Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 2, 2013 3:22 PM

Jul 2011
MisaTange said:

Great goodness, I'm still not sure what to rate it.

Inferno Cop/10
Jan 2, 2013 3:36 PM
Oct 2012
25 Reasons Why Inferno Cop Sucks
1. It's a rip off of ghost rider
2. Plot holes everywhere
3. Deus ex machina everyfrickingwhere
4. Inferno Cop was written by a 15 year old person.
5. Horrible character development
6. The most likable characters isn't the main cast (what about the mother)
7. ZERO PACING IN THE FIRST Episode; time skips everywhere
8. Inferno Cop starts off with side stories, rather than plot
9. Second Episode is absolute trash
10. The main villains are not actually villains. Remember when Inferno Cop totally forgot that gang was a BAD GUY in the last episode?
11. ZERO LOGIC. Example: when the baby is being born in episode 1 Inferno Cop mentions the water could kill him, and then in episode 2 he is still in the water.
12. POINTLESS DRAMA.
13. Episode 2 is a prince/princess arc.
14. Plot holes. I mention it twice because that's how bad it is.
15. Nothing is explained.
16. The author thinks that quantity > quality. See: IC's Twitter
17. The pacing in Episode 2 sucked just as much in Episode 1.
18. Scar Forehead is a shiit-tier antagonist.
18b. The entire "I CAN CONTROL YOUR SOUL; I AM GOD" thing is just retarded.
19. It took IC 1 minute to notice Baby was a gangster
20. Episode 1 was 1 episode long; it covered 18 minutes . Episode 2 only covered 10 minutes; it also covered ~1 episode.
21. Gary Stu protagonists.
22. The entire part about IC and Mr Judge playing the game together + realization was HORRENDOUSLY executed.
23. The fanbase is garbage, but that has nothing to do with the quality of IC.
24. IC is the most bland self-insert protagonist ever.
25. ALL THAT UNNECESSARY FANSERVICE TAKES AWAY FROM THE QUALITY OF THE SHOW!!!
Jan 2, 2013 3:44 PM

Dec 2010
Fuck that baby. Immune only once? Hah! No match for Inferno Cop.

Dat twist.

Jan 2, 2013 3:45 PM
Jan 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
these fight scenes make sword of the stranger look like shit.

no sword of the stranger has better fights dude
I mean I know where you're coming from this show has some unforgettable fights but I still think sos has the edge over this by a little bit
Jan 2, 2013 3:57 PM

Sep 2012
Solkiskey said:
This is getting pretty old.

yeah, agreed, these people all trying to sarcastically (or maybe not, im not even sure anymore) pass this off as the greatest thing ever just look like idiots. this show is so bad that it became good for a second, but because it is just that bad it crossed back over.
i don't see why people are responding like that to this show.
whatever.
cue the 'shit taste' 'pleb' '2deep4u' predictable pseudo sarcastic troll response to come.
Jan 2, 2013 3:59 PM

Dec 2010
You obviously don't know masterpiece when you see it.

You think it's some retarded show that only people with ADHD would love, but it's the complete opposite. We're open to new styles of animation while you all enjoy your moe-filled generic shounen shows.

Jan 2, 2013 4:00 PM
Jan 2010
eldest said:

'shit taste' 'pleb' '2deep4u'

dude
i'm from reddit too
let's be friends :))

lol and nice ttgl sig
Jan 2, 2013 4:05 PM

Sep 2012
DesolateOne said:

You think it's some retarded show that only people with ADHD would love, but it's the complete opposite. We're open to new styles of animation while you all enjoy your moe-filled generic shounen shows.

i never said its a retarded show only people with ADHD would love (although now you mentioned it, and judging by all these posts, yours included, id put my money on that statement being true) and im open to any style of animation myself, but this is just garbage. the 'plot' is a joke, there is no animation to speak of, you could do this in power point if you wanted.
and i must have hit a nerve dissing this 'masterpiece' of yours, because you go ahead busting out the generic stereotype blanket generalizations straight away. says alot about this fanbase.
Jan 2, 2013 4:06 PM
Oct 2011
Shaduge said:
you guys are so busy trying to sound funny through sarcasm that you forgot to notice something: what happened to the mother?
Candor said:
Can't wait to see OnePunch-man animated. Saitama would one-shot the shit out of Inferno Cop, he's called OnePunch-man afterall.

