Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Dec 17 - 23

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 25, 2012 6:16 AM
Feb 2012
jmal said:
GuiltyKing said:
Huh? It's *that* popular? Who would've guessed?

It's severely understocked, so odds are it will go a good bit higher than this. It's been crushing everything else on Amazon Japan for about two months now.

And it's my #3 show of the season, so I'm happy. There's a lot more to it than one would think just from the title and a promo image or two. It takes its material very seriously and that's resonated with a lot of people.

So there is more to it after all? I've only watched the first episode and Commie's random usage of German words didn't really support my enjoyment of the show. If in fact there's a good plot, I might have to give it another try.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 25, 2012 7:43 AM
Sep 2012
DOKO E MUKAU♫~ YUBI BOUENKYOU♫~
Dec 25, 2012 7:51 AM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:
jmal said:
GuiltyKing said:
Huh? It's *that* popular? Who would've guessed?

It's severely understocked, so odds are it will go a good bit higher than this. It's been crushing everything else on Amazon Japan for about two months now.

And it's my #3 show of the season, so I'm happy. There's a lot more to it than one would think just from the title and a promo image or two. It takes its material very seriously and that's resonated with a lot of people.

So there is more to it after all? I've only watched the first episode and Commie's random usage of German words didn't really support my enjoyment of the show. If in fact there's a good plot, I might have to give it another try.

No subs is best in my opinion but I'm weird it seems.

The opening battle sequence on Blu ray is just gorgeous, the panning going from tank movement to turret rotation and back is masterful. The tanks are so well done. 2.1 audio, military songs. I find there is a ton to enjoy.
Dec 25, 2012 8:01 AM

Nov 2008
As I predicted Girls und Panzer sold in the 10-15k range.

Dec 25, 2012 8:13 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
As I predicted Girls und Panzer sold in the 10-15k range.

And should sell far more one it gets its shortage problems fixed by the 2nd volume.

Dec 25, 2012 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
Omg YES!

I am SO glad Chuunibyou exceeded estimates. 14k? Awesome.

I hope it stays consistent like Hyouka.

Also great to see TLRD getting great #'s as well. This should make a sequel highly likely!
Dec 25, 2012 8:17 AM
Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:

So there is more to it after all?

I wouldn't blame you if you said that considering the fact that the excitement happened episodes later. In case of anime originals, a hit is unpredictable. Even with a powerful cast and staff / studio/ producer backing it up.
Dec 25, 2012 8:55 AM

Oct 2007
I think I was more interested in the fact that 3 shows by the same company across 3 different decades all managed to sell in the 10,000-20,000 category than anything else. I don't know how Sunrise does it sometimes, but they often seem to have about half of these sales top 10 charts dedicated to their stuff even when it's re-releases. Talk about some enduring properties. Cowboy Bebop in particular is pretty surprising considering it's what 15 years old now.

Sounds like the producers of Girls Und Panzer didn't expect it to be quite so popular. Frankly I didn't either, but then on some level I'm also kind of not surprised. As for all the shows I actually find interesting this season, none charted but then again what else is new. Such is the way the market is for these things, it really doesn't favor anything that doesn't have bishoujo/bishounen characters as a prominent feature.

Also not surprised to hear that that Magi song that literally everybody I've talked to in the English speaking community hates and finds totally unfitting for the show would be a killer in Japan. It's almost impossible to describe how big the gap between mainstream American anime fan and Japanese otaku appears to be these days. They're literally almost polar opposites in terms of what they want out of anime and anime related entertainment. Far cry from the 80's and 90's that's for sure. Honestly if the idea of anime had never gotten popular over here in the mid 90's I'd go so far as to suggest it would have been too late now and it never would be able to catch on with what's being put out.....not that it really exists as a market over here anymore now anyway. *shrug*
PeacingOutDec 25, 2012 9:08 AM
Dec 25, 2012 9:32 AM
Oct 2012
GuiltyKing said:

There are other subbers than commie who are doing this, commie just is the fastest (though they do skip on quality). As for plot, its a fairly generic plot truth be told, but it does it so damn well and the tank battles are extremely well done. If you are one of those people who think that animation has to be serious, then no, it isn't for you, however for just sheer refreshing enjoyment this was the one show that I looked forward to the most on a weekly basis.
Dec 25, 2012 10:13 AM

Sep 2009
I'm really happy that Chuu2Byo sold much better than Hyouka. There's some justice in this world. Hope, it won't drop much.
Nachtwandler_21Dec 25, 2012 10:36 AM
Dec 25, 2012 11:03 AM

Sep 2009
> Geh, please never use Commie. They're not serious about anime, and thus should not be taken seriously. Crunchyroll's subs are perfectly fine, otherwise Hiryuu.

Cruncyroll cut some of the best scenes from their release because of license. For example the one there russian team is singing famous russian song "Katyusha"
Dec 25, 2012 11:15 AM

Sep 2009
I heard there were some more. Didn't see the series yet(plan to watch it after 12th ep comes out), so I could be mistaken.
Dec 25, 2012 11:22 AM
Feb 2012
Russian song and America, those two don't get along too well. ^^;

Well, thanks for the answer then, you guys. In that case I shall check out Hiryuu's version tomorrow.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 25, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
Still haven't seen the song, patiently waiting for my BD... Always look on the bright side of life...
Dec 25, 2012 12:39 PM

Jan 2012
I'm glad that Kuroko no Basket is doing good as usual.

I'm disapointed that Psycho Pass isn't doing so well though. It's by GEN UROBUCHI! This is the same guy who created PMMM and Fate Zero. I expected the Dvds to sell more.

Oh well, I'll wait to see how much the BD sells
Dec 25, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2011
Good to see Chuunibyou selling 45% more than stalker predicted.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 25, 2012 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, the Bebop Box did very well, good to see. GirlPan and Chuunibyou are selling way more than solid too, and they definitely deserve it.

The high thresholds for blu-ray especially make me still hope for good numbers from Psycho-Pass. I'll be waiting for the full list.

Overall I'm still sad that Btooom and Shinsekai didn't do well this season, but Btooom wasn't that good and Shinsekai has the novel so I guess so far I'm mostly happy about the sales results this season :)

Regarding Gintama Enchousen, how many episodes are on Vol. 1 and will they only release Enchousen Volumes when they have aired new episodes?
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 25, 2012 4:08 PM

Oct 2009
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Regarding Gintama Enchousen, how many episodes are on Vol. 1 and will they only release Enchousen Volumes when they have aired new episodes?
Four episodes and yes,they will release volumes of new episodes.Vol.2 and 3 have three episodes each.That means we'll get six new episodes in 2013.
Dec 25, 2012 6:38 PM

Nov 2012
All sales look great though I'm more happy that Horizon Over the Middle II is on the list vs. Chuu-2 as I personally enjoyed the series.

Girls and Panzers satisfies my expectations. Blu-Ray Cowboy Bebop? Now that is something I would totally buy!!!!

Sadly my personal favorites of the fall season are not on the list yet :/
Dec 25, 2012 7:50 PM

Oct 2008
japanese are retarded, horizon has more sales than bebop
Dec 25, 2012 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
BigSimo said:

Cowboy Bebop is more for a Western audience.

Dec 25, 2012 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
BigSimo said:

Dec 25, 2012 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Just some quick comments:

I kept watch of the 2ch Sales Thread closely before the Oricon sales data went out yesterday. The final estimates of GirlPan by fans there were generally quite close: Most looked at a number between 12k to 14k. And it also matches with the estimation that GirlPan is a title that leans heavily towards Amazon sales channel (which would warrant a discount factor of around 0.75 and 0.75 x 18206 = 13654 which is close to the actual figure 13550). There were a few who predicted 10k but they all factored too much of the serious lack of stock into their prediction.

On the other hand, it was the sales of Chunibyo that came as the biggest surprise for the Sales Thread as most of the predictions just before the data came out had GirlPan beating Chunibyo by 1k or so (so most estimates varied from 11k to 13k) but it turned out it was Chunibyo beating GirlPan by just a little below 1k. It is clear that most people (including myself) underestimated the extent of the undershooting of the Amazon Stalker points. Chunibyo turned out to have a heavily storefront sales model and the sales figure is at the high end of the range of estimation by fans in 2ch (10k-15k). While there has never been any doubt that Chunibyo will sell more than Hyouka and it will go above 10k, the >14k number is very good. Now the question is whether the number can sustain for the later, more serious, part of the series.

It is also good to see ToLoveRu Darkness to go over 10k in its first week. 2ch predictions were divided whether that would indeed happen but most seemed to bet on a figure of around 9k. It remains to be seen if the number will increase further in the coming weeks but it is certain now his series is even more popular than the first 2 seasons, something that is rare for TV anime series.

And the other estimates by 2ch turned out to be on the spot: 16k for Horizon, 8k(BD)+9k(DVD) for KuroBas.

Currently 2ch is filled with schadenfreude mocking at GirlPan failing to beat Chunibyo though I have a feeling that they mainly came from people who are just spectators who wanted to make noises and not real GirlPan haters or Chunibyo fans. The main question is how many the additional prints of GirlPan BD there are and how soon it will be shipped and counted towards Oricon sales figure. Amazon JP now says that the orders will only be sent in Feb instead of Jan, and for a few days in the past week it was not even possible to order Vol.1 in Amazon. We do know the first 10 episodes will be screened again before the last 2 episodes are broadcast, so we may even see one more boost in March for the BD. All these mean that while Chunibyo is this season's No.1 when we enter 2013, chances are still GirlPan will be the topseller for the Fall season when all dusts settle.

So far this season is not going too bad. We may not have super big sellers like SAO (reaching 40k) or Horizon (reaching 20k) like the Summer season, we still have 4 titles that go above the "big hit" 10k line and titles like Little Busters or Magi might just go above that line too. That said, it is a bit regrettable to see so many titles not having any sales figures (which is the common definition for "doing terrible"): Btooom, Shinsekai Yori and probably Code:Breaker, Hayate, and Initial D 5th stage too (I am hopeful about Jormungand 2nd season), and next week's Sukitte ii nayo and Zetsuen no Tempest may also suffer the same fate, as is Robotics;Notes, Hiiro no Kekara 2 and Medaka Box 2 in next month.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 25, 2012 9:44 PM

Sep 2012
BigSimo said:
Anybody who said something like this only shows more about himself than the target he spoke about LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 26, 2012 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
dtshyk said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for December 17th - 23rd.

Blu-ray
*1, 15,684 15,684 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.4 Limited Edition
*3, 13,550 13,550 Girls und Panzer vol.1
*4, 12,573 12,573 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.1
*5, 10,348 10,348 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Remaster Blu-ray Box vol.4
*7, *8,286 *8,286 To LOVE-Ru Darkness vol.1 Limited Edition

Single CD
34, **1,843 *41,597 Sword Art Online "Innocence"
38, **1,727 *27,731 Sword Art Online "Overfly"

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

glad to see my fav anime doing well.
now waiting next week to see SAO Vol3.
Dec 26, 2012 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
frigging idiot ruining thread, Bebop numbers are amazing n actually prove not only otaku anime that selling.. God..

No.

the original release sold over 20k, n the movie 60k

its a legend on there too, the "bebop not that popular in nippon" are only myth.

fertygoDec 26, 2012 1:39 AM
Dec 26, 2012 5:42 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
Just some quick comments:

I kept watch of the 2ch Sales Thread closely before the Oricon sales data went out yesterday. The final estimates of GirlPan by fans there were generally quite close: Most looked at a number between 12k to 14k. And it also matches with the estimation that GirlPan is a title that leans heavily towards Amazon sales channel (which would warrant a discount factor of around 0.75 and 0.75 x 18206 = 13654 which is close to the actual figure 13550). There were a few who predicted 10k but they all factored too much of the serious lack of stock into their prediction.

On the other hand, it was the sales of Chunibyo that came as the biggest surprise for the Sales Thread as most of the predictions just before the data came out had GirlPan beating Chunibyo by 1k or so (so most estimates varied from 11k to 13k) but it turned out it was Chunibyo beating GirlPan by just a little below 1k. It is clear that most people (including myself) underestimated the extent of the undershooting of the Amazon Stalker points. Chunibyo turned out to have a heavily storefront sales model and the sales figure is at the high end of the range of estimation by fans in 2ch (10k-15k). While there has never been any doubt that Chunibyo will sell more than Hyouka and it will go above 10k, the >14k number is very good. Now the question is whether the number can sustain for the later, more serious, part of the series.

