Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 22, 2008 8:14 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh My God NAGI! Who's this?! ↓↓↓ It's not the usual Nagi we know

Amazing episode, the whole show was so fully packed with lol moments i never really did get any rest laughing. Except for that part in the pic up there, where things got serious. Good thing it's not all about laughs this time.

5/5
Nov 22, 2008 10:35 AM

Nov 2008
Look interesting. Things getting serious? Nah just another phase of Nagi. Whether the outcome is bad or not, remains to be seen.

I think the change will occur should both spirits of Nagi and Zange fuse. Unless someone has a better suggestion on how Hakua's possession be removed.

I decided to pick this series up.

BECAUSE

It is funny.
It is serious.
It has cute moments.

I just wonder how GOD would take this show? O_O

Things to add

I have never seen so much fanservice about a Goddess since I am new. I go to University.

There is this guy angel who posted here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=47487 about Nagi's eyes have you noticed in this episode this like the second time they do that. Must be some split personality thing for sure. There is something seriously wrong with Nagi in this episode

FANSERVICE! For people as contribution. This takes long but drool ON!

lonehunter88 said:
lol.. Daitetsu's imaginations are the best! but im not giving this episode a 5/5 coz i didnt get to see tsugumi half of the episode >.<

hate the fan-service of nagi.. humph!~

Why? Fan service is good. Are you jealous of others seeing Nagi in a erotic way? You know she could be a deity of love as well as of land.

Took some pics out cause people don't like them. :(
slayer545-samaNov 23, 2008 11:32 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 22, 2008 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Haha the whole time Hibiki's absurde illusions, I enjoyed this a lot^^
Nov 22, 2008 12:10 PM

Jan 2008
HoaRy said:
Haha the whole time Hibiki's absurde illusions, I enjoyed this a lot^^
Yeah, Daitetsu's imaginations were really funny. Great episode.
Nov 22, 2008 9:05 PM

Mar 2008
lol.. Daitetsu's imaginations are the best! but im not giving this episode a 5/5 coz i didnt get to see tsugumi half of the episode >.<

hate the fan-service of nagi.. humph!~
Nov 23, 2008 10:45 PM

Sep 2007
Hmmm this was an ok episode. Last week's was funnier. Lolz at the girls thinking Daitetsu wants Jin.

Wtf was up with this:
Nov 23, 2008 10:53 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
Hmmm this was an ok episode. Last week's was funnier. Lolz at the girls thinking Daitetsu wants Jin.

Wtf was up with this:

People panicking over something?
Nov 23, 2008 11:06 PM

Jan 2007
This episode was a hoot. Great laughs. The whole forbidden love story was awesome.
Nov 23, 2008 11:13 PM

Sep 2007
slayer545 said:
Wasabi said:

Wtf was up with this:

You obviously missed the point.
Nov 23, 2008 11:36 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
slayer545 said:
Wasabi said:

Wtf was up with this:

Just trying to guess. There are already people saying WTF is up with the ecchi in this episode but I don't care about that.
Nov 24, 2008 12:12 AM
Sep 2008
The question was about what that girl and the blue thing were, as opposed to what the scene was about.
Nov 24, 2008 12:21 AM

Dec 2007
It was nice to see more of Daitetsu. Imagination was great, of course, and I liked his "The Thinker" pose on the toilet.

Also, I look forward to learning more about that other Nagi.
Nov 24, 2008 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
aside from the bathroom panic scene, what's this:

Nov 24, 2008 1:05 AM

Jul 2008
Daitetsu has quite the imagination. Funny episode, many Nagi idol moments.
Nov 24, 2008 1:36 AM

Sep 2007
evirob said:
aside from the bathroom panic scene, what's this:

That just appears to be a normal practice during gym class in Japan. Not quite sure if they're intentionally parodying anything but I've seen many anime have this kind of practice in their gym episodes as well.
Nov 24, 2008 1:39 AM

Feb 2008
Wasabi said:
slayer545 said:
Wasabi said:

Wtf was up with this:

i was trying to find out what was up with this scene also, like wtf? lol
Nov 24, 2008 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
gah.. Nagi-sama is being defiled! To hell with Hibiki!

Nov 24, 2008 1:54 AM

Jul 2007
this episode was funny, not to mention the awesome fanservice. nagi FTW <3

i thought the restroom panic scene was funny as hell but i thought the fairy and the blue buddha guy was some sort of obscure reference. anyone recognize em?
Nov 24, 2008 1:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Funny episode, though not as good as previous ones. NekoNagi was nice, that one caught me by surprise.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 24, 2008 2:13 AM

Mar 2008
Daitetsu funny!

