Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 2:28 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Z-city is where Onepunch Man lives right? It seems that not all of these heroes are useless after all.
Jan 1, 2013 7:34 PM

Feb 2012
^Yep and Genos noticed the approaching duo.

So many characters were introduced (well, kinda), I hope they will return in the future.
Jan 1, 2013 8:58 PM

Feb 2008
I wonder why Z-city is considered to be such an awful place. Saitama has been actively destroying all the major threats in the area for 3 years, it shouldn't take much of a hero to deal with pipsqueaks he ignores.

Though this does explain why Genos thought it was safe to fight the mosquito chick in Saitama's neighborhood.

Boring chapter overall, no real plot advancement and nothing particularly funny and/or surprising. Hopefully this is setting up something awesome in the next chapter.
Jan 2, 2013 10:13 AM

Oct 2007
jacobpaige said:

Boring chapter overall, no real plot advancement and nothing particularly funny and/or surprising. Hopefully this is setting up something awesome in the next chapter.

I'm sorry, what? this chapter had more plot advancement (or should i say plot beginning?) than the whole series so far. or are you confusing "plot" with "action"? while i'll agree it wasnt the most entertaining chapter, this looks like the setup for an actual story is starting that might last more than a couple chapters.
Jan 3, 2013 8:42 AM

Jun 2010
Who's the girl with Saitaman in the last page?
Jan 3, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
Shiken said:
jacobpaige said:

I'm sorry, what? this chapter had more plot advancement (or should i say plot beginning?) than the whole series so far. or are you confusing "plot" with "action"? while i'll agree it wasnt the most entertaining chapter, this looks like the setup for an actual story is starting that might last more than a couple chapters.

While I did it find it boring, I do understand that it was needed and a nice set up chapter for what's to come, so I had no problem with it overall.

Oh, and horse mask.
Jan 7, 2013 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
-MgZ_ said:

Yeah I was wondering the same?? She looks good :)
Jan 7, 2013 5:19 PM

Oct 2011
Barion-Zara said:
-MgZ_ said:

Yeah I was wondering the same?? She looks good :)

I did some research regarding that and it turns out she's the protagonist in a One Shot manga called Dangan Tenshi Fanclub. I'm a bit disappointed she probably won't make an appearance in OPM. :(

Jan 13, 2013 12:34 AM

Feb 2008
Shiken said:
jacobpaige said:

I'm sorry, what? this chapter had more plot advancement (or should i say plot beginning?) than the whole series so far. or are you confusing "plot" with "action"? while i'll agree it wasn't the most entertaining chapter, this looks like the setup for an actual story is starting that might last more than a couple chapters.
I can see where you're coming from, but honestly, all that exposition just felt like a red herring of some sort. That and I kept waiting for Saitama to make an appearance so it made it hard to appreciate the chapter.
Jan 17, 2013 4:47 AM

Nov 2012
What's that thing at the end?
May 20, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
TheJareBox said:
What's that thing at the end?

MYSTERIOUS BEING.
Apr 2, 2015 2:25 AM

Feb 2011
wonder if it's saitama presence to attract all the strong monsters

it would be funny if the comedic battles did have a real effect of the world, that would be so meta

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 8, 2015 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
yep Z-City or Z-Ville in previous chapters is where Saitama lives
Sep 16, 2015 5:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Really long chapter, and it kinda dragged. It was entertaining nevertheless.

4/5
Dec 25, 2015 3:00 PM

Feb 2011

Ehehe all the comments about the 'Demon Cyborg', and Saitama's reaction I cant.

"As the people only wrote down their impressions after looking at a picture of me and don't really know anything about me, I don't particularly care." Lol that'd be my reaction too Genos.

"Even if the world does not acknowledge it, I have to say that I have yet to meet a person as outstanding as you, teacher." P=

Omg that cover image. "Hunter x Hunter is super interesting".

Glorious color pages.

I love that thinking of Saitama's dorky face gave Genos the determination to do what he needed to.

Hahaha dat ass.
眠れないのは君のせい
Dec 28, 2015 11:09 AM
Oct 2014
Chouninatte said:

Ehehe all the comments about the 'Demon Cyborg', and Saitama's reaction I cant.

"As the people only wrote down their impressions after looking at a picture of me and don't really know anything about me, I don't particularly care." Lol that'd be my reaction too Genos.

"Even if the world does not acknowledge it, I have to say that I have yet to meet a person as outstanding as you, teacher." P=

Omg that cover image. "Hunter x Hunter is super interesting".

Glorious color pages.

I love that thinking of Saitama's dorky face gave Genos the determination to do what he needed to.

Hahaha dat ass.

Seems like you're confused with how the chapters are numbered. Check out Mangakoi's one punch man section it has both the standard chapter count and the odd ones with decimals for each chapter
Jan 17, 2016 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
Enter Bang and Metal Knight ~

A giant meteor crashing down? No problem ~ I think..
Sep 6, 2016 6:44 PM

May 2009
I actually really loved the chapter.
Genos going full power was cool (even though he completely failed... Again)
Also Bang looks like an interesting character
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
May 27, 2017 4:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Z-city the worst city of all them!!
Jul 8, 2020 4:59 AM
Jan 2018
I think it's clear that saitama is the rumored monster in the town
Sep 3, 2020 11:56 PM

Aug 2012
This post is discussing all the chapter 21's. For starters, Saitama's got great taste in manga. More importantly, this may have been the most impressive flex I've seen in awhile. I love how wholly this story embraced the cinematic flipbook style, and they did it in so many different ways. The first zoom out to showcase the meteor was perhaps the weakest so far, but it was still cool to see that technique be implemented in a different style. From there they just keep getting better and better.

The second half being colour pages just blew me away. I tend to actually prefer black and white for my manga in most cases, but the use of colour here was exquisite. Bofoi's robot couldn't have nearly looked as impressive in the black and white scheme as it does here, with all the colour reflecting off it, and it gave all the attacks on the meteor an extra dazzle to it all.

The final flipbook was the best, for the more dynamic camera work for lack of a better phrase and for ending on a pretty funny gag.
Dec 12, 2022 11:38 PM

May 2021
Guess sheer power still sometimes ain't enough to save you.

Feb 23, 2023 3:51 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Summer is indeed here.
Mar 22, 2:59 AM
Dec 2022
Genos better meteor time

BANG!!!
this was cool

genos powerup and metal knight

MR PUNCH HAS ARRIVED

long long chapter but PEAK
Mar 31, 12:10 AM
Nov 2022
If Saitama had known about the hero association a long time ago, maybe he would have lived a relaxed life and been at the top of the rankings.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your girl

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

21 by TheHonouredOne12 »»
Apr 20, 10:49 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 247 Discussion

deg - Feb 21

24 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:38 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 246 Discussion

deg - Feb 7

17 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 245 Discussion

deg - Jan 24

26 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:26 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 244 Discussion

deg - Dec 27, 2023

16 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.