Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 5, 2013 6:26 PM

Apr 2009
"Golden"

Hmm, so there was a whole lot more to the conversation that Koyomi and Tsubasa had (or will have) in Tsubasa Cat. He healed her wound using his blood. The lead up to it made me laugh though. It was far funnier than the condensed flashback in Bakemonogatari.

Still, I'm a bit surprised this came out before Kizumonogatari, given that Kizu was announced much earlier than Neko: Kuro was.
Jan 7, 2013 1:51 AM

Sep 2011
I like Tsukihi with long hair. It was interesting to see a longer version of the dialogue with Tsubasa in the current art style.
Jan 9, 2013 1:40 PM

Oct 2009
Oppai~
Jan 12, 2013 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit grabbing Tsukihi's breast like a boss and not giving a damn about Karen taking her top clothes off. Surely Koyomi is badass.

Love the fanservice here. ;D

Feb 12, 2013 9:52 AM

Aug 2012
Wow! The animators are amazing! :OO I wish I could just like.. go into the anime and play around with the props forever~ and his sisters >:3

Uhh.. quick question.. Is this where the series starts or did I miss one?
GhostonyFeb 12, 2013 9:59 AM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Feb 14, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
Ghostony said:
Wow! The animators are amazing! :OO I wish I could just like.. go into the anime and play around with the props forever~ and his sisters >:3

You can say it is first poart of the Monogatari series at least chronologicaly. Also events of Kizumonogatari that is supposed to be released any moment now takes action before the events in Nekomonogatari Kuro

I recomend watching this in order of releases though. Some characters get a better iintroduction this way.

So recomnded order / relses order

Bakemonogatari => Nisemonogatari = > Nekomonogatari Kuro => ?? Kizumonogatari ?? => Monogatari 2nd season

Chronology

Kizumonogatari => Nekomonogatari Kuro => Bakemonogatari => Nisemonogatari => monogatari 2nd season

Bakemonogatari is still the best part of it, but all 3 are amazing.
AngmirFeb 14, 2013 10:47 AM
Feb 14, 2013 5:25 PM

Aug 2012
^thankks :D But since I already started watching Neko.. guess I'l finish it and then go by your way lol :p
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 8, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
Angmir said:
Ghostony said:

You can say it is first poart of the Monogatari series at least chronologicaly. Also events of Kizumonogatari that is supposed to be released any moment now takes action before the events in Nekomonogatari Kuro

I recomend watching this in order of releases though. Some characters get a better iintroduction this way.

So recomnded order / relses order

Bakemonogatari => Nisemonogatari = > Nekomonogatari Kuro => ?? Kizumonogatari ?? => Monogatari 2nd season

Chronology

Kizumonogatari => Nekomonogatari Kuro => Bakemonogatari => Nisemonogatari => monogatari 2nd season

Bakemonogatari is still the best part of it, but all 3 are amazing.

You forgot the back half of Nekomonogatari, Shiro!

It's kind of crazy the order they are animating this franchise but hey, it works. Even within the same episode they blast around in chaotic fashion so just hold onto your hat and enjoy the ride, it will all get explained some day...

I think it worked better to watch the Tsubasa Cat arc of Bakemonogatari before you watch Nekomonogatari Kuro even though they are in reverse chronological order. I got the boxed set of Bakemonogatari recently so I could watch Tsubasa Cat right before I watched Neko.
May 7, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2008
Wonderful episode.

This really reminded me of Bakemonogatari.

Nisemono was pretty entertaining in it's own right, but it felt different.
May 21, 2013 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting.
Dat imouto ..
Jun 7, 2013 3:03 AM

Nov 2012
Have watch it long ago btw -_-

its so funny when tsukihi talking about libido and love I never think she will say that.. btw nice "catch" koyomi when tsukihi almost fall of course
btw tsukihi in long hair.. its kind of weird.. she more pretty in short hair btw..

yey yeah! btw we see karen in sweat again.. and most all of it... in topless.. yey yeah! I happy to be live !
Jun 7, 2013 5:28 AM

Sep 2012
makarov52 said:
Have watch it long ago btw -_-

its so funny when tsukihi talking about libido and love I never think she will say that.. btw nice "catch" koyomi when tsukihi almost fall of course
btw tsukihi in long hair.. its kind of weird.. she more pretty in short hair btw..

yey yeah! btw we see karen in sweat again.. and most all of it... in topless.. yey yeah! I happy to be live !
If only that faucet hadn't been in the way, LOL!

