Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2007 2:29 PM

Feb 2007
hmm......

drop in quality was phail.

Time to read the manga.

BTW; no second season please!

I might give it 8 or 9 out of 10. Too bad, it had 10/10 for the first like 19-20 eps.
Oct 1, 2007 9:12 AM

Aug 2007
Legion17 said:
YourMessageHere said:
Without wanting to seem like I'm having a go at you, or going too OT, you speak like there's rules anime must follow.

Its not necessarily anime but there are certain conventions all stories fall into because its a story. I guess there not so much as rules but a tried and true method. What I didn't stress is that I can see their motivation for what they did.

I too see their motivation; it's not hard to see when it's so thoroughly predictable, as things that are "tried and true" tend inevitably to become. This sort of series very occasionally does something out of the ordinary, and the ones that do, stay in your head. Trigun, for example - pretty conventional in narrative terms, but very quirky characters bucked the trend there. Everyone remembers trigun, and primarily for its characters, and I'd claim that was because it bucked the trend in that respect.

Legion17 said:
YourMessageHere said:
Surely breaking free of formula is a good thing by and large?
Sure, if you can pull it off. I guess they couldn't, its not likes its easy.

It's not hard to do, it's hard to do well, just like it's not hard to stick to a formula, but much harder to make your series shine while sticking to that formula. I'd say Claymore, while sticking to the manga, did manage to escape expectation and formula somewhat; once it deviated, it fell back on formula without the artistic vision to make it work, which ultimately was its downfall.

Legion17 said:
YourMessageHere said:
Does masculinity enter the picture at all when all the fighters are women or monsters, and Raki's just Claymore's version of a Princess archetype?
Sure it does, seeing how as Raki is a guy. Just because the Women and Monster-Women/Monster-Men are stronger than him doesn't make him any less a boy. Gender roles apply at all times even if they are different than the ones usually seen. Besides, hes the one who wanted to protect Clare.

Interesting point. However, gender and gender roles are different. Clare, and all the other Claymores, are anything but archetypal women; their gender roles are gone. They behave like very tough, skilled and confident guys do in other series, with not a jot of the passive, caring, supporting female figures often seen in stories like this left in them. Then, consider the presentation of the other men in the story. They are used exactly as women are usually used in series of this type; Easley, the Wicked Witch of the North, and Rubel, who consistently pops up like a fairy godmother. Raki is weaker than everyone else in the story, and knows it, yet struggles with his impulses to protect the person who fights for him - he has a brief, token try at fighting until he realises how outclassed he is, and realises he must fulfil this role using the power of emotion, rather than strength of arms. Pure archetypal Princess. Claymore is all about gender role reversal.

Legion17 said:
YourMessageHere said:
Besides, they could resolve all of the above within just that last episode in a much more satisfying manner by having Priscilla kill Raki, thus giving Clare the final impetus she needs to beat and finally kill Priscilla. A combination of shock, grief and Jeane supporting her could help return Clare back to normal, fulfilling her earlier promise, and Easley could made some snide comment to himself and run off to regain more followers. That would make a much more satisfying ending, resolved Clare 's primary conflict while freeing her up for new ideas, and given her new potential for character dev in future series.
Seeing how they're very unwilling to delve too far from the manga else they would have adapted the story more to television and strayed farther from the beginning, I'm guessing they wanted everyone that is alive in the manga to stay alive in the anime. Priscilla and Isley are still alive, Jeane was already dead and Raki is still alive.

That's logic I can't really argue with, especially not having read it yet. However, I'd say they only deviated when they did because they felt following the manga right to the end of ep.26 would lead to a nonsensical series conclusion. So, they left it as long as they dared, made their own ending while allowing for connection to future manga adaptation, and basically, by compromising, they messed it up. I gather the manga is slow anyway, so leaving it open for continuing close adaptations of the manga seems extremely optimistic. They say one of the main points of adaptations are to put a new spin on an existing idea, otherwise you're
just copying an existing work in a new medium; this seems like they want to both add their own little plot arc and yet follow the manga as closely as possible, which is pretty much an impossiblity. They should have had confidence in their own direction. Bokurano's director did, and so far that's an absolutely excellent series. I expect Mohiro Kitoh's manga is great too, and should it ever be released here I plan to read it, even if it is different from the Bokurano I've grown to really like.
Oct 1, 2007 9:18 AM
Sep 2007
Yea I think i'm just going to stick with the manga.
Oct 1, 2007 9:22 AM

Apr 2007
anime >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> manga
Oct 1, 2007 12:44 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not all that sure that most of the people who have read the manga and seen the anime will agree with ya Itachi-san. I really need to start reading the manga though. >.<

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 5, 2007 2:27 PM

Sep 2007
Cheesy ending. Smelled it long time ago.
It had the potential to end with a high 9 or even a 10/10, but with the last episodes, it falls on a 8/10.
Oct 6, 2007 6:12 PM

Jun 2007
Well anime in general has a trend of having 'bad' most are far too open or abrupt.

