Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2011
Welcome, Lazyring! :)

Thanks, I knew of that image of Mana but couldn't remember the chapter #. That helps.

If you've seen my posts above, you may know already, but I usually point people first to chapter 188 for the image of the Earl that looks most like Mana (as well as the sometimes-mistranslated "I can't stand still" line that the EARL speaks, using the same wording as Mana!!!), and then chapter 206 for the most recent image of Mana (his face is being squeezed by little Allen but you can still get the idea). Your image from 135 is very useful-- it repeats the vague image of Mana you can see in chapter 37 (volume 5), which makes it clear Hoshino always had a clear image in mind (small wisps of hair hanging down) that she has kept even in the version of Mana in 206. Thank you again! :)
Sep 10, 2013 6:09 PM
Dec 2012
exorcist-1 said:

and Allen? Allen is now Nea
LInk is the 14th.

Nea is the 14th, and he inside allen.
"ignore walker. he requires help.
he the 14th".
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/04/05/d/read4f7d7f0a44853/img000023.png

Why to say it to LINK if he is the 14th? it's doesn't make any sense.
LINK is probably just the 14th man who use the power of Zu Mei Chang.
Sep 15, 2013 1:04 PM
Aug 2013
lior, that makes sense too i suppose. I'm still confused vaguely with Link. I'm starting to think not.
Sep 22, 2013 4:47 AM

Nov 2008
After this chapter I actually had a feeling that soon lots of questions might be answered. It sure was confusing, leaving you to have all kind of ideas of what's going on and who is who in the end. But it was some kind of a peak of the story. And damn, suddenly all the hiatus shit.... Why my favorite mangas goes through that kind of stuff, noooooooooo......
Sep 29, 2013 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
lior15thNoah said:
exorcist-1 said:

and Allen? Allen is now Nea
LInk is the 14th.

he the 14th".

Yes, this one is genuinely confusing and it's not just the translations' fault this time (though a t/n or two could have certainly helped).

About chapter 213: I think Link is the 14th Zhu "Roushi" (老師). He's the 14th Master or Sage of "Zhu." Why that particular number, I don't know. Maybe it will be significant later. I will be checking on this chapter again at some point and maybe I'll update my post here if I do, but I think we can at least be clear on the fact he is NOT a Noah. ^_^

ceneash said:
After this chapter I actually had a feeling that soon lots of questions might be answered. It sure was confusing, leaving you to have all kind of ideas of what's going on and who is who in the end. But it was some kind of a peak of the story. And damn, suddenly all the hiatus shit.... Why my favorite mangas goes through that kind of stuff, noooooooooo......
Yeah, it's hard waiting but it'll continue eventually. I can't help taking it as a good sign that volume 24 is coming out in November, even if it's a chapter short. :)
Oct 3, 2013 1:33 AM
Sep 2013
I think that Allen is actually Nea, but he lost his memories. When Mana died, the Nea inside of ''Allen'' went insane and ''died''. So Manas soul went into ''Allens'' body. ''Allen'' got Manas soul. Havent you noticed that the Earls human form seems familiar? I think that the Earls humanform is Manas body!

''Allen''= Manas soul, with Neas body and Neas incomplete memories. Earl= Earl himself, with humanform from Mana. I think it makes sense.

BTW: In Germany volume 24 will be released in february 2014, so I think the next Chapter will be released something about November/December.
Nov 8, 2013 1:22 AM

Jan 2010
Whatt...?! This flashback confuse me!

I want vol 25 soon...more chapter!

Nov 12, 2013 7:28 PM
Nov 2013
So... i've been diggin lately, and i've uncovered some rumors, but i don't have any proof. ppl say these days Katsura returned back to work and it appears D gray man vol 24 has already been released in this november, being the third in manga selling ranks just below One piece and Kimi no Todoke... . Here a few images... big images, and i need a translation.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T3m4qz7Nuvg/UnQ4IBi9nPI/AAAAAAAAB-s/ymbEO3UuGU4/s1600/EJov1pQ.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XlQPdXLyio8/UnQ4LWGY-7I/AAAAAAAAB-4/DqHGuEDyXPw/s1600/fUNu3AE.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9zIK1FcIEd4/UnQ4ONCx1gI/AAAAAAAAB_E/qggBE9PV36Y/s1600/tumblr_mvlpjrC8lg1qeh93go3_1280.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F3jsllrIBDI/UnQ4VlBlq6I/AAAAAAAAB_U/rzwUq4Afc9I/s1600/tumblr_mvlpjrC8lg1qeh93go6_r1_1280.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vIUDuQRZQrE/UnQ4T9E7FMI/AAAAAAAAB_M/tC1O3bgKbPw/s1600/tumblr_mvlpjrC8lg1qeh93go5_1280.jpg
Nov 16, 2013 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
Dec 14, 2013 2:05 PM
Dec 2013
I'm trying to figure out the de aging part of Allen..

Is it an ability which his innocence is capable of? the Allen who was 35 years ago was a boy or a young man according to:
http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/10 "not a 10 year old kid" so this means that he became younger maybe with the help of innocence..Then started growing again after Mana's death..But why only then?? Is it the effect of Mana's curse?

Cross says that he never saw him as a kid which maybe implies that he knew him when he was older:
http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/9

So, is the Manga's title "D.Gray-Man" refers to "Dorian Grey man" which is capable of defying time thus the prophesy of Allen Walker being the one who stops time??

I re watched the anime and finished reading the manga recently so all kind of ideas are popping up in my mind.

I really wish for a continuation to put me at ease..
But non the less re reading and watching the whole thing did cast more light on everything.
Dec 28, 2013 3:11 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, now the wait begins...it's been a year huh?

Manaaaaaaaa
Jan 29, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2012
Great Chapter. Now, the worst part... waiting.
Feb 18, 2014 6:58 AM
Jun 2012
Actually....Earl was very crazy during the situation and since Jonny was there wanting to get Allen away from the Earl, he thought that Jonny was Mana. Remember him saying that he wants Nea to be with him ? And since Jonny was taking Nea (Allen) away, it made him have flashbacks of Mana taking Nea away. Well Mana didn't really take Nea away but its partially due to him that Nea was dead.
Mar 22, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
Uh...I just started started on the anime this month and have finished watching it like a week ago. Before that, I didn't know anything about D. Gray-man. Something about the story itself intrigued me. The characters? Not so much. But the somewhat obscure past and persona of Mana has recently caught my interest. English isn't my first language, so when I get a little perplexed about the explanation happening in the scanlations, I blame it on this disadvantage. However, I do also agree that it has something to do with the translations. Does someone own the actual manga here of the english trans? Is the translation better? Because I consider reading the manga from the very beginning up to the latest. The recent chapter also confused me...well a little. Not as confused as you guys since I have only read the arc where the anime left off so reading it was like an entirely different story of its own. I guess, if I read the manga from the beginning, I will definitely understand more what the heck is going on, and how does this ties to that.

It surprises me reading every one's theories for this chapter, especially on the Earl being Mana. Did I read that right? Gosh; I am so sorry. Lol. I honestly feel like Miranda. I am like, a newbie to the D. Gray-man universe. What initially caught my attention is the historical and mystic aspect of the story. The relationship of the Noah with the Innocence, etc.

Anyway, I might read everyone's theories concerning this Noah family affair. Ugh. Or maybe, someone can be so kind as to help me clear up things. Lol. Overall, pretty cool chapter. But we got some big reveal in the end. Too bad we have to wait for...who knows how long. Ugh. And as if waiting for HxH wasn't already enough.
Apr 6, 2014 10:36 AM
Apr 2014
Zhou said:
KosmicGuy said:
WTF... didn't understand anything .. and what the hack happened to the Earl and Allen is Mana ?? :|..i didn't understand a shjt :|

That's how I usually feel like when I'm reading the latest chapter, I know that at this point it's necessary to re-read everything but I doubt it's gonna help that much since Hoshino keeps confusing me with revelations and twists.

May 12, 2014 10:17 AM

Aug 2007
None of that made sense and by the time DGM starts up again, I will have become even more confused. Such is the life of a Hoshino follower.
May 17, 2014 5:48 PM
May 2013
Published: May 31, 2004 to ?

So, the manga will turn 10 years this month and we are still stuck waiting for Hoshino orz
May 31, 2014 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
One of the stupidest moments to go on a hiatus lol
Jun 9, 2014 11:36 PM

Mar 2011
A year and a half since this chapter came out >_<
Aug 1, 2014 2:28 PM
Jan 2012
Omg it stopped in 2012 and I still don't know what the hell happened. Is the earl Mana? Whatever... I just hope it's not gona be like Nana and it will continue soon...
Aug 6, 2014 2:11 PM

Aug 2012
whitetear said:
lior15thNoah said:

he the 14th".

