Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (97) « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2015 3:14 AM

Nov 2014
Saw Indochine (1992) again after a long long time. The fact that I did not watch it in its entirety the first time was fortunate, I had the chance to relive the film. Was quite a watch actually, with the allegory which I was too young to notice back then.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 9, 2015 4:02 AM

May 2015
El secreto de sus ojos: solid 4.5/5 film. Still think Un Prophète deserved that Oscar, though.
Oct 12, 2015 12:30 AM

Nov 2014
Alexander (2004) I thought it was the best film by Oliver Stone. It has a grand scale for sure, epic scenes and homosexual touch. The Ultimate Cut properly transformed the film altogether, same with Kingdom of Heaven. Overall, a very good watch. Having read a fair amount about Alexander, I can actually see him as portrait by Colin Farrel, a whiny, weak, ambitious, cynical general and the son of Zeus.

Bringing Up Baby (1938) It was the best comedy I saw for a while. Great comic timing, Katherine Hepburn was not annoying at all. In fact, I loved her character to death. I too would have fallen for Susan after that day. And the sexual innuendo, it's so in your face, not subtle at all. "I just went gay all of a sudden." was so unexpected LMAO.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 12, 2015 2:17 AM

May 2015
Metropolis: Great stuff imo
Oct 12, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2015
Boogie Nights. After watching There Will Be Blood two weeks ago and now this, I think I can safely say I'm not a fan of Paul Thomas Anderson. I think I liked The Master though, but only because Scientology intrigues me.
Oct 12, 2015 8:45 AM

May 2015
princesa-real said:
Boogie Nights. After watching There Will Be Blood two weeks ago and now this, I think I can safely say I'm not a fan of Paul Thomas Anderson. I think I liked The Master though, but only because Scientology intrigues me.

He might be my favorite director.

Have you watched Magnolia? It's great.
Oct 12, 2015 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
School of Rock. I have a soft spot for that movie, Jack Black was pretty funny there.
Oct 12, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
DisdainMatto said:
Just went to see The Martian. Fantastic film. Can't wait for it to be ignored by the academy.

It's okay if Leo is able to win finally.. but nah, I think the guy from the Danish Girl will win again because of the movie's theme.

Now seriously, I really want to see The Martian but I haven't been able to yet :/
Oct 12, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2015
Will be livid if Fassbender doesn't win.
Oct 12, 2015 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
Ben-Hur said:

He might be my favorite director.

Have you watched Magnolia? It's great.

I'm actually interested in seeing that! I can see why people like PTA. He has a really distinctive style and way of telling stories and unfortunately it doesn't jive with me that much yet. I'll definitely check Magnolia out when my brain isn't so tired of watching his movies!
Oct 12, 2015 10:10 PM
Oct 2015
Battle Royale (best Japanese movie I've seen with lots of action)
Oct 12, 2015 10:17 PM

Jul 2012
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492044/
The Haunting in Connecticut (2009)

Hung out with my IRL friends and had a spooky movie night. I hate horror and I hate this movie. Not that good. The ending credits were creepier than most of the movie, btw.
Oct 13, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2014
Bonnie and Clyde, a fun film, perhaps one of the many inspirations for the Grand Thief Auto series.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 13, 2015 9:27 PM
Sep 2013
THE MARTIAN WAS REALLY GOOD. WATCH IT.

Oct 14, 2015 8:58 AM

May 2015
A Separation: Excellent film.
Oct 15, 2015 12:07 AM

Nov 2014
The Apartment
Really liked Jack Lemmon. This might be the best one I have ever seen him in.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 15, 2015 12:15 AM

Jan 2012
Tremors 5. Aside from the cheesy dialogue at times it actually wasn't bad. I think it's recommendable to the average person but if you like tremors it's and were looking for a good sequel you got it.
you sound poor
Oct 15, 2015 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
Boruto

Ah shit you jelly
Oct 16, 2015 4:28 AM

May 2010
The Martian

Wasn't that bad, but I was counting on some darker thriller/drama, and it turned out to be pretty light-hearted. It was pretty funny though, liked main character's sarcasm. Still, liked the Interstellar a bit more. 7/10
Oct 16, 2015 4:42 AM

May 2015
M: Another good film by Fritz Lang. Also dat Edvard Grieg song
Oct 16, 2015 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
Ben-Hur said:
M: Another good film by Fritz Lang. Also dat Edvard Grieg song

M for Masterpiece and Mesmerizing. this movie is so good One of the most influential films ever, almost every filmed story of a Psychotic killer owes it's existence to this movie like Psycho, Clockwork Orange and Chinatown.

