Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 5, 2014 7:09 AM

Jul 2012
The best episode so far.

That cinematography though!!! <3
Jul 20, 2014 2:55 AM
Dec 2012
GGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

WHY WONT YOU LET MACHIRO MAKE YOU A BOXED LUNCH. IF SHE WANTS TO MAKE YOU A BOXED LUNCH LET HER DO SO. IF SHE WANTS TO CHANGE BY HERSELF, DON'T HOLD HER BACK AND SAY I LIKE YOU WHEN YOU ONLY DO MANGA. CONTROL YOUR JEALOUSY OF HER TALENT. GAWD DAMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIT. 4/5. FAAAAAWWWWWWKKKKKKK
Aug 7, 2014 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
Jin is my hero, just wow!
And Shiina is my new waifu.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 26, 2014 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
Sparta keeps tearing Nanami's apart. It's breaking my heart ;_; It hurts so much how he keeps jumping from Nanami to Mashiro.
Sep 21, 2014 5:46 PM
Jul 2014
I am so glad Mashiro and Sorata made up. Sorata has been a total dick last episode and the start of this one as well. I guess he is to naive of a character to think rationally. Also, Mashiro looks so cut in that dress!
Nov 26, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2014
Every cat got a hat.

I love how maid-chan can have legit conversations with the freeloader.

Darn it this was the turning point where it will go towards the Shiina x Sorata direction, I was really hoping for a Nanami x Sorata.
zat-bustNov 26, 2014 2:25 PM

Dec 6, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
Sorata still a dick, honestly. If he deosn't get better soon enough I think I can call him the worst main character ever.

Anyway, I think this is the second time I really felt sad for the second girl falling for the main character, after Ami from Toradora. Honestly, Nanami is pretty cool character, so it's kinda sad that she has no real chance.
Dec 22, 2014 8:25 AM

Dec 2013
I really love this anime so far. so much idont even want to finish it
Dec 27, 2014 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
thracias said:
Sparta keeps tearing Nanami's apart. It's breaking my heart ;_; It hurts so much how he keeps jumping from Nanami to Mashiro.

I know that feel...
zat-bust said:
I was really hoping for a Nanami x Sorata.

;~; you guys have a good point; now I'm truly liking Nanami over Mashiro! Maybe Mashiro will have some more emotion later on, but Nanami's shyness is really cute. Oh well...

Down to business: This episode took maximum overfeel and put it into a new gear (if there's even a term for that). When the conveniently placed ambulance went off, that truly had me worried as well. In fact, it made me care more about Mashiro again.

Now Nanami... 'tis a shame. That promise is gonna be the big confession most likely and Mashiro and Sorata are only getting closer and closer.

Misaki and Jin -- I don't play much mind to those two but I'm sure Jin is struggling internally at some point and there's a part that Misaki doesn't understand about it all. Looks like our comedic relief is out for a while.

Ryounnosuke and Rita -- lol, that's all I can say.

Sorata's getting his chance at the presentation once again, which will definitely lead up to more excitement.

This episode really highlights how this anime makes the viewer feel along with the characters -- especially Sorata (or Nanami/Mashiro, if you're a girl). I might have actually found an anime on the ToraDora tier.

Love, love, loving it.
Jan 5, 2015 2:38 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I really enjoy this anime so far. The only thing that bothers me is that someone will end up heartbroken and depressed. And that episode shows me that I'm right. I'm cheering for Nanami too but I don't want Shiina to end up being left alone. I'm afraid Nanami will be stereotypical character that will never confess to MC and Sorata will be too blind to notice her feelings. Rest of characters have satisfying action going around them. I like and understand Jin struggle. Hopefully this anime will pull off a good ending.
Jan 22, 2015 11:30 AM

Dec 2014
Mashiro's distinct personality/character is becoming more visible, as she spoke in a manner very unusual from her for second time. Most likely it's due to her emotional side which she recently established. So far it only emerged when Sorata is mad at her. Interesting development.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 17, 2015 1:09 AM

Jan 2010

This is a small nitpick, but I purposely stopped paying too much attention since I'm really not liking the drama. I think it was in the last episode where Christmas was stated o be around the corner. Out of context, I wouldn't have been able to tell. It continues to look like perpetual spring with the characters not acting any differently with regards to the season. Of course, the characters themselves are acting differently, and it conveniently occurs during the time of the year where we're supposed to be nice to each other.