Yes, this one is genuinely confusing and it's not just the translations' fault this time (though a t/n or two could have certainly helped).

About chapter 213: I think Link is the 14th Zhu "Roushi" (老師). He's the 14th Master or Sage of "Zhu." Why that particular number, I don't know. Maybe it will be significant later. I will be checking on this chapter again at some point and maybe I'll update my post here if I do, but I think we can at least be clear on the fact he is NOT a Noah. ^_^
Official English volume just came out, and they had it translated "I wanted to save you. Instead, I made you "the fourteenth's-"

That helps dissolve the silly theories about Link being the fourteenth, and makes it a much more interesting and mysterious statement than Link being the fourteenth Roushi. But, the fourteenth's what? It probably has something to do with the 'bad end' Zhu foreshadowed for Link..
Aug 24, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
Everyone's so confused with what's going on, but that's what I think makes it awesome! :D What's the fun in everything being straightforward? I love coming up with theories and seeing how close I am to the truth.
Anyway, I know it's been a really long time since 218 came out, but I still have a lot of hope for this series >.< I love this so much and I really need it to continue...I'm planning on getting all the books so that I can help support Hoshino-san as much as possible!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2014 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
snowfallingxrain said:
stevobread said:
I just noticed that the Earl calls him 'Mana D. "Campbell"'.

Was Neah ever actually called 'Neah Walker'? Did Mana actually take Allen's last name instead of the other way around?

I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure that "Walker" is neither Allen, Mana, nor Nea's last name.
Mana and Nea's real last names were Campbell, and then perhaps Mana changed his last name to Walker after Nea died and then Allen adopted Mana's new last name "Walker" when Mana adopted him.

coincidence ? I think not!

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

Feb 19, 2015 12:28 PM
Aug 2014
Is this the end of D.gray man. I have waited for 9 months or more i think and i'm tired of waiting
Feb 22, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2010
sailerboy12v2 said:
Is this the end of D.gray man. I have waited for 9 months or more i think and i'm tired of waiting

I have been waiting for 2+ years since chapter 218 came out. Although it has been announced in Jump SQ that the series was cancelled; the Instagram account of Hoshino and related rumors made me be more optimistic. Hope it's true and we get to see the ending in some way: does not have to be manga. I'm ok with any format, I just wanna learn the ending.
Mar 9, 2015 3:43 AM
Mar 2015
I just found out something interesting in this manga CHAPTER 215 PAGES 5-6 of Mangapanda.com "this actually shows allen walker in the past. hurry-up! and read this page! Big News Allen Walker has actually have long hair which crazy stuff has been in hear! Nea as well! ( ^_^ ) v evveryone will drop dead in this 2 pages!

i'm so sorry to the one who posted not to discuss other chapters, but i can't help it! see this chapter for yourselves.
http://www.mangapanda.com/dgray-man/215/5
May 12, 2015 1:46 AM
May 2015
I would like to help clear something up about Chapter 218. Alot of people have been saying that the Earl is calling Allen Mana. I don't think that's it. In a few pages before that, he sees Johnny helping Allen and starts comparing him to Mana. The flashback happens, then we come back with him being deranged. I think he was saying that Johnny was like Mana. Not that Allen was Mana.
Also during that time, one the flashback ended, Allen was Neah. One: The showed Neah figure above Allen and Two: He called out to his mom and mana after witnessing her death (sitting by the tree)and mana confrontation with the earl. Neah was in control.

I hope this cleared up some confusion although the Earl=Mana makes since on some points but I don't want to get into that until I know more.

P.s I think Link is the 14th Zhu not Noah. That would make no sense to add that now. 14 seems to be Hoshino favorite number lol

Good news D.Grayman fans!! Hoshino has said that she has been working on new chapters and they should be released this year (she hopes) you can follow her on instagram as Hoshino1000, where she her self said the above information.However she appears to no longer be with SQ. Someone else will be supporting her chapterS.
Jul 6, 2017 5:30 AM

Feb 2013
Mana must have done something awful.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - 4 hours ago

1 by Havish2628 »»
2 hours ago

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.