I didn't think this was that bad, underwhelming yes, but it has some closure and I enjoyed it. It was a decent point to stop at. So probably a 3/5 for the episode because they could have done better, but it's still a really good series.
Oct 6, 2007 10:14 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Just got around to watching the end. Shitty. Didn't like it at all.
Oct 7, 2007 5:54 AM

Feb 2005
See, the boss agrees as well!
Now all we can do is to wait for the next chapter of the REAL Claymore T__T
Oct 7, 2007 6:06 AM

Jun 2007
Ah.. This was crap... I have no idea why did I bother to watch the last 6-8 episodes..
Claymore started off as a very promising show, but around halfway I had to realize that it is just another worthless, action-oriented, stupid shounen anime without a plot, character development and eh.. even the animation was pretty ridiculous in the last few episodes..
5/10
Oct 8, 2007 5:14 PM
Oct 2007
Anime Ending - Crap

Everything up to episode 20 would be a pretty solid 10/10.
Nov 3, 2007 5:48 AM

Dec 2006
What!? Kayrhandros, your comment surprises me much. But out of the many animes I have seen, there were lots of it that I hated. But not Claymore. No, I give it a 10 not only for the art and animation but for the brilliant plot behind it. It made me want to see more and to know more about Clare who not only has to fight Demons, Awakened Ones and even the secretive organization. She battles herself to stay as human as possible while stretching her limits of her sanity.

Most of you complaining about the ending, may think that Claymore is just another crappy anime but if you put the manga aside for once, you would know that the director managed to end the first season properly. And mind you that the ending was not done in a rush unlike some of you may think. The anime was executed flawlessly with Clare battling it out with Priscilla almost being insane. And Jeane's death was not in vain as it was memorable. If you wanted Raki dead, I think the anime would simply crumble as he is the only one that can give hope to Clare. After Clare has lost her purpose for revenge, she wouldn't have any reason to go on living.

Honestly, I have not read the manga. But I can honestly say that Claymore remains one of the best anime out there. The anime may have ended with no conclusion but Clare, Miria, Deneve, Helen and Raki would surely make their appearances again in a whole new season. Now that Clare has no desire to hunt down Priscilla, It'd interesting to know what would Clare and Raki be doing next. With Clare leaving the organization for good, maybe they can finally take a short break. That is until Galatea finds her.

All in all, I was not once disappointed with Claymore and I am looking forward to her next perilous adventures.
drastikhateNov 3, 2007 6:13 AM

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Nov 4, 2007 2:20 AM

Jul 2007
Was not done in rush?
Are you joking? :DD Since the ep 19 Claymore was known to have some serious pacing problems, rushing some important scenes and stretching unimportant.
NO we don't want our Raki dead. We want anime Raki dead as he, through the last 6 eps was changed from annoying little kid to whinny little idiot who deserves to be killed. This brings up OOC-ness of characters. Oh please, in 26 all of them were like they have hit their heads...Claire suddenly forgetting the revenge, Miria suddenly forgets the claymores in Pieta and goes out to hang out with friends.
Raki? raki's OOC-ness began with him breaking his promise to get stronger before meeting Claire.]

New season? Don't joke me...They already would not be able access the material from manga(having shitted up entire Pieta plot) and I am sure that no one would watch the retardation of last three episodes continue for another 26 episodes...

Let me say this - IF they wanted to make a second season sometime in future, they would not have done filler-ending.
Nov 13, 2007 4:35 AM
Nov 2007
hmm, that´s strange, i read the manga and saw the anime, there are to many things that do not link. Why is that??
Nov 14, 2007 9:30 AM

Jul 2007
Ginko said:
hmm, that´s strange, i read the manga and saw the anime, there are to many things that do not link. Why is that??

