MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Light Novel 'Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.' To Be Animated
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Light Novel 'Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.' To Be Animated

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
01-15-13, 3:07 AM

According to Fujimishobo, light novel "Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita." (I reluctantly decided to find a job because I couldn't become Yusha.) was announced to get an anime adaptation.

Sibuyu novel official website

Synopsis:
The story takes place in a fantasy world where the northern land of a continent has been ruled by a devil king. People who are qualified to be "Yusha" by a national exam will be sent to the devil king's land to combat the demons. Raul Chaser is the top student at the prep school for becoming Yusha when the Yusha system is abolished after one Yusha defeats the devil king. Raul struggled to find a job in the middle of the recession due to the fall of the devil king's kingdom, and finally he manages to become a clerk at a small magic item shop. One day, an applicant for a part-time job visits his shop. The girl, Phino Bloodstone, is the daughter of the defeated devil king.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. on MAL
Modified by Naruleach, 05-12-13, 11:36 PM

01-15-13, 3:08 AM

Seems like fun, I'll read the novel before watching it.

01-15-13, 3:12 AM

Did I just not notice this before oreimo or did it really start a seamingly unending trend of series with ridiculously long titles?
Anyway, this looks a tad too ecchi, but it sounds like it could be fun, probably some sort of SOL comedy if I had to guess, hope it's not just an ecchi comedy.

(PS: probably should be shibuyu and not sibuyu, I know the site says sibuyu but japs suck at romaji)

01-15-13, 3:13 AM

pathetic. reading the synopsis it's like oh ok, this could be an interesting black comedy or something like that, until "One day, an applicant for a part-time job visits his shop. The girl, Phino Bloodstone, is the daughter of the defeated devils king."
and then i looked at the official website too. it will be trash.

01-15-13, 3:16 AM

Nachotee said:
Did I just not notice this before oreimo or did it really start a seamingly unending trend of series with ridiculously long titles?

I doubt it started the trend, but I think that was the first one (or recent years at least) to get a really successful anime adaptation, so it's become really noticeable in light novels after that.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

01-15-13, 3:21 AM

I don't think that title is long enough, please add another two or three sentences.

01-15-13, 3:29 AM

Nachotee said:
(PS: probably should be shibuyu and not sibuyu, I know the site says sibuyu but japs suck at romaji)
Please refrain from using racial slur like japs in internet forum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

And I don't even know why you think it is a problem to transcribe しぶゆ to Sibuyu instead of Shibuyu. In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn). I can only guess you hold a dismissive and condescending attitude towards the ability of Japanese transcribing their own language into romanized words, and yet you don't seem to know that much about the different systems of romanization of Japanese language.
Modified by symbv, 01-15-13, 3:38 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

01-15-13, 3:33 AM

Reminds a bit of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Maybe I will watch.

01-15-13, 3:36 AM

symbv said:
Nachotee said:
Please refrain from using racial slur like japs in internet forum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Ya Learn Something New Everyday O_O

01-15-13, 3:43 AM

symbv said:
In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn).

Almost nobody in English-speaking fandom uses Nihon-shiki though. It's more a consistency thing: MAL adheres to a modified Hepburn in most cases. Dtshyk used 'shi' in the title though, so it's not really an issue.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

01-15-13, 3:48 AM

jmal said:
symbv said:
In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn).

Almost nobody in English-speaking fandom uses Nihon-shiki though. It's more a consistency thing: MAL adheres to a modified Hepburn in most cases. Dtshyk used 'shi' in the title though, so it's not really an issue.
Correct. And that guy's criticism is about Japanese not knowing how to deal with romaji which I find quite condescending. Just because few in English-speaking fandom use Nihon-shiki does not mean that the way Japanese write the romaji is incorrect and they "suck" at that. Nihon-shiki is still fairly popular in Japan. I just hope people can be more humble before making criticism, otherwise it just makes it sound ignorant and arrogant.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

01-15-13, 3:50 AM

Yah this is something i probably will never watch
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

01-15-13, 3:54 AM

BigSimo said:
pathetic. reading the synopsis it's like oh ok, this could be an interesting black comedy or something like that, until "One day, an applicant for a part-time job visits his shop. The girl, Phino Bloodstone, is the daughter of the defeated devils king."
and then i looked at the official website too. it will be trash.

I don't know how you concluded that a LN with a training academy for heroes could become a dark comedy, the set-up is already leaning towards something in a light comedy vein. If this also includes romance then so be it, I personally enjoy it so with respect I will ignore your opinions on what is good and what isn't.

I'll judge it myself when the anime comes out, but it doesn't sound bad to me. Like PerlaNemisis said it sounds like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, and the art is looking like Seitokai no Ichizon.

01-15-13, 3:59 AM

How come all these long ridiculous title anime series, mangas and novels seem to be filled with ecchi and moe ?
Modified by SailorKagome, 01-15-13, 4:15 AM

01-15-13, 4:00 AM

Will try, but I don't expect much from it

01-15-13, 4:00 AM

symbv said:
Nachotee said:

And I don't even know why you think it is a problem to transcribe しぶゆ to Sibuyu instead of Shibuyu. In fact both Sibuyu and Shibuyu are correct. It's just different ways of transliteration (mostly Nihon-shiki vs Hepburn). I can only guess you hold a dismissive and condescending attitude towards the ability of Japanese transcribing their own language into romanized words, and yet you don't seem to know that much about the different systems of romanization of Japanese language.

Is using the term "Nips" bad too?

On Topic:
They don't even need to say Light Novel in the title anymore.

"Insert LONG title, example "My sigle father became a billionaire so suddenly but he unfortunately passed away shortly after, leaving me, a teenager, rich as fuck" is getting a adaptation.

We would know its a Light Novel.

/Also, This sound almost exactly like Hagure Yuusha.

01-15-13, 4:02 AM

Kreion said:

I don't know how you concluded that a LN with a training academy for heroes could become a dark comedy.

Looking at the introduction for the five books in the website it is actually a dark comedy.

01-15-13, 4:04 AM

Kreion said:

I don't know how you concluded that a LN with a training academy for heroes could become a dark comedy

Reading at the novel introductions for the five books in the official website, it actually is a dark comedy.

01-15-13, 4:04 AM

Not bad~ *Sees character design* Will watch :)

Wtf with the title? I think it even beat the other ones so far~

01-15-13, 4:12 AM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Is using the term "Nips" bad too?
It all depends on whether people read it as abbreviation of "Nipples" and this is something that even people with no knowledge of history may come to recognize immediately. I guess you'll have to use it at your own peril.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices