and crazy Touma was awesome.
Nov 16, 2009 2:57 PM

May 2009
This episode had action, so I enjoyed it very much
Him planning on save Index was lame and now Aisa is living with him xD
Nov 30, 2009 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
Sadly, Aisa will have no important role after this episode. I feel sorry for Aroliuos for whoever we called, he's hidden too long to know how the world's going. :(
Dec 17, 2009 8:22 PM

Oct 2009
The best part in this episode is when Touma becomes sadistic~~

Jan 2, 2010 8:24 PM

Jun 2008
Oh, WHAT THE.

Whatever. I'm just going to nod and agree with everything those anime characters say. Woo!
Jan 11, 2010 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
Dude...when Styil lost his arm, I was half expecting him to say " 'Tis only a flesh wound!" or something like that XD
Jan 18, 2010 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
That was a pretty bad ass episode. Psycho mode Touma was just epic win. He pawned Aurelious really badly, making him believe that his powers are not working anymore,. Also, the dragon was also pretty bad ass aswell.

Index was also cute in this episode. She unconsiously said I'm hungry in a life threathing situation, lmao. Also, if she had partners before, wouldn't that make her like love for Touma a fake or something since she treated everyone the same. She treated Aurelious just like Styil and Touma, lol.

Wonder if Deep Blood will stay with them. I hope yea because I really like her. Don't let the church take her away Touma!
Apr 18, 2010 11:58 PM

Aug 2008
lol Index is always hungry. :P

Can't wait for the next ep. Finally I get to see more of Misaka Mikoto.
May 8, 2010 2:04 PM

Apr 2010
wow, great episode. this was the best so far.
Jun 12, 2010 10:38 PM

Jan 2010
I have to say, the logic behind this fight sequence was very impressive.

Also, several complete freak-out moments in this episode. When Stiyl was torn to shreds I totally flipped. And then Touma's arm getting sliced off was so freaky.

I really like this Deep Blood character. I hope she'll be a regular too.
Jun 18, 2010 2:26 PM

May 2008
Touma went all Light Yagami with that laugh. Still a good episode thought.
Jul 1, 2010 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
That was a pretty intense battle, aside from the confusingness of his weird reality distortion.
Aug 10, 2010 6:46 AM

Jun 2008
THIS ANIME IS AWESOME. that's all. it just is.
Aug 15, 2010 8:37 PM
Jul 2010
Wow. So, he is able to control the world around him... with his thoughts? There has got to be something deeper to that, or else he could have taken over the world with a single thought. Maybe it only works inside that building. And he can't create vampires because he thinks that he can't create vampires, so therefore he can't create vampires. And maybe he's just really unimaginative. I mean, with power like that, you could create a secret underground base and pimp it out with whatever you want! Flat-screen TVs, air-hockey tables, baseball stadiums--the sky's the limit! I mean, what self-respecting hotblooded male would get a power like that and not immediately wish up a jetpack? Come on!!!

And the reason they can re-connect his arm with little to no long-term consequences is because they technology significantly more advanced than ours.
Sep 12, 2010 12:21 AM

Aug 2010
Only badasses laugh when they get their arms cut off.
Sep 27, 2010 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
Poor guy. All he wanted was his loli back...
Oct 5, 2010 6:44 PM

Nov 2009
What a great fight Touma and Aureolus had. Wow! Touma has a dark side plus that was some finishing move he had as well. XD
Oct 26, 2010 12:30 PM
Nov 2009
This was a good episode :]
Oct 28, 2010 2:55 AM
Jun 2008
-N0iR- said:
I am greatly disappointed. This series went from ok to an infinite loop of sucky plot. I mean - WHY do all the bad guys have the same motivation. It's like the entire world is one large - LETS SAVE INDEX YAY conspiracy, except that no-one bothers to work together. I had hoped they could atleast make up somekind of other excuse, but this is just lame.
Also, while speaking of the devil, why is memoryloss the only thing that the scriptwriters could make up. So far 50% of the entire cast has lost their memories during the series. Touma, Index and now also aurelos.
Secondly - I am beginning to hate Index - her character is so annoying. Makes you wonder why the entire world wants to save her...

Lastly, while I am at it. This episode made no sense. I can accept that that aurelius dude can manifest his thoughts into reality - thats a quite cool ability and they used it well. BUT - how the heck did the Fire-mage-dude get back to normal? I mean it is not like aurelius imagined him back or anything, because if that was the case we would have expected instant regeneration of touma's arm, when aurelius lost control, which clearly wasnt the case - since he was fixed at the hospital. A quite significant plothole - especially when they went to such great length to descripe aurelius ability and why/how it works....

Next to it actually ending..eventually.., the only only highlight of this episode was that index got hardly any screentime - god bless you for that.

//end rant

This - the Aureolus guy seemed like he could have been an awesome villain, with an original motive. It seems everyone in this show wants to save Index, leading to long 'motivational/demotivational speeches by whoever happens to be there'.

The end to this made no sense - Touma got stressed by Sphinx being there, but not Stiyl's cigarette? And how did Stiyl get his skin back so quickly?
Nov 7, 2010 1:58 AM
Feb 2009
wow sht all happened
Dec 14, 2010 5:10 AM

Sep 2008
Aureolus... ended up being a somewhat lame opponent. XD

I like Himegami... but I didn't want her to end up living with Touma. I hope he doesn't get a harem or something. Glad she's okay, though. I wonder what she'll do now?

Touma really was pretty freaky when his arm got chopped off and he was laughing crazily. DX Erm, great episode though!
Jan 14, 2011 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
What the fuck did I just watch?
Jan 25, 2011 9:58 AM

Oct 2008
I loved this episode, Touma was kind of cool when he got his arm cut off.

Also Stiyl never take the cigarette out of his mouth even when eating I found.
Jan 31, 2011 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
This shows is very comfortable screwing with the insane and ridiculous. I was amazed at how great, but also random this episode was. It had a fantastic finish though. Sometimes the show is less about what Touma's right hand, and more about the ridiculous amount of GUTS and BALLS he has.

Feb 5, 2011 3:33 PM

Oct 2010
So they re-attach his arm and everything is fine O_o...
Jealous Index was kinda cute ^^
I get it that he doesn't want Index to find out that he lost his memory, but did he lied to Stiyl?
huh?
Feb 7, 2011 10:49 AM

Nov 2010
If I saw how Styil's skin ripped out in RL, I would have to puke... That makes me sick >.<
But I didn't thought that Touma went crazy but it was awesome.
Feb 9, 2011 12:59 PM
Jun 2010
YAY!

Super action + coolish dude + cute index + dandere girl + harem = awesome
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

id - Jan 15, 2009

191 by karrotStick »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.