Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Monogatari Series Second Season Due This Summer

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 7, 2013 5:12 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome sauce.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 7, 2013 5:17 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, that's really fast and I didn't think they would air the whole season in one block.
Jan 7, 2013 5:19 AM

Feb 2012
my Happiest life in 2013 will start at july :)
Jan 7, 2013 5:21 AM

Dec 2012
YEAHHHH....
kogeekoJan 7, 2013 6:14 AM
Jan 7, 2013 5:23 AM

Jan 2012
Awesome news, I'm excited as fuck. Hoping for lots of Nadeko and Tsukihi

Bit surprised though, I was assuming they'll bring out Kizu first. At this rate I somehow doubt a 2013 release, but well, I'd rather have my 2nd season anyway

also, what's up with my ava changing by itself? second time that that happend already
Jan 7, 2013 5:34 AM

Nov 2012
Yeah. Sounds good to me
Jan 7, 2013 5:34 AM

Oct 2007
VioLink said:
Whoever said anything about combining the page count?

Why wouldn't you be combining the page counts ffs lol. If you're going to act like 26 is fine for the 2nd season because it has less pages then it makes no sense if you're not combining them. There's a gap of nearly 250 pages... and Neko Black had crap like

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE that went on for 4 pages....

Bake is 5 stories across 2 large novels, Nise is 2 novels as well. Neko White + Kabuki is 12 pages short of Nise and will probably get 2-3 episodes less even though it's vastly better, especially Kabuki.
Jan 7, 2013 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
Damn.

Was hoping that it would come out later. Most of the novels this season is adapting hasn't even been translated yet :(.
Jan 7, 2013 5:44 AM

Sep 2012
botch said:
Then why does the second season novel page say there are 12 volumes?
Nekomonogatari: Shiro - Vol.1
Kabukimonogatari - Vol.2
Hanamonogatari - Vol.3
Otorimonogatari - Vol.4-6
Onimonogatari - Vol.7-11
Koimonogatari - Vol.12
What second season novel page you are talking about? Every Japanese site I checked mentions just 6 novels (with one volume per novel).

+++++

Anyway, so it is really a 2-cour series. I just hope that it will be a 26 episodes series instead of 24 episodes. Personally I would like it to be longer (3 cour for example) but I guess it is doable in 2 cour.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 7, 2013 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
botch said:
Kabukimonogatari - Vol.2
Hanamonogatari - Vol.3
Onimonogatari - Vol.7-11
Koimonogatari - Vol.12
What second season novel page you are talking about? Every Japanese site I checked mentions just 6 novels (with one volume per novel).

+++++

Anyway, so it is really a 2-cour series. I just hope that it will be a 26 episodes series instead of 24 episodes. Personally I would like it to be longer (3 cour for example) but I guess it is doable in 2 cour.

this: http://myanimelist.net/manga/23751/Monogatari_Series:_Second_Season

guess MAL isn't very reliable then...
Jan 7, 2013 5:56 AM

Jul 2011
DraconisMarch said:
And the fanservice crowd goes wild.

You sure know the show's fanbase well for someone who dropped Bake at episode 1.

Anyway, great news here, just hope Shaft don't run into deadline problem again.
Jan 7, 2013 5:57 AM

May 2012
My life is now complete. O^O
Jan 7, 2013 6:02 AM

May 2011
dreznovk said:
DraconisMarch said:

You sure know the show's fanbase well for someone who dropped Bake at episode 1.

Eh? Really? I didn't know they have that kind of problem in the past.
Jan 7, 2013 6:09 AM

Apr 2009
SilentTruth said:

It's called Kizumonogatari. I remember hearing that it would be released before the 2nd season airs.

