MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Does shonen jump take a break for christmas/new years?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Does shonen jump take a break for christmas/new years?

12-25-12, 4:38 PM

As the title says.

I'm not sure what japan is like with christmas, is it a countrywide holiday there? and do shops close and stuff? and most importantly, is shonen jump going to be out tomorrow? although even if shonen jump is actually out then i guess it depends on the translators as well, im sure they want to spend time with their families etc. but if shonen jump is out but gets translated later thats great, 2 chapters closer together ^_^

Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

12-26-12, 6:08 PM

I'm pretty sure they go on hiatus for a week as even the Shonen Jump Animes take a break (Naruto and Fairy Tail) from what I've heard anyway.

12-26-12, 6:12 PM

There's a chance they'll be release this weekend happens most of the times

WSJump, WSSunday, and WSMagazine, Japan's 3 most popular weekly shonen magazines, all 3 of them take a 2-week break on Christmas. (though these 2 weeks aren't after each other, an issue gets released in-between)

But, since scanlators get early RAWs for Jump (+ the Table of Contents gets leaked), new chapters will probably be released this weekend. Though the chapters after them might take a while.
Modified by Candor, 12-26-12, 6:18 PM
<-- Derailer

Mangapanda tweeted 13 hours ago saying:
"Big 3 (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) will be tomorrow. Spread the word!".

12-27-12, 2:31 AM

Raikozen said:
Mangapanda tweeted 13 hours ago saying:
"Big 3 (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) will be tomorrow. Spread the word!".

yeah i just read them, getting good :D

So does that mean next week there won't be chapters but week after there will? it confuses me, all the dates are different and its annoying xD

12-27-12, 2:55 AM

Next chapters will probably come out around the middle of January, for Jump only.
<-- Derailer

12-27-12, 3:45 AM

Candor said:
Next chapters will probably come out around the middle of January, for Jump only.

ah ok, damn, that one piece chapter. now i ahve to wait weeks. brb gonna go cry :P

12-27-12, 7:26 PM

jimbob1141 said:
Candor said:

ah ok, damn, that one piece chapter. now i ahve to wait weeks. brb gonna go cry :P

Btw sir, I really love your signature... all hail MoD

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices