Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2013 2:34 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What? Piccolo, is that you? You can't be weak like this. And Gohan, Kuririn what are you doing? These episodes are boring.
Jan 7, 2013 3:05 PM

Aug 2012
usually krillin and gohan can't do much...but don't worry, keep watching.
May 5, 2013 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
Nah, I gotta agree with Fethbita. The Garlic Jr. saga isn't really their best work. :/

May 31, 2013 10:31 PM

Feb 2013
Agreed, is this really the same Piccolo who fought evenly with second form Frieza and yet he couldn't even hit one of Garlic Jr's. lame henchmen lol? This Saga would have made more sense if it took place in the middle of the Sayain Saga, I understand this is filler but come on. The only good things about this episode was the short scene with Vegeta and Marons outfit =p.

Oh well only 7 more episodes to go -_-
Nov 21, 2013 4:05 PM

May 2012
Oh boy Piccolo got converted as well... this doesn't sound promising!
Dec 20, 2013 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
Shape430 said:
Agreed, is this really the same Piccolo who fought evenly with second form Frieza and yet he couldn't even hit one of Garlic Jr's. lame henchmen lol? This Saga would have made more sense if it took place in the middle of the Sayain Saga

Yeah, I agree completely. It probably should have taken place between Vegeta's defeat and Gohan/Krillin/Bulma going to Namek.
Mar 21, 2016 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
Piccolo put up a decent fight for 9-10 seconds before Zombi.. I mean "Black water" Yamcha bit him, defeated by filler plot what a world.
Jun 22, 2016 2:54 PM

Feb 2016
Okay... so much for thinking Piccolo would be immune. Kinda disappointing, but oh well.

Vegeta's Drive is awfully strong. He's seriously planet hopping to find Goku just so he can "Learn how to become a Super Saiyan".

I figured his pride wouldn't allow him to stoop to a point like this where he's just so desperate...

I would think he'd go through a bunch of intense training and just get enraged.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jul 7, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2013
So, being bitten turns you into a mindless killer....Where is Rick Grimes when we need him?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 20, 2018 3:45 AM

Nov 2017
I thought Piccolo would have been stronger by now. But somehow he gets beaten up by some 7 bar power levels, a 200 bar and Yamcha. How??

Well now Piccolo's an enemy, so this isn't good. Well, considering how he did in the previous fight, I bet he'll be really weak in this one.

Also Korin is actually really cute like she says.
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 20, 2018 3:45 AM

Nov 2017
I thought Piccolo would have been stronger by now. But somehow he gets beaten up by some 7 bar power levels, a 200 bar and Yamcha. How??

Well now Piccolo's an enemy, so this isn't good. Well, considering how he did in the previous fight, I bet he'll be really weak in this one.

May 20, 2018 3:46 AM

Nov 2017

May 20, 2018 4:07 AM

Nov 2017

Mar 10, 2019 4:26 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Not really entertaining but it was till ok

Mar 26, 2019 11:03 PM

Jul 2008
So if filler arcs characters get gimped....got it.
Dec 20, 2019 1:43 PM

Mar 2010
Shape430 said:
Agreed, is this really the same Piccolo who fought evenly with second form Frieza and yet he couldn't even hit one of Garlic Jr's. lame henchmen lol? This Saga would have made more sense if it took place in the middle of the Sayain Saga, I understand this is filler but come on. The only good things about this episode was the short scene with Vegeta and Marons outfit =p.
My Thoughts exactly. Also about Maron :p
Aug 5, 2020 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
So, Piccolo was able to keep up with second form Frieza, whose power level easily transcends 1 million, along with Gohan, who managed to land some hits, and Krillin, whose potential got locked to the fullest. Yet, they can't find a way to defeat those likely fodder goons? After experiencing the full package that is the late mighty Frieza, and the dangerous endeavors they undertook in planet Namek? That is sad, indeed.

Anyhow, Krillin can certainly do better than Maron. She doesn't care about him and is too entitled and self-absorbed to fully comprehend the gravity of the situation. I do hope he finds someone more fitting for him.
Oct 5, 2020 3:13 PM
May 2019
Maron is practically careless, as well as incapable of actually understanding the severity of the situation. That's a shame, really. Gohan doesn't want to attack his friends despite them being possessed - of course, that's understandable. After all, he had difficulties attacking the body of his own father when Ginyu swapped bodies with Goku. He has a lot of things in common with Goku, so it's only natural.
Jul 31, 2021 11:19 AM

Nov 2017
You're really telling me Piccolo couldn't easily beat all those lameos (Yamcha included)?

So Garlic Jr. got out of his prison because of the Makyo Star. Moving through space and once every 12,000 years it just so happened to conveniently get close enough to earth for him to escape. Well, alrighty then!
Dec 17, 2023 4:46 AM
Sep 2021
he battle power skelings are way too bad
Feb 10, 1:59 PM

Nov 2015
removed-user said:
Anyhow, Krillin can certainly do better than Maron. She doesn't care about him and is too entitled and self-absorbed to fully comprehend the gravity of the situation. I do hope he finds someone more fitting for him.

And so is Goku 😂 he's very naive but got a very smart wife so who cares.

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Today, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.