Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2013 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Evangelion and Hakaze looking good this episode :3

I gotta say that Hakaze and Yoshiro were kinda cute this episode. Dat super kick from Hakaze to that new magician. Hanemura's power is kinda dangerous by the way it was explained. Not bad for this episode imo and I hope this arc will be good.
Jan 17, 2013 9:46 AM

Nov 2007
OP is nice itself.

At least long hair guy didn't know about Yoshino's truth, which female magician learned before. He only thought he's dangerous for his decision making.

Wow, he just approached (or just accidentally met) them like that. Hakaze vs. that KajiKaji's character to try out his power.
tsubasaloverJan 17, 2013 6:12 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 17, 2013 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
Hakaze vs. that KajiKaji's character?

Well, she kicked him pretty hard lol
Jan 17, 2013 10:26 AM
Jan 2013
this one was pretty good unfortunately i knew what was to happen by the manga and know what is to happen the next week, i hope they reach the manga (the translated by easygoing scans) the next week and see new material after that (and hope to the translators to do their job quicker after the anime is over xD)
renextronexJan 17, 2013 11:31 AM
Jan 17, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2012
First OP was better IMO :/
lol@Hakaze's monologue
I don't like the change of atmosphere that much, I like how everything felt in the first half when the world was basically falling apart.
God this show knows how to end on cliffhangers
QuiGonJonJan 17, 2013 12:44 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 17, 2013 12:28 PM

Jun 2012
The new OP was a little J-Poppy for my taste but ok nonetheless

Hakaze this episode was so dawww when she was in the episode thinking about Yoshino in the bathroom and how he fits into this whole situation. Something about Miyuki Sawashiro's voice makes me fall for every character she voices X D As for Yuki Kaji's character, like other characters he voices, he got the short end of the stick again getting the shit beat out of him lol.

Samon's and Mahiro's conclusion makes sense about the mage of Exodus in the way they explained it but I still doubt he is it. Unless we're missing something, there's no way he could have killed Aika and started the chain of events. He was too attached to her and even if he did kill her what would he gain from it.
Jan 17, 2013 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
Wow Hakaze really likes Yoshino. She just kicked that guy for talking to him and was so protective.

That's way too coincidental how they found the other mage. I mean wow.

Hakaze/Yoshino really are good together though.
Jan 17, 2013 12:57 PM

Feb 2011
The new Op is amazing <3
Jan 17, 2013 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
A lot of things escalated quickly this episode...

Yoshino and Hakaze finding the mage of Exodus, predictions that Yoshino is the mage of Exodus, and Yoshino telling Samon's side they found the mage of Exodus!

Dang! If Yoshino is the real mage of Exodus... It is too farfetched to think he killed Aika... but it is still possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, new OP is worse than previous one :/

Kinda disappointed since I feel that the atmosphere of the show has shifted from what it used to be in the first part. A little too many events are cramped into this episode and suspense/mystery seems kinda stretched. Hakaze's violent crush on Yoshino is hilarious though XD
Jan 17, 2013 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
Tssk, I thought it was Yoshino that got some special power from the preview of last episode! That question was not addressed to him.

The OP isong s not good, doesn't really match the OP and the Op itself feel pretty generic... :S But it feels so weird to see a hakaze (?) in a priest (?)costume and a mecha like antagonist coming out of the tree.

And why does Hakaze have to beat up the guy so badly when he doesn't seem to have any bad intention... -.- Princess' logic.
KuriniJan 17, 2013 3:23 PM
Jan 17, 2013 2:12 PM

Apr 2011
I like the new OP but it can't top Spirit Inspiration.

I just don't see how Yoshino would kill his own sister but again I guess its possible. And the Princess gave dat kick to the face the Mage I loled.
Jan 17, 2013 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
I liked the episode, didn't like the new OP, Hakaze having a crush on Yoshino wasn't that much of a surprise, but being so cute at it did surprise me.
Tha mage os Exodus is soooooo lame, i would've loved that he died on that sparring. And i kinda hoped a little that Yoshino was the mage of exodus or at least have some kind of power but still, it's nice how he has the world in his hands...