Count anime as alternative universe to manga. Anime diverged from manga a bit before Northern Wars
Nov 19, 2007 3:08 AM
Nov 2007
when does the capter 75 come??

by the away i find an image of Raki(i think) and i think he is much older, and strong.
this is the link http://akibakko.net/128601
does this belong to manga??
is that some far away manga from capter 74???
if someone know´s it, plz reply.
Nov 24, 2007 6:51 PM
Nov 2007
I was really obsessed with this anime for a while. It got me reading the manga, which is now one of my all-time favorite mangas. Then, like everyone else, I started losing interest in the show toward the end, but even so, I figured: "No matter what, no matter how corny things get or how lame this fight is, as long as I get to see Clare kill Priscilla, it will have been worthwhile."

This was THE WORST anime ending I've ever seen, and I've completed 100+ shows so that says a fair amount. They should have just followed the manga and ended it the way Berserk ended, without a lot of stuff resolved but nevertheless a great story told. But the fight with Priscilla was just too drawn out and lame, and the cheesiness was intolerable. After Raki stepped in, I seriously hated him so much I just wanted a rock to fall on him and the last 10 minutes of the show be of him dying in agony.

I hated the ending so much, I just don't want there to be a second season. If there's a second season, I'll feel obligated to watch just to keep up with the current shows, and I don't think that it's worth my time any longer.
Dec 3, 2007 12:29 AM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
Was not done in rush?
Are you joking? :DD Since the ep 19 Claymore was known to have some serious pacing problems, rushing some important scenes and stretching unimportant.
NO we don't want our Raki dead. We want anime Raki dead as he, through the last 6 eps was changed from annoying little kid to whinny little idiot who deserves to be killed. This brings up OOC-ness of characters. Oh please, in 26 all of them were like they have hit their heads...Claire suddenly forgetting the revenge, Miria suddenly forgets the claymores in Pieta and goes out to hang out with friends.
Raki? raki's OOC-ness began with him breaking his promise to get stronger before meeting Claire.]

New season? Don't joke me...They already would not be able access the material from manga(having shitted up entire Pieta plot) and I am sure that no one would watch the retardation of last three episodes continue for another 26 episodes...

Let me say this - IF they wanted to make a second season sometime in future, they would not have done filler-ending.

i was thinking the same thing. raki was annoying as hell... no balls at all. I know Clare should of killed pris at the end too. Damn you raki. Ah well, be glad the last 6 ep is over.
Dec 4, 2007 5:48 PM
Nov 2007
Yamazaki said:

What was the point of everything...

For Clare to overcome her lust for revenge and be able to live a happy life. Revenge can be overcome in more ways than just murder. :P If you look at how Clare develops over the whole thing, she goes from being a cold statue to finding a reason OTHER than murdering Priscilla to keep going in life.

That's my take on it anyways, I'm sure people who read the manga will feel different, but hey I didn't read the manga so from a pure anime perspective I thought the entire series was astounding, by far one of the best animes I've ever seen, if not THE best. For some reason, some of my favourite episodes were in the supposed "deviation from the manga" scenes... well, anyways, note to self: don't read mangas of shows I'm watching, since the manga obviously prevents one from enjoying the anime. Instead I'll just read mangas after animes, that way both can be enjoyed.
Dec 10, 2007 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
death919 said:

For Clare to overcome her lust for revenge and be able to live a happy life. Revenge can be overcome in more ways than just murder. :P If you look at how Clare develops over the whole thing, she goes from being a cold statue to finding a reason OTHER than murdering Priscilla to keep going in life.

That's my take on it anyways, I'm sure people who read the manga will feel different, but hey I didn't read the manga so from a pure anime perspective I thought the entire series was astounding, by far one of the best animes I've ever seen, if not THE best. For some reason, some of my favourite episodes were in the supposed "deviation from the manga" scenes... well, anyways, note to self: don't read mangas of shows I'm watching, since the manga obviously prevents one from enjoying the anime. Instead I'll just read mangas after animes, that way both can be enjoyed.

Since I assume that we were watching the same show, I think you should have understood already - Claymore is a nihilistic story in a way similar to Berserk. There is no room for "overcoming revenge".

And Claire would not be able to live her life...remember ? All the claymores one day awaken....

