Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 22, 2008 4:42 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is a cool episode. I like the progression. Nice art and action! Looking
forward to more!

I wanted to add some pics.

My favorite scene:

Zetsubou1117 said:
I read about it and it looks good, can't wait for the subs to come out! By the way, I've seen some of the pics of the fanservice in the episode, can't wait for the DVD.

About you inquiry I am not sure who they are going to do with these in the DVD but adding nipples and more revealing is about as far it will go in this series. I better not show this stuff to some of my religious friends they think of me bad.

Some fan service!

That last pic I just hid my eyes and said Index! O_O No! Do not want to see. Other than that it was ok and ecchi was ok but strange I did not see as much of it as before.

Then again if any of of you notice there seems to be more of it in Kemeko DX and Kannagi. Guess things are wrapping up in this season.

Oh no! Index got captured! Where is the clone story?

Some terms to explain of the episode:

Gregorio Choir: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorio_Aglipay
Based on a catholic figure.

Seraph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraph
Celestial being.

Izzard Aureolus: They might have taken the name after this guy but why I am not sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aureolus
slayer545-samaNov 23, 2008 11:58 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 22, 2008 10:42 PM
Apr 2008
I read about it and it looks good, can't wait for the subs to come out! By the way, I've seen some of the pics of the fanservice in the episode, can't wait for the DVD.
Nov 23, 2008 4:06 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Really nice episode, and we got a taste of the action this anime can display. Looking forward to more, the preview looked promising.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 23, 2008 5:03 PM

Aug 2008
Still not as good as the first few eps but getting better! Yeah,next one looks promising
Nov 23, 2008 5:16 PM

Aug 2007
Watched it. Loved it. Want more of it. Same old same old.

But really, good episode. The fanservice kind of surprised me, but I'm not complaining.

And like all the others have said, the next episode looks quite promising.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 23, 2008 5:46 PM

Mar 2008
while the episodes seem to go incredibly fast, they're still fun. also, lol at index picking up the phone and fucking it up.
Nov 23, 2008 6:10 PM

Feb 2008
hahah the guy doenst chatch a break does he.
Nov 23, 2008 6:51 PM

Dec 2007
This episode went by so fast; but overall a great episode. Looking forward to the next one. xD
Nov 23, 2008 8:11 PM

Jun 2008
the pacing of this show is making me dizzy, first they go too slow, now they go way too fast, and what's with that holy bombardment then time reversal thing?
Nov 23, 2008 8:35 PM

Jul 2008
Lol @ the "Magic Wand"

Pretty good episode, and I enjoyed the action a lot. I can't wait for the next one, looks like it's going to be really good.
Nov 23, 2008 8:36 PM

Aug 2008
So, at the end of episode 8, we're back where we were at the end of 7, with Index captured to boot.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 23, 2008 8:37 PM

Nov 2008
JadeMatrix said:
So, at the end of episode 8, we're back where we were at the end of 7, with Index captured to boot.

Sniff, sniff like I said earlier does anyone know if index will be ok? I got kind of worried seeing her being dragged unconscious with that guy.
Nov 23, 2008 9:49 PM

Jul 2008
I want pudding now :) The episode was good. Lasagna.....

Nov 23, 2008 10:09 PM

Apr 2007
Sugita~ <3

That was a nice episode. I'd really like to know what Aureolus is trying to do and what happens to Touma in the preview. Hopefully this doesn't disappointed me like the last 2 fights >_>
Nov 23, 2008 11:44 PM

Nov 2006
Imagine Breaker > the legendary Alchemists' powerz.

qt:
http://i37.tinypic.com/wqvkma.png
http://i38.tinypic.com/140xo36.png

ALSO:

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

(Regarding Stiyl) "Despite his looks, he is actually fourteen-years-old and ironically is physically weak."

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKK

IS THIS INFO RELIABLE?? SAY IT ISN'T SO!
windyNov 24, 2008 12:02 AM
Nov 24, 2008 12:00 AM

Nov 2008
windy said:

qt:

Nice pics! I had my LOL!
Nov 24, 2008 12:26 AM

Aug 2008
And Index plays the "dumb girl who gets herself into trouble again" perfectly.

And Aureolous in this series might resemble this guy more than the one posted previously: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracelsus
eviliumNov 24, 2008 12:30 AM
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 24, 2008 12:42 AM

Sep 2007
windy said:

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

(Regarding Stiyl) "Despite his looks, he is actually fourteen-years-old and ironically is physically weak."

