Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 25, 2014 9:11 AM

May 2014
So that's Yayoi's past. The new OP and ED are not bad but I think the first ones were better.
Aug 27, 2014 2:24 AM

May 2013
I thought this was a weird time to put a flashback/backstory but it's k.

It was nice to see more of the other character's pasts.

Yayoi sounded so naive and just really close minded. The whole time Rina was talking about the glaring problems of the Sybil system, Yayoi just wanted to sing on stage. I guess it's more realistic this way, a person not giving a shit about the world around them as long as they get what they want. It was nice finding more about Yayoi but to me, she definitely lost likeability.

Sybil System is so fucked up. Something this extreme existing in this world could only have been the result of bits and pieces of the Sybil system slowly being implemented into their world over a lengthy amount of time. We can see how fucked up the system is from the start but the majority of the people in Psychopass don't, probably because they lived with it for long time. It's just like what Kougami said to Yayoi in the truck, people get accustomed to it.
Aug 27, 2014 2:18 PM

Jun 2010
So the Sybil System decides to throw you in jail and call you a criminal because you like to listen to shitty grunge music? Not gonna lie, guys. That's pretty weak.

This whole Sybil System is so stupid and flawed that even an infant could point out what's wrong with it and I get it "the government's corrupt" blah blah blah. I wasn't born yesterday I've seen this shit before but in most stories about a corrupt government, they usually try to be a little bit more subtle than this and even then if this thing doesn't do any good and in fact has done nothing but made things worse, what fucking good is it and why would anyone go along with this? The human race can be naive but we're not this stupid. It's the same sorta problem I had with the film Equilibrium, I don't buy that we as a race would decide to just give up our emotions. Sorry ain't fucking buying it. The sybil system should be a top secret conspiracy or something, not well known and explain to the public.

The stupidity of this system and how everyone reacts to it takes me straight out of this anime. Well, that and how generically stereotypical these characters are and how generic the setting is

This anime better get read good real fast because I'm really close to dropping it a lower rating than the 6 I'm giving it and then just go watch Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex instead. Characters are way cooler, it's far more original and the music's done by Yoko Kanno
SolidPayneSep 4, 2014 8:23 AM
Sep 1, 2014 9:51 PM

Mar 2012
"Invailid" user? Sybil system is drunk.
Sep 13, 2014 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty nice backstory! We got to learn more about Yayoi, I like her more now.

vigorousjammer said:
Pknoctis said:
Yea this new OP sucks compared to Abnormalize.

For sure.

Yeah, I kinda agree :/

At least new ED is pretty, but even that isn't as good as 'Namae no nai Kaibutsu'...
Oh well.
removed-userSep 13, 2014 4:24 PM
Sep 28, 2014 3:03 AM

Sep 2011
Can I just mention how good the English dub for this anime is? It's really something, although japanese names in an English dub can be awkward at times, and it's hard to remember those names.

So more flaws of the cybil system is being shown here. I really do like it. And yayoi's character explanation is pretty interesting. Before this episode i didn't give two shits about her, but now I do.

Why did they change the opening/ending though? It was fine as is :(
Oct 7, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2014
I love backstory episodes, filler or not. Didn't like the new OP though :/
Oct 27, 2014 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
I like backstories and all, but dafuq you gonna put it after that awesome previous episode. Not cool Psycho-Pass, not cool. Also, new ED and OP do not compare to the first ones.

For the episode, Yayoi is not the enforcer I wanted to get more backstory on but oh well. I wonder how listening and socializing with unauthorized bands can cloud your psycho pass. Fuck the sibyl system. It was pretty obvious who was instigating those anti social movements or whatever they called them. I wonder if it's a little foreshadowing and Rina will show up in the future.
Nov 1, 2014 4:43 AM

May 2013
So new OP and ED. I like the old OP way more than this one. I also like the old ED just a little bit more.

Hmm, Yayoi backstory featuring badass Sasayama and Inspector Kougami.
So Rina, who's anti-Sibyl, escaped. I wonder when Yayoi will kill her.

Recently, we found out that people are against the Sibyl System.
Heck, even Makishima is against it. Let's see how Akane, being the MC, can change that.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 6, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
It was nice watching Yayoi backstory! And also discovering how Sasayama was.
Nov 17, 2014 3:01 AM
Oct 2014
tbh i think the first OP was so much better /:
good to learn more about yayoi though
Nov 17, 2014 4:07 PM
Dec 2013
wow great episode really like Yaoi now sooo much better than Akane
here's hoping for more character-focused episodes
Nov 20, 2014 8:21 PM

Oct 2013
I normally dread flashback episodes because I find them incredibly dull and hard to get into, but this was actually a very cool episode. However, I agree that putting it after the last episode was probably a mistake.

The fact that Rina escaped unharmed means she'll most certainly show up later.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 21, 2014 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
A deserved peek into the past of one of the Enforcers..
Yayoi is just beautiful.
Shizuka Itou <3
Nov 22, 2014 10:30 PM

Jan 2014
Noo! I miss the previous op and ed..
This episode was the weakest so far.
But still, there were some cool moments.
Dec 17, 2014 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
That was an interesting back story, I didn't expect her to have been in a band, pretty cool.

I didn't like the new OP and ED as much as the old ones ;______________;
Dec 18, 2014 6:52 PM

Aug 2011
Wasted potential, but I don't think it deserves the hate some of you are giving.

Storywise, I think it did an excellent job of pacing and relating back to season 1. The 1st season explained what the sibyl system is and how it evolves by using criminally asymptomatic ppl, this sets up the background when season 2 takes it to the next level about ppl who are not recognized and the fact that sibyl cannot judge itself since it's a collective entity.

However, the presentation and character development is what kills this show. Kamui is a bit forced as the antagonist, I mean, a body of sewn corpses that somehow manages to retain every personality? really? I get he is there to express the idea sibyl is basically the same thing but still...

Then we have the nerf'ed cast, Ginoza became a blank character after all his struggles to retain his psycho pass was in vain and became an enforcer, Masaotaka and Kogami is gone, Mika is a whining bitch, Togane started off cool but turned out to be a sissy with mother complex, Aoyanagi had great potential (Could develop from the fact she killed an enforcer in season 1) but the show decided to kill her off in ep4 for some lingerie fanservice(?) yayoi and karanomori remained as side characters and get no development whatsoever

Only redeeming character is Saija Jouji, which I hope we'll get more of him.

The journey to the end is not bad, some good fight scenes and philosophical questions to discuss, I even get some minor death note vibe when it was revealed that kamui was among them all along, but the ending ruined everything and was inconclusive
im4eversmartDec 18, 2014 6:58 PM
kek
Feb 17, 2015 1:32 PM

Dec 2007
I like the old opening. This one doesn't seem to fit with the theme of the anime. The Sibyl system is dumb. I thought it only read the crime coefficient of one person. Taking the average when there are two people is dumb because criminals can easily take hostages. It should just measure whoever you're aiming at.
Mar 6, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't expect backstory after such a crazy episode but whatever, I think I can finally remember Yayoi's name. Akane, Kougami and Makishima are the only names I actually remember for the characters
Jul 13, 2015 5:43 PM
Apr 2015
Some Yayoi development. Surprised to see a flashback episode considering what happened before. Now to continue where the main plot left off.
Aug 6, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2015
Great to see some Yayoi backstory. I wonder if she ever gets to resolve that whole issue with Rina? I wouldn't mind seeing another episode about Yayoi in which she gets to stop Rina from whatever she's doing with all those molotov cocktails.

Of course, I don't like the Sybil system, and I understand its flaws, so I agree with characters in the show that are completely against it. But at the same time, some of those people who appear to want to do something about it also seem like they really get off on the idea of blow stuffing up and killing people. It's weird. Kind of parallel to using Enforcers to stop bad guys and do some good, I guess. It might take some real criminals to take down Sybil and save the world. ★4/5
Aug 6, 2015 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
What bothers me in this episode is that Rina Takizaki has male vocals when she performs that reminds me the previous OP "abnormalize" by Ling Tosite Sigure. Is she transgender or what? Yayoi has some interesting sexual orientation.
Aug 14, 2015 6:46 PM
Feb 2015
WOW New OP and ED
The OP is all in English! ZOMG!!

Now the actual episode.. We get to see Yayoi Kunizuka's past and how she became an enforcer which is nice.
Aug 16, 2015 11:05 AM

Dec 2013
An episode all about Yayoi.

New OP & ED are pretty good. I don't know which Opening I like better, abnormalize or this one.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 29, 2015 4:08 PM

Nov 2009
New opening is awesome, miss the 1st ending theme now though, but on the episode itself was pretty good getting Yayoi's episode but I thought they would have followed up the last episodes climax.
Sep 11, 2015 7:51 PM

Apr 2015
Summarizing the plot that this thing is taking all the enemies that are coming up are bad and now we have a protagonist who is unable to do something in a situation like that, really people like that.
Oct 21, 2015 9:16 PM
Dec 2014
In retrospect, I think this episode was quite pointless.

While doing searches about Psycho Pass after I finished the whole thing (someone's obsessed), there was an entry in the wiki that said Urobochi did the scripts for all episodes except ep 12. The ep that immediately came to my mind was this one and I was right. No wonder it seemed so out of the blue considering Yayoi has little to no significance to the series, and backstories that span a whole ep seem to be out of character for the show.
Nov 1, 2015 5:02 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
nice char dev ep

Jan 7, 2016 3:48 AM

Dec 2014
I just raised my rating of this from 8 to 9. This episode was my favorite so far. It introduces many interesting ideas and details. Hospitals replacing prisons to rehab criminals and the psychological torture of never knowing if your psycho pass will clear up. This is then used to manipulate the" patients" into behaving. And we find out no one ever does get better in there.

There's also the concept of authorized artists. How art can turn you into a latent criminal. I particularly identify with a punk band being non authorized. I was in a L.A. hardcore punk band in the 80s. If SYBIL existed back then we would have written songs about destroying it. I'm sure the music we played would have clouded my psycho pass.

And the recruitment of a new hunting dog and how they recruit them "become one of the takers!"

This series continues to get better. And it started out very good. I didn't think it could get much better, but to my pleasant surprise it has. It continues to dive deeper into the social and psychological affects of a society who can Be judged instantly and without question by a computer program.

This series could earn a 10 out of 10 from me. That rarely happens from me. I hope it does.
Jan 7, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2014
DefMos said:
Didn't expect backstory after such a crazy episode but whatever, I think I can finally remember Yayoi's name. Akane, Kougami and Makishima are the only names I actually remember for the characters

That's funny. I was just telling my wifu while watching this I have a hard time remembering their names. I think out might be a cultural bias for me. Being American I know English names so it's probably harder for me to remember names I am unfamiliar with. I do know all the names of some other animes so I'm not sure out it's that or I haven't watched this long enough. Interesting we both thought about this during this episode.
Jan 10, 2016 5:21 AM

Feb 2015
PREQUEL TIME! I dig the hell out of these types of flashbacks.

I wonder what Kunizuka did to be institutionalized in the first place? Unless doing her nails shot her score up?

Seeing Sasayama alive and in action was cool too as he is your usual tough, yet kind of dumb when given orders fellow. Would'nt like him if he was in every episode, but nice to see what Kogami's old buddy was like.

Most the time, the heel turns in anime are predictable but I totally didn't see Kina being part of the terrorist cell.

The one person I've kept asking to be fleshed out got fleshed out here, so I'm happy as a lark.
Jan 13, 2016 11:04 PM

Dec 2015
Cool character setup.

Not sure how I feel yet about the new OP and ED.

Yayoi uses Ernie Ball slinkies!? Awesome.
Feb 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Apr 2012
LOAD said:
Young Gino is so hot...

Current Gino is too! Flawless since birth
Feb 13, 2016 7:02 AM
Jan 2012
good episode. A lot of new informations about characters. I like story of singer.
Mar 13, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2015
Not a big fan of the new OP. Also a little confused about Yayoi getting a back story since she isn't really a large character in any of the episodes. Anyways looking forward to getting back on track with episode 13.
May 20, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2010
Kind of random flashback? I was expecting to see what happened next with Akane lol. But well, finally more screen time for Yayoi. Cool to see Inspector Kagami XD
Jul 7, 2016 6:20 PM
Apr 2016
Really? A good episode? This is the 2nd shyttiest ep. Ep 11 being the first one (really? can't shotgun the guy? Dumb mc is dumb. She just blindly aimed wtf) and at this ep, she was given a gun that does not even work. She was betrayed for the love of God but later on be like "ohh.. Enforcer enforcer I want to be one ohh ohh" I expected her to be really pissed but no. Anime logic went over 9000 on this one. Characters are getting shyttier each eps.
Aug 21, 2016 5:50 PM
Jun 2010
Now I see why Shougo killed that Sasayama bastard. Who's he to judge the musician as "Don't go wasting your life half-assing something you don't have a talent for?"? Sibyl judged his talent as something so he has to stick to it? Hell no.
Feb 3, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2016
This episode was all about Yayoi its sounds like Yaoi xD....

Well the beginning was kinda slow but I loved the new OP, Kogami sure tricked her and that guy was the enforcer who was killed during a misson and Kogami was held responsible for his death he sure was crazy like they said.
Mar 7, 2017 1:04 PM

Sep 2016
loved how yayoi's laser pointer bounced around so realistically in her presentation
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Apr 19, 2017 9:38 AM

May 2010
;so did Yayoi's got clouded because of performing only one concert with that blue-haired girl? Well damn.
Jun 21, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2013
The Sibyl System is full of holes <:/ Sucks.
I thought Yayoi would've gotten mad that the gun didn't work for her but I guess not haha. Hope she gets to resolve that problem with her musician friend Rina ;X

I can't help but think Masaoka looks like Ichiya from Fairy Tail lololol
Sep 2, 2017 9:54 PM
Sep 2016
the previous OP and ED will be missed
Sep 4, 2017 11:34 AM
Jan 2012
Very nice flashback episode. I wonder what happened to Rina during the three years gap.
Sep 11, 2017 6:21 PM

Jan 2017
Abajur said:
Trash episode. Horribly boring. Terribly framed. New OP is also garbage, seriously, again the ED is better than the OP (music wise, visually both are bland).

This one of the weakest episodes in the series but it's just a back-story episode for a not very important side character so it's not a big deal. The main story episodes are so much better.
Sep 11, 2017 7:31 PM

Jan 2017
Abajur said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
This one of the weakest episodes in the series but it's just a back-story episode for a not very important side character so it's not a big deal. The main story episodes are so much better.
I swear I thought it was someone telling me that the "real" second OP starts next episode. Yea, I agree, every other episode was way more entertaining than this one. Still it kind feels like a waste of time.

i prefer the second OP tbh. it looks cool from a visual standpoint and the song is awesome.
Sep 11, 2017 7:59 PM

Jan 2017
Abajur said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
i prefer the second OP tbh. it looks cool from a visual standpoint and the song is awesome.
Music wise I prefer the first ED (then the second ED), but I would agree that visually the second OP is the best.

both are good and well made. i didn't skip them when i binged the series.
Dec 27, 2018 11:20 PM

May 2016
The new sets of theme songs for the second half caught me off guard that's for sure. They're nice though, especially the new opening. Sasayama's a cool loose cannon so being aware of how he died was sad.

Yayoi's past as a musician was interesting. She only wanted to have fun with the one person who was kind to her but once she got out, she found out that she's involved in very dangerous business with all that anarchic aspirations. The Sibyl System might be a dangerous and oppressive way of judging what can't be truly judged but setting fire to everything with Molotovs just isn't the way to go. She completely let go of her guitarist past after leaving the nail polish and strings in her cell and that's kinda bittersweet...

Feb 21, 2019 7:04 PM

Dec 2018
What she said about the Sybil system seems true for a lot of governments/bureaucracies in their own ways. Good episode, kinda sad.
Mar 22, 2019 3:49 PM

Nov 2016
So we got a backstory dedicated to Yayoi. Don't think they necessarily needed a whole epidode for it, but it touched upon an interesting topic and showcased how the system is nothing more than a farce. Some flaws also became more evident.

Not a fan of the new opening :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.