Oct 16, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
Curse of Chucky
This was actually pretty damn good. Seed was pretty damn bad but this one went back to its roots. A sequel is on the way so yeah lets go Chucky.
Oh and obligatory series rating...
1>6>4>2>5>3
you sound poor
Oct 16, 2015 1:20 PM

Mar 2014
Hotel Transylvania 2

It was good! Not quite as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it. There was some pretty funny humor in it.
Oct 16, 2015 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
Wuthering Heights (1939). I have read the book and watched the 92's version, but this was superior in all aspects and more emotional. Laurence Olivier's acting was not as dramatic and intense as Fiennes', especially at the monologues, but it still was impactful.
Be it the book or the movies, I feel somewhat depressed every time I finish them.
Oct 16, 2015 8:30 PM

Nov 2014
Paris, Texas. Man, Wim Wenders cannot tell a story. The film was beautiful, but it was a long monotonous drag. I expected the mystery thing to be played out more than that. It was just, I don't know, sad, especially the last part, the long monologue was a rambling to the audience, it was the worst kind of rambling, it felt really forced and nonsensical. I could not care less for any characters. He was a far cry from Ozu.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 16, 2015 10:30 PM

May 2015
Homepage said:
Paris, Texas. Man, Wim Wenders cannot tell a story. The film was beautiful, but it was a long monotonous drag. I expected the mystery thing to be played out more than that. It was just, I don't know, sad, especially the last part, the long monologue was a rambling to the audience, it was the worst kind of rambling, it felt really forced and nonsensical. I could not care less for any characters. He was a far cry from Ozu.

I couldn't get into it at all.
Oct 16, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2014
Ben-Hur said:
Homepage said:

I couldn't get into it at all.

That makes two of us.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 17, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2014
The Game 1997.

It was pretty good, but there was something about the MC I didn't like.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 17, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Macbeth (2015) - Was good. Would have been better w/o the Shakespeare talk. It's hard enough as it is understanding Scottish accents.
Oct 18, 2015 5:30 AM

Oct 2015
Cold Fish. I used to really like this director (Shion Sono) but I'm not so sure now. I couldn't finish this movie because it was so boring.
Oct 18, 2015 8:16 AM

May 2015
Vozvrashcheniye: Really good movie by Zvyagintsev. Good acting performances and a nice story.
Oct 18, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
Crimson Peak.
Honestly, I expected a lot more, Pan's Labyrinth left a great impact on me when I watched it for the first time, I guess I souldn't leave my expectations too high on Guillermo del Toro.
Still, pretty entertaining. Seeing Tom Hiddleston with black hair is always a bless to my eyes. and that red ghost fucked me up real hard
Oct 18, 2015 12:46 PM

Feb 2008
Devour. I will always have a soft spot for cultist movies. Especially in Halloween.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oct 18, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2015
Aquane said:
Crimson Peak.
Honestly, I expected a lot more, Pan's Labyrinth left a great impact on me when I watched it for the first time, I guess I souldn't leave my expectations too high on Guillermo del Toro.

Pan's Labyrinth is his only good movie imo.
Oct 18, 2015 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
The Green Inferno.
It was gruesome. I actually almost threw up.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 18, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2014
Inside Out was really freaking good.

Oct 18, 2015 8:15 PM

Oct 2015
Last movie I watch was Taken 3

I don't know how I feel about this movie as I caught like the last 45 minuets of it, but for what I saw, I really enjoyed it.
Oct 18, 2015 9:52 PM

Nov 2014
The Big Sleep. I don't like Faulkner's writings, so I did not like the film much, plot wise. Lauren Baccall's pairing with Bogart was quite interesting. Having said that, I don't think I'd see the two other films of their co starring.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 21, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
Stand by Me.
Great coming of age movie. Kinda thought the kid would get his cap back but whatev.
you sound poor
Oct 21, 2015 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Homepage said:
The Big Sleep. I don't like Faulkner's writings, so I did not like the film much, plot wise. Lauren Baccall's pairing with Bogart was quite interesting. Having said that, I don't think I'd see the two other films of their co starring.

If you mean Casablanca and To have and have not, they are must-watches, not better than The big sleep imo but they can hardly be missed.

Key Largo is very recommendable, though. Huston's ability to create a suffocating and claustrophobic thriller is amazing, and Bogart is great in there. Sadly not so much for Bacall, who didn't get a consistant enough role, and is far more fascinating at any of the above mentioned.
Oct 22, 2015 8:33 PM

Nov 2014
jal90 said:
Homepage said:

If you mean Casablanca and To have and have not, they are must-watches, not better than The big sleep imo but they can hardly be missed.

Key Largo is very recommendable, though. Huston's ability to create a suffocating and claustrophobic thriller is amazing, and Bogart is great in there. Sadly not so much for Bacall, who didn't get a consistant enough role, and is far more fascinating at any of the above mentioned.

