Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (97) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2012 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
I have the final cut version. I like the premise but seriously could use a more upbeat pacing. Can't really fault the movie for that though. Mostly a personal gripe.
Dec 29, 2012 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it's certainly not for everyone. For all I know, I may just be forcing myself to like it, seeing as it's a "masterpiece." Lord knows my mind is pliable enough.
Dec 30, 2012 4:19 AM

Apr 2011
Tachii said:
Ugh, fell asleep watching Blade Runner. I might try again but I doubt it. I consider myself a scifi guy but I seriously thought the pacing could be quicker... and with more dialogue.

I felt the same way once. Now, it's one of my favourite movies ever.

It's also good for times I can't sleep, lol.
Dec 30, 2012 4:21 AM

Sep 2012
Saw Jack Reacher. Completely surpassed all of my expectations.
Dec 30, 2012 7:54 AM

Apr 2012
Saw Django Unchained and Les Miserables last night, kind of a bad combination just because I was at the theater from 7pm to 1am. Nonetheless I like Django Unchained, the third act drug a little but the rest was pretty darn good. Les Miserables was different, most musicals there is dialogue between the musical numbers but this whole movie had like maybe 5 lines of dialogue. I got through it but it's tough to recommend if you aren't a fan of musicals in the first place.
Dec 30, 2012 8:21 AM

Dec 2012
Jack Reacher

The beginning was even more boring than the first episode of a comedy romance anime, but then it became a bit better. Tbh I didn't really like it a lot since it was hard to understand, but it had it's good parts.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 30, 2012 8:32 PM

Oct 2012
i just saw django with some friends and we all thought it was really good, the acting was great, as u would expect with that cast, but it did drag out a little at the end
Dec 30, 2012 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
Skyfall... sucked. Plot holes everwhere.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 30, 2012 9:08 PM

May 2011
^Skyfall as well. There were a few fight scenes that I liked, but overall it sucked. Not to mention that the actor for Bond is ugly (I mean, I'm going to stare at him for a few hours, couldn't they get someone more good looking?) and a total creeper (shower scene anyone?). Oh and the song by Adele was pretty good.
Dec 30, 2012 9:56 PM

Jun 2008
Just watched the man with the iron fists with my dad. I laughed so bad in some of the scenes. Jamie Chung was still hot though.

Also some of the gore was uncalled for. We don't do that in most of our Chinese martial art films and Hollywood shouldn't do it either. :[

Fight scenes was decent. But mostly I was just laughing at the pure ridiculousness happening on screen. Kind of reminds me when I was watching Needless (anime).

7/10. Actually decided to give it a 7 because the music was pretty sweet, lol. Aside from that it would be a 6, a 5 if I wasn't laughing so much.

Major LOL during that flashback when RZA had that hair. It just seemed so out of place. My dad was mocking Russel Crowe for being this movie the whole way, lol.
TachiiDec 30, 2012 10:01 PM
Dec 31, 2012 1:27 AM

May 2012
HOBBIT - an unexpected journey..

Really nice movie and I enjoyed it..
Jan 1, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
I rewatched Spirited Away yesterday while I attempted to get some homework done! (And failed...) That movie is such a work of art! The story is whimsical and there are so many good morals throughout the movie. And I absolutely adore ChihiroxHaku! ^u^
Jan 1, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
Django Unchained......EASILY the best movie in 2012.

GO SEE IT NOW!

Seriously, it's very good.
Jan 1, 2013 11:56 PM

Dec 2012

Was funny. Really.
Jan 1, 2013 11:56 PM

Jun 2008
Watched Dredd on New Years' Eve. It's surprisingly not that bad. I had low expectations but Dredd was actually pretty badass. Reminds me of the Raid. The slo-mo was a pointless gimmick and was way too long in some scenes. It was also pretty bloody, but I was glad there wasn't sex at least (partly because my mom decided to watch the movie with me ._.).

7/10
Jan 2, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2008
Looper. Entertaining enough, despite Levitt's weird makeup and the nonsense that you'd expect from a time traveling movie.

Jan 5, 2013 1:22 PM

Feb 2009
Immortals ... enjoyed it, used some Greek mythology themes about Theseus. Mickey Rourke was a really well done ruthless villain as King Hyperion.
Jan 6, 2013 2:56 AM
Nov 2012
galil said:
I recently watched Drive.
It remains one of my favourite films. I like it more every time I watch it, and the soundtrack is just perfect.

omg a drive fan, i fucken love that movie, the soundtrack, the style, everything is sooo good. ive already watched it 3 times

*yay 60 post :D*
Jan 6, 2013 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
I just watched the return of the king blu-ray extended edition.
Preparing myself before i see the hobbit haha
It was amazing
Almost 4 hours of awesomeness
Jan 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Sep 2012
Saw Lincoln yesterday. Never have I seen so many old couples in one theater.
But anyway, too much heavy dialogue for me. I dozed off midway through and missed a good chunk of it.
Jan 7, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2012
I recently watched Foxfire: Confessions of a girl gang. The movie is set in a small town of the US during the 50s and is about a bunch of high school lesbians doing wild shit. The movie has its up and down, but overall it was a fun watch. A lot of casts weren't professionnal actor, but they delivered a pretty compelling performance. Really nice acting from the leader of the gang, and she was really hot too.
SetsukoHaraJan 7, 2013 8:19 AM
Jan 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Oct 2012
Recently watched National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets

Always loved the movie. Remember first seeing it in theaters with a friend all those years ago.

It's one of my favorites.
Jan 7, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Modern Times (1936)- Not as good as City Lights(1931) but still an excellent movie. Chaplin has made a movie that is one part comedy, one part social commentary, and all heart. Also, the lead actress is real pretty.
The Art of Eight
Jan 7, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
Just watched The Cabin in the Woods. I DO NOT go for "this kind" of fare, but I had read that it was truly unlike other horror films. And they were right. first 15 minutes might seem stereotypical, but it quickly evolved into something far different and super entertaining. Clever and satiricall. It was really quite awesome.
Jan 7, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
The hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, loved it so much.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 9, 2013 5:11 PM
Oct 2012
Rurorin Kenshin the one that came out recently... was amazing >.<"!!!!
Jan 9, 2013 8:55 PM
Mar 2012
Django Unchained was the best movie of the year, it deserves the best picture oscar indeed....
Jan 10, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2009
For a Few Dollars More. I've watched this so many times and it's still a great film. Eastwood and Cleef are pretty much the definition of cool here. Style over substance at it finest. I prefer the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 10, 2013 5:07 PM

Aug 2012
daintybiscuit said:
Just watched The Cabin in the Woods. I DO NOT go for "this kind" of fare, but I had read that it was truly unlike other horror films. And they were right. first 15 minutes might seem stereotypical, but it quickly evolved into something far different and super entertaining. Clever and satiricall. It was really quite awesome.

It was an obvious weed promotion movie haha, I don't have a problem with that, it's just funny how the stoner was the only one who knew what was going on.

I just finished からのきょうかい:むじゅんらせん. It was great.
Jan 10, 2013 5:53 PM

Aug 2012
Amputeed said:
Saw Lincoln yesterday. Never have I seen so many old couples in one theater.
But anyway, too much heavy dialogue for me. I dozed off midway through and missed a good chunk of it.

Ha! IKR? I could literally smell the distinctive scent of the elderly in the theater.

Last film I watched was Les Miserables.
TBH, it was okay, not that amazing. Russel Crow sucked dick at singing, and Amanda was "alright". Anne Hathaway was great but had little screen time. Hugh Jackman did a pretty good job, but I always half-expected him to whip out his claws halfway and tear through everyone when he was in a tight pickle- not being able to see that had upset me.

Oh and that brown-haired girl was very good at singing. But who the hell is she?
Jan 10, 2013 6:22 PM

Dec 2012
Return of the king (Watching before i see hobbit)
Amazing as always haha
Jan 10, 2013 10:40 PM

Apr 2009
THE HOBBIT

okay! i've got a lot to say about this film.
first of all, i had been looking forward to this film for quite some time, so going in, my expectations were high..and i wasnt dissappointed at all!
a lot of people say that the first half was 'boring'?? but it wasnt at all. the first half built up a lot of character introduction, it set the scene i found the dwarf interaction really amusing!
there was also a lot of adventuring (which is absolutely awesome)
the second half was even better, a lot of suspenseful battles, awesome environments and the scene with gollum (screams)

i liked this film so much, i saw it a second time..
i am looking forward to the next two..such a great film wow
(that wasnt a lot to say tbh)
Jan 13, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2011
KingofConquerors said:
Django Unchained was the best movie of the year, it deserves the best picture oscar indeed....

It was good but nothing more. the first 1:45-2 hours were usual Tarantino awesomeness but the last 45 minutes were just awkward.

Watch 7 Psychopaths yesterday. It was good but definitely does not come close to "In Bruges".
Jan 13, 2013 9:07 PM

Mar 2008
The last movie I saw was "The Silver Linings Playbook." I never thought that a movie about mental illness could be so entertaining, but it's really well done. I would definitely recommend it, Jennifer Lawrence is amazing.

Jan 13, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2008
Just seen 7 Psychopaths.

What a story. The screenplay (or storytelling?) was pretty good. The dark humour was pretty funny at times. And there was always this tension of "who will die next?" The ending was pretty lolzy, too (including the brief ending credit scene).

Solid 8/10.
Jan 14, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2007
Parental Guidance

Predictably corny and schmaltzy, but I'll be damned if Midler and Crystal didn't get some good laughs in. I felt they did a disservice by having kid characters who were obviously on some end of the autism spectrum and not acknowledging it, but that may have been too deep territory for a family film, and it did plenty to recognize the generation gap in parenting and how much modern parenting styles suck. Overall, a decent film, and leagues better than most live-action family fare that's shoveled out nowadays.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 14, 2013 6:13 PM

Sep 2009
Lincoln. It was alright and definitely an educational experience since it added to the knowledge of him that I acquired last year in APUSH. I'd have to say that it was unnecessarily long though. A lot of the scenes just sort of dragged on and while I enjoyed the symbolism right at the climax, the ending was pretty underplayed for me.

