Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Oct 3, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
Dereban atw!
8/10 overall
this episode 5/5 totally worth it!
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 16, 2014 3:57 AM

Oct 2013
Dereban<33333333333 Best girl finally won!!

Damn, I'm happy how things ended on a good note. I hope we get to see more of Dereban and this series itself in the future even though the possibility might be low. I'd definitely read the LN too if it gets TL'd fully at BT.

7/10 for these 4 episodes.
Oct 24, 2014 11:40 AM
Feb 2012
antonn said:
Best girl won. All is right with the world.

this
Nov 2, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
THIS EPISODE. THIS IS THE EPISODE I WAS HOPING FOR, AND THANK GOD, IT WAS AMAZING.

I was really hoping to see Inaba and Taichi get together a little sooner, just to see their relationship progress a little more... but thank you God for giving me a good ending.
Nov 13, 2014 4:30 PM
Jun 2011
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who wanted Taichi to end up with Iori.

I'm not saying I don't like Inaba, because I really do like her as a character. But I feel as if the entire series up until now was leading to Iori and Taichi getting together. Most of the show was dedicated to Iori finding herself and Taichi being there to support her. We constantly were told that Iori needed Taichi, and that Taichi needed someone to help. The kid almost DIED for this girl, kept repeating how much he loved her (and her him), and almost every event and situation seemed to be leading us to Taichi x Iori. Sure, Inaba was there professing her love and trying to win him over, but Taichi never gave us a single reason to think he was into her.

Don't get me wrong, the way the love triangle ended certainly didn't make me dislike the show, I really loved the characters, and thought that the concept of Heartseed and his phenomenon were really interesting. But I had my heart set on Iori (as the anime led me to believe she was the main heroine and the girl Taichi would choose) only to have the Michi Random arc throw all her character development out of the window, turn her into an unlikable emo bitch, and randomly decide that her and Taichi's love was immature and completely brush off everything that happened between them in favor of pairing Taichi with Inaba. The show was a 10 for me before I watched Michi Random, but after finishing these four episodes I felt the need to go back and change the score to a 9 and give this arc an 8.

Loved the show overall, but the ending was so frustrating and disappointing for me that I can't help but move on with a sour taste in my mouth.
OdweezyNov 13, 2014 4:33 PM
Dec 3, 2014 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
Iori change wasnt convincing.Suddenly bad attitude then the new Iori is just the same old one.
I expected such ending since cheerful character always lose..
overall 7/10 for dereban
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Dec 24, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2014
Repetitive drama, same pattern as season 1. Iori mental breakdown again, over dramatic as fvck.

Im glad Taichi chose Inaba.

3/10
Jan 2, 2015 9:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So Iori just was overthinking? Okay.

Inaban is soooo cute, great that she got together with Taichi. Yui x Aoki also pretty much. :D

Love this anime, very interesting story with the Heartseed being the one who made one group get closer together by exposing everything and passively helping them find themselves. Great character.
Also i got very attached to Inaban and Yui, got teary eyed for them a few times.

9/10
Jan 17, 2015 5:53 PM

Dec 2014
Does anyone know the ending song when he starts narrating? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOREVER FOR THAT SONG! ITS THE SAME ONE AS WHEN TAICHI GETS KISSED.

Know what i'm talking about? The one where it explains how aoki needs to get his grades up and they're at the cafe?

After looking around youtube some people say that it's

"おっはよー!"

But after youtubing/googling it I can't seem to find it. If anyone can give me a link or something you would make my day

Fuck yeah anime and video game arts[/url]

Feb 24, 2015 1:51 AM
Nov 2014
Great plot, great characters and brilliant bad guy. 9/10
Feb 28, 2015 3:33 AM

Jul 2012
I wasn't convinced about Iori's sudden change and then that change back.

6/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 28, 2015 4:03 AM

Aug 2014
bjorno said:
I wasn't convinced about Iori's sudden change and then that change back.

6/10.

Thats what is called bad writing.

What the writers did to Iori in the anime is just called bad writing.

