Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2008 1:02 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite the battle in this episode. Overall, it was executed pretty well.
Nov 23, 2008 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, this series went from interest to a major yawn in the matter of a single episode. This was just a terrible episode and the preview for the next one didn't look much better.

Man I'm glad this is only 12 episodes and not 24, because I probably would have quit midway even though I hate not finishing anything. This was just outright depressing and there's no way any of the four could match Enjin, so what's the point? Eventually Enjin is going to be defeated, with or without saving Gin, but it's not going to believable if they're no match for him now and the conclusion is in 6 episodes. It's just retarded execution.

This episode was FAIL.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Nov 23, 2008 6:15 PM

Jul 2008
They probably will go with Gin taking control of Enjin or at least reduce his power and then he will either suicide or getting tuned or stabbed by the spear of Hime.
Nov 23, 2008 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
hehe exactly what I mean. That would be just too predicatable and would not be believable. *Sigh. I guess not all anime can have stories as great as Nodame Cantabile or Shakugan no Shana, but I digress.
Nov 24, 2008 6:31 AM

Jul 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
hehe exactly what I mean. That would be just too predicatable and would not be believable.

That's why I hope that the producer take the time to think about a believable ending.
Nov 24, 2008 1:34 PM

Aug 2008
I call this episode "Being a Bad Guy 101." Enjin's cruelty is actually relieving after all the other crappy bad guys I've seen. He would've excelled in a more serious anime.

mcjazzman32 said:
I guess not all anime can have stories as great as Nodame Cantabile or Shakugan no Shana, but I digress.
Umm...
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 24, 2008 2:30 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:

mcjazzman32 said:
I guess not all anime can have stories as great as Nodame Cantabile or Shakugan no Shana, but I digress.
Umm...

Lol yeah Shana and Nodame haven't the best storyline out there but they are far from the worst.
Nov 24, 2008 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
maxime1007 said:
JadeMatrix said:

mcjazzman32 said:
Umm...

Lol yeah Shana and Nodame haven't the best storyline out there but they are far from the worst.
IMHO, he could've picked better examples.

Nov 25, 2008 2:58 AM
Mar 2008
JadeMatrix said:
maxime1007 said:
JadeMatrix said:

mcjazzman32 said:
Umm...

better example .. like eureka seven ... ^_^ ... or chaos head ?? LOL
Nov 25, 2008 6:49 AM

Aug 2008
leoneri said:
JadeMatrix said:
maxime1007 said:
JadeMatrix said:

mcjazzman32 said:
Umm...

better example .. like eureka seven ... ^_^ ... or chaos head ?? LOL
I was thinking more of some classics, but...
Plus, IMHO Eureka Seven was rather light on plot for its length (50 episodes and they never explained wtf the Seven Swell was).

Nov 25, 2008 12:44 PM

Jun 2007
I found this ep OK. I hope it'll get better again.
mcjazzman32 said:

Man I'm glad this is only 12 episodes and not 24

I would've preferred it if this series was 20 something eps and follow the storyline from vol 1 - 4 properly. Anime storyline is going somewhat crappy now , I'm getting really disappointed since I really love the manga.

maxime1007 said:
They probably will go with Gin taking control of Enjin or at least reduce his power and then he will either suicide or getting tuned or stabbed by the spear of Hime.

See, because anime started off with everyone knowing that Hime is a Youkai, it took away quite a lot of possibilities to end the series nicely(Although we'll have to wait and see how it does end) and that would seem the most likely case.
Nov 26, 2008 2:32 AM

Dec 2007
Its starting to get interesting i guess...
Nov 28, 2008 4:08 PM

Aug 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Wow, this series went from interest to a major yawn in the matter of a single episode. This was just a terrible episode and the preview for the next one didn't look much better.

Man I'm glad this is only 12 episodes and not 24, because I probably would have quit midway even though I hate not finishing anything. This was just outright depressing and there's no way any of the four could match Enjin, so what's the point? Eventually Enjin is going to be defeated, with or without saving Gin, but it's not going to believable if they're no match for him now and the conclusion is in 6 episodes. It's just retarded execution.

This episode was FAIL.
I agree! The battle was well bad, and in end only Hime decided the problem. That served all that fight?
Nov 30, 2008 10:42 PM

Aug 2008
Nodame and Shana are great stories, with excellently timed execution that gives conclusion to both theme and character plots. I defend my examples with all fierceness.
Dec 3, 2008 11:42 AM
Oct 2008
A pretty good episode nice fight sequence, now we see the true intention of enjin what he wants to do to this city, its a good lead up to the climax overall
Dec 9, 2008 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
Hmm this plot contains a high amount of FAIL in it. Wow we have cowards for a bunch of protaganists who can't even fight. This has been one of the worst if not THE worst show I have seen this season. The villian throws away his hostage and these guys knowing they can't win instead of retreating or coming up with a battle plan just go ahead and duke it out anyway resulting in the obvious result. Fight was horribly done and the male lead whatever his name is(I don't care enough to remember) could have stopped this but is too much of a pansy to use his powers and maybe rip one of the Youkai out and worse case scenario kill a friend who wants to die anyway.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 14, 2008 6:45 PM