We will get more hairstyle changes this summer...
Jul 8, 2013 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
Hanekawa's parents sound like horrible horrible people. -_-
~Izzy Zazztacular~
Jul 12, 2013 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
Nice start.
5/5
Jul 13, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
better than Bakemonogatari.
Jul 18, 2013 3:43 PM

Apr 2013
Araragi made a pantsu shot :P
Sep 27, 2013 8:34 AM

Apr 2012
Agreed. A very good start. I don't usually like the idea of having prequels but so far this might change my mind.
Sep 27, 2013 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
greebo said:
Agreed. A very good start. I don't usually like the idea of having prequels but so far this might change my mind.
Wait until Kizumonogatari!!!
Oct 3, 2013 1:03 AM

Dec 2012
Hanekawa would be best girl in any other harem...
Nov 20, 2013 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Back headaches weblog Monogatari, try to follow so many dialogues and articulated at the same time keep their eyes fixed Sulo screen to watch the action too, becomes challenging. Start very sweet thanks to the narrative that clears the past, with a nice summary of what has happened before Neko, I was afraid of having to review all the backlog! ^ ^ "
The plot made ​​for most of the dialogue, I like it! But there are the inevitable and pleasant interludes of Araragi, however I hope that always returns the action that has made Bake, in my opinion, the best arc of the saga! : D
Dec 29, 2013 4:15 AM
Nov 2013
Great, as expected of the Monogatari series. Had me cracking up all the way through. Nice to get some Hanekawa backstory too, as it is alluded to so much in Bake and Nisemonogatari. I swear that Koyomi gets more and more perverted with every episode ;) And that Karen fanservice... that was some of the most blatantly explicit this series has done, although it was played off like a normal family thing with Koyomi having no reaction. Unlike that toothbrushing scene.

dreznovk said:
It's because this anime is dialogue-heavy that it need those quirky visuals, or do you want scenes with only character's face and their moving lip instead ? I believe Shinbo's style is much needed for this show.

Exactly. Monogatari has great story, dialogue, characters, etc, but it's the visuals that keep one from getting bored with a show that consists of almost nothing but conversation. I love this style and would never wish the Monogatari series to be without it.
Dec 30, 2013 12:45 PM

Oct 2013
The f*ck Araragi? Lick a wound? Seriously?
Jun 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Feb 2013
Tennouji_ said:
Holy shit grabbing Tsukihi's breast like a boss and not giving a damn about Karen taking her top clothes off. Surely Koyomi is badass.

Love the fanservice here. ;D

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 17, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
Lmao, golden.
I have some deja vu though, with that Hanekawa and Araragi scene.
Jul 28, 2014 12:21 AM

Jul 2011
Can't believe there are seriously people complaining about how the story is told. People will literally find whatever they can to bash on a series, no matter how small it is, rather than to look for things they enjoyed. Like other people mentioned, the random visuals helps the flow of the story smoother and is what makes it unique from other similar series. Again, like others have said, if it weren't for that, the Monogatari series would be no where near as enjoyable, but rather, just another "boring" typical generic anime. I believe that SHAFT did incredible just with that criticizing them for how they portrayed this series is just silly, I know for a fact that I would not enjoy this series anywhere near as much if it weren't for the way it is right now.

Back to the episode, glad that you can still feel the same level of enjoyment as Bake and Nise, can't wait to see the rest.
Aug 11, 2014 7:21 AM
May 2014
Wasn't sure whether to watch this or Bakemonogatari first so I watched this second.

After only hearing his sisters in the outro of bakemonogatari it was a nice/funny change to see them so much in this first episode. ^_^
Sep 20, 2014 10:38 PM

Jul 2013
god damn araragi, lost your chance
Feb 26, 2015 12:13 AM

Aug 2009
me gusta

full of randomness as usual

but damn id grab 'em boobs too
Jul 25, 2015 11:41 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty fucking boring.

1/5
Aug 3, 2015 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
I liked both new OP and ED! And his sisters are still brilliant whenever they show themselves.

Karen-chan and her sweat, I lol'd :D And they even animated her boob physics afterwards :)) Tsukihi's boob grab, H-chan boob fascination... this episode really was all about boobs, right? :D

Those poses Hanekawa did during their conversation... she really had some sexy silhouette sometime. And I was trolled in thinking him as pervert when he asked for wound licking, yet it was something as simple as saliva's blood's healing potential of vampires (but yeah, he's pervert still :D) But he do loves her even when his sister tells him otherwise, right? :)

Those family problems are tough. It seems Hanekawa's background will be very dark indeed. Pretty good start for this miniarc.
Aug 26, 2015 7:03 PM

Sep 2014
Buying naughty books sooothes the soul. EP 1.

Plot: After a lengthy discussion on love and oppai with Tsukihi, Koyomi realizes he lusts after Hanekawa and that makes him frustrated. Been there done that. On his quest for the sacred texts, he meets Hanekawa and notices that there was moment of abuse at her home. Man did that disappoint and make my naughty thoughts disappear.

Character: This is a prequel to the Bakemonogatari so Koyomi is more hyper/perverted? than he is later. He's still a riot though when it comes to comebacks and he might actually have a weird way of tact considering he switched from a topic Hanekawa didn't want to speak of to wanting to lick her wounds...man that was like WTF?

PS: Oh Vampire blood and saliva heals things...still a WTF moment.

Hanekawa is a headache. I can understand not wanting to cause trouble/make a scene as part of the Japanese upbringing but my conscious can't let this kinda thing be.

Tsukihi and Karen wonderfully display their characters when asked about love.

Animation/sound: Melancholy is the best way to describe the OP. We know how its gonna end but it still resolves around a bad time for Hanekawa. The ED is a nice little thing but the tune still carries that bit of a sad feeling.

4/5. Nice intro and it still follows the Bakemonogatari formula. Have the person from the previous season start it off. But this only works if you watch Nekomonogatari Black after Nisemonogatari like me.

ANd love those black pantsu on Hanekawa. ANd Yum Yum Karen-chan and Tsukihi-chan.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Sep 11, 2015 11:40 PM

Nov 2013
BUT A TOUCH PANEL IS COMPLETELY FLAT!!! XDDD
Great episode, it's good to see fire sisters as main characters again and my beloved Tsukihi is so yummy in her yukata om-nom-nom.
They've just pointed out one of main points of wincest here and I liked how she presented her boobs to him, I guess she just wanted to test him but not that she said but what he thinks about incest, to find out her chances to seduce him ;) He succeeded XD
Also she reveals that her bf is like him if he exists in the first place

who the hell needs dirty mag having Tsukihi as his fake little sister?!
Oct 30, 2015 7:20 AM

May 2014
Panties and boobs
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 19, 2015 3:57 PM

Jan 2012
wrong explanation

Jan 1, 2016 5:43 AM

Aug 2014
Another season of monogatari series, finally.
sup
Jan 1, 2016 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
This was one hell of a weird conversation between a brother and sister and I was shocked to see his other sister taking off her top in front of Araragi
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 1, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2012
Rewatched the OP for this just now, and for some reason it felt very "Bond Opening Credits" like
May 9, 2016 1:30 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A good start, with good dialogues and a little more ...

--
Un buen arranque, con buenos diálogos y un poco más...
Aug 4, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
Wait, this happens before Bakemonogatari, where did Karen hide these babies in the first two season? O_O Anyway that's Karen for you, gets the least screentime, still the best girl <3
Mar 30, 2017 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode and a nice start!
Apr 6, 2017 8:01 AM

Apr 2015
You know, there are times I wish Araragi and Hanekawa were actually together...they have this clear sexual tension every time they speak.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 15, 2017 8:02 PM
May 2012
seems alright
i also like hanekawa
Sep 25, 2017 6:31 AM

Jun 2016
Ohhh the days of Araragi being so in love with Hanekawa, though I know he's still in love with her. Referencing to what Araragi said to Mayoi in Nisemonogatari.

Of course, there'll always be a scene of Araragi being a hentai and molesting one of his little sisters. Haha. And of course a Karen fanservice. Goddamnit. I was watching this episode in public. I feel judging eyes surrounding me rn. Lmfao.

Good episode and Araragi celebrating when Hanekawa said he can do one thing to her. Hahaha. You ecchi, Araragi.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 4, 2018 3:09 AM

Dec 2016
To think Araragi felt this strongly for Hanekawa, and then what, like two weeks later, he was dating and seemingly in love with a completely different girl. I guess the show describes it as Araragi lusts for Hanekawa, but feels actual love for Senjougahara? Hmmmm
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 26, 2018 11:13 AM

May 2017
Araragi lusts after every female that looks pretty and is within arms' reach. He's a total horndog who even lusts after his own 'fire sisters'. Shameless pervert is Araragi!
Jan 28, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
Tsukihi's "yandere" tendencies are so fun to watch, at the expense of Koyomi, of course :P And I love the opposite answers of how the Fire Sisters answered the love question. 'You can't confuse love with lust!' vs "If you look at someone and think you want to have their kid" LOL. Also, I gotta appreciate Shaft's ability to animate boob physics ;)

The situation with Hanekawa is really interesting. I really wanna know more about her family situation and what happened to her parents. Must protect!!

All that build-up for a perverted request, and it actually turned out to be pretty cute. Points to Koyomi!!
Mar 2, 2019 2:39 PM
Apr 2016
Love conversation with his sister, the boob scene was hilarious. Araragi is such a weird character, definitely abnormal. Good episode.
Apr 8, 2019 3:19 PM
Aug 2018
How old were his sisters in this? 13 and 14?

I am surprised how casually the 13 year old Tsukihi mentions his sexual frustration in a conversation and especially how the 14 year old Karen casually walks around topless in front of her brother. Does nobody in the family feel shame?

I know that some parts of the series are more heavy on the ecchi side, but I wonder if there is a good reason behind this or if it's just fanservice.

Is this to show how Araragi perceives the world with his perverted mind?
tr25a3Apr 8, 2019 5:08 PM
May 2, 2019 4:40 AM

Mar 2019
Wait I'm confused.. How come the conversation with Hanekawa was exactly the same as in Bake when she was hit? That just seems really odd.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

266 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

121 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

121 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 7:20 AM

» explain pls

Tauronek - Sep 6, 2017

5 by Rob7 »»
Nov 8, 2022 5:24 PM

» Why dosent this season get much atention?

CrotakuShinobi - Nov 6, 2015

34 by mr_modest »»
Jul 14, 2021 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.