Agreed that earlier episodes there good...everything up to 18 was top-quality. Everything after that felt like a different series...Lemme say this - ep26 was clearly not a claymore episode (I was nearly vomiting from all these smiles and dumb scenes)

Favorite episodes? lol the last episodes were the worst....they made more plot holes, than they covered the plot:
What Happened to 24 in Pieta?
What is Rafaela?
What is ORG?
etc etc etc

They had 6 episodes since start of Northern Wars. If you make an anime original ending, at least resolve something, instead ofmaking utterless 3 episode long dbz-like fight with priscila...

P.s. you like it or not, revenge is the main theme of this show.
Dec 18, 2007 3:01 PM
Nov 2007
Hmm... so let me get this straight: You're trying to convince me that when I watched the show 3 or 4 months ago that I didn't like it? Or that I thought it was a bad story? Hmm... interesting... well then I guess I should stop liking this show then because you said so! Not...

Sorry I'm not into the whole "story analysis" thing from English class. I'm not watching anime as an assignment or as homework. I'm not watching it so that I can deeply analyze and critique every flaw that I can dig up in forums and message boards so I can decide how much I enjoyed watching the show half a year after finishing it. I watch for enjoyment. It is a FACT that I enjoyed this anime 3 or 4 months ago. It is a FACT that I thought it was amazing and enjoyed it more than pretty much any other anime. It is a FACT that reading a post on a message board isn't going to change the amount of enjoyment that I received from watching this show 4 months ago. I've read about how Death Note's ending is so "flawed" also, and all the reasons why the ending to the show sucked because it couldn't possibly have happened and blah blah blah... and yet I don't really care, it doesn't change the fact that the ending SHOCKED me, and it doesn't change the fact that I thought it was one of the best endings to a storyline anyways.

As for claims of "What is Rafaela?", again, you're getting into some manga stuff... to someone who hasn't read the manga, these points are irrelevant. Rafaela played a negligable role in the plot of the anime and thus was not a significant character. I personally haven't read the manga, so I fail how I personally would see this as some sort of "plot hole" or even something that was missing from the anime... the 24 in Pieta? It's an open ending, I dunno, you decide... oh, did something happen to them in the manga? Ah, then of course the ending sucks... to someone who's read the manga.

So whether or not you and apparently the rest of these forums thought it was a bad story after deeply analyzing it, ok... but I fail to see how that changes how much I enjoyed the show 4 months ago. :O The fact remains that it's pretty much my favourite anime of all time, and that I absolutely loved it when I watched it back in August/September.
Dec 18, 2007 3:17 PM
Nov 2007
Although I'm gunna be starting the manga soon. :P So maybe I will think after reading it "hey, this is WAY better than the anime", but even then just because the manga is way better than the anime isn't going to make me have liked the anime any less. :P
Dec 22, 2007 6:40 AM
Dec 2007
Yeah the hellishlyshit of an ending was that?...
i give the ending a 5/10...
Raki was like a cry baby, he was useless, what's with his momma's boy attitude?
well, the story was nice til' that ending in pieta... the Manga still continues though (rocks)

and numbers 1 and 2 were not quite explained, also those others

the characters were really not quite explained well, but who cares, those characters are somewhat useless too.....

well if anyone wanna know the continuation of the story
since i'm quite a manga reader (>.< 4 weeks every chapter)
Starts on chapter 60+(different ending from the anime)

binarycloudDec 27, 2007 3:06 AM
Jan 1, 2008 8:11 AM

Mar 2007
Just finished this series. I thought it was incredible.

Loved the flashback arc with Teresa. Definitely my favorite part of the series. I initially refused to watch the series because the fact that it was shounen and that every Claymore was female sent mass fanservice alarms off.

My bad. Now it's one of my favourite series, and I've started reading the manga.

Jan 10, 2008 11:13 AM

Nov 2007
this was a great anime to watch but i wish the ending could of added more. It would of been cool if the raki and clare meet up like years later so he could grow a little haha. Also would of been good if raki could of become a warrior with some yoma power... The first man to control it :D
Jan 13, 2008 7:31 AM

Jul 2007
Ending was bad in comparison to the manga.