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKK

Yup, it's true. At least it makes his crush on Index less creepy, right? :-P
Nov 24, 2008 12:50 AM

Nov 2008
windy said:

qt:

ALSO:

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKK

This is info is 100% to be taken with logic. So as far as notations come from catholic religion, the info I provided is logical but more is logic. It is up to you to take that info and think how logical it goes with this episode.

I found about many things in a logical manner like this.
Nov 24, 2008 1:10 AM

Aug 2008
That is fanservice. =X
Ignoring that, it was a great ep. As usual can't wait for the next ep!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 24, 2008 2:11 AM
Sep 2008
Pretty good had its funny and serious parts.
LOL at Styil pushing him down the stairs and saying "Bad luck, scarecrow" IN ENGLISH..
Also his hand did exactly what he said it did in episode 6 when he's trying to cheer up index about his amnesia.
Nov 24, 2008 2:18 AM
Oct 2008
A ok episode didnt really explain a whole lot that we didnt already know and they could have done a far better job on the action hopefully and it looks like it but hopefully the action picks up next episode, still very beautifully drawn though lol
Nov 24, 2008 2:36 AM

Jul 2007
the ep + explanations/conversations went by pretty fast, had to pause a few times. but besides that it is quite good. and lol at knights of the round!

i really like the science vs magic aspect of this show, especially when they insert real/famous references.
Nov 24, 2008 3:20 AM

Apr 2008
Very good episode, and the action was nice too.

I'm looking forward to the next episode

Nov 24, 2008 6:03 AM

Jun 2007
Good episode the action was not that great but in the next one it's gonna be on fire >.<

Nov 24, 2008 6:43 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode. Next one seems to become quite an epic ep aswell, can't wait.
Nov 24, 2008 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
I am finding that the way this has been going after the first arc isn't interesting me too much. :|

Hopfully it picks back up pretty soon.
Nov 24, 2008 8:35 AM

Nov 2008
corroded said:
the ep + explanations/conversations went by pretty fast, had to pause a few times. but besides that it is quite good. and lol at knights of the round!

i really like the science vs magic aspect of this show, especially when they insert real/famous references.

Yeah me too I found it annoying. I had to pause also but as well to understand the comprehension of it. That is why I decided to dig deeper and found some other revealing things on wiki.

Katsumoto said:
Good episode the action was not that great but in the next one it's gonna be on fire >.<

The pic of Kamijou being full of blood, freaks me and he looks highly maniacal from his expression.

Also I find Aureolus is a dirty character. I think being responsible for using students as means to his objectives is low thrash scum. I know it's been done before in anime but using christian terms within such a purpose should not be tolerated.

I wonder why the holy bombardment did not work other than Aureolus' Ars Magna power, which to my knowledge is a re constructive magic that rebuilds that which is destroyed.

Also I find Aureolus too powerful to be given such as the power he is. To control body action with words and will projection.

Wait till you meet the guy accelerator. HA! I hope he can beat the crap out of Aureolus.
slayer545-samaNov 24, 2008 8:42 AM
Nov 24, 2008 9:13 AM

Sep 2008
Nice episode, but you can't judge it alone since it rolls into the next one. The funneh bits were good, but Deep Blood seems a bit stupd atm, like she doesn't know Izzard's intention are obviously not good.

Nov 24, 2008 9:24 AM

Nov 2008
Blayde said:
Nice episode, but you can't judge it alone since it rolls into the next one. The funneh bits were good, but Deep Blood seems a bit stupd atm, like she doesn't know Izzard's intention are obviously not good.

But judging how that alchemist controls people perhaps she is controlled as well.
Nov 24, 2008 9:38 AM

Sep 2008
^ but she wouldn't have been defiant then, doesn't look that way, she probably either knows and doesn't care, or wants to know and is playing along.

Nov 24, 2008 11:51 AM

May 2008
That was great xD One of my favorite episodes from this series. ANd I love pairing Touma x Stiyl. They're perfect together :3
Nov 24, 2008 11:52 AM

Aug 2008
Meh, I'm tired of this guy whining about how he isn't the same person as before he lost his memories. How would he know if he is different?! Besides that, he is the exact same annoying guy, and to hear him lament that he thinks he is different is just ridiculous. None of this plot is cohesive, or making any sense. Hopefully they can focus in on something pretty soon.
Nov 24, 2008 12:44 PM
Dec 2007
Huh, yeah, I'm confused by this episode. By this show actually. It feels like there's something to grasp, but all the eps are so messy and slow that I can't seem to understand what's happening on the screen and the logic behind the characters' motivations. It was a decent episode though, with nice action scenes and some kind of development I guess.

noteDhero said:
Meh, I'm tired of this guy whining about how he isn't the same person as before he lost his memories. How would he know if he is different?! Besides that, he is the exact same annoying guy, and to hear him lament that he thinks he is different is just ridiculous. None of this plot is cohesive, or making any sense. Hopefully they can focus in on something pretty soon.

