Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Bicycle Manga 'Yowamushi Pedal' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2012 1:27 PM

May 2009
Sports Anime = Awesome....usually...:D the synopsis seems promising... haven't seen that other Cycling anime though probably should watch that to see what this kinda sport feels like when you watch it even though the stories here are different :P
Dec 24, 2012 2:58 PM

Nov 2011
Lol @ the theme of the series. Reminds me a little of Overdrive.
Dec 24, 2012 5:01 PM

Aug 2011
"Bicycle" manga? Really?
Dec 24, 2012 6:01 PM

Apr 2010
Sounds good, I'll try it.

Dec 24, 2012 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Merushi said:
Finally, a new anime about the most amazing sport in the world. :)

The already have one about baseball.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 24, 2012 8:45 PM

Oct 2011
This sounds good!
i'de try it out!
Dec 25, 2012 3:00 AM

Nov 2009
I'm looking at it and it kind of makes me think of Hajime no Ippo in a way. If it can be half as good as that, I'm watching it.
Dec 25, 2012 9:01 AM

Jun 2011
NeoAnkara said:
When is they going tomake badminton anime?

Yeah, when!!?? There was one badminton manga, I've forgotten the title but it received well feedback from the readers, it contains romance as well, which is a plus for me, and the romance was well balanced, according to the readers, along with a satisfying ending in that department.. Well hope there will be a badminton anime soon :D
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 25, 2012 3:00 PM

Feb 2010
Natsu12345 said:
NeoAnkara said:
When is they going tomake badminton anime?

Yeah, when!!?? There was one badminton manga, I've forgotten the title but it received well feedback from the readers, it contains romance as well, which is a plus for me, and the romance was well balanced, according to the readers, along with a satisfying ending in that department.. Well hope there will be a badminton anime soon :D

I'd definitely watch that.
But IF a badminton anime would happen, it would probably be along the lines of Saki I guess? A lot of moe and girls AND badminton. Not that I wouldn't watch that as well ^^.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 26, 2012 7:01 PM
Aug 2009
Now I just need an anime about bowling...doesn't even have to be moe bowling but that would be even better.
Dec 27, 2012 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
bicycle manga? we need a dodge ball manga so it can be animated as well lol or does it already exist? =o (googles)
Dec 27, 2012 4:55 PM

Aug 2011
I'm looking forward to trying this.

Mar 2, 2013 7:41 AM

Oct 2010
After having read its manga's first volume, I'd be damned if I don't see this.
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Apr 8, 2013 9:20 AM

Sep 2012
Confirmed to start to air from October.

The most shocking announcement is that they plan to make THREE cours. Now that is quite a gamble...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 9:38 AM

Feb 2010
symbv said:

The most shocking announcement is that they plan to make THREE cours. Now that is quite a gamble...

It's not that unusual for sports series, is it? Ginga e kickoff and Area no Kishi are 2 recent examples that come to mind. Of course I don't know how well those shows did if that's what you meant by gamble.

Looking forward to this in any case, the ongoing sports anime have just begun to run out for me.

e: Really appreciating these updates by the way. Thanks!
AlcoholicideApr 8, 2013 9:48 AM
Apr 8, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
I don't like the character designs.
Apr 8, 2013 10:08 AM
Mar 2011
this will be good
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 8, 2013 10:28 AM

Sep 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
It's not that unusual for sports series, is it? Ginga e kickoff and Area no Kishi are 2 recent examples that come to mind. Of course I don't know how well those shows did if that's what you meant by gamble.
The question is not what genre it is. It is about the time of the broadcast. If it is going to be a midnight broadcast, then it is a gamble as 3-cour anime is really rare. Ginga e Kickoff is broadcast in NHK in the evening. Area no Kishi is broadcast in Asahi in early morning. And of course we have seen shounen manga adaptation in those time slots that go for multiple cours (not just sports). So what I am saying is if this anime is broadcast in those timeslots, then it is on familiar ground, but if it is going to be a midnight anime, then it is breaking some new ground.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 10:37 AM

Feb 2010
symbv said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
The question is not what genre it is. It is about the time of the broadcast. If it is going to be a midnight broadcast, then it is a gamble as 3-cour anime is really rare. Ginga e Kickoff is broadcast in NHK in the evening. Area no Kishi is broadcast in Asahi in early morning. And of course we have seen shounen manga adaptation in those time slots that go for multiple cours (not just sports). So what I am saying is if this anime is broadcast in those timeslots, then it is on familiar ground, but if it is going to be a midnight anime, then it is breaking some new ground.

I see, that really does sound like a gamble, I didn't know it wasn't in one of 'usual' timeslots. It will interesting to see if it plays out well.
Apr 8, 2013 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I see, that really does sound like a gamble, I didn't know it wasn't in one of 'usual' timeslots. It will interesting to see if it plays out well.
The timeslot has not been announced yet. When I wrote my post my thought was on the case when it goes to a midnight timeslot, but I should have clarified in my post that it can also go to other timeslot where multiple cours are more common.

Apr 8, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
Makes me wish Over Drive continued.
Apr 8, 2013 2:11 PM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
The timeslot has not been announced yet. When I wrote my post my thought was on the case when it goes to a midnight timeslot, but I should have clarified in my post that it can also go to other timeslot where multiple cours are more common.

3 cour to me makes it seem confirmed for a daytime slot. I don't think they even sell 3 cour timeslots for late night.

Apr 8, 2013 10:41 PM

May 2012
symbv said:

Wonderful, I was hoping this wouldn't be a 25 episode show. The manga is great, and I fully expect for this to be great too.
Apr 8, 2013 11:45 PM

Mar 2011
If anyone else has read the manga, it is amazing. The only drawback from a realistic sports manga on this one is how fast the protagonist learns is insane...But the mangaka does an amazing job of really pulling the reader into the story and I hope the anime can do the same!

It is the first time I felt that those armies of speed lines actually did something...
Jul 8, 2013 4:04 PM
Dec 2012
AHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!! I'm currently reading the manga and ahhhhh hahah I'm liking it far more than Over Drive, but maybe because this has more of a shounen feel and OD was more Seinen in my opinion. WOOOOOOO
Aug 6, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-06/yowamushi-pedal-tv-anime-slated-for-october
It's coming this Fall.
Yeah, I think it was reported back in April
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=536152&show=20#msg21296975

Aug 6, 2013 10:45 PM

Aug 2009
Baphomet said:
>not Noririn
Not interested.

Agreed Noririn would have been a lot cooler, but this looks like it could be worth a shot. Not a huge fan of sports anime, but I've been surprised before.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 7, 2013 12:24 AM
Dec 2012
I am so excited to see how the anime would turn out to be. Just started on the manga last week! Sadly, there are no other chapters up more than 61 right now. I never really wait for anime to come out (Initial D was an exception though) as I hate waiting for it to come out.. It just drives me nuts. 0_-
Aug 10, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
PV To start in Oct

Aug 10, 2013 8:30 AM
May 2007
Live action stage of this was interesting. I'd totally watch the anime.
Mangaka himself is a cyclist and wears the same yellow skinsuit when he goes cycling.

Aug 19, 2013 10:36 PM

Nov 2011
Stark700 said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-06/yowamushi-pedal-tv-anime-slated-for-october

It's coming this Fall.

Exact date to air announced~
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-19/yowamushi-pedal-anime-to-premiere-on-october-7
Aug 19, 2013 11:04 PM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Stark700 said:

It's coming this Fall.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-19/yowamushi-pedal-anime-to-premiere-on-october-7

Every Monday 25:35 (1:35 a.m) JST on TV Tokyo, replacing Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen timeslot.
Aug 20, 2013 8:20 AM
May 2013
melina_putri said:
Stark700 said:
Stark700 said:

It's coming this Fall.

Every Monday 25:35 (1:35 a.m) JST on TV Tokyo, replacing Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen timeslot.

so it was a late night and a 3-cour?
Sep 9, 2013 4:06 PM

Jan 2011
Awww I was hoping for at least a sample.
[center]
Sep 10, 2013 3:03 PM
Dec 2012
Shadow-Chan said:
Live action stage of this was interesting. I'd totally watch the anime.
Mangaka himself is a cyclist and wears the same yellow skinsuit when he goes cycling.

Well thats interesting. Thanks for the info.

- Wish it was October already!
Sep 26, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
Apparently this series will have 21 episodes...

Sep 26, 2013 10:02 PM

Aug 2013
Ah~Bumped into other underappreciated show for the upcoming Fall whose thread only has 3 pages (T_T). I like the manga a lot. It's good and funny, pretty straightforward, and reeks too many shounen cliches as it doesn't try to be different than your standard shounen sport, but still very fun nonetheless. Among all of upcoming fall shows' , it's the only one that has been on my must watch list ever since the day it was announced. And just like KuroBas 2, i could already foresee the fact that fujoshi will be the main crowd that support this show financially.

sport anime need more love, seriously
Sep 30, 2013 9:36 PM
Dec 2010
Amiluhur said:
And just like KuroBas 2, i could already foresee the fact that fujoshi will be the main crowd that support this show financially.

Can't see this being popular among the fujoshis, the art is more in the vein of Eyeshield 21 rather than the subtle borderline-Shoujo art of KuroBas/PoT. But cycling seems to be very popular among the Japanese otakus, and I have seen this series poll well among the anticipated polls (got 4th in the LOL biglobe poll). So I won't be too worried about this series being a flop.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

69 by Jin_uzuki »»
35 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.