Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I liked that cool band in the beginning and the new OP!

Anyways, I also liked seeing a lot of Yayoi this episode. I didn't know she had friends from a band. I liked the latter half of this episode with the dominators. After watching the episode, Yayoi is one cool chick imo :3
Jan 10, 2013 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
So it's about that ponytail woman joining the team?

New OP was interesting, liking it more than the previous OP. Singer of previous Zetsuen no Tempest OP. ED was ok as always. I wonder if that ex-band member of hers be appearing later (I mean it's useless to introduce just for background story because I don't think it's not solved: she escaped!)?
tsubasaloverJan 10, 2013 6:20 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 10, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2011
Dang. New OP and ED.
I miss Abnormalize.

When we are expecting the continuation on what happened in the last ep... we get a background episode of Yayoi instead!

I didn't expect that being addicted/dedicated to something can cloud your hues as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2013 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
Every episode makes me hate Sybl even more. I think that's the point though ;)

Dug the new OP

Wish it was more focused on the main plot, but I guess we get that next episode...
Jan 10, 2013 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
yeah iand more about Sasayama he seems just as badass as Kougami is Later on XD
Jan 10, 2013 10:27 AM

Jan 2013
The new OP is awesome :P
so that's how Yayoi became an enforcer
Jan 10, 2013 10:56 AM

Jun 2012
I don't mind backstories as long as they relate to the overall plot whether it shows us actions that affect the plot itself or how characters make choices. This week's ep with Yayoi while cool and shows us more into the Sibyl System did neither. I don't want to call this episode pointless but they leave us on that cliffhanger from last season and then choose this story to tell?

I did like this episode though, we got a different look at the Sibyl System through a group of musicians trying to rebel against the system. There was one line in particular that really startled me near the end when the criminal calls the Inspector fascists. In a sense he is totally right, replace the Sibyl System with a dictator/head leader and you have a fascist country. All the people in society follow a strict set of rules that you're not supposed to break and if you don't fit in the program you are most likely executed. In PP world though it seems its more accepted because it's an inanimate system and not a person who decides what's good or bad.

Which gets to the core issue Scamp over at Cartdriver brought up some time ago, who the hell institutionalized Sibyl and changed society in Japan? Also I wanna know if this system was created through a group of people or if one person set the guidelines for the Sibyl System, or if Sibyl itself is an VI and set the guidelines itself
Jan 10, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
Lovely episode, good we finally got to know more about yayoi.

Jan 10, 2013 11:25 AM

Oct 2011
Damn - score just shot down from 8.32 to 8.18 after this episode - what the?

Honestly guys?

I haven't watched it yet, but I will tonight. I doubt it deserves such a random drop in score.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 10, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty lame new OP and ED.

The character development is comes too late.

The "loved Inspector" is an asshole.

No, I still don't like Psycho Pass.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 10, 2013 11:34 AM

Jan 2011
Yes it's out!
I knew it, nothing new on Makishima, grrr! Except for some hints on what affects the hue, so I guess he may be some kind of artist himself? That'd be too easy. LOL Sybil looks more and more like state police, regulating music.
Epic music during the girls' conversation in the underground. So the strings were real, and so were the drinks and mostly everything in those underground communities. Kougami, you!
Aaah I miss the old OP.
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Jan 10, 2013 11:41 AM

Apr 2011
Wow this episode went by way too quick for me. I felt it was a little random to throw a flashback episode now, considering what just happened the previous episode. But still it was a good watch. New OP and ED too.
Jan 10, 2013 11:46 AM
Aug 2011
The OP sucked, both the song and the animation.

I'm somewhat disappointed.
Not with the Yayoi development, because character development is always good but episode 11 was so exciting and this felt like an odd break.

Marow said:

Lol right? I Thought he was a nicer dude.
Suddenly I don't seem to care that he got turned into a resin sculpture.
Jan 10, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
So, an episode about Yayoi and her past. Well it was pretty interesting.

Jan 10, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty classic but well executed flashback. It was time cause Yayoi truly lacked character development. I liked how they introduced the dead inspector in a flashback where he isn't the main focus. He really seems like an asshole, I want to know more about him.

Very solid anime.
Jan 10, 2013 12:09 PM

Oct 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
Damn - score just shot down from 8.32 to 8.18 after this episode - what the?

Honestly guys?

I haven't watched it yet, but I will tonight. I doubt it deserves such a random drop in score.

There is something screwy going on with the rankings lately, 8.18 which its at now is what it should be at, its been randomly fluctuating over the past few days from 8.3ish which is innacurate
Jan 10, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2009
I also liked thze old op and ed more
Jan 10, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2009
Phh. I don't mind that they mde a break for some character backstory instead of continuing the main plot. It ended too intriguingly to continue it immediately. First OP was much better but the new ED is as good as first one.
Jan 10, 2013 12:36 PM

Dec 2010
Yea this new OP sucks compared to Abnormalize.

I liked the episode a lot. Added more depth to the Sibyl system and the characters.
Jan 10, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
I don't mind backstories as long as they relate to the overall plot whether it shows us actions that affect the plot itself or how characters make choices. This week's ep with Yayoi while cool and shows us more into the Sibyl System did neither. I don't want to call this episode pointless but they leave us on that cliffhanger from last season and then choose this story to tell?

I did like this episode though, we got a different look at the Sibyl System through a group of musicians trying to rebel against the system. There was one line in particular that really startled me near the end when the criminal calls the Inspector fascists. In a sense he is totally right, replace the Sibyl System with a dictator/head leader and you have a fascist country. All the people in society follow a strict set of rules that you're not supposed to break and if you don't fit in the program you are most likely executed. In PP world though it seems its more accepted because it's an inanimate system and not a person who decides what's good or bad.

Which gets to the core issue Scamp over at Cartdriver brought up some time ago, who the hell institutionalized Sibyl and changed society in Japan? Also I wanna know if this system was created through a group of people or if one person set the guidelines for the Sibyl System, or if Sibyl itself is an VI and set the guidelines itself

We seen someone who plans to overthrow the sibyl system get away, how is that pointless, i think she will come up again. Like this, i think the backstory was good, just makes everything feel better and the characters more fleshed out, i like to learn about the characters plus she uses the same guitar strings as me ^_^
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 10, 2013 12:46 PM
May 2011
This episode was pretty interesting. I don't have a problem with them showing us some background story for character development. Though I would want to learn more about the villain :D

I thought yayoi was akane in the start.... my bad :)

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Jan 10, 2013 12:46 PM
Oct 2010
Great ep, but a bit of a tease considering how the last ep ended. Good stuff though, loving it more and more.
Jan 10, 2013 12:51 PM

Oct 2010
Another good episode this centred around Yayoi. I for one liked seeing her fun time but sadly it ends up pretty badly with her with either having the choice of staying till death in a asylum less the machine thinks she is OK to go back to society or being an Enforcer. Kougami really did a nice intro to her and got her calm them good.

The episode itself was good in showing more about the system. It’s not exactly like it was mentioned but more that the machine judging is trusted more cause human’s past between them knows you can’t bribe a machine nor convince to cheat out UNLESS! The person who made it changes things around it or controls it. That much is clear. So ideally Sybil should have been made by a group of scientist or a group now the question remains was there something omitted?

What if the person who omitted that element was in the same shoes as Makishima. What if the creator of it all was in secret what is Makishima and all people like Makishima are not affected as a result. What if the does not give a F as long as he himself can be safe. Worst of all what if he is like Cyborg dude and is living long?

All this is quite possible in the flaws of the system and essentially the creator can be centered over a interesting plot. The Nazis who escaped got families and now one of them made them machine. It’s possible this is just a wild theory but one from IRL that can be taken from mucho conspiracies revolving around it on the NET. So I am going to leave all this as the Creator is some ex bad guy that made the system not being able to recognize his types. New theory if you will.

About Yayoi’s appearance, I liked it in the spoiler
cause more of Yayoi’s chest shows. Them I did not think her breasts were that big. That’s pretty big IMO. I will leave at that and Yayoi sure has a nice body. No wonder Yuri Blondie likes it. It’s quite firm too.

About the action, I liked it in the following,

That was hands up and cheers the best action part of the episode. However WTF @ Dominators not working less the hostage is out? That means Makishima’s CC could have changed if he got away from Akane’s friend? I wonder now of this.

About Yayoi’s traitor thinking, IMO she was really feeling betrayed when the Dominator refused her. As strange as it may be she got out of that feeling rather quickly. Still would have been more dramatic if they made it that she kills her and her partners. However them grenades are damn scary!

Rest of thoughts in the club.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 10, 2013 1:01 PM
Oct 2012
I was thinking of how the show never really talked about the secondary characters before watching this episode, and do you know? It ends up being exactly what this episode was about. I think its great that they're adding depth to more characters, but this episode just didn't feel that exciting. I expected something more meaningful for the secondary characters' backgrounds. So overall, I thought this episode was a 4/5.

On a side note, I'm starting to like the new OP. Heard it a while back but didn't like it back then. Although, I still don't think it suits the anime very much.
Jan 10, 2013 1:01 PM

Jun 2012
jimbob1141 said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

We seen someone who plans to overthrow the sibyl system get away, how is that pointless, i think she will come up again. Like this, i think the backstory was good, just makes everything feel better and the characters more fleshed out, i like to learn about the characters plus she uses the same guitar strings as me ^_^

Pointless was probably the wrong word, perhaps its relevancy? Like I said earlier they were focusing on Kogami, Akane, and Makishima mostly, then from the left field they do an episode about Yayoi? I didn't mind the introspection on her, it just seemed sudden and jarring to focus on a completely different character who so far hasn't had much of an impact on the plot. It would have made more sense in my opinion if they did a backstory episode on Masaoka if anyone.

Since they did focus on her however, Yayoi is probably going to have a bigger role in the story unless they do backstories for the other people next. It is highly unlikely though because they only have 10 episodes and with the kind of pacing they did in first half they are going to need the rest.
HybridMBLJan 10, 2013 1:04 PM
Jan 10, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
Marow said:

Going by what we saw him do, I don't even care about what happened to him anymore.

Jan 10, 2013 1:18 PM

Oct 2012
Nice OP and ED

i think Rina and the rest of her musicians will come up again in the story later.

Also, the sibyl system and dominator's in general are stupid.

Jan 10, 2013 1:18 PM

Feb 2012
I actually liked the story around Yayoi and how she became an Enforcer. She was always so quiet until now. And because she hasn't done much in the plot until now, I have wondered a lot why she was seen as a latent criminal. So I'm glad it was all explained. xD

The new OP isn't that bad... But I would have like it more if it didn't have to stand against Abnormalize.
Abnormalize was such a crazy/awesome/unusual song. It fit the anime so well.
It's not that the new song doesn't fit the anime that well, it just isn't as powerful or unusual as the first OP IMO. If they had put this one first and now abnormalize I think I would have had a better opinion of it, I think.
"There's a law which says that when an otaku meets another otaku who shares a minor interest,
they will become good friends right away."
~Houou Gakuen Misoragumi (Ch.4)

"There’s something in this world that no one has seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That’s why no one has ever seen it. The world hid it so that no one could get their hands on it easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserved it the most will definitely find it."
~Toradora
Jan 10, 2013 1:36 PM

Aug 2011
The OP was okay, I liked abnormalize better. I like the ED though. That's probably just because it's EGOIST and they have beautiful music U.U But if I had to pic, Namae no Nai Kaibutsu was better than this one. Although I really like this too.

Rina obviously has a point, the Sibyl system is so flawed it's ridiculous.

I'm glad this episode was about Yayoi, there was barely anything on her.

Sasayama is charismatic, which I like, but an ass. =.= I don't have a very good impression of him. Thought he'd be better.
Jan 10, 2013 1:37 PM
May 2009
I hope this episode means the girl is going to have a more prominent role in the main plot. Here is my guess as to what will happen

Time skip to several months after Makishima incident. Akane completes her treatment or is getting treated and Kogami talks with her comparing her experience to Makishima killing the other enforcer.

Meanwhile, Makishima goes back to his old tricks and this time backs this musician group which would make sense given the focus on them in this episode.

They female enforcer will now have a chance to deal with this again and there may be a perspective change.

My 2cents.
Jan 10, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:

, the Sibyl system is so flawed it's ridiculous.

That's an understatement

Jan 10, 2013 2:06 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
The flashback was intersting how they set up the enforcer.
Good Op. Don't like the aniamation to the Op. Ed seems ok slow song. Wtf at the ending aniamation.
4/5
Jan 10, 2013 2:18 PM
Dec 2012
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
The flashback was intersting how they set up the enforcer.
Good Op. Don't like the aniamation to the Op. Ed seems ok slow song. Wtf at the ending aniamation.
4/5

I think that dominator distortion around Akane shows her deep trust to Sybyll system and Yayoi chan is yuri-poii cute ! Rinna did that for Yayoi OMG Death flag for both i guess and now we have more villain to explode by dominator and more puppet for Shougo we got glimpse of Sasayama and everyone well rehab insti still as creepy as ever . Good ED and OP but I miss 1st one abnomalise and nameless evil .
Jan 10, 2013 2:19 PM

Feb 2009
This was a fairly decent episode. I am glad we got some background on one of the secondary characters.
Jan 10, 2013 2:23 PM
Dec 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
The OP was okay, I liked abnormalize better. I like the ED though. That's probably just because it's EGOIST and they have beautiful music U.U But if I had to pic, Namae no Nai Kaibutsu was better than this one. Although I really like this too.

Rina obviously has a point, the Sibyl system is so flawed it's ridiculous.

