Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 19, 2009 6:29 PM

Mar 2009
I'm sorry if I'm not answering the Question, but i just wanted to write about CG fans

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 words

LELOUCH

IS

DEAD
Dec 19, 2009 8:25 PM

Oct 2009
He died of AIDS :(
Dec 21, 2009 6:46 AM

Aug 2008
Rolo-Kun said:
I'm sorry if I'm not answering the Question, but i just wanted to write about CG fans

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 words

LELOUCH

IS

DEAD

We know that and what are you trying to say/do?

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Feb 22, 2010 9:16 AM

Mar 2009
Rolo-Kun said:

3 words

LELOUCH

IS

DEAD

Whoa no seriously? I could have never deciphered that information from watching it!
Feb 23, 2010 11:19 AM

Jun 2008
is he serious? are you serious? why did we like CG ?
oh but wait, his favorite anime is claymore.

i cant believe that people argue about code geass being sweet. Have u no taste at all? is all u like , those slice-of-life anime? jesus f**k
Jul 27, 2010 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
Stopped watching at around episode 17 about a year ago, started watching it again, and just dropped it at ep. 21...this episode was a little too over the top for me to keep watching. It was entertaining but I no longer care enough to finish it.

Jul 27, 2010 11:42 AM
Jun 2010
shinigamidono said:
when something/someone is on top people like to bash it and try to drag it down. Just because almost everyone seems to love CG, some people think they are "cool" because they don't. Like it makes them special somehow going against the grain. That is much more laughable than being one of the sheep in love with this spectacular anime in my opinion. So in conclusion: baaaaaah baaaaah... i am a sheep and proud of it, if the alternative is to be one of these haters who think they are special.

Actually, I once liked Code Geass. But after watching other series; especially military-based animes such as Gundam (UC Gundam)/Legend of the Galactic Heroes/Armored Trooper VOTOMS and whatnot; my attempt to watch Code Geass again, was an unfavorable one. I was actually surprised that I enjoyed this series so much. To be frank, as soon as the Lancelot is revealed, the series was pretty much ruined for me. I suppose I'm not a fan of super-real robot or loads of fan-service and the rushed plot for that matter.

As someone who has watched the series twice; once before I had any experience with other series and once after I educated myself in different varieties of animes from past and present; Code Geass is from my experience a "decent" series, but sometimes I wonder why people put so much hype into it. Then again, if I could explain why Disney movies/series are so popular, perhaps I'd have an answer.

I don't like being rude about things, but really, I'm having trouble figuring out what I found so special about this series the first time around. In fact; there has really been little mecha from the 00's that I've really enjoyed (Yes, I consider Code Geass a mecha first; say what you will, but it really is supernatural second. And being a mecha first, doesn't mean that it lacks human development like people so stereotypically stamp it; some of my most emotional moments in viewing anime was watching mecha). Of course there was Eureka Seven and RahXephon; but, even those were lacking compared to series of the 80s and 90s.

JuicyBuddha said:
I'm not ignorant, I'm discerning. Life's too short to waste on crap anime, regardless of how popular it is. In fact, I'm actually even less interested in this anime after your explanation; what makes Death Note interesting is the battle of wits between Light and his enemies. And "IT'S ENTERTAININING" is not a very good argument in favor of an anime. I wasted so much time on the omfg so epic Gurren Lagann that was supposedly so entertaining when I could have read Chuck Norris jokes for five minutes and got the exact same effect.

And some people would argue that Legend of the Galactic Heroes is far beyond that of even the mighty Death Note that people tend to praise so much. It's all about people's tastes. I don't understand them, and sometimes I ponder why people watch it, but it's their life, no reason to worry about someone else's well being when you probably know nothing of that person.

As for watching "crap anime"; why not? Some animes I just find "fun", even though they're rather mediocre. While Zero no Tsukaima (Well, the anime that is), was rather cliche and an obvious knockoff of other "magical conquests" (I'm talking to you Harry Potter); I had fun watching it, regardless of my obvious distastes for it. I for one will never call something "crap", unless I've watched it first hand. Reviews are helpful to find interesting things to watch, but ultimately, no two people are the same, we each have experiences/memories that no other person can relate to. And with that, what the majority of people might find mediocre, one person might consider it a masterpiece. Look at Victory Gundam. I'm somewhat amazed and the sheer amount of negativity people view this series as. But I personally found it to be one of Tomino Yukiyoshi's greatest works. And there are a "few" people who have a similar sentiment as myself, but even those who loved Zeta Gundam are always quick to say that "Victory Gundam is the worst of all Gundam series"; even those who have never even given it a chance, merely taking the word of someone else's mouth. And those people who might have enjoyed it, will probably never get a chance to watch the last of the UC Gundam series; a series that is so exclusive on who might enjoy it and who might not; they will never get a chance to watch it merely because someone said "it sucked". :(
n01kaizermJul 27, 2010 11:52 AM
Jan 3, 2011 7:51 AM
Jan 2011
i think girls like it bcz suzaku and lelouch are fine :P
boys like it cuz macho and action-packed with robots and stuff.
and the storys also good.
what else do u expect from a good anime?
honestly, I rlly wna have a debate with someone as to whether or not this anime is good. I will surely win it btw..
Jan 10, 2011 7:42 PM

Nov 2010
LOL, OPINIONS! People like different stuff.
If everyone likes something and you don't that means your a hipster and you fail at life. So go listen to music people have never heard of.
Jan 18, 2011 12:40 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not sure why some people here call it a "crap anime". Oh, yes, I do: You're trolls. Why denunciate it, if you haven't even seen it yourself?

It's fine if people ask what other people liked about it and you can also tell them you didn't like it (or hate it or whatever) because of that and that and that reason.
And still, this doesn't make it a crappy anime - and guess why? Because people have different tastes!
It obviously isn't objectively crappy when LOADS of people liked it - for whatever reasons! (And yes, entertainment is a reason for heaven's sake!) You calling it crappy only mirrors your own opinion - which has no substantive value at all, sorry to tell you that ;)

I'm not a fangirl, I haven't finished it yet (two episodes missing), but I didn't particularly dislike it so far. I'm not exactly one of those who think it is "awesome" or the best anime ever made, but it was entertaining and touched some truly interesting topics which were worth thinking about for a bit. Besides, its suspense was quite good for most of the show and kept me watching some episodes in a row sometimes.

So, yeah, people like different things. I believe you have to learn that that's life. ;D Sad, but true.
I didn't like Elfen Lied at all, which is quite popular. But of course this does not make it a bad anime, just one I couldn't come to like. If there was something about the plot or the presentation, for example, I pointed out how I found it weird or terrible and that's it. I didn't say "Whoo, you people are liking it because it's cool to like it, you're the dead fish swimming with the stream, hah hah!" which I find ridiculously childish.

If you don't like it - fine, no (sane) person would actually say anything against you
(as long as you don't start trolling - let's face it, nobody likes trolls).
But that doesn't make you the "enlightened person who recognized the true value of this anime!" Nor does liking Code Geass make you someone with good taste.

Ready yourselves for this, people!
There's no accounting for taste.

Jan 19, 2011 3:29 AM
Dec 2010
i luv this anime and who ever is calling it crap then u shouldn't watch it!!!!!!!!

its the best anime!!!!
Jan 19, 2011 9:43 AM

Jul 2009
fasihmalik said:
i luv this anime and who ever is calling it crap then u shouldn't watch it!!!!!!
its the best anime!!!!

u mad?

..oh no, u'z just trollin'... :|
Jan 19, 2011 9:47 AM

Aug 2009
its a brain anime. I m amazed by the plot and story flow, thats why I like code geass.
Live in Style - Own an Original Japan-Designed and Manufactured Keitai (mobile phones)!
Available and usable Worldwide, get it at http://www.skyledge.com
Feb 10, 2011 3:38 AM
Feb 2011
Anyone who thinks CG is a mech anime is way off base, and that's being kind. CG might be favorite anime that i have ever seen (and I've seen a lot) and I hate mech animes. CG is a supernatural/magic/strategy anime. And what makes it great is that Lelouch is one of the most epic anime characters of all time. Someone said that what made Deathnote great was seeing Light match wits with his enemies. That's also what makes Code geass great, along with the added intrigue of the nature and history of the power that is geass. The show is for the most part, extremely well written and keeps you on your toes with suspense. I've never invested in a charcter like I did with lelouch,The one thing that surpises me is that people here seem to like season 2 a lot more than season 1. Now the ending is spectacular, but I actually thought season 2 fell off a little bit in the beginning. Season 1 for me was clearly the best anime I have ever watched.
Mar 2, 2011 3:01 AM

Aug 2008
JuicyBuddha said:
I'm not ignorant, I'm discerning. Life's too short to waste on crap anime, regardless of how popular it is. In fact, I'm actually even less interested in this anime after your explanation; what makes Death Note interesting is the battle of wits between Light and his enemies. And "IT'S ENTERTAININING" is not a very good argument in favor of an anime. I wasted so much time on the omfg so epic Gurren Lagann that was supposedly so entertaining when I could have read Chuck Norris jokes for five minutes and got the exact same effect.

I think what I was asking is exactly what this person said, Death note was good because battle of wits between L and Light, FMP was good because it was really funny & any other classic titles which C.G contains within it has it's merits but C.G throws abit of everything in it and it becomes well, nullified since theres no humour in it since its a pretty sad anime tbh and none of the characters are really good to sympathize with esp not lelouche and in additional theres C.C who randomly shows up at start giving lelouche the geass then pretty much does nothing for the entire first season cept for minor things like pilot the mech & not letting Lelouche die when he messes up...

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Mar 12, 2011 5:03 PM
Nov 2010
Code Geass is one of the best anime I've watched. I've finished it after 2 days - both seasons. It's has the best animated action mecha fighting and a lot of eye-candy well executed fan service. Very fast paced, great plot twist, The Geass reminds me of Death Note too.

And no, Death Note and LOGH are not better than Code Geass, in fact I yawned in a lot of pointlessly boring episodes in these 2 first anime while anime Code Geass kept me at the edge of my seat almost all the time, The only problem I have with it is the two pointless filler episodes in school, but I guess this adds to the realism of Lelouch being in high school.

You can't even compare them because : LOGH is obviously meant for adult people while Code Geass is aimed at teenager like every Mecha series ever made by Sunrise. Their series "evolved" and Code Geass was born. Surprise : It's in the top10 best selling anime in Japon. Death Note is a battle between two geniuses, Code Geass is nothing of the sort. It's just a high school kid who got a power that will help him accomplish his goals. He is apparently good at Chess and is willing to sacrifice his (Geassed) allies to accomplish his goals.

Believe it or not, some people likes to watch political conflics with good animated fights instead of being bombarded with philosophical dialog half of the time.

Lelouch is a great character, one of the most complex character I've ever seen. Too bad he doesn't really know how to play chess (lol)
Mar 12, 2011 7:46 PM

Jan 2008
AnimeKraze said:

I think what I was asking is exactly what this person said, Death note was good because battle of wits between L and Light, FMP was good because it was really funny & any other classic titles which C.G contains within it has it's merits but C.G throws abit of everything in it and it becomes well, nullified since theres no humour in it since its a pretty sad anime tbh and none of the characters are really good to sympathize with esp not lelouche and in additional theres C.C who randomly shows up at start giving lelouche the geass then pretty much does nothing for the entire first season cept for minor things like pilot the mech & not letting Lelouche die when he messes up...

You're providing your personal opinion, of course, but I don't think it's too hard to say something positive about Code Geass from a different perspective. Generalizations are a bit unnecessary.

It can be easily argued Lelouch and Suzaku had a dynamic that was the opposite of what is usually seen in most mecha shows. The best pilot with the strongest robot and the most heroic attitude was the antagonist (Suzaku) while the protagonist was more of a tactician than a fighter and had more of a villainous than heroic disposition (Lelouch). The main character also had an internal conflict that made him very much unlike Light Yagami's aloofness and comparative indifference.

So I'd say a number of people find these and other elements to be part of an interesting take on the genre. After all, you have a battle of roles and -vaguely- their corresponding ideals rather than one of wits.

SuperSaiyen said:

And no, Death Note and LOGH are not better than Code Geass, in fact I yawned in a lot of pointlessly boring episodes in these 2 first anime while anime Code Geass kept me at the edge of my seat almost all the time

Unfortunately, I must disagree as this is also a matter of opinion.

Particularly in the case of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the first couple of episodes might not have been the best but, just as well, they did provide a decent introduction into what turned out to be a very detailed and intriguing fictional world in the long run.

It's also worth noting that both of these works are based on written novels (LOGH) and manga (Death Note), respectively. The producers already had a clear outline of where the story was going and how it was supposed to get there, instead of having to make those decisions along the way and deal with the demands of executives or sponsors.

You can't even compare them because : LOGH is obviously meant for adult people while Code Geass is aimed at teenager like every Mecha series ever made by Sunrise.

On the other hand, this does happen to be an entirely valid point. Having said that though, this doesn't mean adults are incapable of enjoying Geass or that teenagers can't like LOGH.
Mar 12, 2011 7:57 PM

Jun 2010
Because it's awesome...?

There. I just answered your question in 3 words.
My avatar is from Kowarekake no Orgel. Please stop asking.
Mar 13, 2011 12:57 PM
Nov 2010
Unfortunately, I must disagree as this is also a matter of opinion.

Yeah. But some people actually think that LOGH/DN > CG like it's an irrefutable mathematic equation and people who think otherwise are retarded simpletons with a very low IQ and bad taste in anime xD
Mar 15, 2011 11:11 AM

Nov 2010
'cause it has tons of flashy action, drama, great animations, and always keeps you on the edge of your seat? Code Geass is one of, if not, the most fun, exciting, engaging, and entertaining animes ever. it's not hard to see why it has such a massive fanbase tbqh.
Mar 16, 2011 4:54 AM
Oct 2010
because it has loads of emotional drama . a roller coaster ride of emotions .
Mar 18, 2011 2:35 PM

Aug 2009
lol... if you ask me, in full honesty and no offence taken, I find it completely weird for people not to be enjoyed by this anime. I won't tell you to find it perfect or whatever.. just be entertained by it.
It might depend on tastes, sure, but still this anime has it ALL. And that is not some sort of over-enthusiasm, it's a logical thought procedure. And by "all" I mean it has from romance to big fights, it has a little shoujo and surely lots of shounen.. but it also has mecha, supernatural, comedy, drama, sci-fi, mystery, emotional moments.. etc etc etc
So if you want my two cents, I'd say NOT liking even a small bit of CG it's like not liking anything.. gah..too picky..
In the end why bother ask why people like it ? That's too long to answer! Better ask why someone would not like it.. that's what would strike me as weird, so the question would be def more appropriate. And I don't think many people would waste more time to explain more than I did, they'd prefer go rewatch the series than caring to answer, trust me... the question didn't start a revolution..
JusticeUndoneMar 18, 2011 2:48 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Mar 18, 2011 4:14 PM

Oct 2008
I don't like the show either... not at all. Zero's outfit it ridiculous, the drawing is horrible (IMO) and the story just doesn't catch me at all.

I really, really, really don't get why people seem to like it so much (-__-)
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Mar 20, 2011 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
Bissen said:
I don't like the show either... not at all. Zero's outfit it ridiculous, the drawing is horrible (IMO) and the story just doesn't catch me at all.

I really, really, really don't get why people seem to like it so much (-__-)

there are already plenty of reasons given in this topic as to why so many people love the Code Geass series. if you still really, really, really don't get it, then you're quite frankly, stupid.
Mar 27, 2011 12:07 AM

Jun 2010
Use ideas from successful anime and incorporate it into a show is what Code Geass...

Show itself isn't bad but not original either.
Mar 28, 2011 8:42 AM

May 2010
Code Geass was the anime that brought me to this world.I was like "I can't believe an epic anime show like this exist Need more!!."

So to my curiousity, I'm here.

About the OP's question, maybe it's because it has lot of elements than any other shows have which tend to draw much more fans.

If you didn't like mecha but you like romance, there you have it
(though it was a sad one lol)
If you didn't like the drama but you like action, there you have it
and etc.

It's one of my favorite shows because it was purely entertaining and mindblowing. Forgive me if my words are over-exaggerated for your taste but can't think any words to describe it. =)
May 18, 2011 5:04 PM
May 2011
Disliked:
-Character drawing.
-Long introdcutions and got me bored out of my mind in the first few episodes.

Liked:
The twist at every end of an event.
-Physcologically Pure-genius. Although not at the level of Death Note.
-Actions
-Drama/ Love, and slice of life.
-Tragedy and train wreck
-It felt like they knew what they were doing. No fill-ins at all
-Their come-back for the 2nd season was pretty cool too.

I didn't know why i continued watching it although it really was boring..
I guess i just watched with a blank mind, but you get that feeling where you want to shoot yourself in those train wrecks. The ups-and-downs of the story was pretty fun.

It is similar to Death Note. It centers around the character trying to be all Justified, and ends up turning into a total psychopath. I've always hated how Light turned all mental, but Code Geass has a totally unexpected ending. And yea, I can bang my face endlessly, cause the plot just drives me nuts.

Some what my favorite anime, but some parts weren't so satisfying so I'd give it: 9 / 10
May 18, 2011 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
The EPIC ending is all I like
Jun 14, 2011 5:30 PM
Jun 2011
nikki121_05 said:
i too was hesitant to watch it at first but when i did try, i totally got hooked. to think that i'm not so interested with mecha. it shouldn't be compared to death note because they are unique in their own ways. Lelouch is the best character i've seen and i agree that this series shouldn't be judged after just an episode or so. who knows, you might realize you're missing so much more for not trying.

couldn't agree more. Someone wants to judge code geass, have to see how it ends. I haven't seen any character like Lelouch before...
May 5, 2013 3:39 AM

Aug 2012
Well check MAL top favourite characters list you'll see lelouch at no. 1 , that explains it all :D
May 5, 2013 3:49 AM

Dec 2012
gino1221 said:
Well check MAL top favourite characters list you'll see lelouch at no. 1 , that explains it all :D

Stop necro pumping threads..
May 5, 2013 4:59 AM

Aug 2012
It's relevant to my interests(genre). Aside from mech that is..
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 11, 2013 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
- Because it has awesome, complicated characters;
- Because it has a great plot;
- Because it makes you cry.
"I believe in panties" ~ Shiina Mashiro
May 22, 2013 2:09 AM

Dec 2012
Anyone who knows anything about military strategy or even basic logic knows lelouch is a joke. And his bones are toothpicks.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
May 22, 2013 2:22 AM

Jul 2008
I liked the ups/downs of the story but the main reason why I liked this show is because so many people died.

If a show/movie/book/etc. can kill off an important character (not necessarily main characters, but if they can kill off a main character...) it adds a sense of realism to the story. Not many shows will kill off a character so when they do, I tend to enjoy the show more.

Now when I say important characters, I mean on the good-guy side as well. Bad guys are supposed to die unless it's Bleach or Naruto. Code Geass had plenty of people dying and that's what I liked the most, especially since it was a military show.
May 28, 2013 10:20 AM
May 2011
Personally , i started liking CG after the first 5 episodes , previous ones were.. meh .
May 29, 2013 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
I can understand but I also understand is what's popular isn't always good. It's definitely better than a trainwreck like Naruto but it isn't the best. People only compare it to Death Note because of the main character and only then just because Death Note's the only next popular thing, Lelouch and Light wanted to change the world to different extremes and in different ways. Lelouch is a terrorist, a Prince, a rebel, that reminds of someone else from a better and sadly less popular anime rather than Kira/Light Yagami.
Code Geass in my eyes was an attempt to make yet another alternate universe of certain anime series while trying to avoid comparisons from its earliest and greatest works.
Fortress_MaximusMay 29, 2013 3:49 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 29, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
Sometimes I cringe when I see this anime being compared to masterpieces like LotGH and Gundam but now I pat the people that made that recomenddation on the back, because it's true (if you go one way), it's nothing like Death Note, if you watch this as your first military-sci-fi anime, it will bring you less disappointment. when you experience better and mature works. I remember when I saw 08th Ms Team as my first Gundam and I enjoyed it, it was a masterpiece but it made watching lesser works like G and Wing more disappointing, so leave the good stuff at until the end.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 29, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2013
Must be those pointy ass chins, especially on R2.

Ok bad joking aside... I think it's good but not OMFG good, but that's just me.
Primus2x said:
I can understand but I also understand is what's popular isn't always good. It's definitely better than a trainwreck like Naruto but it isn't the best. People only compare it to Death Note because of the main character and only then just because Death Note's the only next popular thing, Lelouch and Light wanted to change the world to different extremes and in different ways. Lelouch is a terrorist, a Prince, a rebel, that reminds of someone else from a better and sadly less popular anime rather than Kira/Light Yagami.
Code Geass in my eyes was an attempt to make yet another alternate universe of certain anime series while trying to avoid comparisons from its earliest and greatest works.
Primus2x said:
Sometimes I cringe when I see this anime being compared to masterpieces like LotGH and Gundam but now I pat the people that made that recomenddation on the back, because it's true (if you go one way), it's nothing like Death Note, if you watch this as your first military-sci-fi anime, it will bring you less disappointment. when you experience better and mature works. I remember when I saw 08th Ms Team as my first Gundam and I enjoyed it, it was a masterpiece but it made watching lesser works like G and Wing more disappointing, so leave the good stuff at until the end.
I somewhat agree.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 29, 2013 10:50 PM
Feb 2013
I hope I never get to the point where I watch so much anime that I can't enjoy a good anime when I see one.
I just finished the 1st part and I'm going to finish off the 2nd part, but I thought it was a thrilling ride. I love watching intellectual entertainment, and the claim to the "lack of originality" is rather ridiculous, because at the end of the day nothing is absolutely original. I love the plot twist, the character development worked, and I enjoy any series where the the storywriters presents a sense of danger by potentially killing off any of there characters. The contrast being Lelouch and Sazaku , the mystery of Lelouch hiding and sneaking to kill off his own blood, the consumption and self inflicted corruption of his own soul... I enjoyed the watch and I feel it deserves the accolade that it gets...
Jun 26, 2013 8:45 PM
Jun 2013
Watch the very last episode... in my opinion it's why people like code geass, and lelouch, so much... the rest of it just helps you to understand that episode better.
Apr 3, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2014
For me personally, I heard of it from a friend and he said it was amazing. While watching I enjoyed parts but the small parts of it I liked were dragging me through the rest of the show. It's one of those shows that just makes me upset to think of, there are a lot of things I didn't like and no one has ever shed light on an example of the good aspects of the show. It may take a forced re-watch or something, but for now I don't agree with the over the top ratings.
Apr 8, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2014
People like shows like code geass and death note because of the 'game'.
These are usually intelligent people who like the show for being unpredictable and smart. This is what makes these kinds of shows unique too.
Apr 8, 2014 11:22 PM

Aug 2012
It because I root Lelouch x CC
Apr 10, 2014 7:58 PM
Nov 2010
When you truly understand it, you will enjoy it. If you don't, well you're most likely one of those ppl who think there's a ton of flaws or some crap.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Apr 11, 2014 3:20 PM

Nov 2012
Fundog said:
When you truly understand it, you will enjoy it. If you don't, well you're most likely one of those ppl who think there's a ton of flaws or some crap.
I know right? People should look in the mirror before they judge a anime in the top 30 if not the top 60.
Apr 11, 2014 8:55 PM
Apr 2014
I made it through episode 6 with the cat chase and am having a hard time continuing. The first couple episodes were still watchable even with the ridiculous amount of tropes it was lighthearted fun, but I'm wondering if it picks up again or if its just not for me.
Apr 12, 2014 1:56 PM

Feb 2012
johnyjohny said:
Fundog said:
I know right? People should look in the mirror before they judge a anime in the top 30 if not the top 60.

most people are retarded.
Apr 29, 2014 5:50 PM
Apr 2014
I'm browsing this thread with the same question as the OP. I'm new to anime and I don't want to miss anything precious, but still after one episode I don't want to watch anymore because:

The art style. The level of disproportion with the spider-like, praying mantis-style arms and legs of the characters is waaay too high for my liking - everybody looks awkward to me. This is also the first anime I've seen with overtly-glamorized male characters with feminine features. Major, major strike out for me. I'd understand if it was a style to give a single character for some flair but as a general style for the male cast, HELL NO.

At the risk of sounding like a troll, if I preferred girls to be very underweight and liked smooching dudes, I'd probably like the art style.

They also made the chess analogy so tactless and contrived, it's like they wanted you to know immediately it would keep happening. I can't take that risk.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.