Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2012 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Series is over ;.;

Overall, I quite enjoyed the series as I found it refreshing and realistic to watch with the drama and characters. The finale episode was alright although I feel sorry for Yamato because he seems to be down with a flu of sorts! Calm down, Yamato lol.

Other than that, the episode was a dramatic watch imo. So, I'm glad that mostly everyone is with who they care about. 9/10

Final shot from the series and dat end card:

Dec 29, 2012 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Yamato tried too hard that he has fever. Everyone (including Kai) letting Mei visit Yamato was too over... LOL @ both Mei and Yamato for missing each other's feelings and passing by. Didn't think KajiKaji's character would "appeared" again!! And he became serious unlike manga. The girl at the bakery that introduced last ep. was his girl. They also showed Nagi's boyfriend!!

I want more (not just OVA).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 29, 2012 10:27 AM

Oct 2011
sweet last episode

Dec 29, 2012 10:33 AM
Sep 2012
Aw at Nagi's friend taking care of her at the end. I don't understand why Nagi couldn't tell Mei that Yamato was too sick to be around instead of what she did say. The pass the phone sequence was funny. I really enjoyed this series and I wish a company would pick up the manga for a US release.
shymelDec 29, 2012 1:26 PM
Dec 29, 2012 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
YO... THAT LAST SCENE WAS SOOO CUTEEE!!

Let me have a boyfriend as perfect!!! Q_____Q

Mei did frustrait me for being too much of a coward this episode, but w/e T o T

Everyone read the manga!! Its 10000x better!~~~ ^^
Dec 29, 2012 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
I think Yamato's sickness was messing with him a little there xD

Felt a tab bit cliche with some of the misunderstandings and a bit cheesy when he ran by while she looked the other way, and the battery running out, but Ill let it slide since this shows been so good thus far :P

Ended on filler, lol really? Wasn't even as sweet as previous episodes :P Ah well...
Guess Ill start reading the manga instead of waiting for a second season, anyone know where this leaves off?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 29, 2012 11:24 AM
Sep 2012
LOL @ all the misunderstandings in this episode. I was laughing at both Mei and Yamato's delusions about each other. Mei's delusions were funnier since she had that look on her face whenever she basically threw him into the sky and the electrical wires in that last delusion.

Nagi is cute and funny as always. I was laughing too at how she just took the phone and told Mei that Yamato didn't want to see her - without any care in the world. I also didn't expect that she'd have a boyfriend of her own with how she's a bro-con and all.

Mei and Yamato kissing in the end was a nice way to end the show. One of the best of the season.
Dec 29, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2011
Oh yeah that was a funny and wonderful episode at the same time .

It's a proudly 10/10 for this series . It warmed up my soul .
Dec 29, 2012 11:28 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had so many frustrating misunderstandings but was cute and enjoyable.
This series was really really nice overall. I wish I had a relationship as cute as this sigh////

I really liked watching this, maybe it'll get a season 2 if we're lucky!! uwu

** oh also i agree episode 12 would have been a more definite ending imo and they probably should have left it off at that
StarmieDec 29, 2012 12:25 PM
魔法少女グレイシー
Dec 29, 2012 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
It's sad that it's over now. But, I feel as though Episode 12 would have been a better way to end the series...
Oh well! Maybe Season 2 in a two years or so?
Dec 29, 2012 11:45 AM

Nov 2008
It was an enjoyable anime.
But this last episode was a bit slow even thought I liked the way they both panick when they can't see each other^^
Am I a S?
Dec 29, 2012 11:48 AM

Dec 2010
This last episode was funny! xD

But it more like an ova because this doesn't happen in the manga.

I really liked the anime ^^ was so cute! *-*
Dec 29, 2012 11:50 AM

May 2009
An okay ending.

I feel like it should've ended last week though, but that's just my opinion.
[
Dec 29, 2012 12:01 PM

Mar 2008
Horrible ending from someone that's read the manga. Episode twelve should have been the real end. This would've done better as an OVA. Or not at all.

The anime was a train wreck, but still somewhat decent.
Dec 29, 2012 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
ueda said:
Episode twelve should have been the real end. This would've done better as an OVA. Or not at all.

The anime was a train wreck, but still somewhat decent.

Pointless misunderstandings yet again.
Dec 29, 2012 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
Looking back on Say I love You my feelings are mixed on it. On one hand it executed a traditional shojo romance better than other average shojo making the conflicts between the couple just long enough without dragging into melodrama. However it didn't push itself to be "Great". It wasn't particularly funny, the romance THAT compelling, the characters exciting/quirky. I have to stress though it didn't do anything particularly bad. The only thing that will pop up in my head when someone brings up this show is the ED by Suneohair which is one of my favorites of the season
Dec 29, 2012 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
For me previous episode was proper final one. This one was also great but too much comedy feel to this episode didn't really fit into whole anime. This episode was more like OVA or something.

Even so i really enjoyed this anime.
Dec 29, 2012 12:31 PM

Jan 2012
Loved the last episode. Even though it didn't wrap up anything, but it was a nice end to the season. Hope to see more of this someday.

Dec 29, 2012 12:32 PM
Jul 2012
This episode was cool, more comedic than any other episode though.
Episode 12 was the real ending in my opinion.
Nagi and her boyfriend were cute though :3
I have nothing to put here yet.
Dec 29, 2012 12:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
About half way through I started pulling out my fingernails with a pair of pliers. By the time they found each other I was about to start on my toe nails.
Dec 29, 2012 12:36 PM

Dec 2009
This felt a lot like an OVA or bonus episode but it was funny and sweet and made for a good ending.

The series overall was good, mostly because the (main) characters felt genuine with a strong appeal, human flaws and not too much melodrama. The biggest problem the series had was how it kept introducing a new rival every two episodes until pretty much the third act of the series. It got really tedious and it says a lot about the strengths of this show that it didn't degrade the series too much.

8/10
Ara ara.
Dec 29, 2012 12:36 PM

Jan 2011
I love this series, but this episode was pretty obviously filler. The next arc when they return to school would take at least two episodes and they might need to do some backfilling on important bits they left out (Yamato's older brother), but all in all they've made it pretty easy to pick up the story again once the manga has moved forward enough to provide the material for season two (that'll be awhile though--we're more likely to get another season of Kimi ni Todoke first).

The montage under the ED was pretty nice. We got to see a lot of couples in love and a hint that maybe there will be something between Kai and Megu. My favourite bit was the one showing a slightly softer side of Aiko, blushing and smiling at her boyfriend.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 29, 2012 12:57 PM

Apr 2011
It was not the best romance I have seen, but it was pretty good.
8/10 in my opinion.
I rated both Tonari and this 8/10 but I enjoyed this one just a bit more.
Now I have to wait for tomorrow so that I can mark it as "completed"? Yeah, why? XD
Dec 29, 2012 1:16 PM

Sep 2007
Nice end to a rather average anime . Sakurasou and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun far superior this season.

Dec 29, 2012 1:32 PM
Jun 2009
Sukitte was avarage. This ep - frustrating. And all hail the great recovery! Mei = Jesus much?
I was hoping for a far better anime, but Mei was just a boring tsundere, we just don't get to know anything about her, besides the fact that she's shy, has a job, and her boyfriend is her whole world.
Tonari ftw.
Dec 29, 2012 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
OMG what a way to end the series (season?). It was hilarious. LOL

Mei being as cute as always... trying to avoid the attention, but ends up being the center of attention. :)
She was so hesitant in this episode... should I? should I not? should I?....

It was also cool seeing Yamato having that anxiety attack... Kakeru should've been more precise. :D

This was hilarious:

I don't know how that manage to happen... just bad luck. :D

Mei brimming with confidence... she finally acknowledges her love for Yamato :)

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 29, 2012 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was so frustrating yet hilarious xD
Couldn't stop laughing when Yamato was freaking out about Kakeru and Mei hahah
Dec 29, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2010
KevinRammstein said:
Now I have to wait for tomorrow so that I can mark it as "completed"? Yeah, why? XD

Yeeei I'm not the only one think this!! \o/

xDD

nobody else said something about that xD
I don't understand why they don't change the status u.u
Dec 29, 2012 2:14 PM

Apr 2011
Dudazumi said:

I don't understand why they don't change the status u.u

Well, technically I understand why. This site lists the end of the anime tomorrow for some reason, so they want to prevent that people say they finished it when the anime didn't even air all the way to the end yet.
Dec 29, 2012 2:27 PM

Jul 2010
Awww can't believe it's over! I miss it already....... :'(

The episode was good, but not the best. I feel they could have done a better ending. But I've loved this so much, totally gonna miss Mei and Yamato.
Dec 29, 2012 2:33 PM
Oct 2012
It should have ended after episode 12.
Dec 29, 2012 2:36 PM

Mar 2011
Love is hard.
Dec 29, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
Totally agree. Episode 12 would be a fine ending. Couldn't wait for the ep. 13 to end finally. Lame.
Dec 29, 2012 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
Mei, why didn't you 'Say I love you', dammit, !

Dec 29, 2012 3:19 PM

Aug 2011
Loved it. Time to stick to the manga.

Dec 29, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2011
god, I love the hopeless idiots
Dec 29, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2007
Oh man, Yamato was hilarious when he was freaking out XD XD XD

and LOL at the way he took off his jacket when he was like "I'M GOING OUT TOO!"
And did he jump over the fence around his house? LOL

Awesome end, though I wish I could've seen Mei say that line straight at his face and seen his reaction to it. Oh well...that's what the manga is for I guess.....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 29, 2012 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
Kyobotte said:
Love is hard.

if u think that is hard real life is like 100 times worse llol
Dec 29, 2012 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
I see a lot of hate on the anime again cause the manga reading fans xD Even if it was a filler like epi it was still a fun one and a good end too a great anime. Perhaps a season 2 if all goes well :)
Dec 29, 2012 4:21 PM

Nov 2012
Ok, this is just my opinion, but I didn't care for this episode or the anime at that matter. Yea, this anime was sort of funny and sort of entertaining to watch, but since it was so far from the manga(or how this episode didn't even happen in the manga)it was just a big disappointment. I probably would have liked it better if I never read the manga, but since I did I know all the things they did wrong. Overall, I liked the art and it was cool to watch one of my favorite manga's come to life in moving color, but the story was very shallow and it just ruined the cuteness the manga gave off for me. My score for this episode/anime would be a 5 or 6 out of 10.

PS: I would recommend the manga hands down instead of the anime, or if you want to watch this anime make sure you read the manga first. Oh and for those who liked this episode/anime I don't mean to upset you guys and get all of those write backs saying I'm stupid(lol xD), this is just my opinion and you can disagree or agree with me :)
xxXKittyXxxDec 29, 2012 4:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2012 5:04 PM

Dec 2009
Enjoyed that more than I thought I would.
Tonari was the better shoujo this season though.
8/10
Dec 29, 2012 5:16 PM
Oct 2009
Nagi was such a b!tch in this episode >> I'd just steal the freakin cell phone from her hands right away. And really? Both Yamato and Mei still don't trust each other one bit? I'd like more lovey-dovey parts in a romance anime. But everyone's just stressed out and angsty all the time...

All in all I thought it was alright. The characters designs were nice and there were a few cute scenes but that's really all there is to it imo.
Dec 29, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
Kyaa, it's over! T.T Well, this series ended great; there were a lot of couples in the end <3 Though they didn't really provide that much background to a lot of the characters, not much even on Mei's side >.< However, I enjoyed this series - one of my faves^^

^ The two pictures provided a good closing to the show; especially the end card - instead of seeing Mei alone, waiting for the train by herself (which she did throughout the show), Yamato is with her<3 ^^ Also, the characters on the left of the card translate to "The End"^^ ~
Dec 29, 2012 5:45 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was so frustrating, but in a good way. Obstacles are always placed in front of Mei and Yamato, however, they always manage to pull through in the end. I'm quite surprised that Nagi of all people found a partner her age too.

I thought each episode does an excellent job of creating a mood that I'm sucked in to. I guess about half the eps, I was in tears by the end of it. That's how much I cared for these characters. Mei is cute and shy while Yamato is tender but reassuring. It was all about the cast and I thought it does a good job of developing them throughout. They felt genuine and so did their issues.OP and ED were very enjoyable too, the latter being a little bland but the song more than made up for it.

A sweet end to a great series. Say "I love this show". 8/10.
Dec 29, 2012 5:52 PM

Aug 2008
Episode 12 feels more like an ending to me.
Dec 29, 2012 5:52 PM
Jun 2008
so after mei & yamato have walk around next day yamato got cold with sister keep all watch on him with mei worry so everyone tell mei go visit yamato.

so mei go charge in try a call but denied by yamato's sister then retreat then got call from everyone with kai tell mei go charge so mei go again.

while yamato stuck with his sister got a call from lady stealer guy with said he find one girl to keep & also work in bakery with yamato in panic if tried going to steal mei?

yet mei try to knock still worry oh a boy with glasses come in for yamato's sister give also worry so mei help the boy charge in for have yamato's sister.

all good yet yamato to find mei yet did mei was there to see bakery & lady stealer guy had own female & not mei so all relax oh baker lady yikes then kai to rescue for yamato.

mei still worry more then yamato appear & etc everything all fine & kiss end.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 29, 2012 5:59 PM

May 2008
Im really glad they give me one more episode to enjoy this show .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 29, 2012 8:21 PM
Apr 2008
Sweet Ending. It It's Been A While Since I Saw Such A Heart-warming Love Story. The Anime Didn't Have A Special Story, However I Somehow Had A Great Feeling After Watching This Anime. I Can't Even Describe It In Words How I Liked It. Maybe The Best Heart Warming Story Of 2012, But just Maybe. It's Because Still Didn't Finish Watching Kamisama Hajimemashita It's Also A Heart-warming Story. ^^

!!! Time To Search For The Manga !!!
Dec 29, 2012 8:38 PM
Dec 2012
Should we be expecting a season 2?
Dec 29, 2012 9:20 PM

Dec 2012
Another great anime going to my completed list :( maybe i'll go read the manga.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2012

108 by ginseng6 »»
Aug 27, 2023 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.