However i think they have a plan, a reason why it ended like this. Probably will not show until the 2nd season
Jan 22, 2008 8:37 AM

Dec 2007
Well Finished. Not much to say except the last episode kinda disappointed me. I think the fight could've been a lot better, and less short. But I still loved this series. 9/10
Feb 19, 2008 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
Was that an ending? I've seen better ones, this one sucked as hell, i even looked if there was a season 2 because i didn't think it finished.
~de Arimasu
Feb 28, 2008 6:58 AM
Nov 2007
first for the people who read my post, i´m sorry, been quite busy.~
seconde:
binarycloud said:´´Raki was like a cry baby, he was useless``

hmmm, it´s like, Raki he´s a boy, still young and afraid, so that explain the ´´like a cry baby, and well if you saw the anime then you know there´s no claymore man, so that explain the´´ he was useless``.

lunarcrusader said:´´The first man to control it`` if you are refering to the first claymore, then you are wrong, but if you are refering to really control the power, then like claire sooner or later he will became a youki.

and for the last one binarycloud:´´Yeah the hellishlyshit of an ending was that?...
let me explain, you just didn´t like it because you feel incomplete, because you want to know more, but control your self and try to undestand what the anime tried to show you, your to teach you.

PS: when i have the change i will try to put up the image i was trying to show you.
Mar 10, 2008 3:06 PM
Nov 2007
hmmm, people who were waiting for the image, i just could put on my profile image, so you need to go see my profile, and then give me your opinion about what I ask.
Mar 19, 2008 5:50 AM

Mar 2008
I loved the anime through and through.
Apr 20, 2008 8:28 PM

Feb 2008
I thought this was a decent series and from the start was only leaning towards giving it a 7/10. I myself haven't read the manga, though my download of the whole series came with it up to chapter 76 or so ... the series was interesting enough to be a little interested in reading the manga, so I probably will here pretty soon. Seems like most readers prefer it over what the series became.

Also, wow did the animation quality drop a lot. For awhile there I thought maybe my video files just got crappier, but after reading this thread and others I guess that's not really the case, and the show just really did take a drop in quality.

Decent. 7/10 all the way through for me. Even as someone who hasn't read the manga, this ending wasn't that great at all.
Apr 20, 2008 9:10 PM

Feb 2008
I know, the ending was a bummer but the story between Teresa and Clare told back was really NICE. loved the action, but i guess for the manga readers it was disappointing.

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
Apr 22, 2008 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
this is disappointing for any manga reader. well the ending is, up until around epi 19-21 i would say manga readers would be happen with how the anime progressed.

from taht point on i just remembered everytime i saw raki i was like "DIIIIIIE DIEEEEEEEEE " i really just wanted the whiner dead.

i was with a solid 9-10 until the epi 20 mark and then it dropped to a 7-8. the ending was cliche and jeane sacrificing herself was ok, but the dialogue or raki/jeane and then clare just really made it that much more angering.

May 4, 2008 6:34 PM

Jun 2007
Here's hoping for a second season. I quite enjoyed this series.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

May 7, 2008 4:39 AM

Jul 2007
OranSolus said:

God....Ignorance trully is a bliss >.> S2? Not gonna happen. Even IF they managed to somehow pull back to manga storyline, it would taka A DAMN long time for manga to get far enough...

I mean its 12 chapters/year -.-
May 7, 2008 7:30 AM

Jul 2007
Fai said:
OranSolus said:

God....Ignorance trully is a bliss >.> S2? Not gonna happen. Even IF they managed to somehow pull back to manga storyline, it would taka A DAMN long time for manga to get far enough...

I mean its 12 chapters/year -.-

Which is why, i believe at least, they gave some closure to the story by changing the storyline. It will be a few years at least before we here news..
May 7, 2008 7:49 AM

May 2008
I found the ending bullshit. They've could have atleast let us viewers get the satisfaction of seeing the akuma die :P since clare is pro! just loved her :)

but the ending was bad.. enough said

-------------------
nyhusern.net
May 11, 2008 12:25 AM

Sep 2007
Overall it wasn't a bad series...I thought that the ending was a little sub-par...especially in comparison with the series as an entirety...but overall I thought it was a different yet good series to watch...I hope that there will be a second season...although it may be a while...in the meantime...guess I'll start reading the manga...
May 12, 2008 10:37 PM

Aug 2007
strik-9 said:
Overall it wasn't a bad series...I thought that the ending was a little sub-par...especially in comparison with the series as an entirety...but overall I thought it was a different yet good series to watch...I hope that there will be a second season...although it may be a while...in the meantime...guess I'll start reading the manga...

great idea. seriously. the manga just recently took it to a whole new level.
May 22, 2008 2:12 AM
May 2008
Well that was quite emotional. the whole scene with jean almost had me throw a big rubbery one. i really do hope there is a season two. too much has been left unanswered. if there is a season two i'll give it a 10/10, actually i'd probably give it a 10 anyway. i like the whole friendship, perseverence and love is more powerful than strength idea.
May 26, 2008 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
Frenz said:

Which is why, i believe at least, they gave some closure to the story by changing the storyline. It will be a few years at least before we here news..