I meant Key Largo and To Have and Have Not. Casablanca was him with Ingrid Bergman no? I first saw it when I was a kid, rewatched it some three years ago. It was more enjoyable than The Big Sleep, imo. Neither is one of my favourites.

I am put off by Hemingway's source writing so I doubt I'd check it out soon. Key Largo is more likely next, even that is a distant likely.

On topic: saw Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. This is the one I've been always wanted to watch, for no reason, properly because of Virginia Woolf in the title.
To answer the question: I am, tbh. It's a melodrama, but not the kind of bad melodrama, I can't say it's the good kind either. It's just something weird. I don't know how can people live like that with each other. It must feel tiring. The direction and cinematography saved my attention and patience to finish it.
HomepageOct 22, 2015 8:37 PM
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Oct 22, 2015 9:09 PM
Jun 2015
Watched recently Kikujiro, the first one i've seen of japanese legend Takeshi Kitano. Wouldn't say it was fantastic or out of this world, but it was still a nice comfy little film. I found interesting the deliberately slow pacing, liked the relationship and development between the titular character acted by Kitano and the kid protagonist, Masao, had some nice music and I did like some of the shenanigans of these two.

Overall, I would give this movie an 8/10.
Oct 22, 2015 10:43 PM

Jun 2012
Last Live-Action Movie:
Jurassic World. I really don't understand all of the hype. It was somewhat enjoyable, but I thought there were too many subplots that they just abandoned. Such as the things with her nephews and their parents divorcing... actually wait, almost their entire existence in the movie. And the thing with the men in the lab. It just seemed to drop all of those subplots and in favor of turning it into a typical romance movie. I'm not even comparing it to the original movies either. The cast and the environment was really good but... It's like this movie had so much going for it, and it kind of fell flat to me.

Last Animated Movie:
Persona 3: Midsummer Knight's Dream (I was on a re-watching hype after the Atlus Stream). I really enjoyed the way that the Persona 3 movies handled the game events. For all that it has to cover, the pacing isn't too bad. This movie has expanded Ken and Shinjiro's relationship a lot more which I find enjoyable. It does cut out a lot (like the social links and such) and does change some events, but the key points from the game are all there. So I really look forward to the third movie.
Oct 23, 2015 1:32 AM

Dec 2013
Last Shift.
Don't really like this one.

★━━─

Oct 23, 2015 4:49 AM

Oct 2010
Homepage said:
jal90 said:

Casablanca was him with Ingrid Bergman no? I first saw it when I was a kid, rewatched it some three years ago. It was more enjoyable than The Big Sleep, imo. Neither is one of my favourites.

Yes.. yes it is. What a bad confusion on my part. I tend to associate Casablanca and To have and have not way too often -they have rather similar storylines- so I messed up with the actresses.

There's another movie starred by Bogart & Bacall, by the way. Dark passage from Delmer Daves. I haven't watched it, though.
Oct 23, 2015 6:02 AM

Jul 2015
The Bourne Identity.

8.8/10. Great, smart action flick of the past decade. Reminded me a lot of Casion Royale, I guess that was the style of the 2000s action movie. I don't see much action movies like it nowadays other than the Bond movies. I was planning to marathon the whole series but I'm just worn out by the first.
Oct 23, 2015 6:21 AM

May 2015
One of the GOAT trilogies
Oct 23, 2015 11:21 PM

Dec 2013
3 A.M. (2012)
It's not actually scary (well, for me) but a very entertaining movie. I love the third part of the story. Creative story plots

★━━─

Oct 24, 2015 5:02 AM

Jul 2014
The Streetfighter (1974, Japan). One hell of an entertaining martial arts romp starring Sonny Chiba of Kill Bill fame. The fight scenes are some of the most over the top and exciting I have seen in a while and the plot, while rather simple, is entertaining. The film is not without it's flaws though as there are times when the plot feels somewhat disjointed and the English dubbing is crap (the latter isn't the film's fault).

Overall I would award the film with a 7.5 rating and I'd recommend it to any fans of martial arts movies as well as to fans of 70s exploitation films in general.
Take care of yourself

Oct 24, 2015 9:07 AM
Oct 2015
Edward Scissorhands with Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp.
I love that movie,first throught it's some kind of horror but it practicaly turned out to be a comedy.And Winona looked awersome in it.
Pages (97) « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the worst movie you've ever watched? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2017

114 by AverageRiceFan »»
38 minutes ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Yesterday

11 by cyandaqil »»
43 minutes ago

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - 2 hours ago

0 by batslimeman »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7599 by juanlqr »»
11 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Today

2 by DollzchanAi »»
Today, 1:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.