"I'll not surrender Jin to you"
Nov 24, 2008 2:25 AM

Nov 2007
This episode wasn't quite as entertaining as previous ones for whatever reason. Felt a little flat. :(
Nov 24, 2008 4:21 AM

Jul 2008
funny how daitetsu draw all the different scenarios out in his mind, also lol for gay-rumors ^^ somehow this episode reminded me a lil bit of lucky star.....^^
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Nov 24, 2008 4:39 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was as good as any Kannagi episode, I was laughing my ass off from start to finish with a small break in the middle when Nagi went godmode.

I loved how they portrayed Daitetsu and Jin in this episode, lots of subtle yaoi hints, extremely entertaining.
Nov 24, 2008 4:53 AM

Apr 2008
Asako said:
This episode wasn't quite as entertaining as previous ones for whatever reason. Felt a little flat. :(

Yea, this felt like rather dry episode, not bad but not awesome like previous ones.

Hope the next episode owns all. This anime is nearing its end, don't end it badly.
AnkkuliNov 24, 2008 4:57 AM
Something.
Nov 24, 2008 5:51 AM

Feb 2008
Wasabi said:
slayer545 said:
Wasabi said:

Wtf was up with this:

Mid with the *foam?* is the Kannagi mangaka. I'm still trying to find out who that green haired character is supposed to be..

Nov 24, 2008 6:18 AM

Aug 2008
Oh my Nagi, I can't stop laughin! The imaginations were great
Nov 24, 2008 7:39 AM
Aug 2007
The mystery of Nagi is slowly growing so less comedy than previous episode, but I still liked Daitetsu's wild imagination.
Nov 24, 2008 8:59 AM

Jun 2007
god, yes
This was by far the best episode of this show so far.
Daitetsu was just hilarious with mostly everything he did or spoke in the later part of the episode.
If the show keeps something like this up I'd love to continue this. :>
Nov 24, 2008 9:23 AM

Feb 2008
haha pretty funny. the bathroom scene was just a spoof or an easter egg...
Nov 24, 2008 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
Funny episdoe...I thought the fanservicy bits were well concieved, but really uncomfortable for me. Nagi is drawn so prepubescent that it's just a little too weird.
Nov 24, 2008 9:34 AM

Jul 2007
Episode 7&8 seem to make up for the lackluster episodes 5&6. Needless to say, it's taken over index on my personal season ranking, coming in at #4.

In either case, excellent episode. The relationship development was appealing to me, and the darker scene with Nagi prompted some interesting questions. In particular, about the mental structure she maintains as a God and some hints into what mechanisms of her being allowed her to be able to posses a wooden structure (or, in fact, brought into one). Though, perhaps that's just my ignorance of Japanese customs speaking. Seeing as there would be some cultural 'common sense' with the sacred tree, I imagine.
Nov 24, 2008 9:40 AM

Aug 2008
To impure-impure episode ;] Hmm what's with her personality. More importantly what the hell is with green haired girl in men restroom ^^
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 24, 2008 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
I found this episode extremely good. Laughed a lot, plus the serious Nagi in the middle was pretty interesting. Wonder how they'll explain that later on.

And I liked the credits ending picture once again. They're always good.
Nov 24, 2008 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
asandari said:
Episode 7&8 seem to make up for the lackluster episodes 5&6. Needless to say, it's taken over index on my personal season ranking, coming in at #4.

In either case, excellent episode. The relationship development was appealing to me, and the darker scene with Nagi prompted some interesting questions. In particular, about the mental structure she maintains as a God and some hints into what mechanisms of her being allowed her to be able to posses a wooden structure (or, in fact, brought into one). Though, perhaps that's just my ignorance of Japanese customs speaking. Seeing as there would be some cultural 'common sense' with the sacred tree, I imagine.

Very good argument! I am also interested about the mechanism of when she blacks out and does things then comes back as another personality and upon being pried or asked denies all.

I also wish to know what phenomenon Jin is exposed to exactly after he seen Nagi materialize from the tree.

Nayah said:
Wasabi said:
slayer545 said:
Wasabi said:

Wtf was up with this:

Mid with the *foam?* is the Kannagi mangaka. I'm still trying to find out who that green haired character is supposed to be..

I get it the foam indeed is that guy of the mangaka since the toilet is male but the green haired is sort of like a Seira from that anime Chaos Head or a spirit residing within the toilet.

At the very least it's to joke about another Goddess or supernatural presence in the bathroom such as the girl who kills herself.
Nov 24, 2008 10:25 AM

Feb 2008
Oh lol Daitetsu is great.
Nagi's mysterious appearance at the shrine was nice.
Nov 24, 2008 10:30 AM
Nov 2007
slayer545 said:
asandari said:

Very good argument! I am also interested about the mechanism of when she blacks out and does things then comes back as another personality and upon being pried or asked denies all.