It is also good to see ToLoveRu Darkness to go over 10k in its first week. 2ch predictions were divided whether that would indeed happen but most seemed to bet on a figure of around 9k. It remains to be seen if the number will increase further in the coming weeks but it is certain now his series is even more popular than the first 2 seasons, something that is rare for TV anime series.

And the other estimates by 2ch turned out to be on the spot: 16k for Horizon, 8k(BD)+9k(DVD) for KuroBas.

Currently 2ch is filled with schadenfreude mocking at GirlPan failing to beat Chunibyo though I have a feeling that they mainly came from people who are just spectators who wanted to make noises and not real GirlPan haters or Chunibyo fans. The main question is how many the additional prints of GirlPan BD there are and how soon it will be shipped and counted towards Oricon sales figure. Amazon JP now says that the orders will only be sent in Feb instead of Jan, and for a few days in the past week it was not even possible to order Vol.1 in Amazon. We do know the first 10 episodes will be screened again before the last 2 episodes are broadcast, so we may even see one more boost in March for the BD. All these mean that while Chunibyo is this season's No.1 when we enter 2013, chances are still GirlPan will be the topseller for the Fall season when all dusts settle.

So far this season is not going too bad. We may not have super big sellers like SAO (reaching 40k) or Horizon (reaching 20k) like the Summer season, we still have 4 titles that go above the "big hit" 10k line and titles like Little Busters or Magi might just go above that line too. That said, it is a bit regrettable to see so many titles not having any sales figures (which is the common definition for "doing terrible"): Btooom, Shinsekai Yori and probably Code:Breaker, Hayate, and Initial D 5th stage too (I am hopeful about Jormungand 2nd season), and next week's Sukitte ii nayo and Zetsuen no Tempest may also suffer the same fate, as is Robotics;Notes, Hiiro no Kekara 2 and Medaka Box 2 in next month.

That's .... a great explanation, Thanks! I hope you're right about Magi because I'm a big fan of manga, but I hope series like Btoom, Zetsuen, Sukitte or Robotics;Notes which I really like will get good sales. Anyway I'm looking forward to see next week sales and of course reading your comment about it ;)
Dec 26, 2012 6:27 AM

Sep 2008
Smh.. Either here or mania forum refuse to talk that JoJo are about to became big seller too ;_;
Dec 26, 2012 6:59 AM
Sep 2012
Wow. Look at Jojo's preorder numbers!!! It's so high its going to beat SAO!!! It'll definitely become a big seller!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2012 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Wow. Look at Jojo's preorder numbers!!! It's so high its going to beat SAO!!! It'll definitely become a big seller!!!!!!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure vol 1 #21 on amazon now, not high really.
Dec 26, 2012 7:14 AM

Sep 2008
bippo said:
YEAH AMEN BRO!!!

jeez.. I know its not that much. but still.. Its weird to see Magi or LB talked over it to reach 10k despite JoJo performing better.

Btw neither both and jojo gonna reach 10k IMO
hpulley said:
bippo said:

its a obvious jab to me.
fertygoDec 26, 2012 7:26 AM
Dec 26, 2012 7:30 AM
Sep 2012
Nobody's talking about it now because it is still so far away from its release (and the story is just on Part 2). Many things can happen until January 30. It is still amazing how its gotten high in this time though.
Dec 26, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2008
bippo said:
Nobody's talking about it now because it is still so far away from its release (and the story is just on Part 2). Many things can happen until January 30. It is still amazing how its gotten high in this time though.
The anime just cover to part 2 bro, its gonna be like Kuroko thing if there's another season.
Dec 26, 2012 7:35 AM
Sep 2012
Yeah. Even the girls will love it. They've got to continue beyond part 2. Maybe next autumn or something.
Dec 26, 2012 7:58 AM

Sep 2012
fertygo said:
bippo said:
YEAH AMEN BRO!!!

jeez.. I know its not that much. but still.. Its weird to see Magi or LB talked over it to reach 10k despite JoJo performing better.

Btw neither both and jojo gonna reach 10k IMO
hpulley said:
bippo said:

its a obvious jab to me.

Hey, no jabs intended, just stating the facts! I have read and enjoyed the manga for what feels like forever. Steel Ball Run was my favorite part, #7. Hope they can animate the whole thing. Wish they had licensed it for streaming here.
Dec 26, 2012 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
fertygo said:
Smh.. Either here or mania forum refuse to talk that JoJo are about to became big seller too ;_;

I think its because most people who follow anime sales generally don't watch shows like that. Its just... there and kinda tough to get excited about shows you don't care about. Its the only one of the shows in the top 6-7 projected I'm not watching.
RyanSaotomeDec 26, 2012 9:10 AM

Dec 26, 2012 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
*2, 14,291 14,291 Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray Box
That's my shit right here
Dec 26, 2012 10:00 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:

Currently 2ch is filled with schadenfreude mocking at GirlPan failing to beat Chunibyo though I have a feeling that they mainly came from people who are just spectators who wanted to make noises and not real GirlPan haters or Chunibyo fans.

Some people care way too much about sales as a means to justify their hobby and love of their favorite shows obviously. I don't know though this sure as hell sounds like pretty plausible Chuunibyou fan behavior on the internet from what I've encountered, totally oblivious to the point of mistaken arrogance. Just because there's people like you who can articulate and demonstrate human decency doesn't mean that that's the standard for such a fanbase after all.

Anyway if they care enough to mock other fans though (especially when there's a lot of crossover) they should care enough to notice that there's a couple shows that did even better, but they don't for obvious reasons. Why not pull their heads out of the sand for once and make note of these things sheesh?

RyanSaotome said:
fertygo said:

I think its because most people who follow anime sales generally don't watch shows like that. Its just... there and kinda tough to get excited about shows you don't care about. Its the only one of the shows in the top 6-7 projected I'm not watching.

Basically this. From what I've noticed the people that care most about sales tend to be in the Light Novel/Visual Novel adaptation crowd or fans of moe in general, possibly cause those are the kinds of shows you usually tend to see towards the top these days. If not and it's something like say Gundam UC, Yamato, Kuroke no Basket or Jojo then people just tend to ignore it like it's not even there and move down the list to wherever they can find the big moe show of the season they love and go, "oh so and so did well, it deserves it" etc. I've been browsing forums long enough to know how this all works hehe.
PeacingOutDec 26, 2012 10:08 AM
Dec 26, 2012 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
Cowboy Bebop! Looking good.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 26, 2012 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Anyway if they care enough to mock other fans though (especially when there's a lot of crossover) they should care enough to notice that there's a couple shows that did even better, but they don't for obvious reasons. Why not pull their heads out of the sand for once and make note of these things sheesh?

Thats because those shows are totally irrelevant to the discussion. A cheap HD Remaster of an old anime and a previous season anime have no bearing on a topic thats discussing Fall 2012 sales numbers.

Dec 26, 2012 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
BigSimo said:
Anybody who said something like this only shows more about himself than the target he spoke about LOL

It's funny he said Japanese are retarded when he spent so many times watching anime created by... Japanese.

Anyway, does anyone know the estimates for OniAi next week?
Dec 26, 2012 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
SetsukoHara said:

BDs are about 1900+ and DVDs are about 570+
Dec 26, 2012 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
RyanSaotome said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Thats because those shows are totally irrelevant to the discussion. A cheap HD Remaster of an old anime and a previous season anime have no bearing on a topic thats discussing Fall 2012 sales numbers.

Who ever said the topical discussion ought to be limited to the current season. Sorry but this is silly reasoning to me.

jmal said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Some people care way too much about sales as a means to justify their hobby and love of their favorite shows obviously. I don't know though this sure as hell sounds like pretty plausible Chuunibyou fan behavior on the internet from what I've encountered, totally oblivious to the point of mistaken arrogance.

> implying this doesn't happen with every title with decent sales expectations

Please don't cherry-pick examples to push a "KyoAni fans are especially bad" argument again, especially because antis (whether actual GirlPan fans or just trolls who don't care about either, almost doesn't matter which) had been mocking Chuunibyou constantly for months before this. If you follow the 2ch sales thread, this crap happens alllllllll the time, with allllllll sorts of shows. Antis like to stir up drama by pitting all sorts of shows against one another, and exaggerating every twist and turn in the rankings (someone will inevitably post an ンゴ comment any time a title drops). Some of it is lighthearted joking, but a lot of it isn't. It's always especially concentrated around the titles vying for the top, especially if they're coming out soon, no matter which titles they are.

Sounds like some people love to live really vicariously through these things as I suspected. You know people are starting to take these things too seriously when it gets to that level. Strangely though I've never really heard this sort of talk around Gundam UC or various other sci-fi stuff that often moves a lot of units. I just can't help but feel that certain interest groups are always try to turn it around such that they are the victims of the trolling and like they never do anything to attract unpleasant discussions through their own behavior.

I've repeatedly mentioned Jojo when talking about potential top sellers of the season, but it doesn't come out until January so yeah obviously it's not going to be discussed as much as shows coming out witb data right now. That aside, of course I'm going to be personally more invested in numbers for shows I like, that's perfectly normal. But I'm still interested in Jojo's sales just as I am in the sales of any show, especially those looking to sell well, from an academic perspective if nothing else.

That is a good point actually.
Dec 26, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
mistress_kisara said:
SetsukoHara said:

And they added nipples too. How would it have done without added nipples? Ecchi just doesn't seem to sell.
Dec 26, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
hpulley said:
mistress_kisara said:
SetsukoHara said:

And they added nipples too. How would it have done without added nipples? Ecchi just doesn't seem to sell.

Don't say that in the week that TLRD moved 10k+ units.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 26, 2012 4:30 PM

Nov 2011
hpulley said:
mistress_kisara said:
SetsukoHara said:

*cough* strike witches *cough*(both seasons sold over 12k, and the move sold over ~37k if I remember correctly).
The -monogatari series is also one of the best selling anime series.

I think OniAi has more things that turn people away from buying it.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 26, 2012 4:32 PM

Apr 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Who ever said the topical discussion ought to be limited to the current season. Sorry but this is silly reasoning to me.

Well for one its off topic, so mods would clean up those posts if people started to go on and on about an old box set in a Fall 2012 sales topic... but also, it really doesn't matter at all since Cowboy Bebop has always been popular, and people don't really look at BD boxset re-releases as very important. We know they will sell if its a popular series, so who cares. And there was enough Horizon stuff being said in the Summer topics, that filling up Fall topics with it would be silly.

Dec 26, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2012
I should have said, ecchi or nipples alone don't sell. Popular series that have good stories can sell with ecchi or nipples perhaps adding a bit of appeal.
Dec 26, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2011
hpulley said:
I should have said, ecchi or nipples alone don't sell. Popular series that have good stories can sell with ecchi or nipples perhaps adding a bit of appeal.

I can't disagree with that, its probably the reasons OniAi didn't sell that much. Its not like it does anything special compared to other ecchi shows/harems.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 27, 2012 2:48 AM
Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Basically this. From what I've noticed the people that care most about sales tend to be in the Light Novel/Visual Novel adaptation crowd or fans of moe in general, possibly cause those are the kinds of shows you usually tend to see towards the top these days.

If you're talking about the Japanese fans, most people that are speaking loud are just trolls. Not necessarily moe/kyoani fans in general. They just like to stir things to up to make it look like its a big deal. I tell you to go to some 2ch threads of series' with big fandoms like Gundam, Kuroko, ToLOVERu, Haruhi, xxxMonogatari, Madoka, Eva, Idolmaster, Saki and you can see the discussions are fine and civilized. But yeah sometimes creepy. Creepiest one is those people at K-on btw.

I won't go into the International fanbase because we're all lumped into one anyways until all of us buy Blurays or figma or something.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

5 by TurnipFan »»
7 minutes ago

» English Dub Cast for 'New Game!' Announced

Sakana-san - Jul 14, 2017

27 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita!' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Dec 15, 2023

16 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» '30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii' Gets Compilation Movie in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 27

7 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

19 by Ant161718 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.