Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Dec 17 - 23

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 31, 2012 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
I actually quite enjoyed Nakaimo. Not enough to buy the BDs or even the novels though I am tempted by the novels and the OVA. I thought the "have to get married within a year to inherit the company but watch out, you can't marry your sister" was really funny and well done and I enjoyed the seiyuu performances and character interactions.
For me, character design is a significant factor when it comes to harem shows, so OniAi got a head start even before the anime started to air when I find myself more attracted to the character design of OniAi than NakaImo. And story-wise, to me NakaImo only got really enjoyable after the midpoint of the series (the DNA extraction scene being the best). Personally the guessing game of who is the real sister is a bit boring to me. And besides the two main female characters, the other 3 somehow lack appeal (nor coverage) to me.

hpulley said:
. Perhaps I didn't watch it long enough, only 3 episodes but OniAi didn't have enough to keep me watching and it had plenty to make me feel embarassed watching it.
I think 3 episodes should be good enough to tell if you are really going to love the show, just like it or not going to like it. I believe a lot depends on if one finds the character Akiko adorable, funny and interesting. I think her character got almost everything right for me, and the fact that she is voiced by a seiyuu only 15 year old just adds to my amazement. (but she is still trumped by the seiyuu who voiced Arisa who is 14 years old!)

hpulley said:
.Just personal preference mind you! I also loved Dakara Boku Wa, H ga Dekinai and it seems I am in the minority with that Ecchi harem show.
Guess we may have some different tastes: I started with high expectation of BokuH but it ended up as my least favorite harem show of the season.... Of course it is all personal preference. And it is all very well -- it is good that different titles can attract different groups of buyers. And it all goes to show even for a much derided genre like harem it is not true that each show is the same as the others. For a fan of the genre they usually can tell the difference and know which one they like better.
symbvDec 31, 2012 10:52 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 31, 2012 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
hpulley said:
I actually quite enjoyed Nakaimo. Not enough to buy the BDs or even the novels though I am tempted by the novels and the OVA. I thought the "have to get married within a year to inherit the company but watch out, you can't marry your sister" was really funny and well done and I enjoyed the seiyuu performances and character interactions.
For me, character design is a significant factor when it comes to harem shows, so OniAi got a head start even before the anime started to air when I find myself more attracted to the character design of OniAi than NakaImo. And story-wise, to me NakaImo only got really enjoyable after the midpoint of the series (the DNA extraction scene being the best). Personally the guessing game of who is the real sister is a bit boring to me. And besides the two main female characters, the other 3 somehow lack appeal (nor coverage) to me.

I was attracted to the story of Nakaimo from the very start and I very much enjoyed the character designs of all his harem and his 'agent'. Again, different tastes, nothing wrong with that. Would have liked more covereage of many of the characters but alas, it was only a short series... I should really get the LNs as I suspect stuff was skipped.

symbv said:

hpulley said:
. Perhaps I didn't watch it long enough, only 3 episodes but OniAi didn't have enough to keep me watching and it had plenty to make me feel embarassed watching it.
I think 3 episodes should be good enough to tell if you are really going to love the show, just like it or not going to like it. I believe a lot depends on if one finds the character Akiko adorable, funny and interesting. I think her character got almost everything right for me, and the fact that she is voiced by a seiyuu only 15 year old just adds to my amazement. (but she is still trumped by the seiyuu who voiced Arisa who is 14 years old!)

Oh wow, I didn't know they were so young. Quite the lines for them! Wonder if their mothers knew what they'd be saying???

symbv said:

hpulley said:
.Just personal preference mind you! I also loved Dakara Boku Wa, H ga Dekinai and it seems I am in the minority with that Ecchi harem show.
Guess we may have some different tastes: I started with high expectation of BokuH but it ended up as my least favorite harem show of the season.... Of course it is all personal preference. And it is all very well -- it is good that different titles can attract different groups of buyers. And it all goes to show even for a much derided genre like harem it is not true that each show is the same as the others. For a fan of the genre they usually can tell the difference and know which one they like better.