Exactly my thoughts, Touma is exactly the same as before, absolutely nothing changed appart that he doesn't know that he is always the same as before (huh, a bit complex, doesn't makes sense anyway). Very disturbing plot and characters. On top of that, some dialogues are really strange, I wonder if the translation is messed up or if they are like that in Japanese...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 24, 2008 2:14 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
So...how is he supposed to know he's acting the same as before again? We only know he is acting the same because we saw him before he got his brain fried. What about it doesn't makes sense? I think it's a pretty simple concept. He's going through the same problem Index faced back when she found herself in Japan. The only difference is that Touma has people that knew him from before, so he can guess a little bit about how he's supposed to act.

Nov 24, 2008 2:29 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
noteDhero said:
So...how is he supposed to know he's acting the same as before again? We only know he is acting the same because we saw him before he got his brain fried. What about it doesn't makes sense? I think it's a pretty simple concept. He's going through the same problem Index faced back when she found herself in Japan. The only difference is that Touma has people that knew him from before, so he can guess a little bit about how he's supposed to act.

Don't bother Leon, most people here on MAL doesn't have a brain to think before asking dumb question or saying dumb affirmation.
Nov 24, 2008 3:24 PM

May 2007
Decent episode, pacing problems still evident.
Nov 24, 2008 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
i think i prefer the faster pace to the slow pace of the first arc.

this one at least had a good balance between explanation and action. Instead of 90% explanation and 10 % action.

Is the next episode the climax?
Nov 24, 2008 5:51 PM

Sep 2008
i hope that the next ep will be more action
Nov 24, 2008 6:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Interesting that Touma was pretty much useless without using his hand....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 24, 2008 7:57 PM

Dec 2007
Too. Many. Plot. Points. Now we have this innerside and outerside thing going? This is becoming too much. I'm afraid the show's gonna have a hard time keeping things straight...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2008 8:14 PM
Dec 2007
CCZilla said:
Too. Many. Plot. Points. Now we have this innerside and outerside thing going? This is becoming too much. I'm afraid the show's gonna have a hard time keeping things straight...
No, the school place had a barrier or seal placed in to protect "Deep Blood". Basically, anyone who was "inside the barrier" could not interact with anyone "outside the barrier", hence why no one noticed Styil and Touma (or the dead knight). There's no deeper meaning to it. Just a magical barrier. I can understand being confused about it though, since the explanation was a bit awkward and they didn't bother saying he was explaining how the "seal" worked until the very end of the explanation.
Leon-GunNov 24, 2008 8:17 PM

Nov 24, 2008 10:28 PM

May 2007
I loved the fact that he just put his right hand on his head and just remembered and how he got Stiyl to remember was great. Next episode is going to be fun.
My anime list
Nov 24, 2008 11:58 PM

Jan 2008
That was pretty good. Hahaha, "magic wand"...
Nov 25, 2008 4:11 AM

Mar 2007
great ep!
Instagram: Luzifurr
Nov 25, 2008 3:24 PM
Mar 2008
To me this is getting retardedly confusing but Index, Imagine Breaker, cute miko, Kaori, and how serious they make stuff sound is keeping me into this lol. Gotta go read some summaries or something. Also lol at Styl's wiki.
Nov 25, 2008 10:28 PM

Sep 2008
I love this anime!
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Nov 26, 2008 2:52 AM

Apr 2008
corroded said:
Until the science part starts showing they can fight equally against the sorcerers, it still seems like comparing those named characters vs generic troops in most anime, a one sided battle between overpowered against cannon fodders.

So far... the science is controlling real world, but the alchemist's seems like doing it through controlling perception of that reality. I'd like to see how the author could counter that without using the same thing, or Touma's hand.
nseikaNov 26, 2008 8:09 PM
Nov 26, 2008 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
Either I'm just too tired or things are getting kind of confusing.
Nov 26, 2008 7:51 AM

Dec 2007
hahas . the pudding looked NICE && YUMMY (: hahas .

ok anyways . hahas . this ep was ok ~
couldnt get some of the parts -.='' BLURRED !

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.