Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 12, 2013 6:26 PM

Mar 2012
This series isn't going to be the best of the season and it might end up on the forgettable part of the spectrum, but it's enjoyable so far. Masuzu is clearly the troll type, but like Chiwa, I expect her to have a history that's worth digging into. Chiwa also is starting to look like the type who's always cheerful on the outside with a lot of stuff hidden on her mind.

Too bad this series does come off as potentially becoming a generic harem series at times. Hopefully it doesn't degenerate that far.
Jan 12, 2013 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dam, that guitar scene with Chiwa was so cringeworthy.
Jan 12, 2013 6:44 PM

Mar 2011
A bit boring, but better than the first episode
Jan 12, 2013 6:50 PM

Oct 2012
At the end when Masuzu said she found the "reason" that Eita and Chiwa stayed friends for so long, was it supposed to be love?

Jan 12, 2013 7:09 PM

Oct 2010
GrandPhantasm said:
Ikaros_Fan said:
i might be the only one, but meh....i really dislike masuzu, he should just tell her to fuck off and not give a crap about what she does with the notebook, maybe my opinion on her will change, but as of now, she is a bitch.

You have terrible opinions. Please refrain from posting from now on.
Jojo girl is the best.
ok....so what right does it give you to tell me whether i should post or not? and how is my opinion terrible? because i think she is a bitch for black mailing him? yea of course she is gonna change and become more likable, but as of right now....she is a bitch and i despise her my opinion can/wlll change but there is only two episodes....sooooo...yea.
Ikaros_FanJan 12, 2013 7:36 PM
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Jan 12, 2013 7:50 PM

Oct 2012
Trying to like Masuzu, but at the end I was like "hey you bitch!"
Jan 12, 2013 7:58 PM

Oct 2012
I really bealive Masuzu likes him. She read the whole notebook and fell in love with him.
She is probably a tsundere and thats why she is black mailing him, so she can be close
to him, even if she doesnt admit it to herself

I can be wrong and she is just super bored and starting to play games, either way this anime seems fun, and I'll denitely watch it

PS: The little funny girl loves him too probably
Jan 12, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
This anime still hasn't interested me much but I hope it will start to intrest me more soon.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 12, 2013 8:53 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
To somebody who has read manga so far, is it better or worse? Or the same?

The anime is basing off the light novel.
But the manga is better at the intro in my opinion.

The guitar scene felt forever in the manga, and i hated it not because it wasn't funny but i hate people embarrassing themselves in that way. Kinda biased but the anime was shorter.
Jan 12, 2013 9:08 PM

Nov 2008
I like Chiwa, but in the end, I'd rather see him end up with the fake girlfriend. I like her much more.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 12, 2013 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
ehh still slightly as boring as the manga but not bad lack of music for a majority of the episode added to that too
Jan 12, 2013 9:20 PM

Apr 2009
so in the end, this second episode showed that this show really is nothing special.. all the hints of good execution i saw from the first episode was not present here.. but hey, i actually like this genre and want more SHURABA.. go ahead with the other two girls already.. i'm not seeing as much shuraba as the title and the 1st ep promised with the way this is going.. i mostly want to blame the osananajimi for not being honest.. she would have made this entire thing more of a SHURABA with just a confession or giving more hints to the protag.. instead, she went with the generic choice of holding back and redirect her interests towards other things.. also, it was disappointing that the protag is dense because i thought the last lines he said to himself in the 1st episode meant that he had a clue about his osananajimi's feelings.. Masuzu was awesome for moving the show further because she's quite the manipulative b*tch but that little activity of bullying Chiwa by making her act foolishly was too unnecessary and invites hate towards her character..

i just want more SHURABA plz..
argiliumJan 12, 2013 9:24 PM
Jan 12, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2009
This episode was hilarious, and I laughed the whole way through~ XD The osanajimi loli became less annoying, which was very good, since I thought I would definitely hate her in the first episode. Masuzu is such a troll.. but I really like her somehow. This is already turning out one of my favorite animes of the season~
Jan 12, 2013 10:12 PM

Jan 2013
Dat Ragnarok level-up BGM.
Jan 12, 2013 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
JoJo reference was good for publicity since the anime itself is doing crazy awesome right now (the rating jumped from 7.34 to 8.03 to 8.34) in little under a month, so good publicity is always welcome. Other than that, quite the boring episode.

If this anime doesn't get any better, I will probably push it on hold, and then there will be a time I will never bother watching it ever again.

3/5 for JoJo reference.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 12, 2013 10:49 PM

Aug 2008
Characters seem so generic but atleast i guess the brightness of the animation is a plus i do hope masuzu falls into the depression stage when the mc doesn't take notice to her or w/e :s but i think its safe to say more people hate her than like her.
Jan 12, 2013 10:50 PM

Feb 2012
WTF happened to this episode? The show suddenly became boring and less good.
The premise was good but wtf, really, second episode? what happened?

The show went down a notch for me. This episode was very uninteresting to look at. Even the interactions were a little bit fucked up. /sigh

I just hope the next episode will turn out good.
Jan 12, 2013 10:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Eh, not bad. At the beginning of the episode I was thinking about dropping it. But by the end I decieded to keep watching.

The MC is best character so far.
Jan 12, 2013 11:00 PM

Dec 2012
gonna keep watching there are way worse this season.
Jan 12, 2013 11:09 PM

Mar 2010
It's not bad,but it definitely isn't great. I'm getting a bit of a Senjougahara vibe from Masuzu. Probably just me though. Weird.
Jan 12, 2013 11:17 PM

Aug 2012
Man, that embarassment. Was twisting and turning in my seat as I watched.

Not bad though.
Jan 13, 2013 12:12 AM

Feb 2012
Was a fine episode.

And... Derp Masuzu. Wtf A-1?
Jan 13, 2013 12:13 AM

Dec 2009
Ikaros_Fan said:
i might be the only one, but meh....i really dislike masuzu, he should just tell her to fuck off and not give a crap about what she does with the notebook, maybe my opinion on her will change, but as of now, she is a bitch.
vaikepois said:
ugh hate her so much

ihateeveryone said:
Masuzu is a bitch.
Pettersson said:
Is it just me that wants to punch her really hard?

felipekorbes said:
Trying to like Masuzu, but at the end I was like "hey you bitch!"

Pretty much this ^
I honestly don't like her character, she has the "I'm better then you so fuck you" type of attitude imo, but her character is quite generic and we can all easily expect things such as...
1. She will play pranks on the other girls that are interested in Eita.
2. Possible character development in her becoming a "good" person for Eita.
3. Ofcourse, she will want to turn the "fake" relationship into a real one.

I can also predict that all the girls that are interested in him will figure out that it is a fake relationship. 'duh.'

as for Chiwa Harusaki, its hard to see that Eita and her will get together.

I hope this anime wont have a Harem ending and I'll be rooting for Ai Fuyuumi
Jan 13, 2013 12:13 AM
Aug 2011
Loved this episode.

I wonder if all the people complaining is actually a SAMEFAG, since I recall plenty of shitty harems from last year, getting better feedback.

Masuzu is so awesome, she's a bit of a bully, but I like her more now.

Chiwa's guitar scene was hilarious as fuck.
"I refuse to act like a slut"
What a good loli

5/5
Jan 13, 2013 1:14 AM

Dec 2010
Guess the type of character Masuzu has is usually a hit or miss, after all i can think of a few of the top of my head that have similiar personalities yet are liked quite a bit overall. Well oh well, still enjoying this series for what it is.
Jan 13, 2013 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
Ha Good Episode as always cant wait for more

SephiriAzure said:
I like Chiwa, but in the end, I'd rather see him end up with the fake girlfriend. I like her much more.

Agreed...
AlexGK said:
Why the heck is Harem missing as genre in this show?

Ha Ecchi + Harem in this anime = :3
Jan 13, 2013 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, I noticed that the OP song's title "Girlish Lover" could also be some kind of wordplay on "girly shuraba" Well played by whoever thought of the song title.

As a Chiwa supporter, that scene was a bit painful to watch. Even when I was reading the manga adaptation of the novels, I thought that was a rather sadistic prank Masuzu pulled on her. But the plan backfired a bit on Masuzu if she expected to drive her away with just that. No, Chiwa's plucky persistence is one of the things I quite like about her.

I'm not so happy about the (apparent) huge disadvantage Chiwa has against Masuzu. Though it may not be really that big of a disadvantage considering the special attention Eita gives her. Evidently, from that scene where he asked her to be more careful, and when he was explaining to Masuzu why he still bothers with her. She's also got that underdog charm bonus too.
Jan 13, 2013 3:07 AM

Aug 2011
Still liking this series because of the male lead.

I'm actually pretty fine with Masuzu but seeing her jealous for a split second was priceless.
Jan 13, 2013 3:57 AM

May 2010
Haha..Nice!
Jan 13, 2013 4:43 AM

Feb 2012
chanotek said:
Still liking this series because of the male lead.

Apart from it being A-1, I think this is why I'm watching it.
Jan 13, 2013 5:01 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad I picked this up, A-1 is doing a really good job on this so far. I can easily imagine how this could've been horrible. Masuzu is probably not faking it anymore, it was that obvious. Comedy is great so far, I'm looking forward to seeing the other characters.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 13, 2013 5:40 AM
Apr 2011
LOL at Eita when Masuzu read the Diary....
It remind of "Chuunibyo demo Koi ga Shitai" when Dekomori read Nibutani Diary.
This Anime is the best for this Seasion.... ^_^
Jan 13, 2013 5:56 AM

Aug 2012
I hope we see a change in Masuzu behavior soon or I'll drop this
Jan 13, 2013 6:06 AM
Aug 2011
Liph said:
I hope we see a change in Masuzu behavior soon or I'll drop this

Don't count on it. In anime like these there's not a lot or sudden character development
Jan 13, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2011
Best of this season yet, except for the sequels ofc.
Jan 13, 2013 6:47 AM
Jun 2008
give more to tell on it give masuzu being bit sneaker yet chiwa being jumping in that all really yea chiwa very determine.

so masuzu idea make a club oh mention note stuff give eita a bit freak out yet give chiwa a guitar case which chiwa spin the case around.

yet masuzu wonder how chiwa still keep all determine give eita said before chiwa used to want get in kendo til injury happen to her but yet she find something else in to keep chiwa all determine.

& hearing it masuzu wonder how til eita fall for masuzu?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jan 13, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2012
I like where this is going. All routing for Childhoodfriend.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 13, 2013 7:55 AM
Jan 2013
To all those stating their worthless opinions and facts, hurr it's boring, it's bad, w/e, please stfu, it's quite subjective. Keep your tastes to yourself
Jan 13, 2013 8:48 AM

Sep 2008
Picked this up because Tamura Yukari (aka Nanoha) is doing a non-loli role (Masuzu).
Akasaki Chinatsu (Nibutani Shinka) does the loli role which is where I'd expect Tamura Yukari, ironically.

I also have a thing for sadistic girls and voice acting when it comes to anime. Not brilliant but somewhat amusing to watch so far, and feels better than the beginning of OniiAi and Kono Naka Imouto.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jan 13, 2013 9:33 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
argilium said:
also, it was disappointing that the protag is dense because i thought the last lines he said to himself in the 1st episode meant that he had a clue about his osananajimi's feelings..
Same here.
Jan 13, 2013 10:43 AM

May 2012
ahh Chiwa somehow pitied her when masuzu played a prank on her.
Cant help but thinking this is gonna be like Kono Naka for me... in the beginning intersting and in the beginning boring
Jan 13, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2011
Hmmm, better than last time, I enjoyed it, especially Chiwa with the guitar, and also Masuzu's cruelty.
Signature
Jan 13, 2013 1:31 PM

Oct 2012
i like it...

Jan 13, 2013 1:53 PM
Oct 2012
That was kinda off, but its gonna be great. Well I hope so
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
Jan 13, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
After a promising first episode, the second disappoints all the more. The only saving grace was the sadistic personality of Masuzu and her love for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Which is currently airing in Japan and you should all watch if you want to be considered a serious anime/manga fan, by the way.
NidhoeggrJan 13, 2013 4:36 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 13, 2013 6:57 PM
Feb 2011
tsk tsk, quite a bit of shallow watchers here :p

Red_Keys said:
To somebody who has read manga so far, is it better or worse? Or the same?

I read the novel; yes it get better.

I'm only post a few spoilers. Please don't read them if you want to continue watching and finding out for yourself

a partial reason of why Masuzu did what she did

supplementary info that cannot be captured by subs:
Masuzu shrewdly named the club as 自らを演出する乙女の会 (Mizukara wo Enshutsu-suru Otome no Kai) - Society for Bringing Out Your Maiden Self, or something similar to that effect.
She then abbreviated it to 自演乙 (which is read as Ji-En-Otsu).
Ji-En-Otsu is a term that originated from 2ch and happens to be the abbreviation of something else, i.e. 自作自演おつかれさま (Jisakujien Otsukaresama), literally meaning 'Good Job/Thank You for Your Charade/Pretense/Play Acting of your self-written, self-directed, self-acted script'.
If you know the 'back-alley' meaning of Ji-En-Otsu (which any native watcher will know right away), this series becomes a little more interesting and gets a little bit more depth.

The entire series is shrouded by Ji-En-Otsu, and the entire Shuraba premise is built upon Ji-En-Otsu, since

Right now, in episode 2, we see Chiwa doing a Ji-En-Otsu (pretending to be able to play a guitar)

Jan 13, 2013 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Chiwa 'playing' the guitar and saying "Rock and Roll!" was hilarious! xD I just love how Masuzu is so manipulative. Lifting up her skirt and letting Eita see her panties was so daring of her. Man her face when she said 'you're my boyfriend now' was scarily awesome!
Jan 13, 2013 8:31 PM

Sep 2012
Why is getting hit for something that's not his fault funny?

I swear anime pisses me off with that shit. It's fucking obnoxious.
Jan 13, 2013 10:36 PM

Mar 2008
Red_Keys said:
Why is getting hit for something that's not his fault funny?

I swear anime pisses me off with that shit. It's fucking obnoxious.

Totally agree! That's the only thing that irks me in these harem type shows. The male lead, 9/10 does not deserve to get hit!
Jan 14, 2013 12:53 AM
Jul 2011
Not bad. When Masuzu organize club she was like character from Utakoi. Scene with guitar case was funny, and final scene was very cute. ^_^
8/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.