Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 26, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
Dat ending was a little bit sad.

> Debating on watching the movie or just get started on season 2
Mar 1, 2014 8:28 PM
Sep 2011
Acropyre said:
Dat ending was a little bit sad.

> Debating on watching the movie or just get started on season 2

Either works, as the Movie is just a retelling of the first season, with a few stuff changed. And better pacing. And MUCH better animations.
Mar 21, 2014 8:03 AM

Aug 2013
That was nice :D On to the next season!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 12, 2014 3:12 PM

May 2012
While it was a pretty lovely ending I still couldn't directly find me liking this series completely, it had a good concept and some nice development but by the series rating which is rather high I personally can't find myself saying the same about the quality of the show.

All in all it's pretty decent but it could've been better by a lot! I am interested what the other season have to offer but for this first one it's a 6/10 for me.
Oct 18, 2014 7:56 PM

Sep 2013
Woah, they became completely different characters there for a second when they undid their hair bands.
Oct 28, 2014 11:06 PM

Sep 2013
The final episode is well done, if rather conventional in style, and it is a good resolution to the story. It leaves just enough of an opening for the series to continue. I plan to start watching the second season soon.

As a fan of Madoka Magica, I decided to search for some of the shows that might have influenced it or led to it, and Lyrical Nanoha seemed like a good choice. It deviates somewhat from the genre conventions without being a complete subversion, and it has unusually complex underlying themes. Overall, I enjoyed it and found it interesting, although it has some flaws that are difficult to ignore. Unnecessary and distracting fan service always causes me to drop the score of a series by a point; here, I find it particularly troublesome because the characters involved are so young, and if there had been more of it, I probably would have taken two or three more points off the score. Also, certain elements of the plot were a bit awkward, particularly the willingness of Nanoha's family to let her disappear for extended periods of time without worrying too much. I'm on the fence between 7 and 8 right now, so given the strong reviews for the second season, I have tentatively given it an 8, and perhaps that score will solidify as I see more of the series. (I don't ordinarily give different scores to each season; I prefer to treat the series as a whole.)

Despite my complaints, I find this series to be generally successful, and it is worthwhile in its own right, not just as a series to compare with Madoka Magica.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Apr 8, 2015 6:38 AM

Dec 2012
Exchanging and wearing each other's ribbons was so sweet. A simple farewell scene and it was so heartwarming, especially with Fate constantly saying "Nanoha." Sometimes the emotions will be worth more than any dialogue could have been.

I have to say this turned out to be a real treat. I was a bit skeptical when I first picked it up, but it really took on an unexpected turn of events. It seems like the popular opinion is that Fate is awesome and I definitely agree, her entrance is what really piqued my interest into how the rest of the show would unfold. I like how she developed from a girl desperate for mother's approval to someone who wanted to take her first steps forward towards making herself happy. I also like Nanoha's character in general, I just have a soft spot for those high energy, overly positive characters.

7.5/10, no doubt I'll be checking out the sequel in the near future.
Jan 20, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2015
WeirdHeather said:
The final episode is well done, if rather conventional in style, and it is a good resolution to the story. It leaves just enough of an opening for the series to continue. I plan to start watching the second season soon.

As a fan of Madoka Magica, I decided to search for some of the shows that might have influenced it or led to it, and Lyrical Nanoha seemed like a good choice. It deviates somewhat from the genre conventions without being a complete subversion, and it has unusually complex underlying themes. Overall, I enjoyed it and found it interesting, although it has some flaws that are difficult to ignore. Unnecessary and distracting fan service always causes me to drop the score of a series by a point; here, I find it particularly troublesome because the characters involved are so young, and if there had been more of it, I probably would have taken two or three more points off the score. Also, certain elements of the plot were a bit awkward, particularly the willingness of Nanoha's family to let her disappear for extended periods of time without worrying too much. I'm on the fence between 7 and 8 right now, so given the strong reviews for the second season, I have tentatively given it an 8, and perhaps that score will solidify as I see more of the series. (I don't ordinarily give different scores to each season; I prefer to treat the series as a whole.)

Despite my complaints, I find this series to be generally successful, and it is worthwhile in its own right, not just as a series to compare with Madoka Magica.

Akiyuki Shinbo worked on the first season of Nanoha, he would expect people to be familiar with the series before watching Madoka.
Also, this series had a very distant source material, which is about Nanoha's family and their occupations. This too, is considered audience default knowledge by the scriptwriter and director.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
May 20, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2009
At first, I thought that this show would be like a Cardcaptor Sakura theme. But it turns out to be interesting when they introduced Fate on the story. I love the pacing, art, characters and friendship.

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2016 4:33 AM

Apr 2015
SunsetHearts said:
Well yeah, you're right-I just watched Madoka Magica before Nanoha, so that's why I said that. xD But yeah, I just thought the similarities were interesting. X3

They share the same director.
Akiyuki Shinbo directed the first season of Nanoha, he would expect people to be familiar with the series before watching Madoka.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Dec 28, 2016 11:02 AM

Aug 2016
The last episode was kinda boring, but the anime itself was pretty good, 7/10 :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 16, 2017 4:46 AM

Dec 2014
I found the whole thing boring. I never got interesting in any of the things that were happening which sucks. Fate's a cool character in a boring show. I've read that it apparently gets a lot better in the second season so even though I didn't like this I'll probably check out A's at some point.

5/10
Feb 13, 2018 10:23 PM

Dec 2016
I am really happy that Fate took Nanoha’s hand.

Nanoha & Yuuno get an award, that’s pretty cool.

Funny moments there between Naonha & Chrono in this episode + Amy.

Magnificent beautiful heartwarming touching farewell between Fate & Nanoha, and also a little bit between Arf & Yuuno.

I really like how they exchanged their hair bands, we even go to see those 2 with them on the in ending scenes, I actually like Nanoha better with her down like that.

That is the end of a fantastic anime. 9/10

I wasn’t able to give it 10/10 because of the continuous torture Fate received form her mother, that was a bit too disturbing to watch.
Apr 1, 2018 2:25 PM

Jun 2017
Couldn't bring myself to care about about anything beside Fate and Nanoha, and found the Space-Time Bureaucracy or whatever obnoxious. Still, there's a lot of interesting things to talk about this series, and I don't regret watching it.
Jan 16, 2019 6:10 PM

Oct 2015
That was an emotional scene between Nanoha and Fate, exchanging ribbons was so sentimental and sealed their friendship. I wonder if she'll be alright though and if they'll prosecute her, even though chronos said they won't. So Yuuno decided to stay on as a ferret and freeload on Nanoha, what a true guy he is.

Fate's mother deserved that death fall, the way she spoke with Fate was uncalled for. I wished to see Alhazard myself too, I hope season 2 addresses that place because it sounds interesting.

Overall I enjoyed it very much and I loved both Fate and Nanoha, I hope season 2 will bring them closer and fight together. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 13, 2019 4:58 AM

Aug 2018
Amy is also interested in Chrono, hm?.. ;p
Not breaking mobile as waking up again, noooo!! ;p
Aw, Nanoha and Fate are such friends now.. Caring for each other so much.. So bittersweet..
Overall, I guess I wasn't satisfied only with a couple of episodes, when girls fought, without us really knowing nothing, and watching girls fighting for the sense of fighting.. But overall anime had great slice of life moments.. Characters had their souls and were interesting.. Even some of the fighting I usually not a big fan off - even some of this was quite thrilling at times.. So overall it was a good anime.. But I guess I'll have to watch second season, which is highly appraised, to understand more of what is Nanoha's anime actually is.. For now I'll give it a nice score, since also ending episode was satisfying, besides other things.. But I'll have to also watch second season sometimes in the future..
May 24, 2021 8:27 AM
Dec 2018
I finally watched this anime that has been on my list for a long time. I enjoyed the show it has a simple concept and premise. The ending is very sweet I hope Fate will be back in the second season.
8/10. I'm a little bit bias when it comes to the magical girl genre.
Apr 16, 2022 6:33 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This show really needed an episode like to this to clean out all that heavy atmosphere, leaving a rather like final episode was a wise choice.
100% sure they will meet again, so not sad at all, besides I plan to start A's right after this.

Holding on in watching this series for so long, I am happy it managed to mmet/excede my expectations at parts, it is not perfect and the last episodes had some parts I didnt enjoy that much, but the essentials were laid out very well, so they only need to build from here, and give us even more yuri bait (that hug between both was so satisfying to see) .

OShoranO said:
Yuri route has been confirmed.

Lol, they blushed when the meet eachother again and the exchange of ribbons was soo sweet!!

8.2/10= 8
Aug 8, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
This is the only anime I have seen that has a whole episode dedicated to a closure post the final fight, doesn't feel boring or dragged out, just perfect.
Apr 20, 2023 2:14 PM
Mar 2023
Now I can PROPERLY Reread The movie 1st manga with all the contexts!
I really enjoyed it
Jun 1, 2023 3:44 PM

Oct 2015
That was such a touching and heartwarming ending. Seeing Fate finally happy and able to move on from her horrible past as well as accepting Nanoha's friendship was so sweet. Amazing way to end the anime imo.
Sep 7, 2023 9:40 AM
Feb 2021
Poor Chrono-kun never stood a chance.

Banger finale to a banger show. It's weird because on paper the show seems kinda mid, but it does a lot to elevate itself. Nanoha herself was a stand out character really, having really childish ideals, but she still captured the existential dread part really well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlueYoshi - Mar 7, 2008

54 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 3 Discussion

aero - Nov 15, 2008

43 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 10, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Oct 29, 2008

25 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 4, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Oct 29, 2008

51 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 16, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Nov 25, 2008

28 by Baskarite »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.