I somewhat get the reasons behind the characters' actions, but I'm honestly not paying much mind to it. The back-to-back flips between fast comedy and hard drama just seems insincere, and I feel that if I were to really pay attention, I'd just end up disliking the show as a whole. I don't want to dislike this show, as it feels like it's trying its damn hardest to do whatever Toradora did.

Comparatively, Toradora seemed to flow better and knew how to separate its comedic and serious moments. While I could argue that Sakurasou does comedy better, it suffers whenever it tries to be serious. There's too much explanation about what the characters are feeling. I can't feel for the characters when I'm already being told what to feel, and while I know that other shows are guilty of this as well, Sakurasou makes it too obvious by how the explanations are emphasized and the hard shifts in tone highlighting them.

This is actually quite strange. Normally I'd enjoy listening to characters talk about their thoughts, but this just isn't working. I suppose it doesn't help when Shiina, who is the soft spoken expressionless doll-like character, has constantly talked and expressed emotions from the earliest of episodes. The setup is taking care of a helpless, attractive, and amazingly talented girl who has no common sense to speak of, and thus must be taught not just how to dress herself, but to feel emotions including love. This reeks so much of intentional waifu bait that I'm tempted to rewatch other romance/comedy/drama shows I've seen to check if I unconsciously missed anything.

Sakurasou is a show I want to like, especially since it's rated so high. I'm a firm believer that every show has its own merits, and when a show is rated highly, there should be something that allowed it to draw a crowd, even if I'm personally not part of that crowd. I think that this show gets its strength from its eccentric comedy, it's nice art, and from drama enthusiasts eating up the different personalities headbutting each other, but even then I don't know. It makes me feel like I'm not "getting" the show when I'm actually watching. When I get invested in the comedy - and I do like the comedy - the drama serves as a brick wall to crash into. When I get invested in the drama - and some of it actually works - a comedic or fan service scene pops up and prevents me from taking anything seriously. I've seen complains before of various shows starting off as comedies before nosediving into drama, but I actually like those setups. There's a constant flow that doesn't change its course, and it works much better than running and breaking nonstop like an excited teenager's first time trying to drive a car.
ShockedApr 17, 2015 1:14 AM
May 9, 2015 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
yay for mashiro

feels for aoyama

that ending... feels for misaki and damn jin

well, next ep will be nice for sorata it seems
May 17, 2015 4:27 PM

May 2014
Gah, it bugs me so much that Sorata is obsessed with Mashiro basically being a robot and working with no regard for anything else. But once she starts developing personality and character, he doesn't like her as much. Who the hell feels that way?

Anyhow, I also don't like ED as much as any of the other OPs and EDs in this series. The song is nice, but the animation is really bland and repetitive, especially when compared to the other ones.
Jul 1, 2015 8:55 AM
Apr 2015
794 said:
Gah, it bugs me so much that Sorata is obsessed with Mashiro basically being a robot and working with no regard for anything else. But once she starts developing personality and character, he doesn't like her as much.
I wouldn't use the term "dislike" here, I think he's more confused about it. Especially that the festival seemed to be a catalyst for their feelings. Not mentioning the fact that he doesn't want Mashiro to fail due to her sudden change.

Heh, the teachers drowning their Christmas Eve sorrows were... cute? Same goes with Rita's and Maid-chan's catfight.

For me Jin doesn't pull any casanova bullshite right now, he rather doesn't feel mature enough for Misaki, no matter how silly it sounds.

As for Nanami, well, she rose the romance death flag this episode. There's no chance she'll get through the February audition and confess her feelings. That said, my ship was sunk. :(
Aug 23, 2015 10:48 AM

Mar 2015
Aww shitttt Nanami have to watch through that confession scene. That hurts a lot.

Nanami is really cute in this episode.

Sep 15, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
God the guys in this anime annoyed me this episode... except for Ryuunosuke, he's awesome even with less screentime xD
Sep 15, 2015 2:00 PM
Jul 2015
Gator said:
God the guys in this anime annoyed me this episode... except for Ryuunosuke, he's awesome even with less screentime xD

yeah sorata is annoying .. but still love mashiro and sorata
Nov 2, 2015 11:02 AM

Jun 2015
How beauty is winter, in anime xD
Mar 20, 2016 5:31 AM
Mar 2016
I was absolutely furious after episode 13, and I was reaching boiling point when Sorata had yet another hissy fit at Mashiro when she was trying to make up with him early into episode 14. Everyone keeps saying "Sorata is a very realistic character. You can't blame him for acting the way he does." OH YES I CAN. Call me a cliché but a man who makes a girl sad or cry is trash in my eyes. If I saw this scenario play out in front of me, I'd punch the guy involved in the face. Even if they were my best friend. Get a grip! I think that's the problem with Sorata here. There is no one properly correcting him. He doesn't see his own mistakes, and no one helps him realize. He's the generic ignorant MC with added douchbaggery on top. Even if I were in his shoes, I'd NEVER take it out on someone. No one deserves that kind of treatment.
Mar 28, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
Like many others I found Sorata growing rather annoying recently. I mean I relate Sorata but damn, you gotta get over these things, man.

Also, stop getting your hopes up so much. An industry like that will destroy you if you don't suck down a bit of modesty, as new as you are to the art of game design.

Still an all-around good episode. I feel bad for everyone.
Apr 17, 2016 6:44 AM

Feb 2016
Perhaps it is not really the characters here (Sorata for example) that is the problem but the whole play out of the episode in general. I think it had potential, but generally speaking it was really just a montage of verbal exchanges between characters that really didn't develop the characters as much as it should have. Certainly not the worst episode but definitely not the best in my opinion.
May 19, 2016 8:08 AM

Jul 2013
Sorata is so balless that i wonder if he was going to get the cats neutered but actually got neutered himself.
Jul 17, 2016 2:30 AM

Mar 2015
I'm baffled by some of the things I'm reading on this thread, and that's saying something...

As @s2012k1993 correctly pointed out, Jin and Sorata are in love with Misaki and Mashiro but yet they feel like they'd inhibit their potential if they were to confess to them. They are other reasons of course (like Jin's inferiority complex) but this is the primary one.

Maybe they're wrong. They surely are. But that doesn't interfere with the fact that they really don't wanna cause trouble to Misaki and Mashiro, hence why they reject them, at least on surface. They do so cause they sincerely care for them, something that one could argue is the very proof of their sincere love towards them.

They're not 'shitty' or 'ballless' characters. Actually, they're pretty well-written.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 24, 2016 1:47 AM

Feb 2014
SO am i understanding this wrong but. when Misaki said she wanted Jin to hurt her, i'm assuming she meant take her virginity.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Aug 2, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
Are Japanese men really this dense?

I just don't get Jin, like I'm trying to understand his logic but it just makes no sense to me.

I feel like this show is trying too hard to force the drama, while when I watched shows like Toradora I felt like it was more natural and flowed well with the story. I don't know I watched this show specifically because I wanted a rom com/drama but I'm just not feeling the drama so far.

Judging by the way this show is going I don't think this will happen but I think Nanami is a better choice for a relationship with the MC, it just looks like the only thing mashiro has got going for her is her helplessness while not her fault and I do enjoy her character I just don't see a romantic relationship there with the MC, she seems more like a little sister than anything else. But the direction seems pretty clear at this point Nanami is obviously the 'other' girl.

I don't hate this show in fact I want to like it but I just think the drama could be better. Well just have to see how the remaining episodes go I guess.
Jan 9, 2017 8:58 PM
Jun 2016
Poor Aoyama :"(. I don't understand the hate about her at least its not she is not planning a revenge against Shiina x Mashiro. I'm definitely fine with Aoyama x Kanda because Shiina is MINE! BwaahaHahahaha
Jan 22, 2017 11:04 PM
Jan 2017
Mashiro is so lovely.

I don't understand Jin, though. Anyway, more Ryuu and Rita, please~
Jun 25, 2017 1:44 PM

Nov 2016
Dang it. This anime makes you cry out of happiness and sadness at the same time XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2017 2:49 AM

Aug 2014
I've started to like this ending song "Prime number" more with this episode :) The endings in this anime are much better than openings ;]
Mashiro is not a bad girl, actually she is cute, but I still think Nanami is much greater.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 20, 2017 5:49 PM

Nov 2016
Misaki being nude brought confessions to another level xD

Not much to say, besides that it was a festival of feels again, Mashiro was able to convey her feels, it was so simple,but that's what made it so great.Some tears were shed :'(

And while I'm rooting for Sorata and Mashiro I can't deny my frustration over Nanami in the friendzone :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 1, 2018 9:16 PM
Jan 2018
I honestly don't see what make mashiro and nannami fall for mc. If I were there I will stiles both girls from him. He doesn't deserved them. Go die stupid dumb mc.
Apr 18, 2018 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
This whole episode is a master class in story boarding and writing. Take notes.
Oct 10, 2018 11:49 AM

Feb 2017
I am glad Sorata and Mashiro made up, but I feel really sad for Misaki.
Feb 1, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
Damn i cried for all 3 girls. Fuck Sorata.
Aug 17, 2019 1:29 PM

Nov 2017
Great episode. I like how everything was set up. The scenes where everybody was thinking the same things were executed nicely. Everyone seems to like somebody, but can't actually say it
Nov 5, 2019 6:01 PM

May 2017
Well that what you call drama ep , so much talk aboit relationship yet none moved one, elcept one one , this one moved ! But not the good way 😅
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Feb 22, 2020 11:54 AM

Feb 2017
God I hate Sorata, what a fucking jerk. He's always so resentful and unforgiving of his friends and yet does nothing for them.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Apr 26, 2020 6:16 AM

Mar 2020
Very nice episode , love it. 5/5
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scuderia1615&sclick=1]
May 13, 2020 7:49 PM

Mar 2018
Aoyama and Mashiro are really well written, good characters.

Aoyama is the one who stands out for me tho.How she has to handle her monthly expenses and how she takes care of her own life is admirable.I still can't forget that "I couldn't pay my cell phone this month..." line.It was such a relatable and powerful line for anyone who knows the student life in another city, far from home.She handled Sorata's half-confession to Mashiro in such a classy way too.Nothing but respect for her...

Word on Sorata, he is a trashcan.He doesn't deserve the love of Mashiro or Aoyama at all.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Jun 2, 2020 5:08 AM

Oct 2010
I saw many idiots in anime but sorata and jin top them on all levels of idiocy and retardation, you name it. I hope the girls end up with other guys, these 2 should not reproduce.
Ryu is ok
Dec 1, 2020 8:14 PM

Jul 2020
Another 5/5. Nanami is piling up the hype for a certain episode where everything will explode. Mashiro is cute and amazing but not an option.

That ambulance scene was amazing. Very shocking, remembered me to the Ilicic case because of the pandemic. Luckily there was nothing.

Team Nanami papaaaa
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Mar 7, 2021 6:45 AM
Oct 2020
Sorata was an asshole for 2 episodes and got rewarded for it? Fuck that, I'm done with this anime. There is a different between a dense MC and and a cruel one.
Mar 20, 2021 12:40 AM
Mar 2021
I love its a good anime and I would recommend to watch
May 8, 2021 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
about after ED scene
JIN U F'ING COWARD
May 20, 2021 10:03 AM

Jun 2020
It's finally time for Christmas for the Sakura dorm, I really dislike when Sorata gets mad at Mashiro and seeing Mashiro feel down

Mashiro really looks gorgeous with that dress of hers it really fits her like a glove and I love it and her for that, nice to see Sorata x Aoyama scenes in this episode, NO I won't believe that Mashiro got into an accident thank god

These Mashiro x Sorata moments can't make me more satisfied enough, But Sorata please don't be mad at this cute little angel she's trying her best to getting the hang of it, poor Misaki tho.
Apr 28, 2023 11:01 PM
Mar 2023
this is gonna end bad for nanami
May 27, 2023 11:31 AM

Dec 2022
Another great episode
Sep 9, 2023 10:32 PM

Sep 2022
Didn't know that Misaki-senpai was a bit of a masochist. Also happy that Sorata's work got accepted for "Let's make a game" and that both Mashiro and Nanami are willing to help him out.

I think both Mashiro and Nanami are in love with Sorata. It makes it even harder for Sorata to decide who he wants to be with.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.