Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2013 9:22 AM
Sep 2012
I'm really glad that the enforcers are going to be fleshed out because we don't really know anything about them. It's about time for character development. Hopefully they don't stray from the main plot too much though.
Jan 12, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah old op/ed were better and yeah I was kind of.... confused that this episode took place after such a big event in the main story, but this is still without a doubt the best anime of the season, and I can't wait for the next episode!

كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jan 12, 2013 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
i loved the old op and ed, but the new ones aren't that bad.
besides that i enjoyed this episode. it was kind of odd to see a flashback, but as long as they don't make pointless fillers, it'll be okay.
Jan 12, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
The OP and ED choice in this show isn't my style really, I did kind of like the old ED though.
I expected more about Kagami but instead we got a flashback. It was interesting to see how she got her position but we might get to see some more backstories as well. I'm really looking forward to the main story though.
loliowoJan 12, 2013 11:03 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 12, 2013 11:08 AM
Oct 2012
This episode was pointless it made no sense to me on how everything plays in, sure it may be back story but they could have made the episode at least some what entertaining, I was expecting to see how things would play out from episode 11 with Akane =\
Jan 12, 2013 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
They'd better have something amazingly provoking/brutal/gorish for Sasayama death flashback. Seeing him in this ep kinda rendered him a-hole, not to mention that he did act kinda in lines with what you'd call a latent criminal :/ Hopefully his character will be a little more explored, or we'll see him murdered so brutally that it won't matter :D
Jan 12, 2013 11:39 AM

Jun 2012
jaredross said:
pointless filler episode

Yes because character development is filler...

Either you're trolling or, idk >.>
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 12, 2013 12:57 PM

Feb 2012
jaredross said:
pointless filler episode

You're so lucky to have seen episodes 13-22 already! I envy you!
Jan 12, 2013 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
Looks like that they're low on budget or maybe this opening is not final because it shows us some recap. Hey where's Namae No Nai Kaibutsu, I loved that song. Is it me, but this new ending song is boring. Maybe I get used to the new stuff .

But don't get me wrong, this episode was good, because we finally get to know who Yayoi was before. I also think that we might get other episodes like this, I would like to know who was Masaoka and Kagari before they became Enforcers.

And yeah, Kougami's partner looks a little bit insane.

Overall:8/10.
Jan 12, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
Previous opening and ending was so much better. :(
Jan 12, 2013 4:43 PM
Dec 2012
Good episode. At least we get some background on Yayoi and her past as a musician. I can see the anime continually puts the Sibyl system in a different light despite the messages voiced by automated machines as seen in the rehab facility. I also get the feeling we will see Rina later on to tie things up with Yayoi. Sasayama was an entertaining character and it was good for the anime to get some cover on him in the episode. I can only wonder where things will go from here.
Jan 12, 2013 5:11 PM
Nov 2012
I liked the old opening and ending better...I also wanted what happened after yuki not yayoi's past life
(/\/\) Have to wait another week ugh
Jan 12, 2013 11:55 PM

Mar 2009
I enjoyed the bit about Yayoi's back story a lot. It was a much needed break from the intensity of the previous episode. The material was a nice breather from the insanity and it revealed more about the bleak dystopian world. The idea of being able to pursue your passion as an artist within the Sybl system sounds like a dream come true. Until you discover that very thing leads you to having a cloudy psycho-pass and being institutionalized for the very thing you love. Telling an artist they can no longer create art is just cruel. Also, we learned that those sent into "treatment" rarely recover or get worse-- to the point of being executed! Add to that the fact people who do manage to live as dictated by Sybl often go into a vegetative state due to a lack of stress is messed up. Of course that information is kept hidden from the general public, another rotten aspect of this society. Under those conditions being an Enforcer doesn't sound too bad. Though in the end it seems as if Yayoi has given up music for good since her encounter with Rina.

On a side note: I'm surprised to hear people saying the dead Enforcer is an asshole. (I can't tell if you guys are being sincere or extremely sarcastic.) When Kogami mentioned him to Akane he did more or less say he was an asshole. The guy was said to be brash, reckless and a total womanizer, i.e. he wasn't a nice person but he didn't deserve to die. Showing him as anything else but a jerk simply wouldn't make sense.
Jan 13, 2013 11:47 AM

Mar 2010
It was weird to go from AKB0048 S2 to this. XD Anyway, I'm starting to like Yayoi. Hopefully, this means we'll see more of her. I miss Akane, though. I really want to know what will happen to her. The new opening seems wrong for this kind of show, I could see it in something more action-y but not in this.
Jan 13, 2013 12:00 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
i totally agree with resistance... this Sybil system is just retarded... people have no freedom at all there.. the moment something system doesent like you think or do.. u get rehabed or shot down..
Jan 13, 2013 12:19 PM

Dec 2012
Is it just me or since Rina doesn't seem to get caught by the police she might show up again but as another plaything of Makishima
Jan 13, 2013 12:32 PM

Aug 2011
Oooh didn't expect this episode on Yayoi! She was always the most mysterious character of the police force to me, I even made the mistake of thinking she was an Inspector because of how formal and silent she's been in previous eps. I really appreciated this insight in to her past, instead of what I was expecting about Sasayama and the events leading up to his fate. A whole ep without Akane, I miss her now.

New OP and ED was... different. Both songs seem to give the feeling of hope and justice. Is this really where Psycho-Pass is heading with its 2nd season, with less horror and more happy conclusions? I didn't like the OP song, it didn't fit the overall vibe that the show had built through the past 11 episodes, thus I think the direction has changed. I enjoyed the ED song much more than I expected, however I think both of them are terrible compared to the first OP and ED.
Jan 13, 2013 12:47 PM

Nov 2011
Liked this episode although wasnt really expecting an episode entirely about the past. But this one sure brought something that was needed to Phycho-Pass, and that is some insight on how normal people were dealing with this all Sybil stuff.

To be honest, I'd like some more „people rebelling” kind of action.

On the other hand, quite surprising that Yayoi has been an enforcer for longer than Kougami. And was quite surprising to see how Sasayama actually was. These things made me look at Kougami from a very distinctive point of view. First of all, Sasayama was a kinda difficult person as it was shown here. For Kougami to care so much about him says a lot. I mean, I don't know if we can think of what happened to Sasayama as "shocking" given how he used to act... Secondly, it must have been hard and weird as hell to be , basically, degraded to enforcer and put among the older enforcers who knew him in a very different position. Changing these rank relationships must have been quite something for him.

I wish they would emphasize these aspects along the future episodes, or else Kougami as a character will lose a lot of credibility and reason.
Jan 13, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
Dat new OP, dat Engrish. Meh, not as good as the first.

That whole facility kinda reminded me of Aperture Science in a way. Brainwashing everywhere. Pretty good way to start the second season. Nice bit of back story we got there!

Jan 13, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2008
I really enjoyed this episode. Loved the change in perspective. I think it's great that they're still fleshing out the world even after 11 episodes. Can't get enough of it. For some reason, I'm getting this quiet intense feeling from the episode and fully expect them to carry it on probably to Sasayama's death. It'd be interesting if they stuck with Yayoi as the central character for the remainder of the arc. She's really growing on me.

silver_huskey said:
Though in the end it seems as if Yayoi has given up music for good since her encounter with Rina.

She hasn't given it up. If you rewatch the second episode I believe it is, Yayoi is reading some sort of magazine on music. In the sixth episode, she is listening to music while Shion was explaining to Akane the case that got Kougami demoted. There were references to her love for music throughout the early episodes.
NeoBaschJan 13, 2013 2:14 PM
Jan 13, 2013 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
Dat new OP, dat Engrish. Meh, not as good as the first.
One thing I can' agree with you is even though the Engrish and maybe not as good as OP1 stays as respect to your IMO, I got to admit that OP2 makes me have the MOST fun of singing around for fun. It's all English that is easy to just shout out and sing.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 13, 2013 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
Cibeles said:
Is it just me or since Rina doesn't seem to get caught by the police she might show up again but as another plaything of Makishima

Probably.
Jan 13, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2012
lol after the initial drop, score is back up to 8.35.. Hell yes
Jan 13, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
HauntingShock said:
Good new OP. ED is good too except for the visuals~ but I might get used to it and start to like it later.

Enjoyed the whole episode as a whole :D
Well you can't go wrong with the spoiler
delicious clean no credits Akane is delicious.

One thing though, WTF at her chest size. I though she was DFC or not that much. Oh well too bad.

Did anyone else notice that

At least, that is what I thought of when I saw this and the Public Safety's logo.
Jan 13, 2013 8:03 PM
Aug 2012
OH I Finally understand this episode......
Did anyone notice the Made in USA part, It was the string of guitar that yaoyi keeps on asking while she was in the rehab

She left it behind, after choosing to become a enforcer
Jan 13, 2013 8:07 PM

Oct 2010
misspinkredroses said:
Yumekichi11 said:
HauntingShock said:
Good new OP. ED is good too except for the visuals~ but I might get used to it and start to like it later.

Enjoyed the whole episode as a whole :D
Well you can't go wrong with the spoiler
delicious clean no credits Akane is delicious.

One thing though, WTF at her chest size. I though she was DFC or not that much. Oh well too bad.

Did anyone else notice that

At least, that is what I thought of when I saw this and the Public Safety's logo.
My impression was OH WOW NICE FIND! They indeed use the spirals in the sense and I am with you on that but what strikes me is Akane's colour being more pale to perhaps represent the ivory of the staff itself and its purity.

Can Akane really make the system better or one that is better? Can she improve it or will she destroy all together? That is one heck of opening your statement proposed and I am willing to go till the end of this series to know that possibility. Can Akane really change all?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 13, 2013 9:17 PM

Mar 2010
I personally enjoyed the new OP and ED. I think both the old and new ones fit their respective parts of the anime - the first one being used to set the stage that we're now exploring in the 2nd season. I mean, I thought the OP had the same feel of the show, but unlike the first one which seemed to focus on Akane and Kougami's relationship really, it seems to be saying "Hey, shit's about to go down now and it's game on."

As for the episode itself, it was decent, not as nice as the others or my favorite, but if they expand on it by elaborating the past of the other characters while telling the viewer more and more of how Sybil is flawed, I think I'll let it past. However, it was nice to see Psycho Pass explore a character's past and to show us how Sybil is just flawed (I mean, basically pursuing a dream is not sane unless something predetermines that you'll get enough? That's really flawed, and sets up the system to only favor those who have natural talent or percieved natural strength versus someone who can get better or at least, grow over time. And well, a lot of folks would be detained as it showed in the episode).

It seems like Sybil's aims to control or maintain a system that can't be controlled - that is, just being human in general. I know, in an earlier dialogue, they mentioned suppressing stress and emotions by the system, which in turned caused a disease where that very thing causes people to be ill and die? I could be wrong with that, but that was striking that theme of maintaining the status quo was subtle, but in this episode. And that's what I really love about show - it's really fleshing out what would happen if we let something control our human experience.

It just really seems passion, stress, or basically, an expression of human emotion or human experience are against Sybil's programming aim. However, isn't that flawed in itself? Plus, the main villain is obviously abusing this flaw. And that's just damn genius.

I'm excited for this show. It's been one of the best shows that have come out lately and every episode is decent. This and Magi are great. <3
CounieJan 13, 2013 9:26 PM
Jan 14, 2013 9:58 AM

Feb 2012
I liked the first opening and ending better, but the episode itself was enjoyable.
Good to find out something about their past. I'd like to know more about Masaoka, too.
Jan 14, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2011
Why are we suddenly looking at the backstory of this girl.

I don't care about this girl at all. She's fodder. Should've just left her in the background like she's been all this time instead of wasting time trying to characterize her.
Jan 14, 2013 1:51 PM
Aug 2012
DraconisMarch said:

I don't care about this girl at all. She's fodder. Should've just left her in the background like she's been all this time instead of wasting time trying to characterize her.

Its not waste of time...
Probably if this guess is right
we might see Rina vs Yaoyi next probably played in makishima's entertainment again
Jan 14, 2013 2:02 PM

Nov 2009
I will say that Rina was acting according to Maki-chan's plans and manipulations. Then, when she and her group was not needed anymore, he disposed of them. Shuusei said that Sasa-chan died as well as other people - 12 or more or less, i don't remember. So, Sasa found out something, got captured and killed.
I hope enxt episode is still a flashback. I'll dying to know what happened >.<

I wanna see it. Everything. It'll be beautiful ;_; xD.

My stupid babbling.
Jan 14, 2013 4:26 PM
Jan 2013
DraconisMarch said:

isnt it obvious? so that they could kill her off at the and...
Jan 15, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
akihimesama said:
DraconisMarch said:

Geez, sooo positive....<_<

I don't think that'll happen necessarily more so than I think they're slowly setting up the new 'villains' in the plot, namely her old friend, Rina, and her band of musical 'rebels' against Sybil, as it were. I'm figuring Yayoi's role is gonna be a little bit more prominent as her old buddy probably pops back into the picture.

Either way it wasn't totally expected, yet it's good to kinda get a fill of the lives of the other Enforcers or at least understanding what made so-called 'latent criminals' in the eyes of Sybil system.
MsDivaJan 15, 2013 9:00 PM
Jan 16, 2013 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
I like the new OP, especially the line: "because I feel I can always show my everything to you."
It was nice to see inspector Kougami, Gino(his hair!), Sasayama, and Yayoi handle the case. I think my favorite part is Kougami showing Yayoi the strings and her reaction to it. I can't wait to see how Akane is doing.

Jan 16, 2013 12:25 PM

Nov 2012
Continuity of the season... wasn't what I expected. And probably not in a good way. I really didn't like the fact we don't know anything from Yayoi, thus making it even hard to notice any lines she has said or actions she has taken and then, BAM!!!!, a whole block of information about her in one episode, suddenly we're supposed to treat her like a personality and understand her issues. Not a very smart move from the producers since the episode about her has still preserve my previous opinion about her - non-existent.
I'll also join the people who said the OP and ED were disappointing. It doesn't have that energy as the previous OP, the song isn't bad, but it isn't anything special as well. It's a plain "ok".
But the animation... God, just those cracked mirror effects, technical animation shit, movie strips going across the screen in a chaotic manner - I really hope people in charge of OP were on cheap drugs, because I cannot imagine 30-... year old people working on something you must present to masses and thinking, "Aaaahw yeah, let's put on some half-transparent layers of thoughtful-looking characters on the screen.
God.
That looks SO cool."
It just gives of the feeling the animation of the OP serves as a huge compensation for the lack of energy that was on previous OP's song.
I have faith that the next episode will be fine though. At least I wish it will turn out that way.
Jan 16, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2012
Continuity of the season... wasn't what I expected. And probably not in a good way. I really didn't like the fact we don't know anything from Yayoi, thus making it even hard to notice any lines she has said or actions she has taken and then, BAM!!!!, a whole block of information about her in one episode, suddenly we're supposed to treat her like a personality and understand her issues. Not a very smart move from the producers since the episode about her has still preserve my previous opinion about her - non-existent.

I'll also join the people who said the OP and ED were disappointing. It doesn't have that energy as the previous OP, the song isn't bad, but it isn't anything special as well. It's a plain "ok".

But the animation... God, just those cracked mirror effects, technical animation shit, movie strips going across the screen in a chaotic manner - I really hope people in charge of OP were inhaling air freshener before working on it, because I cannot imagine 30, 40-... year old people working on something you must present to masses and thinking,
"Aaaahw yeah, let's put on some half-transparent layers of thoughtful-looking characters on the screen.
God.
That looks SO cool."

It just gives of the feeling the animation of the OP serves as a huge compensation for the lack of the said energy that was on previous OP's song. This just doesn't feel fresh anymore.
I have faith that the next episode will be fine though. At least I wish it turns out that way.
Jan 17, 2013 1:38 AM
May 2012
MsDiva said:
akihimesama said:
DraconisMarch said:

Geez, sooo positive....<_<

I don't think that'll happen necessarily more so than I think they're slowly setting up the new 'villains' in the plot, namely her old friend, Rina, and her band of musical 'rebels' against Sybil, as it were. I'm figuring Yayoi's role is gonna be a little bit more prominent as her old buddy probably pops back into the picture.

Either way it wasn't totally expected, yet it's good to kinda get a fill of the lives of the other Enforcers or at least understanding what made so-called 'latent criminals' in the eyes of Sybil system.

Wow, we're just wasting time to see the flashback episode! I mean bad news!

JafriZinJan 17, 2013 2:14 AM
Jan 17, 2013 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
episode ended and i still don't understand - WHY YAYOI BECAME ENFORCER? :\
Jan 17, 2013 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
JeffreyZin said:

I could ask the same thing. I'm getting a little confused with how they distribute the episodes. They left us in a cliff hanger with 11, made us get interested in a flashback and now they leave that memory alone to return us to the present again? I can't help feeling like I'm being pushed around in a labyrinth, I hope this was like One Piece and they had a thousand episodes to show us before the ending.

I think Yayoi became an enforcer because she saw how her freedom would be taken from her if she went back to the...what do they call it? That hospital like thing? As an enforcer she's allowed to play music all she wants and she has a chance at meeting Rina again.
"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 17, 2013 7:52 AM

Oct 2012
akihimesama said:
DraconisMarch said:

This ^ LOL.If they really kill her off I'm gonna laugh

Jan 17, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
New OP sucks. The ED isn't as good, but doesn't suck.

The episode did add some depth behind the Sibyl system which was great for them to do, but I don't quite see why we needed a backstory episode about Yayoi. It was something they surely could have handled in a brief segment of an episode. Unless Rina and co. build up to having roles later in the series then it was more filler than it needed to be.
Jan 17, 2013 7:19 PM
May 2012
Attanus said:
I think Yayoi became an enforcer because she saw how her freedom would be taken from her if she went back to the...what do they call it? That hospital like thing? As an enforcer she's allowed to play music all she wants and she has a chance at meeting Rina again.

I don't know, Asylum or some sort?

Death_Acolyte said:
akihimesama said:
DraconisMarch said:

This ^ LOL.If they really kill her off I'm gonna laugh

Stop sayin that!! You don't wanna know! I'll be damned IF it's gonna be a betrayal or something!
JafriZinJan 17, 2013 7:23 PM
Jan 18, 2013 3:00 AM

Apr 2012
Attanus said:
JeffreyZin said:

...and arrest and imprison/kill her?
nice motivation - let me play guitar and i'll betray everyone
Jan 19, 2013 7:15 PM

Apr 2012
Aw snap, I liked the old OP and ED better :(

Also, it was interesting to get some background info on Kunizuka. To be honest, I think it's sad how little we hear of the others on the team. All we ever hear is Akane-this, Kougami-that. Let's flesh out the rest of the cast a little, yeah?
Jan 20, 2013 4:45 AM

Nov 2012
cladinpink said:
All we ever hear is Akane-this, Kougami-that. Let's flesh out the rest of the cast a little, yeah?

I wouldn't mind if Yayoi's story was presented more convincingly.
Jan 24, 2013 1:59 AM
May 2012
oh-no said:
I wouldn't mind if Yayoi's story was presented more convincingly.

Yeah but will the flashback episode continues soon?! Who knows since it's been out-of-place till it gets me confused & anxious sometimes (I want to know what happened to Rina then IF it is)...
Jan 24, 2013 5:35 PM

Jun 2012
new opening *w* but i prefered the 1st one
Jan 24, 2013 11:06 PM
Mar 2009
Not really liking the new OP and ED...

Obligatory Yayoi's backstory episode. Felt out of place though especially what happened last episode...

Sasayama is just about as rude as I thought he was gonna be, haha.

I still don't see Yayoi as having any semblance of a personality. She played the guitar, was in a band, and then confronted her best friend. Okay...?
Jan 25, 2013 10:01 PM
Apr 2012
New OP and ED suck compared to the first OP and ED. Good Episode.
Jan 26, 2013 6:54 AM
May 2012
I think I just lost my focus despite what happened during episode 11 till they'll return to regular story later for no apparent reason.
JafriZinJan 30, 2013 11:28 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.