Feb 2008
Jarmel said:
Hmm this plot contains a high amount of FAIL in it. Wow we have cowards for a bunch of protaganists who can't even fight. This has been one of the worst if not THE worst show I have seen this season. The villian throws away his hostage and these guys knowing they can't win instead of retreating or coming up with a battle plan just go ahead and duke it out anyway resulting in the obvious result. Fight was horribly done and the male lead whatever his name is(I don't care enough to remember) could have stopped this but is too much of a pansy to use his powers and maybe rip one of the Youkai out and worse case scenario kill a friend who wants to die anyway.

Not only that, but akina basically put his former friends life ahead of the whole damn town by opening the room up. That made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever
Dec 22, 2008 11:04 PM

Jan 2008
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka and Chaos;Head are worse but this isn't far behind >_>
Boring fight was boring. What was with stabbing Enjin in the back by that nun lady and then letting him continue what he was doing afterwards...
Feb 1, 2009 2:58 PM

Oct 2008
So, the final battle has started..

May 16, 2009 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
I did vote with a 5 but now that I think of it this episode wasn't the best I don't say it fails but it just isn't the best.

I give it a 7/10 maybe a 8/10 just because they are explaining more.
Jul 17, 2011 7:55 PM
Feb 2011
Is anyone else tired of the hero/good guy always giving up a chance to defeat the bad guy because of something as selfish as trying to save a single person?

Why can't they ever see the big picture and sacrifice someone!.... Story is getting way to predictable and goes to much like any other show... I give this ep. a 2.
Nov 9, 2013 4:21 AM

May 2012
rreggiebryant1 said:
Jarmel said:

Not only that, but akina basically put his former friends life ahead of the whole damn town by opening the room up. That made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever

Agree with both of you. I kinda want to drop this show right now, ><
Feb 20, 2014 6:36 PM

May 2012
Impressive development that's going on here, I really wonder what will happen next with such an ending! This episode sure was nice with great action and lots of nice development!
May 18, 2014 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
Nothing they do has much pretense, it's just random and overdramatic. And also, the character development was terrible and boring, so I really just can't bring myself to care about what happens to them and the story. I'm just glad that it's almost over because I can't stand to drop things.
Feb 7, 2015 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
Episode convincing enough regarding the plot and narrative, while not having the necessary evil, to make it stand out in terms of their involvement in combat.
Drawing more than good as quality, animations idem.
Curious to find out what really hides Enjin.
May 6, 2015 2:02 AM

Feb 2013
Shit went down I guess. Nanago was about to bloom. But in the end it looks like Hime killed the tree instead of letting it fully bloom? That's what it looked like at least. I wonder what she really did. Onto the next episode.
May 18, 2016 3:03 AM

Mar 2015
Action packed but action is not decent. Just simple fighting.

This is getting like Bleach where if Cherry blossom blooms, the world will lose balance.

Yawn/5

This show needs to get better.
Mar 13, 2018 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
Ugh...

Well, at least they clarified Enjin's motivation. I kinda got the idea he wanted to take down a barrier of some sort and that it had to do with making flowers grow on some damn tree, but I wasn't sure exactly why that would serve any purpose.

So, this metaphysical act of mega-gardening will allow him to bring back all the souls (or whatever) that have been banished over the years and, in doing so, the world will be destroyed ... or something(?)

Ok, whatever.

Enjin is still a shitty villain who wastes his time toying with a bunch of teenagers rather than pursuing his final goal.

And his CONSTANT fucking giggling is 17 kinds of annoying.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Mar 2016
mcjazzman32 said:

This episode was FAIL.

The entire series as just an anime in general was simply one ginormous fail in terms of execution, not to mention how infuriating it was seeing the characters continue to have that silly “shaken resolve” bullshit. It’s so redundant and only serves to complicate shit unnecessarily. Character development, yes, technically, but it was too much of a good thing when there’s nothing interesting enough story-wise, anyways.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

T0sh1k1 - Dec 22, 2008

57 by Leonard3755 »»
Jul 26, 2023 3:33 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

55 by Bloodedfox28 »»
Jun 23, 2023 12:34 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

T0sh1k1 - Oct 2, 2008

75 by NoviSun »»
Dec 1, 2021 9:53 PM

» is the anime seriously that bad? the manga seemed great?

Neostorm-X - Oct 10, 2021

1 by Kogasa-Tatara »»
Oct 11, 2021 1:03 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 10 Discussion

noteDhero - Dec 6, 2008

25 by Code0018 »»
Nov 16, 2019 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.