They made her less likeable as the anime went on, and made Inaba more likeable as the anime went on. So that we the audience can see that Inaba is the best chick.
Mar 17, 2015 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
I just finished marathoning all 17 episodes
great character development, I like this kind of animu
in the end, Taichi x Inaba ka.. I still shipping Taichi x Yui in my heart :'(
the most important character in this series is Fujishima!

overall, great run
Mar 17, 2015 7:40 PM

Jun 2014
Vanschia said:

I still shipping Taichi x Yui in my heart :'(

same here
Mar 18, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2014
blessofcurse said:
Vanschia said:

I still shipping Taichi x Yui in my heart :'(

same here

When Taichi helped Yui with her phobia, I thought she was going to start going after him. I mean, there were scenes throughout the anime that gave the TaichixYui shippers hope, but it was always because of friendship or kindness or comedy, and not feelings or romance, etc. So thats that.
oooo3333Jul 18, 2020 3:33 PM
Apr 4, 2015 10:25 PM

Apr 2014
Yui is so badass omg
nice 4 episodes to end the series
9/10
May 26, 2015 4:39 PM
Jan 2015
blessofcurse said:
Repetitive drama, same pattern as season 1. Iori mental breakdown again, over dramatic as fvck.

Im glad Taichi chose Inaba.

3/10

This tbh. That was really pathetic. I was really hoping for more but those 4 episodes are just horrible.
Jun 3, 2015 2:01 AM
Apr 2015
Haha, Taichi and Himeko end up together - this is awesome not because Himeko is the best girl, but because Iori is too good for Taichi!

Many people wondered that since Iori went back to her cheerful self before, what's the point?

The point is simple, before the show, she was acting how she perceived others would like her to act. But afterwards, she decides that's how she is going to act herself. I.e. she gains command over herself, and she decides she likes her cheerful side too so she's keeping it.

There has never been a "fake" Iori at all throughout the show. All facets of Iori that we have seen, the cheerful but fake-according-t-her side, the lying to your face side, the dark and violent side, and finally the cheerful but chosen-by-her side, are all part of Iori, part of her true self.

She just didn't know how to handle all these different sides of her when she feels like she has to live according to an ideal. She feels like that if others sees the "non-idealized" side of her, she will be abandoned because others won't like her anymore.

The combination of teenager social life, Japanese social protocols, and the expectations that came with her excellent social skills, such fear isn't unfounded. Everyone, including CRC folks, reacts with surprise and even some amount of disgust when they discover she isn't just a simple genki girl. Heck, even people on MAL starts to dislike her, because even we have such type of expectations - that people should be drama-free. We want shallow interactions with people rather than getting to know someone, even a character. Never mind that makes a boring "drama" show.

These are real problems, and they are more than just teenager problems. We constantly live according to societal expectations, so much so that we don't even realize that we have masks on, because it actually feels unnatural if we ever have to take the mask off. That's what we call part of the growing up. We can see the kid glow slowly wearing off of every child, and slowly replaced by solemn looks. Laughters replaced by shallow conversations. Nobody spontaneously dance joyfully. Nobody live for the moment anymore. Everyone is afraid to offend someone else. All interactions are artificial because we are afraid to get in trouble.

Iori gets on many people's nerves because Iori is too real. Iori represents just about everyone that has gone through the growing up part but end up wondering if this is really all there is to this world - that everyone will just live in fake fashion with each other. Sadly for most people the answer is yes, because everyone already has a stressful enough life as is. They don't want to have to take on someone else's problem because she decides she didn't want to get into the lemming line.

Well, she has the last laugh. Whether you think she should have already figured it out from the very beginning, the truth is that true enlightenment might appears to be exactly the same as before, everything is actually completely different. Living in the moment is completely different from living through the moment, and Iori actually was able to accept herself for her own ways, all her facets, rather than trying to reject part of herself, she embraces all her "flaws" and make herself whole. She has finally arrived.

Although the first arc is still overall the best concept and most fun arc, this arc has the most realistic human issues (though I am sure many would not see it besides consider it "annoying") and hence the best development. Although a sequel is unlikely at this point, LN still has a good amount of material to tap into - hopefully the future arcs continue to be as good.

10/10.
Jun 12, 2015 3:40 AM

Aug 2014
Nice way to finish of the show, the first part was rather nice with some action after all the drama going on between Iori and co. Good to see Inaba and Taichi ends up dating, I like Inabi way more than Iori.