I'm glad this episode was about Yayoi, there was barely anything on her.

Sasayama is charismatic, which I like, but an ass. =.= I don't have a very good impression of him. Thought he'd be better.

Sasayama is too carefree and that's what cause his life , dang they are manipulative and boost that guy psychopass from 100 to 300 with a single cola bottle so they can shoot . wow Human mind sure get cloudy quickly and Yayoi chan get rehab for what reason I wander just listen to Rock music make you want to kill people... i don't get it , if i metal maybe , i have nothing against metal but you can't argue that music boost and provoque emotion overwhelming anyone will do but classic and metal are the best in that operation.
Jan 10, 2013 2:26 PM

Apr 2011
Dat new OP rubbed me the wrong way, but the ED made up for it!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jan 10, 2013 2:27 PM

Jun 2010
I knew the OP would suck when they announced it perfomed by "Nothing's carved in stone", i don't have anything against that band, but they also made the first Zetsuen no Tempest OP and it didn't make any sense, the lyrics, the music, no one liked it. Now this new op sounds the same, generic, boring, a cheap imitation of "abnormalize". Oh, well, what can we do?

I'm glad Psycho Pass is back. It was a good episode, it also showed us what they do in therapy and other things i was interested in. I can't wait for more!
Jan 10, 2013 2:27 PM
Jun 2008
Somehow this episode made me think people are causing crime by blaming the sibyl system ,more like using it as a reason to cause crime .

I hope Makishima will lead Rina Yayoi to support her criminal act, that would be fun to watch .
MorningGloryJan 10, 2013 3:32 PM
Jan 10, 2013 2:34 PM

Feb 2010
I actually like this OP more than the previous one, can't say the same for the ED... the episode was ok.
As for the sybil system, i don't think it's that bad, we are just seeing the bad parts of it.
Jan 10, 2013 2:44 PM

Jun 2012
damn this episode was damn good
not quite like the ending of the first cour of the anime, but man this anime turned around my impressions quickly.
this is your system of power, all it is
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 10, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Didin't like the OP...at all
Jan 10, 2013 3:13 PM

Dec 2012
I'm glad it is finally back i really liked they fact they gave Yayoi a bit more character development at least she is not a background enforcer anymore. I'm not liking the new OP and ED at all i thought the previous ones were so much better, this ones seemed like a step down, specially in animation terms in my opinon
Jan 10, 2013 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
The whole sybil system makes no sense and that's what's bothering me with this show. Besides the way female eyes are drawn.

Other than that I like the new opening. The ending is good but the old one was better.

3/5
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 10, 2013 3:19 PM

Jul 2010
It was nice that Yayoi got some character development, but after the cliffhanger a couple weeks ago I was really hoping to see the continuation this week. I really don't like the new OP, especially when compared to abnormalize, but I'm hoping it'll grow on me over time. I enjoyed the flashbacks but hopefully they return to the main plot next week!
Jan 10, 2013 3:28 PM

Mar 2008
I like the new OP, but the old one is better.
I don't like the new ED.

Episode was alright, though I don't like how they portrayed the "old" Inspector.
I already expected him to be this way so we won't grow attached to him but it would have made a better effect if he was actually likeable..
Jan 10, 2013 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
New Makishima's toys have appeared

anyone remember this?

and also the image "JReitan" posted here

Definitely, this wasn't a random episode

I dislike the ending a lot. Not my taste of music and there's a lot of unnecessary fan service. Makishima does exercise? what a joke!! he almost looks like Kogami -_-

PS: People really liked abnormalize?? from ep 1 to 11 there were more people posting bad things about it. I was not expecting that XDXD

FerrasJan 10, 2013 3:59 PM
Jan 10, 2013 4:09 PM
Nov 2011
Decent ep. Can;t complain too much about it, I don't think anything could really have compared to episode 11.

After learning more about Yayoi I feel as if her character will be built up even more the next few episodes only for her to get killed...

Old OP/ED > new OP/ED
Jan 10, 2013 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
Whoa this episode was great, focusing mostly on how Yayoi became an Enforcer. Man, seeing Kougami as a young inspector is pretty weird. xD Good to see Sasayama working as an Enforcer. He's pretty damn awesome. I'm sure we're gonna have more episodes about the past which will probably be related to Makishima.

The new OP is pretty decent but I don't really like the new ED. D:
Jan 10, 2013 4:21 PM

Sep 2012
From all the comments i have read people talk more about the op and end than the episode why do people care so much you can skip the op if you don't like it.
Jan 10, 2013 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
Liked the new OP, don't have to skip the OP anymore.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Today, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.