Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2012 1:34 PM
Dec 2012
I'm currently working on a story influenced by a plethora of manga and anime. I'm looking for advice from others so I can improve my story. Please let me know your opinions so I can change things.

Title - None yet I haven't been able to come up with one.

Genre - Action,Drama,Chanbara (sword fighting).

Theme - Honor, Romance, Revenge

Setting - In a country (No name yet) that is ravaged by an internal war. Brother against brother.

Time period - It would be similar to the Bakumastu war of Rurouni Kenshin.

Rating - Mature for blood and gore, violence, and drug reference.

Chapters 1 - 5

darkenshinDec 25, 2012 1:59 PM
Mar 7, 2013 12:25 AM
Sep 2012
what about if the title is little related from the vengeance........what about brother x brother..i don't know if some manga or anime taken..but..i'm just like you!i've been making stories since i'm little now...i've made 7 stories and it was terrific!you can ask me if you want..
Mar 7, 2013 1:53 PM
Nov 2011
It reminds me of Basilisk for some reason. It sounds like a good story. Hopefully you will tells us more. Like characters, or more description of the settings.. One thing I would say negative is that you say camera and panel. It just sounds weird..
Mar 15, 2013 7:50 AM
Sep 2012
well..i suggest it's a god war....actually it may be based on the roman gods!like,son of the son of zeus who is the rival of the son of the son of hades...but the drug maybe not suitable for it!Then how about the younger brother accidentally killed their mother so the older planned vengeace?What about a group of bad people but actually it doesn't suit for the sword fighting...THEN!what about they are warriors?at their past they are separated from different forces..when they grow up they didn't know they are brothers!it will be a love triangle!
Mar 15, 2013 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Why is set in the Bakumastu yet you call it the feudal period? :/ And what are 5 warlords having a grand war in Bakumatsu, Japan was modernizing at this time and the Shogunate was dying. You need to set a clear period for your story.
The Art of Eight
Mar 16, 2013 6:48 PM
Sep 2011
I'm assuming that by "theme" you mean subject. You can't just say something like "revenge" and call it a theme. The story may include characters that are driven by revenge. However, the theme will be what you have to say about revenge, such as: revenge fuels hatred, or revenge is difficult to attain. Also, I didn't see an opening to any of your listed themes throughout the chapter. I think you should start off the story with the two brothers so you can introduce the main conflict (and relate the conflict to the themes). Ask yourself how Revenge, Honor, and Romance relate to the main characters.

More topics from this board

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

12 by Luchipher-Zen »»
3 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

358 by nin-tendo »»
7 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

1 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:34 AM

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Today

0 by Cammell »»
Today, 5:34 AM

» Help me modify this layout

Luffie00 - Yesterday

0 by Luffie00 »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.