8/10.
Jun 15, 2015 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
It was good show but too melodramatic. I disliked Iori's character from start to the end of the series. She was too damn annoying for my liking. 7/10
Jul 4, 2015 4:49 PM

Jul 2010
I don't know why Iori and Taichi don't start date, but good to see Inaba is the #winner ! It was a sudden change. I wish they were more explanation how Taichi got felt.
8/10
Jul 14, 2015 5:51 AM
May 2014
5/10
fuck this shitty ending
why tsunderes should always win
tragedyloverJul 14, 2015 9:53 AM
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Aug 5, 2015 6:59 AM
Mar 2012
I wish the series would've spent more time on Taichi being conflicted between Inaba and Iori, but I guess that'd be "drama" at the expense of the phenomenon stuff.

The switch to Inaba was just to abrupt.
Aug 12, 2015 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Taichi x Inaba ♥♥♥
GOOD NEWS for all of you passengers, the ship has reached land !

AMG my heart melted, Inaba was so cute :3,

I'm glad that Taichi ended up with Inaba but I was fine with Iori x Taichi pair either, that's why i'm kinda sad knowing they don't feel like they used to, Iori is such a nice girl i bet if there's no hearseed bullshiz they will end up together, and now Iori will be the thirdwheeler on the Cultural Research Club, poor Iori.

Overall score 10/10, will be missed of course :')
Aug 16, 2015 9:12 PM

Jul 2015
Derebannnnnnnnnnnnn~ <3

I'd be asking for too much if they ended the episode with Kokoro no Kara (the 1st ED)

Sep 6, 2015 6:03 PM
Aug 2014
It'd better if it had ended like School Days.
Oct 1, 2015 7:39 AM
May 2015
Very satisfying final episode, however Taichi switching from Iori to Inaba was too abrupt. Did he stop loving Iori just during the last episode? If yes, did he develop feeling for Inaba right after that, cause that kinda sucks. I guess he already had feelings for her too, but did he propose to her to start dating just to give the whole thing a chance or did his feelings for her change/grow stronger?
Oct 12, 2015 12:19 PM

Oct 2015
Nice ending and closed! 10/10
Oct 21, 2015 11:59 PM

May 2015
Even after how unsatisfied i was with the ending after 13 episodes this also left me disappointed. Though I did think a best girl won in Inaba, Ioiri didn't change at all even though she preached she had and she was so annoying in the last 4 episodes. I honestly wish I never saw these episodes. Oh well at least I got Taichi x Inaba. 4/10
Nov 12, 2015 5:43 AM
Aug 2007
So, the OVA's started off pretty strong. The first episode was interesting and the new problem from Heartseed was quite cool too, but then it just started to become a bit too melodramatic.

Iori became far too emo.. I thought they had already "fixed" her in the previous arc, but apparently not. I mean, ok, I get that she still had problems with finding her own identity, but I can't believe all it took to fix her was Inaba just saying something along the lines of "live however you want, duh". And it was also a bit frustrating how everyone just kept telling her to go back to "normal" despite knowing she was unsure of her identity from the previous arc.

Anyway, I'm glad that Taichi ended up with Inaba because she was the best girl.

Overall, there were a lot of interesting concepts in this show, but just a bit let down, IMO, in the execution. 7/10
Nov 16, 2015 2:51 AM

Nov 2014
Damn! Dereban is the best tsundere char ever :3
The ending was surprised me, and made me a bit confused, but I'm glad that Taichi ended up with Dereban
Nov 17, 2015 12:40 AM
Sep 2015
I've been very impressed by the common sense of MCs throughout the show. That's something that's woefully lacking in most anime, where we're so often required to turn off our brains for the sake of enjoyment. But WTF is this - Inaba is kidnapped and has a KNIFE HELD TO HER THROAT, and they don't even bother turning the perpetrators in to the police? This might be the common thing to do in your typical shonen series, but in Kokoro Connect it is extremely out of place.

And in the first 3 episodes they just kept going on about "normal Iori" when it should've been blindingly obvious that this was the whole problem. And then the "new real" Iori is just like the old fake one - what's up with that?

I gave the first 12 episodes 10/10, but Michi Random is barely an 8 (which means yes, I enjoyed it a lot, but am rather unhappy at it being so much worse.) It's probably a good thing there's no sequel on the horizon if this represents the direction the writing is heading.
Nov 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad they were able to save Inaba!
I also think thaat Inaba and Taichi started to date way to early, they should have used a time skip of at least 1 month...but I am happy. 7/10
Nov 28, 2015 6:03 AM

Aug 2015
It was a touching ending. Nice. I think it could have a new season to see the new members of the SOCES and also to see the progress in the relationship of Yui and Aoki. 10/10
Dec 21, 2015 5:58 AM

Mar 2014
Climax .
Student Cultural Society/Club .
The Selfless .
The Leader .
The Pevert .
The Strong one .
The Personas .
PERFECT EPISODE .

'Not much to say' . Everything was Ultimately GREAT . The Emotions , Settings and of course , The thing that it beautified , The Plot . Drama was literally .. hmm How can say this .. 'Over-dramatic' !? Well .. I mean I'm complementing it on a superlative level . It was such a great ride that I've thought I'm not the audience but the characters itself . It brought me every bit of what it is trying to express and I received them gratefully . That is why .. This anime is so much the excellence it produced . Which is really recommended if people wants to make their .. 'Anime of their lives' . (Japan .. make MORE) In the end .. I fell in love more in the anime .. though it was more like a 'like' in the beginning , It gradually made the pace . Anyways ..(even though I didn't want to say so much I just did)
It was an enjoyable and delightful anime ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
OMFG MY SHIPPING ARE NOW DATING. I REALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, IM SO HAPPYYY QQQ KYAAAA SOMEONE KILL ME PLS.
well but yeah, really satisfying ending and anime, really enjoyed it.
Dec 26, 2015 10:21 AM

Apr 2009
Does anyone know why this 4 episodes are separated from the first season?

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2015 4:46 PM
Feb 2015
Perfect anime to end 2015 with.
Jan 4, 2016 2:29 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ayyy best gurl won !
Everything is right in this world right now.
I WANT MORE DAMMIT
9/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 11, 2016 9:05 PM
Apr 2015
so... who and what the heck is Heartseed? Happy for Inaban! I still don't get Iori though, I think that her negative side was.. a bit too much? anyway i'm satisfied. 9/10
Jan 18, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2015
Good. Iori pissed me off. Inaba is dope.
For some reason, Heartseed is alternatively called Balloon Vine. What is that even supposed to mean.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Jan 20, 2016 12:54 AM

Sep 2014
Dereban? loooooooooool (that being said, I'm pretty surprised they actually started dating)
Jan 28, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2015
"I love you. I love you. Love me back. Make love to me."

Going a bit to fast there Inaba. That made me laugh.
_Kairu_Jan 28, 2016 5:35 PM
Feb 7, 2016 10:52 AM

Feb 2016
I mean seriously ??? Taichi tells Iori that he wants a reset on their relationship and then suddenly wakes up and has this sudden urge to ask Inaba out ?? I mean da heck !? and most of the people are focusing more on Inaba rather than the ending....and srsly i wanted to see more of the complicated love triangle that was forming ! The characters don't get that much of a romantic development though I can't say they didn't get none but still !! BTW DEREBAN IS SUPER KAWAII !! *wink(got to accept the truth) and also can anyone tell me that if Inaba and Taichi last or do they break up later in the manga plz.....I am not a manga fan so plz a little spoiler ! :'( And is there a possibility of a season 2 ??
Can't be bothered anymore
Feb 9, 2016 11:00 AM

Aug 2015
DaT_annoying_guy said:
I mean seriously ??? Taichi tells Iori that he wants a reset on their relationship and then suddenly wakes up and has this sudden urge to ask Inaba out ?? I mean da heck !? and most of the people are focusing more on Inaba rather than the ending....and srsly i wanted to see more of the complicated love triangle that was forming ! The characters don't get that much of a romantic development though I can't say they didn't get none but still !! BTW DEREBAN IS SUPER KAWAII !! *wink(got to accept the truth) and also can anyone tell me that if Inaba and Taichi last or do they break up later in the manga plz.....I am not a manga fan so plz a little spoiler ! :'( And is there a possibility of a season 2 ??
Unlikely for another season. The light novels are finished, not to mention that this happened.
Feb 9, 2016 9:45 PM

Feb 2016
FlameSpeedster said:
DaT_annoying_guy said:
Unlikely for another season. The light novels are finished, not to mention that this happened.

Whoa,I didn't know this....but still can't they hire new voiceovers ??
The characters may sound different but their habits and all remain the same....
but do taichi and inaba break up later in the manga or light novel ?? Cuz I don't think they will last
Can't be bothered anymore
Feb 25, 2016 5:09 PM
Feb 2015
All's well that ends well, 8/10 for the anime it was pretty good :)
Jun 5, 2016 8:01 AM

Aug 2012
The fact that the telepathy wasn't random may mean that they chose (incounscently) what they wanted the others to know : like the truth is Iori wanted everyone to know she's not who they think (but since it would be painful and difficult the choice has to be inconscent), it coulds work for the 5 of them coz somehow it's normal to wish everyone knew what you think but in reality we can't express everything for many reasons, that's why I believe their strongest thoughts (that are the one we really want to express but can't because of society, friends, relations, shame etc...) were the ones that were expressed!

Anyway very good show IMO and very interesting! I wont rate it 10 coz exept this psychological side of the show I haven't enjoyed it enough x) so 8/10 for me!
Jun 30, 2016 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
as a Dereban x Taichi shipper I couldn't be more happy

This was a perfect end to a great series, it will definitely be missed
Jul 2, 2016 12:47 PM

Oct 2013
boukendesho said:
Haha, Taichi and Himeko end up together - this is awesome not because Himeko is the best girl, but because Iori is too good for Taichi!

Many people wondered that since Iori went back to her cheerful self before, what's the point?

The point is simple, before the show, she was acting how she perceived others would like her to act. But afterwards, she decides that's how she is going to act herself. I.e. she gains command over herself, and she decides she likes her cheerful side too so she's keeping it.

There has never been a "fake" Iori at all throughout the show. All facets of Iori that we have seen, the cheerful but fake-according-t-her side, the lying to your face side, the dark and violent side, and finally the cheerful but chosen-by-her side, are all part of Iori, part of her true self.

She just didn't know how to handle all these different sides of her when she feels like she has to live according to an ideal. She feels like that if others sees the "non-idealized" side of her, she will be abandoned because others won't like her anymore.

The combination of teenager social life, Japanese social protocols, and the expectations that came with her excellent social skills, such fear isn't unfounded. Everyone, including CRC folks, reacts with surprise and even some amount of disgust when they discover she isn't just a simple genki girl. Heck, even people on MAL starts to dislike her, because even we have such type of expectations - that people should be drama-free. We want shallow interactions with people rather than getting to know someone, even a character. Never mind that makes a boring "drama" show.

These are real problems, and they are more than just teenager problems. We constantly live according to societal expectations, so much so that we don't even realize that we have masks on, because it actually feels unnatural if we ever have to take the mask off. That's what we call part of the growing up. We can see the kid glow slowly wearing off of every child, and slowly replaced by solemn looks. Laughters replaced by shallow conversations. Nobody spontaneously dance joyfully. Nobody live for the moment anymore. Everyone is afraid to offend someone else. All interactions are artificial because we are afraid to get in trouble.

Iori gets on many people's nerves because Iori is too real. Iori represents just about everyone that has gone through the growing up part but end up wondering if this is really all there is to this world - that everyone will just live in fake fashion with each other. Sadly for most people the answer is yes, because everyone already has a stressful enough life as is. They don't want to have to take on someone else's problem because she decides she didn't want to get into the lemming line.

Well, she has the last laugh. Whether you think she should have already figured it out from the very beginning, the truth is that true enlightenment might appears to be exactly the same as before, everything is actually completely different. Living in the moment is completely different from living through the moment, and Iori actually was able to accept herself for her own ways, all her facets, rather than trying to reject part of herself, she embraces all her "flaws" and make herself whole. She has finally arrived.

Although the first arc is still overall the best concept and most fun arc, this arc has the most realistic human issues (though I am sure many would not see it besides consider it "annoying") and hence the best development. Although a sequel is unlikely at this point, LN still has a good amount of material to tap into - hopefully the future arcs continue to be as good.

10/10.

Thanks for the explanation. The more I understand the show the more I love Iori as well as all SCS's members
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

132 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.