I really enjoy the story of that one and the characters too. The light novels are super descriptive like many they read almost like a screenplay. Still it was great to see it animated.

There are certainly many different harem styles. There are fight styles like Dakara Boku Wa and Campione! which I like. I suppose Total Eclipse is even somewhat of that style though different again. But I also like the more standard ones like Nakaimo. To call harem one genre is quite limiting.
Dec 31, 2012 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
Actually, Arises seiyuu is 13, and possibly 12 when she was recording the lines (turned 13 in August).

Dec 31, 2012 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
My last BD of the year just arrived. Shinsekai Yori 2! Beautiful booklet with this one and event ticket though if the event requires a survey like the one for Tonari no Kaibutsu kun I may not bother. It has non-multiple choice answers.

Pictures soon...
Dec 31, 2012 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Actually, Arises seiyuu is 13, and possibly 12 when she was recording the lines (turned 13 in August).
Just checked that Morohoshi Sumire's birthday is in April as confirmed by her blog http://ameblo.jp/smiley-suu/archive4-201204.html (and she was born in 1999) so most likely she was already 13 when she voiced that 12-year old character Arisa. To be honest, I quite enjoy all the performances I have seen she did so far, be it OniAi, Nobuna or Aikatsu. A newcomer with a lot of potential for sure.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 31, 2012 11:54 AM

Oct 2007
hpulley said:
symbv said:
hpulley said:

Oh wow, I didn't know they were so young. Quite the lines for them! Wonder if their mothers knew what they'd be saying???
I'd be more concerned about their older brothers if they exist. I heard Akiko's VA has one.
There's one thing sure - she has great voice. Still needs to work on screaming though.
Dec 31, 2012 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
hpulley said:
symbv said:
hpulley said:

I'd be more concerned about their older brothers if they exist. I heard Akiko's VA has one.
There's one thing sure - she has great voice. Still needs to work on screaming though.

Wonder what goes through their heads when they hear their imouto's saying "oniiiiiichannnnnn!!!"
Jan 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2010
Updated sales are out

14,458 01/07 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
13,550 01/06 Girls und Panzer
11,723 01/04 Gintama' Enchousen
10,214 01/06 To LOVE Ru Darkness
10,115 01/09 Little Busters
*8,916 01/06 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
*5,864 03/07 K
*5,659 01/08 Psycho Pass
*2,494 01/07 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
*2,392 01/06 Jormungand Perfect Order
*1,759 01/08 Ixion Saga DT

Bolded the new additions

Jan 5, 2013 8:11 PM

Apr 2010
Was that list only new releases, or did none of the anime that came out last week get a 2nd week?

Jan 5, 2013 9:17 PM

Feb 2012
LB did better than stalker estimates which is good. Not surprised it didn't sell nearly as well as previous Key titles though.
Jan 5, 2013 10:05 PM

Dec 2007
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
Updated sales are out
Bolded the new additions

That list was missing Kami-sama Hajimemashita which sold 3,155 on DVD, probably another 1500 on BD if it ranks.

Formatted preliminary list with everything we have so far is here. Still waiting on the full list for the week. I'm guessing dtshyk will have his thread up soon too.

These didn't rank at all, though the first two should get BD numbers in the full list, probably:
Busou Shinki
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankenai yo ne
Sukitte Ii na yo
Zetsuen no Tempest

Also for the record, no new anime coming out next week, at all.

Wasn't Zetsuen no Tempest suppose to release on 1/23 according to CDJapan?
Jan 5, 2013 10:14 PM

Dec 2007
jmal said:
mistress_kisara said:
Wasn't Zetsuen no Tempest suppose to release on 1/23 according to CDJapan?

Oh you're right, I wonder if it got delayed or if I just had the wrong date recorded.

It did get delayed for a month when I checked the official website..
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 12 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.