Also, Saitama is a hero as a hobby, Inferno Cop is a hero because the world needs him, so who wins? Obviously Saitama.

saitama is overrated just like the manga, it's basically bobobo except less dirty and funny, well maybe the anime will make it better
Candor123Jan 2, 2013 4:10 PM
Jan 2, 2013 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
You amuse me eldest, LOL.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 2, 2013 4:09 PM
Jan 2010
eldest said:
DesolateOne said:

i never said its a retarded show only people with ADHD would love (although now you mentioned it, and judging by all these posts, yours included, id put my money on that statement being true) and im open to any style of animation myself, but this is just garbage. the 'plot' is a joke, there is no animation to speak of, you could do this in power point if you wanted.
and i must have hit a nerve dissing this 'masterpiece' of yours, because you go ahead busting out the generic stereotype blanket generalizations straight away. says alot about this fanbase.

yeah you tell 'im ttgl man :)
Jan 2, 2013 4:10 PM

Aug 2011
eldest said:
DesolateOne said:

Hey, you're generalizing us, too... We aren't all like that... I just found the series highly enjoyable and entertaining, and the flaws you mentioned work rather nicely with the show, so I don't find them to detract from the viewing experience.
Jan 2, 2013 4:10 PM

Sep 2012
Tavor said:

GrandPhantasm said:

ok.

soge_king999 said:

Hey, you're generalizing us, too...
and judging by all these posts, yours included, id put my money on that statement being true We aren't all like that... I just found the series highly enjoyable, and the flaws you mentioned work rather nicely with the show, so I don't find them to detract from the viewing experience.

not a generalization, an observation
Jan 2, 2013 4:21 PM

Aug 2011
eldest said:
Tavor said:

GrandPhantasm said:

ok.

soge_king999 said:

Hey, you're generalizing us, too...
and judging by all these posts, yours included, id put my money on that statement being true We aren't all like that... I just found the series highly enjoyable, and the flaws you mentioned work rather nicely with the show, so I don't find them to detract from the viewing experience.

not a generalization, an observation

Nice.
Jan 2, 2013 7:04 PM
Oct 2012
Neane1993 said:
Its flaws makes the anime absolutely perfect in every sense of the word, in other words: it's 6deep9you and I am sorry to say that you have

Err, never a good feeling when a joke goes right over someone's head....
Jan 3, 2013 12:41 AM

Dec 2012
Eat this!
Im immune to your bullets
So am i
NO!

LMAO! HAHAHAHAHA

Jan 3, 2013 12:03 PM

Nov 2010
GaZsTiC said:
You can never trust a baby.

Idd, we should always be aware of their true forms.
Jan 3, 2013 3:18 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
this one really weird and not funny at all, at least last ep, he got baby juice sprayed all over him -,-
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 3, 2013 7:19 PM

Feb 2012
LOL.
Jan 3, 2013 11:09 PM
May 2009
I came
Jan 4, 2013 1:30 AM

Mar 2012
oh man the policeman ate "gomu gomu no ghostrider" and now hes weak to "fluids"
Jan 5, 2013 12:08 AM

Jun 2012
Never before has the one week wait for a new episode been so painful.
Jan 5, 2013 6:17 AM

Oct 2012
dat flashback
dat fight scene
dat ED
best anime ever....
Jan 5, 2013 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
I have seen some shit but this......I like.
Jan 5, 2013 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
This might rival with the current anime Jojo Bizarres Adventure I am watching. Inferno Cop is OP his flame can't be put out under water and he deflects bullets.

Okay maybe not Skullman on Crack. Skullman and Kamen Rider on Crack. It does need a Rider's Kick though.
TookMe6YearsJan 5, 2013 11:35 AM
Jan 5, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2010
It's me or some reviews for Inferno Cop have disappeared ? The ones with a perfect score.
Jan 5, 2013 12:20 PM

Oct 2012
Flynix said:
It's me or some reviews for Inferno Cop have disappeared ? The ones with a perfect score.

Got a message from Kineta today:
"Review removed"
-Please refrain from participating in flooding troll reviews for the purpose of being "funny"

I suppose that answers your question.

Jan 5, 2013 12:26 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
lol busted
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 5, 2013 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
Really? I actually enjoy some of the reviews. Lack of humor is strong. Especially Inferno Cop.
Jan 5, 2013 3:58 PM
Sep 2010
Tavor said:
Flynix said:

"Review removed"
-Please refrain from participating in flooding troll reviews for the purpose of being "funny"

And yet the Nyanpire reviews are still up.
Not sure why its so different here.
Jan 5, 2013 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
the animation is so boss, no srs.
Jan 5, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2011
dark_vivec said:
Tavor said:
Flynix said:

"Review removed"

And yet the Nyanpire reviews are still up.
Not sure why its so different here.

Yeah, seriously... I've seen some reviews on Mars of Destruction and maybe even Boku no Pico that are more or less the same sort of review, and they haven't been touched...
Jan 5, 2013 6:38 PM

Jun 2012
Tavor said:
Flynix said:

"Review removed"

Mods are removing reviews that they don't agree with personally? That's rather disturbing.
Jan 5, 2013 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
@soge_king999: Yeah, I was wondering the same since MoD reviews offer just about the same thing I wrote too in my review...nevertheless, I'm not going to beg the staff to keep it there, not worth the trouble.
@SaberEdge It is disturbing.

Jan 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Sep 2012
LOOOOL. -__-
Jan 5, 2013 7:59 PM

Oct 2010
Tavor said:
Flynix said:

"Review removed"

but I liked the reviews :(

especially this part

"Inferno Cop is severely underrated for the wrong reasons. In most cases, I would understand that a show was too "deep" to understand, however, Inferno Cop is something that nearly anyone can enjoy, as it touches a wide array of issues of the human condition. My only assumption is that it hits the topics of our society in such a way that it really hits a nerve for someone to consider rating it low because they know what is being conveyed is reality, and do not accept it at first. Bare with me though, give this show a chance, as it does not disappoint if you think about it more."
Jan 6, 2013 12:15 AM

Jan 2008
Strange they removed them. About half of the all reviews for anime on MAL are on lower level than elementary school essays. At lease these were funny.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jan 6, 2013 3:27 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah I noticed the topic trying to let the world know the awesomeness of Inferno Cop was removed from this sub forum too.

The trolling topics in the SAO sub forum and the troll topics in the main anime discussion can be left alone but a genuine topic that is actually promoting something rather than flaming something is completely deleted.

I don't agree with that logic at all...it almost feels like the mods want to encourage hate more than love on the forums.

Some of us may be having a laugh about it all but I as I'm sure many others in this forum actually like the show and I do. I genuinely like it. It's one of the funniest things I've seen but from the looks of it. Because of a rating it has just now, we can't have an opinion that it is better than that for fear of the review/thread being deleted.

I do not approve.
Jan 6, 2013 4:09 AM

Mar 2012
Riptos said:
Yeah I noticed the topic trying to let the world know the awesomeness of Inferno Cop was removed from this sub forum too.

The trolling topics in the SAO sub forum and the troll topics in the main anime discussion can be left alone but a genuine topic that is actually promoting something rather than flaming something is completely deleted.

I don't agree with that logic at all...it almost feels like the mods want to encourage hate more than love on the forums.

Some of us may be having a laugh about it all but I as I'm sure many others in this forum actually like the show and I do. I genuinely like it. It's one of the funniest things I've seen but from the looks of it. Because of a rating it has just now, we can't have an opinion that it is better than that for fear of the review/thread being deleted.

I do not approve.

I actually feel the same way as well. I get the impression that the MAL mods don't realize Inferno Cop IS supposed to be stupid, corny, and cheap. It's the Internet Troll of anime series. Why punish and remove positive reviews of the series? The people reviewing it at least realize that Inferno Cop is a 3 minute long joke and isn't taking itself seriously.

*shrugs*
Jan 6, 2013 4:18 AM

Sep 2012
I think it was a terrible decision from the mods. They're taking things way too seriously.
Jan 6, 2013 9:08 AM

Jun 2011
SetsukoHara said:
I think it was a terrible decision from the mods. They're taking things way too seriously.

They always take things too seriously.

Jan 6, 2013 2:36 PM

Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:

I've added a review. I hope this one sends a clear message.
Jan 6, 2013 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
GloriousHawk said:
SetsukoHara said:

I've added a review. I hope this one sends a clear message.

Well put there GloriousHawk, you've earned my Helpful.

Jan 6, 2013 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
My review...GONE.
Jan 6, 2013 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
SetsukoHara said:

True masterpieces are rarely understood in their time.
The Art of Eight
Jan 6, 2013 11:51 PM

Jan 2013
I read two recent review. It was good. Hopefully it's not taken down.

I notice Mister Judge looks uncannily like Nightwing. Huh..... Also when they show the Southern Cross, the first thing I saw the Eyes and Three Wizards? I was having flashback of the Gorgom from Kamen Rider Black.

The Ending Songs becomes quite addicting to me now.
TookMe6YearsJan 7, 2013 12:04 AM
Jan 7, 2013 3:38 AM

Aug 2011
Riptos said:

I do not approve.

According to the PM I received from Kineta the thread was removed for two reasons:

1. It encouraged people to flood the scores of Inferno Cop to get it a higher ranking
2. It encouraged people to write "troll" reviews of the show giving it high praise.

Oh well, we don't need that thread to know how great this series truly is.

Seriously though, all jokes aside, I genuinely enjoy this show, it's a stupid kind of humour that I just find extremely funny, and as such I enjoy the hell out of those three minutes, and since my ratings are based purely off of my own enjoyment I've given it a legit 10, not to troll, not to be part of some joke, but because I seriously enjoy it.
Jan 7, 2013 4:46 AM
Aug 2012
mitch3315 said:
Riptos said:

Seriously though, all jokes aside, I genuinely enjoy this show, it's a stupid kind of humour that I just find extremely funny, and as such I enjoy the hell out of those three minutes, and since my ratings are based purely off of my own enjoyment I've given it a legit 10, not to troll, not to be part of some joke, but because I seriously enjoy it.

Couldn't agree more !
Jan 7, 2013 6:25 AM

Jul 2011
This is the true 'so bad that it's good' anime. People should stop taking anime like this too serious, it's supposed to be stupid, corny to an extreme level to become hilarious, and that worked for me. It's good in its own way, so i don't think anyone giving it a score of 10 should be immediately considered troll or anything like that.
Jan 7, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
Egameca said:
mitch3315 said:
Riptos said:

Couldn't agree more !

Myself as well...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Vylash - Mar 18, 2013

190 by Green_Soda_123 »»
Mar 26, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Marow - Dec 25, 2012

174 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Jan 27, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

67 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 26, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wasad - Mar 4, 2013

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 26, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2013

70 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 26, 1:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.