I'd probably give this a solid 8/10.
Jan 15, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2010
Rurouni Kenshin... Wow. And when I though that Japan can't fuck it up they did... They combined Aoshi's arc with Jinei's arc and fucking forgot to include Aoshi and his gang... And the fight with Sanosuke... The Zanbatou was like half the size it was in anime...
It was still enjoyable movie. Fight choregraphy was nice, characters looked good, pacing was alright...
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jan 19, 2013 3:54 AM
Jan 2013
Margaret.

2½ hours of Anna Paquin playing a stupid, full-of-herself, teenaged slut destroying people's lives. Doesn't sound very entertaining, and I pushed off watching it for a while for just that reason, but it turned out the critics were right, it's a very good film. Virtuoso performance, drags you along against your will. 8½/10.
Jan 19, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2011
'Another Earth'~ it's an Indie Romance Drama rated 12 or PG-13

I thought that it was great~it's the type of film that leaves you asking questions. Normally, I hate that- but for some reason I was content with the loose ends that the movie provided.

I want to watch 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' next- Ezra Miller, Emma Watson and Logan Lerman~ seems like a great combo ^^

Jan 19, 2013 3:36 PM

Dec 2008
The Hurt Locker. Absolutely loved it, definitely need to get it on DVD.

Currently paused half-way through The Lives of Others. Rather interesting so far.
Jan 19, 2013 3:40 PM
Aug 2007
Gangster Squad. It was kind of ridic and overblown but it was also very fun and Ryan Gosling absolutely beasted it. Plus, Sean Penn literally destroyed the scenery several times in some great moments of ~ACTING~. So I'll give it an 8/10.
Jan 19, 2013 5:33 PM

May 2012
007 Skyfall

Pretty awesome action movie
Jan 19, 2013 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
Just saw Flight.

Pretty OK. The first bit of the plane was epic, awesome and fast paced but then after that the rest of the movie plummeted. The middle part of the movie was too slow paced and got somewhat boring, but the ending was satisfying and sweet.

7/10
Jan 19, 2013 6:44 PM
Dec 2012
Joobie said:
007 Skyfall

Pretty awesome action movie

So did I. Probably Daniel is most realistic among all the Bond actors, and he is quite good in action scenes. But he is so realistic he is low-keyed or somber and lacks a charismatic charm and resplendence compared to Sean, Roger and Pierce. In short, he is like Golgo 13 rather than James Bond. I think JB is a spy with wits, a charismatic charm and a good sense of humor. Without these elements, he would be just like another action hero such as Jack Bauer of 24, Jason Bourne of The Bourne Identity or Ethan Hunt of Mission Impossible.

Also, the villain is not so impressive nor appealing. I think Robert Shaw as Red Grant in From Russia with Love was the best villain ever. Gert Fröbe in Goldfinger, Adolfo Celi in Thunderball and Telly Savalas in OHMSS also did a great job as a villain. I wish the producers brought back more appealing villains. Also I wish they brought back Spectre.
eminagnamJan 20, 2013 7:20 AM
Jan 19, 2013 9:37 PM

Jul 2007
Dredd.

An action movie for adults. Stylish, inventive, and good bloody fun. Christian Bale could take lessons from Urban who does monotone growling right with a performance. I would not say it was better than the other "Die Hard in an apartment" movie this year, but it was definitely very close. Also, I want to see Lena Headey in more roles where I love to hate her. She is just so fucking good at being bad.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 20, 2013 2:55 AM
Jan 2013
Lovely Molly.

Watchable. Doesn't quite know what it wants to be. By and large, it seems to be going for a bleak European feel, then there are a few J-horror elements that don't work, there are key scenes that are failed Twin Peaks rip-offs, they tried to make it a modern film in the sense that the little violence there is is deliberately and unnecessarily cruel, but mostly, it's just boring. Probably worst, for a "horror" film, I didn't get scared once. The lead actress isn't bad, though.
Jan 24, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2012
Recently I've watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey which story too matched with book story but book story is not much interesting rather then movie..because we've seen a lot graphics in it....
Jan 24, 2013 3:59 AM
Jun 2011
Gangster Squad. Unbelievably corny, but if you're into the whole mob-esque movie that's on the lighter side, check it out.
Jan 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
Just saw killing them softly.

It was kind of boring, but there was 1 surprise kill that almost scared the crap out of me. Otherwise one particular character felt like a complete waste of time. I guess they wanted to do a character study type of film but meh, not my sort of thing.

6/10

Think I'll rewatch Fast Five today.
Pages (97) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7562 by KingVamp_ »»
9 hours ago

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

1 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Today, 10:46 AM

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3381 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 10:23 AM

» Duet Songs Recommendations?

Iroas - Yesterday

2 by Zettaiken »»
Today, 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.