Closure opinions fails this time - manga conclusion of North War(Joined by Souls first chapter) would have been better closure. Hey - at least it felt as some sort of end.The "shadows on the cliff" and the counting, would have worked perfectly to end it...even maybe on or two lines from the cliff scene, as the screen goes black...

Anime, on other hand had NO end. We had a bullshit on OMG luv powa and Priscila going ssj....and no closure whatsoever. And the have "meet ya next week" end, which completely takes out any chances for the further usage of manga material.
Jun 5, 2008 5:23 PM
May 2008
They did for the manga to be sold ^_^
Is there any possibility to have season 2??? i don't think so because of the difference in the manga and anime
Aug 12, 2008 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
I really enjoyed this series up until the last few episodes where it seemed to lose some of it's feeling. I wouldn't say they rushed it, but they definitely packed way too much in a short period of time and lost a lot of the quality.

The last episode just really didn't click with me like the first 19 or so.

Not to mention the ridiculousness of power up after power up.
Aug 12, 2008 12:41 PM
Jun 2008
kizen said:
I really enjoyed this series up until the last few episodes where it seemed to lose some of it's feeling. I wouldn't say they rushed it, but they definitely packed way too much in a short period of time and lost a lot of the quality.

probably because the ending was all made up anime only BS..I suggest only watching up to the War int he North arc..then picking up the manga
Sep 7, 2008 7:20 PM

Jan 2008
Not a bad ending considering the manga is still ongoing.

Sep 12, 2008 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
Closure opinions fails this time - manga conclusion of North War(Joined by Souls first chapter) would have been better closure. Hey - at least it felt as some sort of end.The "shadows on the cliff" and the counting, would have worked perfectly to end it...even maybe on or two lines from the cliff scene, as the screen goes black...

Anime, on other hand had NO end. We had a bullshit on OMG luv powa and Priscila going ssj....and no closure whatsoever. And the have "meet ya next week" end, which completely takes out any chances for the further usage of manga material.

I completly agree with this opinion. Wtf was that stupid ending? if they ended it with the counting of Claymores disappearing in Pieta from Prisila like it was in the manga and said to us that they were gone a make a second season in few years i would be completly satisfied. But with that stupid ending the amazing story of the manga can't continue.
After reading the manga i was like "i can't believe am not gone see this amazing staff in anime". Why did they ended it like that? Now they can't continue with the manga story.
I cave this anime an 8. But if it had being faithful to the manga it would have gone for a 10. They ruined everything in the end.
I wonder why did they ended it like that. Was it because the story reached the manga or because the anime wasn't popular enough? If it was just the manga the problem then they were idiots for making the anime in the first place and not wait a few years more before they start the anime. It's like starting a movie with half the script.
Sep 17, 2008 8:50 AM

Jan 2008
kizen said:
I really enjoyed this series up until the last few episodes where it seemed to lose some of it's feeling.

So sad, and so true.

Through the beginning and middle of this series I couldn't wait to watch the next episode. Everything that was happening with the characters/storyline was interesting and exciting.

Yet towards the end, the entire "feel" of the series was lost. Very quickly it became dull and cumbersome. A sad end to a great beginning.

The first ~20 episodes I'd give a 9, maybe even a 10.

But the last few episodes were only a 6 or 7.

For a series as a whole I'll give it an 8.
Sep 24, 2008 7:06 PM

Jul 2007
My thoughts after the last ep:

- that Raki kid was a fucking pain in the ass, annoying, dumbass, retarded useless character that should have never been there; he should have died half-way through the series

- Teresa's arc was a piece of art, by far the best part of this Anime and deserves its own 10/10 score (I rated the show 9). Her death however, was really nonsense, that she wasn't able to dodge that attack after all those awesome fights she showed.. cmon..

- shitty retarded ending, what the fuck was that, stupid emo crying kid pops up and stops her from accomplishing the entire goal of this story? Priscilla had to die, no matter what.

KotoriSep 24, 2008 9:02 PM
Sep 28, 2008 3:12 AM
Aug 2008
Ehh.. