Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 5, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well delays are always stupid >_> but for this show the wait is always worth it ^^ Can't wait for next weeks episode
Jan 5, 2013 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
That was pretty awesome! I can't wait for the new episodes, argh. I want it to come fast. Dx
That scene with Killua at the start was epic.
Jan 5, 2013 9:13 PM

Jun 2012
Wow this episode flew by like it was 5 minutes even though this was a lot of exposition and setting up the rules of the game! The highlights of this episode for me were Killua's killer instinct after he had trace put on him and the music during Genthru's explanation of forming a combo. I'll only say this to avoid spoilers but it's really ironic because of events that play out later in the arc X D

Killua and Gon really do have a beautiful friendship, Gon is the yin to Killua's yang... They're perfect together. When Killua showed his rage towards the guy who put the spell on him, this is the same person who looks kawaii 2 minutes later

Jan 5, 2013 9:14 PM

Jul 2011
Killua's too adorable. @_@
Love their friendship.

And Biscuit! :D

Hell yes. "What did you just do to me?" - Killua. :D

Looking great so far. Excited for more.

They really need to change the opening song though. ><
Jan 5, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
always great as usual, 5/5.
maybe because I already watched GI OVA, the explanation kinda boring for me.
can't wait for next week... I want to see some fights.
renantheraJan 5, 2013 9:29 PM
Jan 5, 2013 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
that was fast~ (really fast..)
some nice moments in this ep, though some of those were also moments I wish they did differently, but ah well
greed island~~
Jan 5, 2013 9:47 PM
Nov 2012
I'm glad that I finally get to watch HxH Phantom Rogue. Huh? what's that? that was just a regular episode? Sure felt like I was watching a movie though.
Jan 5, 2013 9:50 PM

Dec 2011
Killua's dere moments. Hehehe.

Can't wait for next ep, they are finally going to battle that Cyclops.
They made Bisuke too loli! It'll take time to get used to her voice!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 10:01 PM
Dec 2009
I'm really liking this arc. I love it when Killua goes all dark like in this episode and then later you see his soft side towards Gon. Truly one of the best friendships in anime. It's so nice to finally be in a new arc that wasn't shown in the previous version. Can't wait for next weeks episode.
Jan 5, 2013 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode. The animation was top notch. I'm just overly excited for this arc especially for next episode. The banter between Killua and ______ [choosing not to spoil] is hilarious.. at least from the manga it was funny.

Killua is probably my favorite Tsundere

Oh and the opening and ending are so perfect! The Ending especially!! It fits this arc so well!

It did seem a bit rushed.. and what about Jan ken pon??
Jan 5, 2013 10:19 PM
Feb 2012
Madhouse is breezing through the pacing (this was nearly two episodes from the Greed Island OVA) and almost four chapters from the manga. Yet it doesn't feel like it's
skipping much. There may be some missing details and there's one missing scene
of [spoiler} Battera asking how the new recruits are and Tsezguerra gives them a positive review.Plus Tsezguerra has to return to the game within a certain amount of time or all his data will be deleted. But it's a pretty insignificant scene and could easily fit else where. There's also another scene where
it's a humorous scene but again it's not really necessary

But yeah...so far I'm loving it and it's really only been exposition so far.
I dunno but I think it's just fun seeing these "new" locations and meeting
"new" characters. I say new in terms of the anime. Of course as a manga
reader I've read all this before and I've watched the old OVA so I could
say "I've seen this before" but to me it doesn't feel that way. To me
it's almost like having seen an old VHS copy of a good classic movie
and then seeing it again in Blu Ray and you're just like WHOA.

can't wait for next episode!
Jan 5, 2013 10:24 PM
Feb 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Wow this episode flew by like it was 5 minutes even though this was a lot of exposition and setting up the rules of the game! The highlights of this episode for me were Killua's killer instinct after he had trace put on him and the music during Genthru's explanation of forming a combo. I'll only say this to avoid spoilers but it's really ironic because of events that play out later in the arc X D

Killua and Gon really do have a beautiful friendship, Gon is the yin to Killua's yang... They're perfect together. When Killua showed his rage towards the guy who put the spell on him, this is the same person who looks kawaii 2 minutes later

That picture basically explains why Killua is such an amazing character
he can change so drastically in such a short period of time and
yet it amazingly doesn't feel forced (well to me it doesn't)
It doesn't feel like Killua is being "haunted" by an inner demon
but rather IS his own inner demon and it doesn't feel like
Killua is a bad guy who's shoehorned into a good guy.

Plus each side is great and could work on their own
and Killua would still be a good character but
together he's an awesome character.
Jan 5, 2013 10:35 PM

May 2011
Gon and Killua's friendship is so sweet I can barely stand it, I love it so. Whenever Killua looks surprised at Gon feeling the same, gah, my heart.
Jan 5, 2013 10:41 PM

Jan 2009
Evanjs said:
Well delays are always stupid >_> but for this show the wait is always worth it

truer words have never been spoken
not much action happened in this episode and the suspense for the next episodes is killing me
Jan 5, 2013 11:31 PM

Dec 2010
I really like Killua and Gon's friendship, as usual another awesome episode.
Jan 5, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2012
For anyone who wants to know: 20 billion goes to the first 20 members of the group while the rest (30 b) will be split among those who joined afterward
Jan 5, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode, but I hate how they spoiled it and
Jan 6, 2013 12:16 AM

Feb 2010
This is how you are supposed to do a game anime.

Actually explanation of game mechanics and such.
Jan 6, 2013 12:17 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode as always, it really felt like it was only 5 minutes. Well, I guess that just means that the show is good at holding the viewer's attention.

Next week looks like it has the duo fighting, so it should be a great one. Can't wait!
Jan 6, 2013 12:17 AM

Jul 2010
Pros: DAT KILLUA SCENE. True killer look right there

Cons: Music, especially on that last part during G&K. I mean, shouldn't it be mellow, since it's bromance and all...
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 6, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ruii said:
I'm glad that I finally get to watch HxH Phantom Rogue. Huh? what's that? that was just a regular episode? Sure felt like I was watching a movie though.

Great story coupled with great studio = masterpiece.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 6, 2013 12:58 AM

Sep 2012
Very nice episode, can't wait for next week.
Jan 6, 2013 2:11 AM

Jan 2011
So after spending the whole week burning through HXH i have to say i had a blast on the ride here i remember ages ago watching amvs of the old one but i never got into the remake till now

it started of kind childish and simple so i felt kinda bummed because i thought there would be more blood etc but during the exams i noticed a lot of people dying and i was like is this a kids show or not? lol felt very censored at parts, but holy crap once the Phantom arc started i fell in love with this series kinda caught me off guard how much the tone changed in that arc.

seen a lot of people talk about this green Island arc i hope it's really good but will we see people as powerful as the Troupe?,besides the members that joined the game.
Jan 6, 2013 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
I hope I get more used to Bisuke's voice later down the line, I didn't like it as much as I hoped (and for once it wasn't as good as the old version :O)

I really liked Genthru's voice though. I always thougth his old one didn't fit him, so I enjoyed one that wasn't as dark.
His hair color sucked though :P
Jan 6, 2013 3:32 AM

Jun 2011
HxH BEST SHOUNEN NOW.. as a one piece fanboy i admit it..
i loved this episode..
we got some info. about the game.
Great pace + Great animation + Great story progression.
the only thing i disliked about this ep. Biscuit VA .. but i will get used to it ;p
5/5
Jan 6, 2013 3:40 AM
Mar 2012
I had a dream last night of this anime adding badass soundtrack, turns out it was wrong, they are still using old soundtracks
Jan 6, 2013 3:45 AM

Dec 2009
Oh dear, Madhouse is doing Greed Island justice. Maybe this will be even better than the manga.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 6, 2013 3:45 AM

Nov 2012
Hunter x Hunter always gives us great episodes, like always!
So hoping to see the next episode already. It's so hard to wait for a week, but I guess there's no choice (o_o")
Jan 6, 2013 3:48 AM
Mar 2012
I do feel sorry for that guy that died, he could have become a badass character
ok seriously, he should have been lying on his back, if they keep censoring things like this I don't think we'll see a good adaptation of the CA arc, also they skipped the money part, they didn't say much about bomber's ability either
ShadugeJan 6, 2013 4:09 AM
Jan 6, 2013 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode, can't wait for next week.

