Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2013 9:59 AM
Jan 2013
I have watched the first one, but can't find 2 & 3. Have they been released or did they only show in Japanese theaters?
Jan 15, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2009
II only recently came out in Japan, and III isn't even out yet.

Patience, young Padawan.
Jan 15, 2013 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
You can get Berserk Golden Age Arc II if you torrent it.
Jan 15, 2013 10:04 AM

Jun 2012
Just pick up the manga. It's not like the movies are even gonna adapt more man 115 chapters of the 332 available in English.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 15, 2013 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Holybaptiser said:
Just pick up the manga. It's not like the movies are even gonna adapt more man 115 chapters of the 332 available in English.

Not to metion that the movies are pretty bad adaptions IMO.
Jan 15, 2013 10:06 AM

Jun 2012
Neane1993 said:
Holybaptiser said:

Hmmm, this is why I'm always hesitant when it comes to watching anime of manga that I really like.

Jan 15, 2013 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Holybaptiser said:
Neane1993 said:
Holybaptiser said:

Hmmm, this is why I'm always hesitant when it comes to watching anime of manga that I really like.

Still, I'm going to watch the 3rd too just out of morbid curiosity to see how bad they can mess up something as simple as the utter and complete gorefest that is the Eclipse.
Jan 15, 2013 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
Neane1993 said:
Holybaptiser said:
Neane1993 said:
Holybaptiser said:

Still, I'm going to watch the 3rd too just out of morbid curiosity to see how bad they can mess up something as simple as the utter and complete gorefest that is the Eclipse.
Wow. Yeah, after reading that I don't know if I want to invest 4-6 hours watching the movies, but maybe one day when I get bored enough, I'll pick them up, and only if they are all available.

Lets just hope Eva 3.0 doesn't end up like that.

Jan 15, 2013 1:37 PM

Nov 2012
I'm gonna have to agree with those that just suggested picking up the manga. I love the series but the animation for these movies they've been putting out just doesn't look good. To be honest I think it looks terrible.

Just read the manga, it's awesome.
I made some killer babaganoush... FOR VALHALLA!!!
Jan 15, 2013 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
Lindle said:
II only recently came out in Japan, and III isn't even out yet.

Patience, young Padawan.

Actually, the second is almost out over here, and the third one was released in Japan last month.
Jan 15, 2013 1:46 PM

Nov 2011
Just starting volume 5 of the manga and it's bad ass.
Jan 15, 2013 4:17 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Movie 2 is already out there in the interwebz. But as many have suggested: pick up the manga instead.
Jan 15, 2013 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
dont know why there making movie remakes when THEY NEED A FUKIN SEQUEL instead. blah blah go read the manga blah blah. well...i mite jst have to
Jan 15, 2013 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, like others said pick up the manga but just don't rush through Berserk like a mad man. Once you catch up you'll be like most of us here waiting for just one 20 page chapter to come out every 3+ months.
Berserk II should be out fairly soon. It already is, but still waiting for subs to come out.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 15, 2013 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
I disagree, the animation looks superb compared to 90% of everything out there now, not to mention the original series when it released in 1997. Also, they announced the trilogy before the movies were released, so you can't really claim to be surprised when they lack some detail. 3 movies will cover the span of 26 episodes... I don't know, what do you think?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 15, 2013 5:06 PM

Jun 2010
second one acTually isnT done To bad i ThoughT
Jan 15, 2013 5:09 PM

Nov 2010
Havent' even watched them yet, never was into the anime too much either because I knew it didn't cover much. The manga is great though, maybe I'll watch the movies.
Jan 15, 2013 5:28 PM
Dec 2012
The Manga goes downhill after The Golden Age Arc imo. The English dub of the '97 series will always be the definitive version of Berserk for me.
This community is terrible.
Jan 15, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
I have moved this topic to under the movie being discussed.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jan 15, 2013 5:58 PM

Apr 2008
Anyways, read the manga is the best solution

katsucats said:
I disagree, the animation looks superb compared to 90% of everything out there now, not to mention the original series when it released in 1997. Also, they announced the trilogy before the movies were released, so you can't really claim to be surprised when they lack some detail. 3 movies will cover the span of 26 episodes... I don't know, what do you think?

the original is the manga. It is not just the details, they cut scenes of the utmost importance.
Jan 24, 2013 10:03 PM

Feb 2012
Is it just me that's wishing the the rumor of the anime series being picked back up (which has been around forever) will actually become a reality now after the time they've invested in making a movie trilogy?

Jan 28, 2013 12:57 PM
Feb 2011
I dont know about the anime getting picked back up, but I believe I read somewhere that they will continue making movies after this trilogy. Which makes sense, because the titles of the movies are Berserk: The Golden Age Arc
Jan 29, 2013 11:45 PM

Aug 2010
fordgt0589 said:
I dont know about the anime getting picked back up, but I believe I read somewhere that they will continue making movies after this trilogy. Which makes sense, because the titles of the movies are Berserk: The Golden Age Arc
Oh man now that you said that, I remember that they're planning on adapting most of the Berserk manga, well what's been released so far. So if they actually go through with this plan then I hope that they actually have a larger gap between the releases and make each movie longer. If not then lord all mighty please have mercy on our soul!
Feb 2, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2011
To those wondering why they did the remakes instead of a sequel:
They HAD to do remakes in order to do the sequel.
The ending of the original anime butchered the fuck out of the source material, leaving basically everything crucial out of the Eclipse. It was a messy, ambiguous clusterfuck.

The point of these movies are to basically set the stage so there CAN be more of the series adapted. The only real important part of this trilogy is the final movie, where they left everything out in the original series.

They don't need to go into super depth with these 2, it's obvious only diehard Berserk fans are going to watch these movies anyway, ones who have already seen the original anime and know bits like where Zodd through Guts the sword.

But of course, they couldn't just go and release the third movie randomly, thus the first 2 movies which do not go very in-depth.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 8, 2013 8:18 AM
Aug 2013
I know that no one has posted on this board in awhile but I just had to throw in my two cents :P
I just finished watching the English dubbed version of Arc II, and it was decent. Like people mentioned earlier though they could have skipped the detailed hate fuck session Griffith had with the princess and actually put the part with Zodd throwing Guts his sword. But either way it didn't really change the storyline at all IMO.

The thing that irritated me about these films though, was the fact that they didn't continue with the original anime and instead re-made the gdamn Golden Arc storyline again..... *sigh*. Yeah the original anime wasn't TOO in-depth when it came to the eclipse episode, but honestly I doubt they will elaborate on it too much with the Arc 3 movie (which I will be watching in a couple days). Every single fan of Berserk, of the anime, and the manga alike are all really MORE excited about what happens after eclipse anyways. That's when Guts basically turns into a "Whirling Tornado of Unstoppable Death". That's literally the only way I can describe it.

All I'm saying is, I realize they had to re-make the Golden Age Arc again if they were going to add more, and I dig the re-mastered graphics and all, it really helps with the scaling issues of the big battles for sure.... but we all would much rather watch the crazy shit that follows eclipse just a LITTLE more. I know the creators say they are going to continue after this trilogy, but I'm not getting any younger, and waiting till 2014/15 or w/e for the next movie is gonna drive me crazy haha.
But honestly I would have been a lot happier if they had continued with the anime series. We wouldn't have to wait near as long for another installment of our favorite swordsman, and the quality of the anime doesn't bug me in the least. I enjoyed it back then and I still do now. I love the manga, but seeing it on the big screen brings your favorite character to life in a way the manga never can. For those of you that haven't read the manga, I suggest you read it, it's fantastic.
/rant off
Aug 31, 2013 11:53 AM
Oct 2011
ok I have to say i'm getting the movies of Berserk soon on amazon.com just wondring which is better the movies or the show? I have the show and watched it about 5 times now. But I have not seen either movies yet 1 or 2 and 3 hasn't been released yet. How great or not so great are movies 1 and 2 compared to the show? Also when does movies 1 and 2 take place in the show. Just wondering because I love Berserk but have not seen any movies of it yet. I heard their remakes of the show. How much of a remake do they make from the show and is there any new material that wasn't in the show that is in the movies? Thanks

Jesus is everyone's best friend and savior
Read the Holy Bible and accept Jesus into your life.
Everyone get baptized under the water so you can make it into the kingdom of Heaven. Tata
Nov 17, 2013 4:45 PM

Feb 2012
ElementSponge said:
fordgt0589 said:
Oh man now that you said that, I remember that they're planning on adapting most of the Berserk manga, well what's been released so far. So if they actually go through with this plan then I hope that they actually have a larger gap between the releases and make each movie longer. If not then lord all mighty please have mercy on our soul!

Bobbypick said:
To those wondering why they did the remakes instead of a sequel:
They HAD to do remakes in order to do the sequel.
The ending of the original anime butchered the fuck out of the source material, leaving basically everything crucial out of the Eclipse. It was a messy, ambiguous clusterfuck.
The point of these movies are to basically set the stage so there CAN be more of the series adapted. The only real important part of this trilogy is the final movie, where they left everything out in the original series.
They don't need to go into super depth with these 2, it's obvious only diehard Berserk fans are going to watch these movies anyway, ones who have already seen the original anime and know bits like where Zodd through Guts the sword.
But of course, they couldn't just go and release the third movie randomly, thus the first 2 movies which do not go very in-depth.

I dug through some online sources back around the time they announced the production of the Berserk Trilogy Movie project.
There were a few quick one or two line sentences regarding a "2nd season" of the anime or a "follow-up to the anime" other than the Movie project.

The info I found said the series ended at ep 25 due to
$$$ available at the end of the 25th episode, amount of manga story available

and

with a couple quick 1 or 2 liner posts about the continuation of the story-line in animated format

might rely on possible $$$ available after profits from the Movie Trilogy.

I don't have any sources to directly quote as this was all info that came from individual's reviews of the movies on various sites.

The main thing that appeared several times was the "Production Cost of the anime franchise".
I can only imagine the budget vs profit values that the Movie produced.

I only wish that either
1 - The popularity of the movie series warrants enough funding & interest to continue the manga story-line in anime format (not in a movie format)
2 - If the above doesn't happen, then the people that decided to spend tons of $$$ on making the movie trilogy regret making the Movies instead of continuing the Manga Story Arc's in "tv anime series" format.
2a - They also get flamed nonstop by people demanding more berserk story line continuation in animated format - instead of butchering several aspects of the anime (which is near perfection) in the first 2 movies I've watched.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed the first 2 movies I've watched so far, however they in no way compete with how all the elements (story,voice acting, music score, animation) came together in the anime which is easily in my top 5 of all time series.

Apr 9, 2015 7:34 AM

Mar 2013
severen1999 said:
Is it just me that's wishing the the rumor of the anime series being picked back up (which has been around forever) will actually become a reality now after the time they've invested in making a movie trilogy?

Isn't that the plan?
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Ougon Jidaihen II: Doldrey Kouryaku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kashim - Dec 11, 2012

119 by callmethebigG »»
Apr 16, 9:27 PM

» “Memorial Edition” TV edit announced

ItzElite - Jun 20, 2022

11 by Obahoru »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:21 AM

» Berserk Movie II: the Battle for Doldrey --- not subbed yet? D:

TheMail - Nov 16, 2012

48 by Strife91 »»
Jan 13, 2013 6:52 PM

» Is my player lagging?

Wilio - Dec 24, 2012

2 by AironicallyHuman »»
Dec 27, 2012 1:22 PM

» 6.23.12 Release?

ghritke - Jun 23, 2012

13 by Blacksatanman666 »»
Oct 21, 2012 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.