I also wish to know what phenomenon Jin is exposed to exactly after he seen Nagi materialize from the tree.

Nayah said:
Wasabi said:
slayer545 said:
Wasabi said:

Wtf was up with this:

I get it the foam indeed is that guy of the mangaka since the toilet is male but the green haired is sort of like a Seira from that anime Chaos Head or a spirit residing within the toilet.

At the very least it's to joke about another Goddess or supernatural presence in the bathroom such as the girl who kills herself.

Actually that was the mangaka one shot story about a man-made fairy, you can read it in Kannagi Vol-2.
Nov 24, 2008 10:50 AM

Nov 2007
Another great episode. This might be the best comedy since SZS.
Nov 24, 2008 10:54 AM

Nov 2008

Actually that was the mangaka one shot story about a man-made fairy, you can read it in Kannagi Vol-2.

Cool I will recheck this.
Nov 24, 2008 11:06 AM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-I know Ive said this at least once before but could they have found a more unnatural and awkward looking dance animation for Nagi in the opening song? Granted the animators made up for it by having Nagi nail the ending of the song with a very nice pose but still.

-Title of the Episode: "Going astray in Wuthering Heights?" What the heck? I swear if Heathcliff or any character or place named Heathcliff appears in this episode I will fall out of my chair.

-Nagi please dont go anywhere near the closet for at least the next 3 episodes...

-Oh thats right everyone thinks that Jin and Nagi are related...well ok then that scene does make alot more sense.

-Nagi fan service!

-Ok seriously, there is absolutely no reason for them to make the forbidden love imaginary scenario go on for that love, the joke stopped being funny a long time ago and now its just getting annoying.

-Nagi has the power to end awkward scenes between the male characters of this show...thats actually very useful.

-OH Good God, they are turning this episode into a series of misunderstandings by Daitetsu, a character who really serves no purpose except perhaps for making failed attempts at comic relief.

-Ok now that is sorta funny how they overestimate Daitetsu...

-Scrolling Message: "An uppercut is very dangerous please do not try this at home." I do not know what is funnier, the message itself or the fact that they never commented on the other acts of violence in previous episodes, not to mention Nagi's kick earlier in this episode. Ah well at least they are trying to be funny.

-It could just be me but it seems like Nagi is pissed...

-Wow I think they actually advanced the plot a little bit.

-Its a new sport: Synchronized Head Turning while in a human pyramid...well points for being unique.

-What is it with half the minor characters in this series having a wildly inappropriate imagination? I think the writers just like misunderstandings way too much.

Post Episode Comments:

Well its a very slight improvement over episode 7 since they actually advanced the plot somewhat. Maybe its just me but when you have the same characters having misunderstandings that often it just gets annoying. Yeah its sorta funny the first time but it gets old quick. Also anyone else notice that Zange never made an appearance? Probably had something to do with the last episode *shiver*. Anyway I really really hope they can make this series interesting again.

Nov 24, 2008 11:30 AM

Sep 2008
Nayah said:

It's Puniata, the man-made fairy with a calming lavender scent from the V2 Omake.

Nov 24, 2008 11:41 AM

Dec 2007
This episode was so insanely funny. Daitetsu's expressions are awesome.
Nov 24, 2008 12:01 PM

Nov 2008
AccipiterF1 said:
Nayah said:

It's Puniata, the man-made fairy with a calming lavender scent from the V2 Omake.

I can't find that reference.
Nov 24, 2008 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Daitetsu is the man, I like the way he thinks.

Nagi's completely unexpected kick got me pretty good.
Nov 24, 2008 12:47 PM

Jul 2007
These faces never fail to entertain me.

Nov 24, 2008 1:00 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode! Daisetsu was so funny imagining things like that ^^ Great amount of Nagi fanservice too, i'm really happy now :)
Nov 24, 2008 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
This was an overall not a great episode, but it was consistently entertaining, so top marks from me

Nov 24, 2008 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
Good stuffs!

All the misunderstanding and such are lul.
Nov 24, 2008 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
i loved it as usual. it was definitely hilarious ^^ though all those ecchi stuff were a bit too much for Nagi.
(i'd prefer seeing zange-chan in those poses :P)
Nov 24, 2008 3:08 PM

Sep 2007
Best part of the whole episode was that guy going, "How long are you gonna be shitting?!"
Nov 24, 2008 4:12 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was hilarious XD I give it a 5/5

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.