Jan 6, 2013 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
*cries because of Gon and Killua* I am a wreck right now, they're so freaking perfect and Madhouse did it so sweet with Killua's thoughts. Was that watercolour? I can't even. Also, I don't remember this being in the manga, but I love it: "But you're playing this game to help me find my dad..." ("You're wrong... I'm playing this game because...") FILL IN THE BLANKS. Ahjdjshsdjdksshdjk well done Madhouse I approve. You are the best studio. T__T

All Killua's expressions and just... wow, they animate him so well. I loved murderous!Killua but he's just so dang cute. Still loving Reason's fade in. Amazing ep. So worth the wait ;w;
Jan 6, 2013 4:48 AM

Jan 2012
Awwww gon and killua at the end lol. Good episode, the ending is finally growing on me.
Jan 6, 2013 5:10 AM

Feb 2008
Loved Killua's rage moment.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 6, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2012
Well, so far, so good. Nice episode, I think I will like this more than the previous Greed Island OVA.
Jan 6, 2013 5:23 AM

Mar 2012
"well they can't be this good if they can be spotted from so far" was Killua's line

The dead guy was lying on his back, but there's still less censorship here. Before we only see a black hole, smoke coming out and no blood.

The scene with the troll player tracing Killua took a lot less time

They skipped the scene where they come across the dog and then Killua reads the "Lost" posters the dog is there.

They finally showed Paku's grave

Biscuit looks better in this version
End Zionazism
Jan 6, 2013 8:37 AM
Oct 2011
Can we stop spoiling the arc already? Yes? Ok, thanks. >.>
(we all know people have no will-power and open spoilers really fast -_-)

OT:
A good episode. Really liking the VAs. (need to hear more from Biscuit's)
Mikasa said:
They finally showed Paku's grave

I was actually wondering for whom that grave was, once I saw it I remembered Uvo for some reason, but then I remembered he was buried by Kurapika.
Biscuit looks better in this version
She sure does.
Jan 6, 2013 8:42 AM
Feb 2012
Shaduge said:
ok seriously, he should have been lying on his back, if they keep censoring things like this I don't think we'll see a good adaptation of the CA arc, also they skipped the money part, they didn't say much about bomber's ability either

If absolute gore is all that matters to you about the Chimera Ant arc then you WILL
be disappointed because there's really no way the anime will be as bloody as the
manga. Not in this day and age. Is it lame? Sure but just because it's a little
less violent are you really going to let that ruin the series for you? I hope not.

On the contrary I found having the guy laying on his back to be
a brilliant move by Madhouse. There's much worse they could
have done. Hell they could have shown nothing and we just
hear them talking about a guy who got bombed.
Or they could have just a big ugly censor bar.
Which personally I don't really mind myself as it
can be removed in the uncut version but many
don't take a liking to it.

But imo Madhouse has been getting better at what I like to call
"smooth censorship" which is basically the obvious of a glaringly
obvious censorship bar. We're still getting the violence but
just not as directly as we would in the manga.

And they are being far more liberal with the blood
then they were in the beginning. Remember episode 5?

I don't expect it to be as bloody and direct as the manga
but as long as we still get the scenes and Madhouse figures
out a good way to show them I'll be happy.

Though the biggest challenge awaits at the end of this arc

Jan 6, 2013 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
Complaining about censorship is not fair. I didn't read the manga, but it's obvious that this adaptation censors a lot less than the 1999 version.. At least since the yorkshin arc.
Jan 6, 2013 9:19 AM

Aug 2012
Another great episode everything looks great in G.I waiting for Hisoka to re-appear
Biscuit looks very cute I like her
Jan 6, 2013 9:21 AM

Jun 2010
Dat mad Killua!!!!!

And BISCUITTTTTTT~
Jan 6, 2013 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
awesome so glad to see this episode out after I finished the GI Final OVA's. so far I like (most) of the 2011 character designs better than the '99 ones, we'll see how it goes from here! though the OVA's seemed to up the production value versus the televised series.
I love Killua! He'll make up for Kurapica being gone. I was seriously mad after they made Kurapica such a badass in Yorknew that they take him out the next arc -_-

Killua is awesome though, I like the animation during his "killer" scene at the beginning, if it needs to be mentioned again. Though I dont remember Gon's reasoning for going to the clan (trying to beat the game) because he's "worried about the spell card cast on Killua." I dont remember that reasoning from "selfish" Gon nor him needing to tell Killua how he's worried to convince them to join the person inviting them to their group.
Im excited to see Hisoka in this arc and how he is portrayed! A antagonist that has slowly but SURELY risen steadly in my favorite's list. Which is actually why Im mad

Well, time to hit the manga. Im about to start reading the chimera ant arc. I hope it's as good and as "gorey" as Ive heard. Im not looking for gore but a little less censorship on the violence via canon material is always an exciting change.
Jan 6, 2013 9:47 AM
Sep 2012
HxH stop spamming us with the best episode of the week every week >.<
Jan 6, 2013 9:50 AM
Sep 2012
dextronaut said:
awesome so glad to see this episode out after I finished the GI Final OVA's. so far I like (most) of the 2011 character designs better than the '99 ones, we'll see how it goes from here! though the OVA's seemed to up the production value versus the televised series.
I love Killua! He'll make up for Kurapica being gone. I was seriously mad after they made Kurapica such a badass in Yorknew that they take him out the next arc -_-

Killua is awesome though, I like the animation during his "killer" scene at the beginning, if it needs to be mentioned again. Though I dont remember Gon's reasoning for going to the clan (trying to beat the game) because he's "worried about the spell card cast on Killua." I dont remember that reasoning from "selfish" Gon nor him needing to tell Killua how he's worried to convince them to join the person inviting them to their group.
Im excited to see Hisoka in this arc and how he is portrayed! A antagonist that has slowly but SURELY risen steadly in my favorite's list. Which is actually why Im mad

Well, time to hit the manga. Im about to start reading the chimera ant arc. I hope it's as good and as "gorey" as Ive heard. Im not looking for gore but a little less censorship on the violence via canon material is always an exciting change.

CA starts at chapter 185 but read the first chapter so you know who Kite is

Also there are many cool characters so screw Hisoka :P
Jan 6, 2013 9:53 AM
Oct 2011
Derps said:
dextronaut said:

CA starts at chapter 185 but read the first chapter so you know who Kite is
or watch the first episode of the 1999 version.
Jan 6, 2013 10:06 AM

Dec 2007
I don't see why we don't just get rid of the spoiler tag altogether and prohibit talking about manga spoilers in anime threads.
Jan 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Nov 2011
The urge my friend, the urge, it cannot be quenched.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 6, 2013 12:44 PM

Jan 2008
Well you aren't supposed to discuss anything beyond this episode in this thread. With or without spoiler tags.

I don't want to be an ass but I might start reporting posts if this keeps going (and if I still remember it next week XD).
Jan 6, 2013 1:32 PM

Jul 2012
Dam... i was looking forward to Killua killing that guy...
Jan 6, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2010
Great ep ^^
I love Gon and Killua's friendship so much
Jan 6, 2013 2:22 PM

Oct 2011
Shaduge said:

Chill ya pansy, he was still engulfed in a pool of blood. Honestly, you'd think after Yorkshin people would stop complaining about the gore going into CA. It will be no where close to the manga's level of brutality, but it will still be brutal in its own right, just like Yorkshin was.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

62 by omorashi »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.