MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Light Novel 'Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.' To Be Animated
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Light Novel 'Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.' To Be Animated

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
01-15-13, 3:07 AM

According to Fujimishobo, light novel "Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita." (I reluctantly decided to find a job because I couldn't become Yusha.) was announced to get an anime adaptation.

Sibuyu novel official website

Synopsis:
The story takes place in a fantasy world where the northern land of a continent has been ruled by a devil king. People who are qualified to be "Yusha" by a national exam will be sent to the devil king's land to combat the demons. Raul Chaser is the top student at the prep school for becoming Yusha when the Yusha system is abolished after one Yusha defeats the devil king. Raul struggled to find a job in the middle of the recession due to the fall of the devil king's kingdom, and finally he manages to become a clerk at a small magic item shop. One day, an applicant for a part-time job visits his shop. The girl, Phino Bloodstone, is the daughter of the defeated devil king.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. on MAL
Modified by Naruleach, 05-12-13, 11:36 PM

01-15-13, 3:08 AM

Seems like fun, I'll read the novel before watching it.

01-15-13, 3:12 AM

Did I just not notice this before oreimo or did it really start a seamingly unending trend of series with ridiculously long titles?
Anyway, this looks a tad too ecchi, but it sounds like it could be fun, probably some sort of SOL comedy if I had to guess, hope it's not just an ecchi comedy.

(PS: probably should be shibuyu and not sibuyu, I know the site says sibuyu but japs suck at romaji)

01-15-13, 3:13 AM

pathetic. reading the synopsis it's like oh ok, this could be an interesting black comedy or something like that, until "One day, an applicant for a part-time job visits his shop. The girl, Phino Bloodstone, is the daughter of the defeated devils king."
and then i looked at the official website too. it will be trash.

01-15-13, 3:16 AM

Nachotee said:
Did I just not notice this before oreimo or did it really start a seamingly unending trend of series with ridiculously long titles?

I doubt it started the trend, but I think that was the first one (or recent years at least) to get a really successful anime adaptation, so it's become really noticeable in light novels after that.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

01-15-13, 3:21 AM

I don't think that title is long enough, please add another two or three sentences.

01-15-13, 3:29 AM

Nachotee said:
(PS: probably should be shibuyu and not sibuyu, I know the site says sibuyu but japs suck at romaji)
Please refrain from using racial slur like japs in internet forum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

And I don't even know why you think it is a problem to transcribe しぶゆ to Sibuyu instead of Shibuyu. In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn). I can only guess you hold a dismissive and condescending attitude towards the ability of Japanese transcribing their own language into romanized words, and yet you don't seem to know that much about the different systems of romanization of Japanese language.
Modified by symbv, 01-15-13, 3:38 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

01-15-13, 3:33 AM

Reminds a bit of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Maybe I will watch.

01-15-13, 3:36 AM

symbv said:
Nachotee said:
Please refrain from using racial slur like japs in internet forum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Ya Learn Something New Everyday O_O

01-15-13, 3:43 AM

symbv said:
In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn).

Almost nobody in English-speaking fandom uses Nihon-shiki though. It's more a consistency thing: MAL adheres to a modified Hepburn in most cases. Dtshyk used 'shi' in the title though, so it's not really an issue.

01-15-13, 3:48 AM

jmal said:
symbv said:
In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn).

Almost nobody in English-speaking fandom uses Nihon-shiki though. It's more a consistency thing: MAL adheres to a modified Hepburn in most cases. Dtshyk used 'shi' in the title though, so it's not really an issue.
Correct. And that guy's criticism is about Japanese not knowing how to deal with romaji which I find quite condescending. Just because few in English-speaking fandom use Nihon-shiki does not mean that the way Japanese write the romaji is incorrect and they "suck" at that. Nihon-shiki is still fairly popular in Japan. I just hope people can be more humble before making criticism, otherwise it just makes it sound ignorant and arrogant.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

01-15-13, 3:50 AM

Yah this is something i probably will never watch
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

01-15-13, 3:54 AM

BigSimo said:
pathetic. reading the synopsis it's like oh ok, this could be an interesting black comedy or something like that, until "One day, an applicant for a part-time job visits his shop. The girl, Phino Bloodstone, is the daughter of the defeated devils king."

I don't know how you concluded that a LN with a training academy for heroes could become a dark comedy, the set-up is already leaning towards something in a light comedy vein. If this also includes romance then so be it, I personally enjoy it so with respect I will ignore your opinions on what is good and what isn't.

I'll judge it myself when the anime comes out, but it doesn't sound bad to me. Like PerlaNemisis said it sounds like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, and the art is looking like Seitokai no Ichizon.

01-15-13, 3:59 AM

How come all these long ridiculous title anime series, mangas and novels seem to be filled with ecchi and moe ?
Modified by SailorKagome, 01-15-13, 4:15 AM

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.

01-15-13, 4:00 AM

Will try, but I don't expect much from it

01-15-13, 4:00 AM

symbv said:
Nachotee said:

And I don't even know why you think it is a problem to transcribe しぶゆ to Sibuyu instead of Shibuyu. In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn). I can only guess you hold a dismissive and condescending attitude towards the ability of Japanese transcribing their own language into romanized words, and yet you don't seem to know that much about the different systems of romanization of Japanese language.

Is using the term "Nips" bad too?

On Topic:
They don't even need to say Light Novel in the title anymore.

"Insert LONG title, example "My sigle father became a billionaire so suddenly but he unfortunately passed away shortly after, leaving me, a teenager, rich as fuck" is getting a adaptation.

We would know its a Light Novel.

/Also, This sound almost exactly like Hagure Yuusha.

01-15-13, 4:02 AM

Kreion said:

I don't know how you concluded that a LN with a training academy for heroes could become a dark comedy.

Looking at the introduction for the five books in the website it is actually a dark comedy.

01-15-13, 4:04 AM

Kreion said:

I don't know how you concluded that a LN with a training academy for heroes could become a dark comedy

Reading at the novel introductions for the five books in the official website, it actually is a dark comedy.

01-15-13, 4:04 AM

Not bad~ *Sees character design* Will watch :)

Wtf with the title? I think it even beat the other ones so far~

01-15-13, 4:12 AM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
It all depends on whether people read it as abbreviation of "Nipples" and this is something that even people with no knowledge of history may come to recognize immediately. I guess you'll have to use it at your own peril.

01-15-13, 4:16 AM

Amarrez said:
I don't think that title is long enough, please add another two or three sentences.

Will try this out, sounds interesting enough.
RandomPerson6 said:
I poor water in a cup.

Mkay said:
"That or u can mang and mong the fuk up"

01-15-13, 4:19 AM

BigSimo said:

That much was obvious with the words "light novel." Not to mention the whole yuusha/hero thing is trending in the industry at the moment, with Summer 2012's Haure Yuusha and this season's Maou Yuusha.
Modified by Rosa_FOEtida, 01-15-13, 4:23 AM

01-15-13, 4:20 AM

symbv said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
It all depends on whether people read it as abbreviation of "Nipples" and this is something that even people with no knowledge of history may come to recognize immediately. I guess you'll have to use it at your own peril.

I'll have to take the risk then.

01-15-13, 4:26 AM

FOE-tan said:
Not to mention the whole yuusha/hero after thing is trending in the industry at the moment, with Summer 2012's Haure Yuusha and this season's Maou Yuusha.
Don't forget there is the little short anime this season named Senyu. And then there is the Ixion Saga DT from last season. Both feature Yuusha as the MC. Now comes to think of it, there are also main characters, male and female, being also called Yuusha (which is a gender neutral term anyway) in anime like Dog Days (summer season) and Mondaiji (this season).

01-15-13, 4:51 AM

Interesting

01-15-13, 4:51 AM

dem long title, dem racks, dem moe.

hmm, i'll think about it.

01-15-13, 5:08 AM

Definitely going to read this one. Got a chuckle out of the synopsis. :]

01-15-13, 5:16 AM

Is there a place I can read it? And is there an entry here on MAL for the manga? I can't find it.

01-15-13, 5:29 AM

Might be good, might not be. I guess I'll watch and find out. Premise is nice enough, but too often it doesn't quite live up to it. Let's hope this will do better.

01-15-13, 5:30 AM

The title is quite a mouthful. Took me 3 tries to say it right.
Synopsis is nothing special but I'll probably still watch it.

01-15-13, 5:36 AM

well, the setting is quite interesting, so i'll give it a try.
and yeah, title is so effin long.

01-15-13, 6:48 AM

Boobs.

I'll watch.

01-15-13, 6:51 AM

Sounds interesting I might have to watch it but I am wondering why the title have to be so long :/
Banner.jpg

01-15-13, 7:12 AM

Those long titles are getting pathetic o_O;

01-15-13, 7:13 AM

Denmark-Chan said:
Sounds interesting I might have to watch it but I am wondering why the title have to be so long :/

The common explanation I've heard (which sounds reasonable enough) is that with so many light novels competing for limited customers, there's potential advantage for titles that serve as a succinct mini-synopsis of the story's premise. Consumers can tell by that roughly what it's about, rather than if the title were just "Yuusha" or whatever.

Of course there's an element of authors/editors/publishers following a popular trend too, for sure..

Plus don't forget it feels longer if you're not a Japanese speaker. If you were used to those words and immediately knew what they meant, it would still feel long, no doubt, but would not be that big a deal to remember.

In any event as long as you learn the 3-5 syllable contraction fans use to refer to it, you should be good. Sounds like this one is "Shibuyu".
Modified by jmal, 01-15-13, 7:16 AM

01-15-13, 7:19 AM

Amarrez said:

lol XD

01-15-13, 7:24 AM

Doesn't sound interesting, but as stupid as I am, I'll end up watching.

01-15-13, 7:26 AM

Denmark-Chan said:
Besides what jmal said, which is entirely the theory I heard (and I also think it makes sense), remember it is not restricted to Light Novel. The millions-selling business book written for general public has an even longer name: Moshi Koukou Yakyuu no Joshi Manager ga Drucker no "Management" wo Yondara.

Anyway, Japanese readers tend to remember the book title by its short name, so the book I mentioned became MoshiDora, and for the LN in this thread it is known as Sibuyu.
Modified by symbv, 01-15-13, 7:48 AM

01-15-13, 7:35 AM

Talk about being meta...
Ok™

01-15-13, 7:40 AM

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SHORT TITLES IN THE ANIME/MANGA/LN INDUSTRY?!!! Seriously though, do they really think that having a long title these days will help the anime/manga to be more famous or succesful in sales or reviews?

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"

01-15-13, 7:49 AM

Eh, another long title anime. What is wrong with you, Japan? They will reduce it to 2-3 syllabes anyway.
When I see a title this long I automatically assume it'll waste of time. And there are a lot of these nowadays.

01-15-13, 7:58 AM

Piku said:
When I see a title this long I automatically assume it'll waste of time. And there are a lot of these nowadays.
Are you letting your hatred get the better of you? I counted 24 TV anime series adapted from LN in 2012 and out of the 24 there is only 1 title that has really ridiculously long title with more than 15 syllables (which is OniAi).

01-15-13, 8:12 AM

Such a long title... xD

01-15-13, 8:26 AM

Piku said:
Eh, another long title anime. What is wrong with you, Japan? They will reduce it to 2-3 syllabes anyway.

How's about short titles like C, K, and X then? ;)

01-15-13, 8:27 AM

sounds interesting to me i'll be waiting

01-15-13, 8:31 AM

symbv said:
Piku said:
Are you letting your hatred get the better of you? I counted 24 TV anime series adapted from LN in 2012 and out of the 24 there is only 1 title that has really ridiculously long title with more than 15 syllables (which is OniAi).

I just don't like long titles, especially if they are sentence. It feels like the author couldn't think of a good title.

ThangLong said:
How's about short titles like C, K, and X then? ;)

They feel really strange. But well, if they are going to names stuff like that, they'll run out of letters eventually :D
Modified by Piku, 01-15-13, 8:38 AM

01-15-13, 8:42 AM

Piku said:
I just don't like long titles, especially if they are sentence. It feels like the author couldn't think of a good title.
From what I read, it is often THE PUBLISHER who got to decide the title, and it is not uncommon to see the publisher rejecting the original title proposed by the author as they thought it would hamper sales or at least not good enough to attract sales.
Modified by symbv, 01-15-13, 8:46 AM

01-15-13, 9:28 AM

This looks interesting, at least.

I'll probably now forget about it until shortly before it starts airing.
Best selling Light Novel volumes of 2015/all time*.
*that there is data for Now updated with weekly data back to 31st March 2008!

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

01-15-13, 9:45 AM

I lost the idea that this is a fantasy story when I found out that the main girls are wearing maid outfits.

01-15-13, 9:54 AM

Yeah Ill watch this. Brainless rom-com ... always a sucker for em.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy