3It was OK
6.3%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.4
48 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2008 6:41 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awww it was nice how it worked out, but I feel kinda bad for Kelpie. But lol, 'Mate with me' XD

Yay Mamoru Miyano finally gets to say more then one line!!! I'm curious about the Prince, but not really sure what was meant by the 'After becoming a woman?' line. Was it a mistranslation, meant to be 'Because you're a women?' or something?
Nov 27, 2008 10:24 PM
Dec 2007
Aww I love engagements! And poor Kelpie... I can't help but feel bad for him.
Nov 28, 2008 11:26 AM

Aug 2007
Omg... mating time! He's so hott<3

The episode moved a bit fast, but it was okay coz Edgar is so hott<3

When Nico stood up, spread his arms and announced, I'm opeing a portal back to the human world! I loled. So adorable<3

Lydia looks great in dark red ^o^

Otherwise boring!!
Nov 28, 2008 1:04 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was a bit too quick, but still interesting.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 28, 2008 1:11 PM

Apr 2008
It was a nice episode =)
I love Edgar x Lydia and all that xDD Although Edgar's emotions weren't that great in the first part =/ But the second was awesome, so...
The moving so fast is what's bordering me... It passes so fast from a subject to another... =/ But let's see now with the Prince.. It was nice seeing Ermine and knowing she became a selkie and seeing her with the Prince... I'm curious about the why...
Nov 28, 2008 1:40 PM

Jun 2008
can i take Kelpie away? nobody loves him in this anime T_T abandoning him for your own safe-being, nice going Lydia =/ *hugs Kelpie*
Nov 28, 2008 1:45 PM

Aug 2007
Takai said:
can i take Kelpie away? nobody loves him in this anime T_T abandoning him for your own safe-being, nice going Lydia =/ *hugs Kelpie*

I love Kelpie=3

But... smexy blond Tamaki look alikes are also so nice...
and raven has his dark mysterious appeal with pretty eyes...
Even Paul is cute O.o

This anime is bad for my health...
Because my Real name is Lydia... so hearing all these awesome characters go on about "Lydia Lydia Lydia" makes me melt xD

I did feel bad for Kelpie in this episode though... He saves his rival in love... and in the end Lydia breaks his promise with him. I wonder if we'll ever see any female water horses that he says are so violentxD~ I suppose he must have had bad experience with one.
Nov 28, 2008 5:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Bluesnow said:
Takai said:

This anime is bad for my health...
Because my Real name is Lydia... so hearing all these awesome characters go on about "Lydia Lydia Lydia" makes me melt xD

LOL

This series is surprisingly getting good!
I seems the prince is related to that hellhound that appeared in the earlier episodes...and that blond guy is not the prince? And is it just me, or Ermine turned into a selkie after death? OMG bit plot twist....

Kelpie's character is priceless. "Mate with me" *smack*
wakka9caNov 28, 2008 5:57 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 28, 2008 6:23 PM

Nov 2007
I was kinda disappointed with how Edgar quickly recovered...

glad he's ok though :)

LydiaxEdgar is soooo cute ^_^

I wonder if the Fairy World has Fairly Oddparents

badumtish

Ermine kinda looks like Saya at the very end ^.^
Nov 28, 2008 8:25 PM

Jun 2008
i am rather curious about Ermine.. not only is she not dead, but not human anymore either o.o

i still can't get over how Lydia ditched Kelpie after taking advantage of his powers :(
Nov 29, 2008 12:36 PM

Aug 2008
I love Nico! He's my current favorite character, simply because I have a fetish for stuck-up cats. He looks sooo cute when he eats and drinks like normal people. >.< That's not his real form right? i wonrder what his real form would look like...

Nico aside, one of my favorite scenes in the whole series was when the two little fairies were like "Please have a son soon." and Edgar goes "You heard them Lydia." I screamed because I was so happy. Thanks to Edgar and his lines, I finally know what it means to "tremble with excitement". :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2008 9:13 AM
Nov 2008
i kinda feel sorry for kelpie...i still don't understand some things..like..sometimes edgar seems to be totally in love with lydia..then lydia seems to be too buit the next sec she says he's lying..and then he accepts smth like that...wtf??
Dec 1, 2008 2:53 PM

Apr 2008
Takai said:

I love him too! Kelpie, i want to mate with you! *___*
XD

Dec 1, 2008 5:08 PM

Feb 2008
this show is starting to sicken me. the back and forth is just getting on my nerves. shes too weak to lay down the law, both of those guys are way too persistent.
Dec 4, 2008 10:14 AM

Oct 2007
poor kelpie :( I feel bad for him.
Dec 4, 2008 3:56 PM
Oct 2008
Not to bad of a episode i rather enjoyed the way the love story is going and they are not making it seem like they are going to stretch it out for the rest of the epsiodes bringing back some of the adventure will be a nice touch
Dec 4, 2008 11:57 PM

Jun 2008
awwww.. poor kelpie.. i mean.. he helped save edgar and in the end.. edgar just took back lydia from him... awww.. oh well... are they actually getting married?
Dec 6, 2008 3:20 PM

Oct 2008
poor kelpie got screwed over by Lydia damn skank going back on her word >< his line was friggen awesome though "mate with me" lol

Nico should be skinned though for helping edward out and then Lydia have her head shaven for breaking her word to Kelpie...
Jan 8, 2009 2:13 PM
Jan 2008
Poor Kelpie, his line "mate with me" was so rad!!! Edgar though deserves a chance to. The storyline is getting even better. I thought it was going to be boring but it has been so good and it is turning out to be one of my favorite animes so far.
Jan 10, 2009 9:52 AM

Jun 2008
Faust87 said:
Takai said:

I love him too! Kelpie, i want to mate with you! *___*
XD

yessssss <3 <3 <3 ^.^

Feb 11, 2009 9:30 AM
Jul 2008
lol... ''i want to mate with you'' lmao... jokes... i rili like kelpie but they make him seem like such a bad guy... Poor thing...

I think at this point its established how attractively cunning edgar is. I love him!!!

Why does lydia keep pushing everyone away? what was she thinking when she agreed to marry a horse? of course its all about hay and mating... lmao.
Jul 12, 2010 5:39 AM

Dec 2009
Am i crazy or Ermine looks a lot like Saya from Blood+
Aug 21, 2010 4:07 PM

Apr 2010
I think Ermine looks funny. And poor Kelpie~
Jul 14, 2011 9:12 PM

Jun 2009
Awww poor Kelpie!!! He deserves a happy ending.
At first I thought Raven would like Lydia (silly thought) but I guess no...
I like Edgar and I don't really understand why some people don't I mean he's so charming!!! :D
Feb 20, 2012 10:11 AM

Dec 2009
I'm mad, Lydia should have stayed with Kelpie. Edgar even used her dad as an excuse for her to come back to the real world when in fact he wasn't even worried.
Oct 19, 2013 11:19 PM
Aug 2011
It's okay Kelpie because you're still better than the MC no matter what anyone says.
Aug 17, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2012
"A kelpie's blood will lose it's effect if it comes into contact with the air." ..... then shouldn't it have already lost its effect? just saying, he bit his finger and blood welled up on it, which went into lydia's mouth, allowing it to come into contact with air. even if it hadn't then. every time lydia spoke, air would have hit it...

while i do feel sorry for kelpie, he still kinda had it coming with the way he almost forced lydia to join him in the fairy world. despite that though, it is pretty awesome of him to play it cool and wait for her to get her stuff done in the human world instead of trying to force her to stay.

so, ermine was turned into a selkie when she fell from the cliff? selkie are seals that shed their skin to appear as human women, not the other way around. she does have fae blood in her, just like raven, so maybe to dormant blood activated when her life was in danger? i guess we'll find out in later episodes.
Feb 10, 2015 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
Lolz this series is just laughably terrible even for shoujo standards,genuinely feel bad for girls who actually like this crap...
Aug 23, 2017 9:12 PM

Jul 2016
I really cannot stand Edgar...-_-
I would've dropped this a while ago if it wasn't a part of a watching challenge.
At least Raven is cool and Kelpie is somewhat entertaining.

This show isn't even following it's own laws...They can't just break magic promises ffs
Sep 8, 2017 6:38 AM

May 2010
Whoa, engagement already? That went fast lol. Mating scene with Kelpie would certainly be more interesting than this :>

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 6 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

31 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 5 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 4, 2008

35 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 4 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 31, 2008

41 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:07 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 14, 2008

57 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 30, 2023 12:11 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yosei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sheepdude - Sep 29, 2008

90 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.