Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 29, 2012 10:23 PM
Jul 2012
So I was checking out Tsubasa and I saw PG-13 everywhere, but then I hit Tokyo Revelations and its sequel, they're rated R+, sweet. I love R rated stuff.

Thing is, I don't want to watch 52 episodes to watch Tokyo Revelations.

Can anyone sum up relevant details and put me in a comfortable position to watch Tokyo Revelations? Since I was practically like "...wtf?" at the first second of the start of this 8.5 ish rated anime by a lot of MAL users. Don't want to miss out.

Thanks if you actually contribute.
Apr 3, 2013 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
You probably don't need this anymore, but I'll do it anyways. Who knows, it might be helpful for someone else.

The story centers around Sakura, princess of Clow Country. I won't go into too much detail, but one day her memories are turned into feathers and scattered throughout several dimensions. The High Priest of her world then sends her and Syaoran, her childhood sweetheart, to another dimension to meet The Dimension Witch, the only who can help them. At the same time, in other dimensions, a wayward warrior named Kurogane is being exiled and sent to the Witch, and a mage named Fai sends himself to her in order to escape some mysterious fate.

The Witch sends them off on a journey together in order to collect Sakura's feathers. The whole story is pretty much them travelling across the dimensions to find these feathers and give back Sakura her memories. The feathers contain her magical powers, so they always stir up some kind of trouble wherever they end up at.

The OVA takes place in one of these worlds. The group has become close, and the characters have somewhat evolved. Kurogane isn't the violent brute he'd been exiled for, and he and the cryptic Fai have clearly started to care for the children they'd once been indifferent to. Relationship-wise, all you need to know is that Sakura is sweet and gentle, Syaoran's brave and kind and will do anything for Sakura, Kurogane's grumpy and brooding (but a big softy inside) and always suspicious of Fai, and Fai's flamboyant and with a dark past that makes him quick to dismiss his own life.

---
I hope this can be of help. The OVA depicts some crucial chapters of the manga, and is really nicely animated, especially when compared to the Tsubasa anime itself, which is probably why it has so many high ratings. I'm not sure how much this has cleared up for you, and if you're still interested, feel free to ask any questions you might still have. It's really enjoyable once you get it, I think.

On another note, if you do become interested enough to view the whole thing, don't go for the anime. It's pure filler, and doesn't do this masterpiece of a manga justice at all.

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.