Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Feb 7, 2022 4:57 AM
Dec 2020
Honestly I expected it to be better, it didnt give the same impact as other arcs. 7 to 7.5 is my max rating. And something seemed vague I'm not sure if I understood it all. I feel somtheing I didnt get it.

but PLEASE do not tell spoilers, I only watched Bakemonogatari, Kizumono, Nisemono, and this one Nekomono. Answer me please with some evidence only from these anime

Spoilers ahead if someone havent watched yet is reading

What I got is

1. Hanekawa's Kindness is a mask, she's selfish and helped Araragi first time because she loved him she wants him to look at her, and because her kindness is not fully real, her stress piled up as a consequence for that along with the stressful atmosphere and accidents she had until now

2. Hanekawa was conscious almost all the time while in her cat form, thus this is her true nature, so she let herself being possessed by the cat because of her stress, so she can relieve her stress blaming it on the cat

3. She wanted Araragi to help her, she played the role of victim one time and perpetrator in another, hoping Araragi will help her as her knight, because she loved him hoping he will love her back!!?? (not fully sure about this point)

My assumption here in relating to Kizumono, I think maybe she wanted to meet the vampire and similarly letting vampire possess her (bite her) so she can do exactly the same as with the cat!!???

But my question and the only thing I didnt get is:

How did Araragi concluded that he didnt love her!? He was confused between Love and Lust at first, but in one point he said its more than Love and he would die for her, then later he just said he didnt love her!!?? What changed him!!? How did he concluded that!!?
It seemed for me like he is really in love with her and care for her, also he always later in Bakemono brings that up about how she helped him and how he care about her and his life is for her

Please answer from text or scene from this anime and Thank you all verymuch in advance
Apr 24, 2022 10:16 AM

May 2008
What a waste of time. The only positive was the animation was interesting, but I spent four episodes wating for some explanation on what the hell is going on, but in the end this was four episodes of a series that were taken completely out of context and falsely presented as a movie or an OVA with no hint or clue as to what is happening. It's like reading a book titled "The Battle Of Kirkistan" with no explanation at all. Who, what, when, where , and why were all ignored, just the how was kind of answered, they just answered one question - How do you kill somerthing that might be a demon in the stupidest way possible.

This was little more a beat poem that was presented by an arrogant beat hippie with a LOT of talent don't get me wrong, there was a lot of talent in the animation, but there was absolutly no literary training what so ever. There are seven parts to any story regardless of what culture is presenting it, it's something all cultures have in common. A proper crafting of a story has exposition, inciting an incident, rising action, crisis, climax falling action, and resolution. this story had climax and falling action only.

Ok, it also had underage incest, so I suppose that should make it worthwhile for some viewers.
May 1, 2022 10:38 AM

Jan 2015
Worked really well being where it is, this story, knowing that things do work out because of what we see in Bakemonogatari. Still feels like the most sombre arc, ended very well, don't get me wrong, but had me pretty sad. How things happened, I cried a little bit. Thank you Meme for bringing some laughs at the end, though! Hanekawa is such a nice character, feel really bad for her. Also, on the topic of this being placed really well, having it be what was released right after Nisemonogatari is perfect as they both tackle like, opposite ideas (similar sort of way I feel about Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency being right next to each other, they compliment each other really well). Where Nisemonogatari tackling families, fakes and the care families can feel, Nekomonogatari tackles families, fakes and on the contrary to Nise, how some are unable to find care. I'm personally not a family guy so I definitely get the sort of mindset Hanekawa has more, however Nisemonogatari did its themes really well so I was moved by it despite not relating to it, but yeah, back to Nekomonogatari.
Really, really good arc. Araragi deciding it's lust, not love, actually wound up being a super cool part, haha. Sword being hidden inside him, while I saw it coming (possibly cause I saw it years back but mainly because it couldn't be seen), it was very cool. Shinobu was awesome as well. "Watch closely closely."
Probably the saddest Monogatari season, but really damn good. Don't know why I scored it 6/10 back when I saw it? Dumb me. I'm unsure on whether I'd give it 8 or 9, though. I gave Bakemonogatari 9, I wouldn't say Nekomonogatari's as good as Bakemonogatari, but still better than Nisemonogatari, which I've given 8. Tough choice... I'll give it 8 for now. Scores don't really make a difference though, but yeah, powerful episode! Strong finale for a very strong season!
Jul 21, 2022 9:29 PM
Oct 2020
This ep (and series) certainly expands on some previous elements that were still dangling out there. Details from Golden Week, falling (but not really) out of love, many attributes of Hanekawa that we sort of had a glimpse of but not completely explained. The thing with the sword that separate the oddity from human was pretty cool. I liked how tiny Shinobu just produces this massive sword from her throat. And then Koyomi hides it to trick sawarineko- before he literally goes to pieces. Then Shinobu, who usually feeds on Araragi, puts him back together. We also get a little more insight into Kiyomi/Hanekawa relationship and why he doesn't end up with her (even though I think it was Suruga who said they should be together). I gave this series a 7 because of where it sits for me so far in the Monogatari collection. But I may need to reorder my ranking as I continue to watch more. On to Second Season!
Oct 10, 2022 1:36 PM
Oct 2022
nya nya nya nya nya nya
Oct 31, 2022 7:40 PM
Feb 2019
a hanekawa é muito gata... tem como não kkkkkkkk
Dec 23, 2022 5:18 PM
Oct 2018
very deep very insightful
Jan 2, 2023 1:51 AM

May 2021
Better than Nise but not quite as good as Bake. Either way, off to the second season. After another hiatus.

Jan 9, 2023 5:22 AM
Dec 2018
Pretty interesting going back to the first ep of Bakemonogatari after watching this.
Mar 31, 2023 1:57 AM

May 2022
Damn, this was so much worse than Bake and Nise. I see a lot of people dissing Nise in this thread but i personnaly found it to be the most enjoyable one (yes even though it had heavy fanservice but the toothbrush incident was the funniest thing i have yet seen in Monogatari). Also, i don't give a fuck about hanekawa who is one of the blandest characters i have ever seen and i'd like people to stop coping about the fact that Araragi clearly said he is not interested in Hanekawa? Bakemonogatari 8/10, Nisemonogatari 9/10 and Nekomonogatari 6/10. Onto Monogatari Second Season and i hope it focuses more on the interesting characters.
Jul 24, 2023 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, so that's why he did not ended up with Hanekawa huh
Jul 24, 2023 9:23 PM

Oct 2021
Araragi's feeling towards hanekawa wasn't love but lust, this is reason why he didn't end up with her. this arc does explain alot of things and it was nice to see how shinobu got helmet and her love for donuts.
Sep 13, 2023 3:12 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2013:

Dec 7, 2023 11:55 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, he lost a lot of blood.
Feb 20, 10:33 PM
Feb 2021
I'm really not sure I'm convinced that Araragi doesn't love Hanekawa. I mean, he does, but I still think it would be productive for them to be together, even if it doesn't work out.

Araragi was still pretty much the same in Nisemono, and hell, even that one said that being a massive fraud is ok. Like, I get that he feels selfishly and like he can't do anything for Hanekawa, but she definitely also fucking loves him too.

Like I get that Senjougahara and Araragi are more well rounded together, but individually, they're both pretty incompetent. Idk, they're more of a case of opposites attract rather than Hanekawa who is the same as Araragi. Except both Araragi and Senjougahara are really stupid, where Hanekawa is smart.
Mar 15, 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
R.I.P. Hanekawa's old character design. I will miss you a lot.

Oh, Shinobu even regenerated Araragi's pants and shoes. How nice of her~

Overall, I really appreciated all the Hanekawa screentime but gotta say this set of episodes wasn't as enlightening as I was first expecting. Besides the info of Hanekawa's biological parents being dead and the supposed reason of why Araragi won't date her, I don't think this arc added much to what I already knew/understood of her character's psyche and behavior. Odd decision from the author not to write/publish this before Bake, not gonna lie.

6/10 - Now onto Monogatari Second Season.

------------------------------

Scores for Monogatari Series: First Season
- Bakemonogatari 7/10
- Kizumonogatari I 7/10
- Kizumonogatari II 8/10
- Kizumonogatari III 7/10
- Nisemonogatari 5/10
- Nekomonogatari (Kuro) 6/10
SouthRzVaMar 15, 10:09 AM
Mar 17, 3:38 PM

Dec 2022
Welp, now I quite understand why Araragi didn't choose someone like Hanekawa with the whole lust over love and all but all and all this was a pretty good part and onto the next one which is the monogatari second season.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

121 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

121 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

153 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 7:05 AM

» explain pls

Tauronek - Sep 6, 2017

5 by Rob7 »»
Nov 8, 2022 5:24 PM

» Why dosent this season get much atention?

CrotakuShinobi - Nov 6, 2015

34 by mr_modest »»
Jul 14, 2021 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.