Ohh and i loved how they were seriously talking about how Yoshino is the mage of Exodus and BAM!! a call from Yoshino "I've found the mage of exodus" HAHAHA...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 17, 2013 2:28 PM

Jun 2012
good episode 5/5 but the hole kill yoshino thing scared me at first but glad he said no in the end
Jan 17, 2013 3:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nice episode this week! I think after next week's episode, the anime will be farther ahead than the scanlations...I liked knowing what was coming up :P Mahiro would never kill Yoshino, it was nice to see him say that he will protect Yoshino, but I wonder if he'll ever find out that Yoshino was Aika's boyfriend...Kajikaji's character is not that great, seriously I never bothered to remember that guy's name even when I was reading the manga, lol. I just remember him as the mage of exodus. Anyways, I'm excited to see next week's episode with Mahiro and that Hanemura guy. :)
Jan 17, 2013 3:13 PM

Feb 2012
Poor Hanemura, dude doesn't understand a thing that's going on.

Ok episode, loved the opening.
Jan 17, 2013 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
I actually think this opening was on par with the first op. The bit of Mahiro kicking Hanemura ass was gold in the opening was gold.

This episode was good. Tsundere Hakaze, and a nice magic action scene near the end.

True, what was with that mech thing?

Opening
DarkjollyJan 17, 2013 3:51 PM
Jan 17, 2013 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
it was good but this ep and the preview makes me somewhat worried as to what direction this show will be taking, it seems way more light hearted for its own good

I hope they pull some crazy shit in the coming episodes. Though im especially worried about how they will end this show at 24 episodes if they are translating it at 1 chap per ep as well as having 2 filler episodes for anime only already, I mean the manga is apparently at the end of the line so i think its a damn shame they just didnt go with a 50 ep show and wrap the entire thing up in one go and am hoping it wont have an anime only ending so there will be a 2nd season after ep 24 (that is if this sells well......which it probably wont)

Kurini said:

The OP isong s not good, doesn't really match the OP and the Op itself feel pretty generic... :S But it feels so weird to see a hakaze (?) in a priest (?)costume and a mecha like antagonist coming out of the tree.
This also has me really worried about what is to come

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 17, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
the op isn't as good as the last one.
Idk Hakaze could have calmed down on that guy he obviously meant no harm lol Yoshino should have made her stop after all she is a total tool.
I wish I could skip to the very end of this anime to see the ending lol. If this gets a generic "everyone lives happily every after" I would be surprised and .....disappointed......Yoshino must die
Jan 17, 2013 4:07 PM
Sep 2012
<font><font>DJIzzyIzzyHitler</font></font> said:
Kurini said:

It's not as worrying as you think. The costumes have a psychological reason.
Jan 17, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
I really like the new OP. Go Kylee! Who's that mecha-type character in the OP? Dammit, can't wait to find out.
Hakaze was so cute this episode. I really like how Yoshino keeps 'Aika being his girlfriend' a secret. It makes the show a lot more interesting.
Poor Megumu he has to get owned by Hakaze. Looks like he'll be training with Mahiro next episode.
This arc looks very promising. :)
Jan 17, 2013 4:35 PM

Oct 2011
Uhmm, good episode!!! Still feel missing though,
Anyway, just when it was getting good, the ep ended, so annoying.

Also, from the OP & next ep PV, I guess the Exodus guy is kinda like a clown yet not huh, could the black guy who looks like a hero from the OP be him. The op music isn't as good as the 1st one still.
Signature
Jan 17, 2013 4:36 PM

Nov 2012
Anime is catching up with the manga. Nooooooo, I prefer to read the manga first.

I hope Hakaze dates Yoshino in the future. It's a bit cruel looking at her falling in love with Yoshino, and him not noticing it.
Jan 17, 2013 5:27 PM
Oct 2010
tsundere hakaze <3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 17, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
Ok so, this was good,but i have some buts.First, new opening isnt really that good, actually i dont like it much.Its just kinda meh, i didnt feel anything while watching it :/.Second, everything seems now so...idk? weird?.It's kinda like not the same show i've seen before, but don't get me wrong!, i liked it very much, i just hope it won't stay the way it is till the end.Opening have some weird mecha guy as well? and Hakaze in some Onmyouji outfit? weird.I actually can't wait to see whats all of this about.
I still prefer Aika over Hakaze tho <3

4/5
Jan 17, 2013 7:15 PM
Jul 2012
Darkjolly said:
True, what was with that mech thing?

Well, for the sake of reading the manga, I might be able to explain in the spoiler:

Jan 17, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2011
Yoshino is a beautiful specimen.
Jan 17, 2013 7:18 PM
Jul 2012
tsubasalover said:
OP is nice itself.

At least long hair guy didn't know about Yoshino's truth, which female magician learned before. He only thought he's dangerous for his decision making.

Wow, he just approached (or just accidentally met) them like that. Hakaze vs. that KajiKaji's character to try out his power.

Actually, I don't think it could have been accidental, as, if I'm correct, the Tree of Genesis has no hold over the mages of the Tree of Exodus, I think. And if I'm right, it may have been the Tree of Exodus trying to say to the Tree of Genesis, "See I got a mage too, and he can kick your princess's booty away!"
Jan 17, 2013 7:31 PM

Oct 2011
I freaking love tsundere Hakaze! It's awfully cute of her to fall in love with Yoshino. I have trouble believing Yoshino really killed Aika, because he hasn't shown any indication of guilt for her death. Don't think he is the Mage of Exodus.

Jan 17, 2013 8:18 PM
Dec 2012
I actually really liked this OP more than the first one. It's just me, I guess it's just my taste in music. I also like the old ED more than this one (though this one is not bad).

As for the episode itself. It was great, and was full of information and reveals. The dialogue really makes this show and I hope it continues to do so. Action is secondary but when it was done, it was done well. This is going to be my main show this season, so I expect great things and even if it gets shitty from here, I will say that the first 14 eps alone made it worth it (even the recap was not too bad).
Jan 17, 2013 8:58 PM

Jan 2011
It is even more unlikely that Yoshino killed Aika, since that possibility was raised by another character in this episode. If they were going to bring in that shock surprise at the end, they wouldn't tip their hand by putting the idea in play so early. (Unless they are meta-gaming us and introducing the idea, just so we'll dismiss it and really be surprised when it surfaces in the last or second last episode...).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 17, 2013 9:13 PM

Nov 2011
Poor guy, getting owned so hard all of the sudden. Look like we will be seeing lots of magic in the future. Part of me start to believe Yoshino really is the Mage of Exodus, until the true killer is shown then the chance of him being the killer is still there. No matter how screwed up that may be.

Jan 17, 2013 9:31 PM

Jan 2010
I honestly don't see any other ending but a bad one.
Mahiro might start to believe that Yoshino killed his sister... turns against Yoshino.
Mahiro finds out that Yoshino was dating Aika... turns against Yoshino.
Either way, I think Mahiro and Yoshino are going to end up killing each other, which is horrible considering that their friendship is really awesome.

I'm really sick of all the lies on the show, though. Everyone is keeping secrets from each other which puts everything at stake and leaves us on edge. I hate the tension but then again, it's why this show is so great.
Jan 17, 2013 9:50 PM

Jan 2011
Konja6 said:
<font><font>DJIzzyIzzyHitler</font></font> said:
Kurini said:

The OP song is not good, doesn't really match the OP and the Op itself feel pretty generic... :S But it feels so weird to see a hakaze (?) in a priest (?)costume and a mecha like antagonist coming out of the tree.

It's not as worrying as you think. The costumes have a psychological reason.
i hope so was slightly worried when i saw those things, op isn't as good as the last one too

looks like Kaji signed up for a another roll this season playing (the weakling)
Jan 17, 2013 9:52 PM
Dec 2012
I'm always impressed at design of Yamamoto's eyes: her eyes exhibit a feeling of vitality. (Her miniskirt is annoying though.)

Jan 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2009
aw i expected another english song for the OP since its a song by Kylee
Jan 17, 2013 10:12 PM

Nov 2007
Hakaze blushing all over the episode! ♥

But what this is I see from most of the comments? The new OP is fantastic. I skipped the first OP at will but listening to this for so many times already! I guess taste differs so I am not going to enter any debate.

The story is taking the typical BONES anime halfway route, where we see role changes from the first segment. But I am loving it right now!

Maybe because of the presence of Hakaze?

Also, it looks like Tree of Zetusen is the thing that will change the world for the better, not the one that is ruling now.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 17, 2013 10:32 PM
Jan 2013
Hikarusuke said:
I like the new OP but it can't top Spirit Inspiration.

I just don't see how Yoshino would kill his own sister but again I guess its possible. And the Princess gave dat kick to the face the Mage I loled.

his own sister? lol see all the series again and edit that comment please

eminagnam said:
I'm always impressed at design of Yamamoto's eyes: her eyes exhibit a feeling of vitality. (Her miniskirt is annoying though.)

not only that, but yoshino saying "it cant be helped" like nothing is pretty amazing itself, and of course the reaction of the poor guys was hilarious

also people what was so great about an action-apocalyptic OP in the first 12 ep while the anime being drama-mysterious-apocalyptic, i liked it, thisk its suits more the show
renextronexJan 17, 2013 10:58 PM
Jan 17, 2013 10:34 PM

Feb 2010
interesting beginning to 2nd half of this show... the atmosphere has changed, but I like it.

one of the strengths of this show are the characters unpredictability.
Jan 17, 2013 10:57 PM
May 2012
Interesting episode 5/5 for me. Liked the new OP as well. Yoshino can be the mage of exodus but there's no way he'll kill Aika there's just no way he'll do that.
Jan 17, 2013 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
The more i watch the more confusing, the mage of exodus is suppose to be her enemy right? even if she's not sure this manemura guy is, why help him to further awake his powers? if he turns out to be the main antagonist in the end or does something major to give hakaze's group a tough time given the fact she could have killed him here, i will be very pissed.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 18, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2012
Well, everything is building up. I wouldn't count out Yoshino just yet as we're left in the dark. Maybe Yoshino doesn't even have to be the "mage of exodus" for the Tree of Exodus to achieve its goals. Who knows.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 18, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2008
Zee530 said:
The more i watch the more confusing, the mage of exodus is suppose to be her enemy right? even if she's not sure this manemura guy is, why help him to further awake his powers? if he turns out to be the main antagonist in the end or does something major to give hakaze's group a tough time given the fact she could have killed him here, i will be very pissed.

The characters in this story don't jump to conclusions but check every possibility. Thus, they don't just attack someone because he might om the opposite side.

Also mind you that Hakaze no longer blindly follows the Tree of Genesis and a Mage of Exodus may be a key to stopping it (which is why Kusaribe's awoke the Tree of Exodus in the first place... with whom Hakaze is now on terms with).
Jan 18, 2013 4:26 AM

Jun 2008
Zee530 said:
The more i watch the more confusing, the mage of exodus is suppose to be her enemy right? even if she's not sure this Hanemura guy is, why help him to further awake his powers? if he turns out to be the main antagonist in the end or does something major to give hakaze's group a tough time given the fact she could have killed him here, i will be very pissed.

The Mage of Exodus is the enemy of the Mage of Genesis, and contrary to the latter, the Mage of Exodus does not need to make civilization offerings to use his power, hence why he is so hugely powerful. Yet, I agree completely with Hakaze´s method: Know your enemy first. She tested him and realized the guy is such a good person that he cant even use his power. If you befriend your enemy and work together with him its much better than let him lost in the crowd with his power that he barely controls. If Hanemura learns to control it, he will help Hakaze save the world, he is the representative of the tree, but he is still a human, killing an innocent human would be bad, since he did no wrong at all. Put yourself in the situation you mentioned: one day you wake up and have power, your enemy arrives and says "sorry, but Im gonna kill you even though you did nothing just because you have power". Isnt it better "Hey, I will get to know you. Ill help you control your power, and you help me save the world kay."?

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 18, 2013 5:03 AM

Oct 2012
intesting episode.. nice one

Jan 18, 2013 5:09 AM

May 2010
Ending song is just great....I loved the old one too but it is also equally lovable..
Jan 18, 2013 6:08 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode.
I actually liked the new OP. For some reason I kept replaying it on YouTube :D. Spirit Inspiration was great, but I like this one a little bit better.
I don't see why people are complaining about the way the second half of the show is turning out. It is only the beginning. It is normal for things to calm down a little bit after a storm. Maybe the show is trying to give a false sense of security because things will surely become more complicated.
This is the type of series that will keep coming with things that will make your eyeballs pop out of your eye sockets xD
If it turns out even more psychological, I'll love it even more u.u
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Jan 18, 2013 6:13 AM

Feb 2012
looking good babe

good episode and nice op too, but i must admit i think i liked the previous song better? hm not sure. but ill jump on the bandwagon and admit that hakaze is super cute, loved the bit in the bathroom (although it took away a bit of the seriousness of the show, but we're only 14/24 into it so shit will go down eventually, perhaps they're giving us sweet non serious things because the previous half has been nothing but serious serious shit, dont worry guys im sure we'll be back to 'on-the-edge-of-our-seats' soon!)
erochanJan 18, 2013 7:02 AM
Jan 18, 2013 6:47 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was really bad for the standards the show has set itself in previous episodes. If this were any other anime, I would have accepted an episode at this level, but because I know that this anime can be better, I dislikes this episode.
Jan 18, 2013 7:30 AM

Feb 2012
It was a great opening for the new arc.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.