MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Good psychological horror Anime's?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Good psychological horror Anime's?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
#1
01-09-13, 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 81
Looking for some good pyschological horror Anime's.
I've watched Higuarshi and I loved it so I want something with a bit of gore and crazy/fucked up characters and/or situations.
 
#2
01-09-13, 3:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 4392
Neon Genesis Evangelion + the movies.
 
#3
01-09-13, 3:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 81
skudoops said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion + the movies.


I'm sure it's a good Anime but I really dont like Mechs :P
 
#4
01-09-13, 4:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 160
try "dark tours"
lol
 
#5
01-09-13, 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 81
VivaLaGin said:
try "dark tours"
lol

I thought I said Anime, not Hentai...
 
#6
01-09-13, 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5855
If you loved Higurashi then try Another.
 
#7
01-09-13, 4:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 81
Candor said:
If you loved Higurashi then try Another.

Shit, yeah forgot to mention, have seen that. It was pretty good.
 
#8
01-09-13, 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 409
Shiki
It's exactly what you're looking for.

EDIT: There's also another season of Higurashi.
Modified by GhostCanine, 01-09-13, 4:19 AM
???????
 
#9
01-09-13, 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 667
hell girl maybe?
hey you..that middle finger is looking at you
 
01-09-13, 4:15 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1896
GhostCanine said:
Shiki
It's exactly what you're looking for.


I agree with this
 
01-09-13, 4:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Mirai Nikki and Hellsing are two you should take a look into as both have their gore and psychological parts. Hellsing is more about the gore though.
 
01-09-13, 4:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 81
I'll check out Shiki.
I've seen Mirai Nikki but didnt mention it cause I didnt think it was i that genre. I allways thought of it as more of a Battle Royale.
 
01-09-13, 4:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Ergo proxy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
01-09-13, 4:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1379
Shadow Star Narutaru
Jigoku Shoujo
Mononoke
Hundred Stories
Ghost Hunt (some arcs more so than the others)
Vampire Princess Miyu
Boogiepop Phantom
 
01-09-13, 5:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4589
Paranoia Agent.
 
01-09-13, 6:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5467
Candor said:
If you loved Higurashi then try Another.
Please never bring up Higurashi and Another in the same sentence again.

OP, you can always watch Higurashi season 2 even though it stops being a horror.

Perfect Blue
Paprika
 
01-09-13, 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Just popped into my head but Psycho Pass was a really good anime that hasn't been out that long. If you like psychological and a bit of horror then go for this
 
01-09-13, 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5855
Holybaptiser said:
Candor said:
If you loved Higurashi then try Another.
Please never bring up Higurashi and Another in the same sentence again.
They're similar to an extent and both have the same feel to them, but for me I actually enjoyed Another more (except for the last 2 episodes, which were one big mess), but that's because I didn't like Higurashi.
 
01-09-13, 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5467
Candor said:
Holybaptiser said:
Candor said:
If you loved Higurashi then try Another.
Please never bring up Higurashi and Another in the same sentence again.
They're similar to an extent and both have the same feel to them, but for me I actually enjoyed Another more (except for the last 2 episodes, which were one big mess), but that's because I didn't like Higurashi.
The right thing to do is check out season two to understand what was going on in season one, unless the series was spoiled for you.

I'm not shitting on your opinion, but in terms of mystery, plot, characters and pacing, Higurashi is superior in every way.
 
01-09-13, 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5855
Holybaptiser said:
Candor said:
Holybaptiser said:
Candor said:
If you loved Higurashi then try Another.
Please never bring up Higurashi and Another in the same sentence again.
They're similar to an extent and both have the same feel to them, but for me I actually enjoyed Another more (except for the last 2 episodes, which were one big mess), but that's because I didn't like Higurashi.
The right thing to do is check out season two to understand what was going on in season one, unless the series was spoiled for you.
Nothing was spoiled actually. I just got tired of playing the "try to be surprised" game after 11 episodes so I dropped it. I watched the movies instead, at least they had cuter girls. Basically the designs were one huge turn-off that I couldn't continue, and I'm one of those who hate 90% of moe and lolis (and their generic designs).
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices