Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 26, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
DrizzyXP said:
Agafin said:
According to your list you haven't even watched FMA;B. I'm honestly confused.

I have watched half of it (I need to update that) and read the manga in its entirety. I don't feel like I need to watch the rest of the FMA anime to reply to such a simple question.

Oh, I couldn't make such a bold claim after only watching half an anime but maybe that's just me.
Feb 26, 2015 11:05 AM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:

So....you don't like the shounen elements in FMA, but you like them in HxH?

And the part with the little girl and her pet were among the first 10 episodes of the series.

No. What I meant is, I think the specific story of FMA is unfitting for this genre.
She appeared in episode 15 and I am pretty sure she stayed around for quite a while in order for me to notice :p
Feb 26, 2015 11:08 AM

Nov 2010
danae17 said:
RedRoseFring said:

And the part with the little girl and her pet were among the first 10 episodes of the series.

No. What I meant is, I think the specific story of FMA is unfitting for this genre.
She appeared in episode 15 and I am pretty sure she stayed around for quite a while in order for me to notice :p
You're talking about Mei and her midget panda cat dog, he's talking about Nina(the girl and her dog).
Feb 26, 2015 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
danae17 said:

You're talking about Mei and her midget panda cat dog, he's talking about Nina(the girl and her dog).

You're right haha thanks for clearing it up, I had forgotten her name.
Feb 26, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2014
danae17 said:
RedRoseFring said:

Yeah, Turtle is right.

And do you mean demographic? Because FMA encompasses a lot of different genres. If so, then HxH would kind of fall under the same category, as many don't think it fits its demographic either.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 27, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:
danae17 said:

Yeah, Turtle is right.

And do you mean demographic? Because FMA encompasses a lot of different genres. If so, then HxH would kind of fall under the same category, as many don't think it fits its demographic either.

I just think it would be better off as a seinen series. Regarding HxH, I found the first arcs kind of cheerful and it seemed like it targeted the wrong age group, but it got better later on imo.
Feb 27, 2015 4:21 PM
Oct 2011
What about FMA would make it better as a seinen? It doesn't seem like it had any trouble capturing the attention/views of kids. If anything I think HxH would have a harder time capturing its demographic in more recent arcs since it's even more talking than it used to have. AFAIK that hasn't been an issue, though.
Feb 28, 2015 6:45 AM

Mar 2014
Like I've read above, my opinion is that FMA could be way better if it had a more dramatic atmosphere, seriousness and depth, as well as avoid the shounen mood while fighting. I wasn't talking about its age group target..
About HxH, we'll see if there's still a difference since a new arc, probably as big as CA is being prepared.
Feb 28, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2014
danae17 said:
Like I've read above, my opinion is that FMA could be way better if it had a more dramatic atmosphere, seriousness and depth, as well as avoid the shounen mood while fighting. I wasn't talking about its age group target..
About HxH, we'll see if there's still a difference since a new arc, probably as big as CA is being prepared.

Funny enough, those things you said it didn't have are usually what it gets praised for. That applies more to FMA 2003 than Brotherhood though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 28, 2015 7:46 PM

Nov 2010
danae17 said:
Seinen is only a demographic tag, only the target age and gender group, it has no other real definition. Say dramatic atmosphere, depth, etc instead because there are many seinen stories that don't have that at all so it doesn't help at all.
Feb 28, 2015 11:32 PM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:
danae17 said:

Funny enough, those things you said it didn't have are usually what it gets praised for. That applies more to FMA 2003 than Brotherhood though.

I am around episode 30 of FMA and I think it's better than Brotherhood in this aspect, but there's still much left to see :)
Feb 28, 2015 11:44 PM

Jun 2011
danae17 said:
Regarding HxH, I found the first arcs kind of cheerful and it seemed like it targeted the wrong age group, but it got better later on imo.
Oh so "cheerful" is the opposite of "good" now?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 1, 2015 2:01 AM

Sep 2012
whoa SunInSplendor, now that's a user I haven't seen in a while
Mar 1, 2015 2:33 AM

Mar 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
danae17 said:
Regarding HxH, I found the first arcs kind of cheerful and it seemed like it targeted the wrong age group, but it got better later on imo.
Oh so "cheerful" is the opposite of "good" now?

Where did I actually say that? It seemed like in the first arcs there was a different age group target whereas later on it seemed like it targeted an older age group. And in my opinion, the latter arcs were way better. The post was about a different matter in the first place, not its quality.
Mar 1, 2015 4:09 AM

Jun 2011
danae17 said:
Where did I actually say that? It seemed like in the first arcs there was a different age group target whereas later on it seemed like it targeted an older age group. And in my opinion, the latter arcs were way better. The post was about a different matter in the first place, not its quality.

I misinterpreted your message then, for that I apologize. I just hate those people who were like "Oh this looks childish/This is childish" then after that when it gets more serious and bloody they are like "Oh this is awesome, I thought it was kiddy crap". As if kids show can't be good, only "deep" or "mature", or apparently it's called "seinen" (lmao when people tried to categorize HxH as seinen disguised as shounen) show can.
Mar 1, 2015 4:14 AM

Jan 2013
dranime1 said:
Candor said:
FMA is overrated, so I'd go with HxH is better than FMA.

their is someone who is smart

agreed
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Mar 1, 2015 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
danae17 said:

I misinterpreted your message then, for that I apologize. I just hate those people who were like "Oh this looks childish/This is childish" then after that when it gets more serious and bloody they are like "Oh this is awesome, I thought it was kiddy crap". As if kids show can't be good, only "deep" or "mature", or apparently it's called "seinen" (lmao when people tried to categorize HxH as seinen disguised as shounen) show can.

I agree, action-freaks can be pretty annoying..The reason why I personally like the latter arcs more than the first ones is because you get to know the characters better and they undergo significant character development (Killua for example). The new characters who are introduced are pretty interesting too. Yeah this notion about HxH being diguised as shounen is ridiculous.
Mar 1, 2015 10:13 AM
Mar 2013
yea, I haven't seen FMA 2003 but hxh 99>>>hxh 11> FMA Brotherhood

FMA:B is the most overrated show on this site
Mar 1, 2015 3:01 PM
Oct 2011
danae17 said:

If you're not talking about what age group it targets don't say shonen or seinen, because that's exactly what they are. I thought FMA handled most of that well - what it really needed to cut back on was some bad humor, which isn't linked to being a shonen or seinen.
Mar 1, 2015 3:45 PM

Dec 2013
FMA:B>>>>HxH
Mar 1, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2013
mushishi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FMA,FMA:B,HxH
Mar 1, 2015 4:56 PM
Dec 2013
FMAB is levels less than HxH... there is no comparison...
Mar 1, 2015 5:17 PM

Jun 2011
Taewan said:
QFT. Adults watch Mushishi, let the kids argue about which is better between 2 teenage series.
Mar 1, 2015 6:14 PM
Oct 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
Taewan said:
QFT. Adults watch Mushishi, let the kids argue about which is better between 2 teenage series.

Very mature.
Mar 2, 2015 5:05 AM

Mar 2014
Corporal_Atlas said:
danae17 said:

If you're not talking about what age group it targets don't say shonen or seinen, because that's exactly what they are. I thought FMA handled most of that well - what it really needed to cut back on was some bad humor, which isn't linked to being a shonen or seinen.

Yeah I know Turtle pointed out my mistake too. I have found some similar features in some series that fall under the same category and thought that these definitions include these features too, that's why I was mistaken..
Mar 2, 2015 5:08 AM

Nov 2014
They all have their flaws. HxH dragged on at times, FMA:B had a very rushed start and FMA had strong feels but the ending sucked and the world wasn't as good as FMA:B.

Personally I feel FMA:B = HxH > FMA
Mar 2, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2011
Corporal_Atlas said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Very mature.
Which wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.
Mar 2, 2015 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
both are meh
themanualreader@proton.me
Mar 3, 2015 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
omeg4 said:
They all have their flaws. HxH dragged on at times, FMA:B had a very rushed start and FMA had strong feels but the ending sucked and the world wasn't as good as FMA:B.

Personally I feel FMA:B = HxH > FMA

The middle third of FMA was almost as dragged as Punk Hazard. Really bad pacing. Not even sure if that deserved a story in the first place, though.

I've said it before, FMAB is the best "generic shonen" but can't compare with things like the original, or HxH.
End Zionazism
Mar 3, 2015 7:13 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
*insert your most favorite here between HxH and FMAB*>>>>>>>>>*insert your least favorite here between HxH and FMAB*

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 3, 2015 9:41 AM
Oct 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
Corporal_Atlas said:

Very mature.
Which wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

It still hurts!

RayAdha said:
*insert your most favorite here between HxH and FMAB*>>>>>>>>>*insert your least favorite here between HxH and FMAB*

I disagree.
Mar 10, 2015 9:56 PM
Jul 2012
fma03>hxh1999>fmab>hxh2011(so far but I doubt it gets that much better. it's nowhere close near the 1999 version)
Mar 10, 2015 10:01 PM

Oct 2011
I will always say FMAB>Hunter x Hunter.
Mar 11, 2015 2:14 AM

Oct 2013
Borgov said:

Then it must be fun to always be wrong :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 11, 2015 2:34 AM

Dec 2013
soundscape said:
Borgov said:

Then it must be fun to always be wrong :P

Is that why you're saying this?
Mar 11, 2015 6:34 AM

Jan 2014
Borgov said:

It must be fun to always be right :)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 11, 2015 7:42 AM

Nov 2010
RedRoseFring said:
Borgov said:

It must be fun to always be right :)
It definitely is.
Mar 11, 2015 9:46 AM
Oct 2014
No way FMA:B is better than HxH, HxH's plot is far better than FMA:B, also the character development in HxH is so next level.
Mar 11, 2015 9:52 AM

Nov 2010
minhquan0 said:
No way FMA:B is better than HxH, HxH's plot is far better than FMA:B, also the character development in HxH is so next level.
If you say so, boss.
Mar 11, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
Spamming won't make FMAB better than HxH :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 11, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
soundscape said:

Same could be said vice versa
Mar 11, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
G_Spark233 said:
soundscape said:

Same could be said vice versa

Yea this holds true for anything in life.
Mar 11, 2015 9:19 PM

Jan 2014
minhquan0 said:

I agree, there's no way FMAB's better than HxH
Mar 11, 2015 11:49 PM

Apr 2012
Both FMA:B and HxH are great but FMA:B is slightly better :D

。◕‿◕。 Fun In Life is what Matters! The More the Fun the better your Life Becomes!! 。◕‿◕。

Mar 13, 2015 6:38 AM

Dec 2013
I even forgot that it was changed lol. I was talking about the one who changed it.
Mar 16, 2015 2:10 AM

Sep 2013
FMA:B is garbage compared to HXH
Mar 16, 2015 10:17 AM

Jun 2008
Removed quote tower. zzzz.
Mar 18, 2015 4:02 PM

Sep 2014
danae17 said:
RedRoseFring said:

I am around episode 30 of FMA and I think it's better than Brotherhood in this aspect, but there's still much left to see :)

Jun 28, 2015 10:54 AM
Aug 2014
huntx said:
FMA=FMAB » HxH

now it's the opposite for you
Jul 5, 2015 11:58 AM
Jun 2015
Both are overrated as fuck
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.