Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Totally loved this chapter :D

Dat last scene when both of them hit him at the same time was awesome...Hope that guy is Ryokuryuu, he seems to be an awesome addition to the group :)

Also lol'd at "U guys can't come" Since they'll attract attention esp Shin-Ah and his gloomy reaction was funny XD

Yona is getting more and more likable and cute :D
Jan 4, 2013 5:07 PM

Aug 2009
Really hope new guy is the dragon!!! He seems like a pretty cool guy!
Jan 19, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
I think the new guy is the dragon too!
May 13, 2017 8:59 AM
Mar 2015
Was the Earth Dragon the one with super jump?

If so, it has to be him.
Nov 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Oct 2011
Lol Hak, you couldn’t help yourself. That dude got wrecked.
Jan 4, 12:50 PM
May 2020
ANOTHER BANGER OF A CHAPTER. SO MANY THINGS

* the old man’s comments against the late emperor. what a dilemma for yona. the sequence and the scene is a good depiction of yona’s very real struggle and dilemma of being a princess usurped from the palace. It is also her exposure to the real world. i love that the author included this. that being said, this scene really solidified my opinion that this series has some of the best writing in shoujo. it depicts very real struggles (the turmoil of realizing someone you looked up to isnt as great as they seem, of losing almost everything, of beingalome). it shows that growth and healing isn’t linear. also it shows that like her father, yona hides her pain. :( she steps away and pretends like eveything is fine before she cries by herself :( as someone who comes from a family who does the same (myself included), it was so nice and refreshing to paint this trait in a beautiful (albeit sad) light

overall, in this scene, the author does such a good job at maintaining a golden thread and “show don’t tell”

* hak seeing and empathizing with yona’s pain. he faithfully is on her side :( i like how he commended the late emperor’s caring nature as not cowardly. it reinforces the idea that kindness is not cowardice. also him noticing her tiredness :((

* hak hurrying back after yona asks him to 😭😭😭

* green dragon’s entance!!! So cool

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 91 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

38 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 7, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.