So I guess we'll have to wait a couple more years.
Jan 7, 2013 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
SilentTruth said:
dreznovk said:
DraconisMarch said:

Yes, Shaft is somewhat known for sending out somewhat rushed products to broadcast on TV and later polishing them up for DVD/Blu-Ray release (this was most notable in Bakemonogatari...). Most of their releases are just fine. The latest season of Hidamari Sketch was gorgeous when it aired (for the most part), so hopefully it won't be a problem with this.

life4death said:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard Nekomonogatari (Shiro) has some references to Kizumonogatari (like characters and stuff)

There are a few minor references to Kizumonogatari (the first 30 seconds or so of Nekomonogatari was a really fast build up for the eventual movie release) and there are the occasional "Shinobu wouldn't forgive me for what happened" kind of thing, but nothing essential. It's not more than Bakemonogatari had.
AndyRayyJan 7, 2013 8:33 AM

Jan 7, 2013 6:14 AM

Feb 2008
Nice, just finished watching Nekomonogatari: Kuro. Looking forward to it.
Jan 7, 2013 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
It's close to impossible to put together what happened on that Spring Break in Kizumonogatari by going by what the other works(It usually amounts to "I feel terrible about it").

I also noticed that SHAFT cut out a reference to Kizumonogatari in Nekomonogatari: Kuro.
Jan 7, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2012
botch said:
symbv said:
botch said:
Kabukimonogatari - Vol.2
Hanamonogatari - Vol.3
Onimonogatari - Vol.7-11
Koimonogatari - Vol.12
this: http://myanimelist.net/manga/23751/Monogatari_Series:_Second_Season

guess MAL isn't very reliable then...
Yeah, that synopsis could be submitted by any MAL member. It just needs mods approval but not every mods is expert about all these novels and manga etc. Anyway, I have just submitted the correct volume information about that page for moderator approval. Hope it will get updated with the correct information soon.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 7, 2013 6:20 AM

Mar 2011
My body is totally ready. But where the hell is Kizu?

Jan 7, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
dreznovk said:
DraconisMarch said:
Actually he does NOT know the fanbase well because if that is the case how could we explain the high proportion of female fans buying the novel and the anime? In Japan I saw it myself many times women picking Bake anime or manga at anime store for checkout. Saying Bake is just about fanservice or caters only for fanservice crowd is just a shallow opinion. Bake itself offers a multitude of layers and levels for its appreciation, and it does not always have to be about the fanservice.

Jan 7, 2013 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Pretty sure dreznovk was being sarcastic with that.
Yeah I know. My post is directed at the same target of dreznovk's post (and not at dreznovk at all) if my original post was not clear enough. Instead of using sarcasm, which often obscures the points of a debate, I would rather point out why he has little idea about what the audience (and consumer) of Bake are composed of.
symbvJan 7, 2013 6:32 AM

Jan 7, 2013 6:33 AM

Aug 2008
oh god! YES PLEASE.
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Jan 7, 2013 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
SilentTruth said:
dreznovk said:
DraconisMarch said:

There was a time when every opening wasn't finished by the time they aired the first episode. or the second. Or the third...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 7, 2013 6:59 AM
Aug 2011
Thank You, Based Shaft!

Edit:
Apparently many people seem to think Shaft will have budget problems, fail to meet deadlines and cannot handle a 2-cour etc, etc.

C'mon people, Think it through before you post something illogical.

Gatchum_Bye-ByeJan 7, 2013 7:13 AM
Jan 7, 2013 7:13 AM

Jul 2008
The blood flowed in, my Shaft is ready.

Jan 7, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2009
Shaft.

2 cour.

Budget.

HMMMMMMM
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 7, 2013 7:35 AM

Jan 2011
Westlo said:
VioLink said:
Whoever said anything about combining the page count?

Why wouldn't you be combining the page counts ffs lol. If you're going to act like 26 is fine for the 2nd season because it has less pages then it makes no sense if you're not combining them. There's a gap of nearly 250 pages... and Neko Black had crap like

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE that went on for 4 pages....

Bake is 5 stories across 2 large novels, Nise is 2 novels as well. Neko White + Kabuki is 12 pages short of Nise and will probably get 2-3 episodes less even though it's vastly better, especially Kabuki.

Did I say it's going to be 26 episodes? Nope. You also rule out the possibility of them skipping/shortening parts like in Neko. Either way they say they are gonna make those books into one season and I believe them, I doubt they would just lie.
[center]
Jan 7, 2013 7:44 AM

Dec 2011
sweet, thought i will probs hold out for the Japanese blu-ray release, so i can watch it in all its 1080p glory
Jan 7, 2013 7:48 AM

Jun 2012
Just gonna throw it out here now but all of you
Jan 7, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2011
I'm excited for this! Wow, can't really imagine a Monogatari season that's two-cour.
Jan 7, 2013 8:04 AM

Mar 2011
That was fast! And two-cour? This makes me happy, I can't wait for this!
I wouldn't mind Kizu coming out soon either.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Jan 7, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2008
Well i expected as much
Jan 7, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
SilentTruth said:

There was a time when every opening wasn't finished by the time they aired the first episode. or the second. Or the third...

And there are off-model (could possibly the animation supervisor's fault as well), errors (six fingers Homura), inconsistent sakuga, incomplete episode (Bake ep 10)... They even complained about deadline in some SZS's episodes.

Shaft seems to always having some problems with their TV version and usually have to fix them on Blu-ray. They're still a great studio imo(my favorite studio in fact) but they need to do something with their deadline problems.
dreznovkJan 7, 2013 8:20 AM
Jan 7, 2013 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
Thank god <3
Jan 7, 2013 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
YEAH! I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!
Jan 7, 2013 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
Truly, I would say that Shaft has improved on its deadline problem a lot since the Bake and SZS days. True, we still see some signs of incompleteness in recent shows like Nise or Hidamari 4th season but it is a much lesser problem compared with the bad old days.

dreznovk said:
Shaft seems to always having some problems with their TV version and usually have to fix them on Blu-ray.
Well, what I see now is that a lot of the "fixing" done in last 2 years or so seems to be more for aesthetic reasons than fixing the sakuga. In fact it has now acquired a reputation among fans in Japan that it will always adds or changes things in BD for reasons that seem not really necessary or mysterious to fans. If they really have such a big problem in scheduling or meeting deadlines, one would think that they should have very little time to make those "not really necessary changes" in BD.

Jan 7, 2013 8:32 AM

Jun 2011
26 episodes? And already this summer?

Jan 7, 2013 8:34 AM

Mar 2011
can't wait
Jan 7, 2013 8:40 AM

May 2010
Great I can't wait !!
Jan 7, 2013 9:07 AM
Nov 2008
What?

Where's Kizumonogatari?! D:<
Jan 7, 2013 9:24 AM

Oct 2011
This is going to be awesome!

Jan 7, 2013 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
wow, what great news allready, and a two cour! and i just finished kuro, SHAFT you spoil me :)
Jan 7, 2013 9:44 AM

Jun 2012
oh fuck yeah

and...

dvp89 said:
What?

Jan 7, 2013 10:02 AM

Jun 2011
Yaaaaattaaaaaaa!! XD
Jan 7, 2013 10:57 AM

Jun 2012
dvp89 said:
What?

SpepapupuJan 7, 2013 11:13 AM
I don't know anything, I just know what I know
Jan 7, 2013 11:34 AM

Jul 2007
It will be a two-cours series.

REALLY?!
I couldn't be more happy! oh well I could be if they FINALLY released Kizumonogatari...
Jan 7, 2013 11:35 AM

May 2008

Awesome News.
Jan 7, 2013 11:46 AM
Apr 2011
This is going to be amazing!
Jan 7, 2013 11:47 AM
Nov 2010
No one's body is ready for this.
Jan 7, 2013 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
Good good good!! Just finished the prequels 3 weeks ago, and already have a sequel to look forward to!! It'd be best if >20 ep.
Signature
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
2 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
8 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
Today, 8:26 AM

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.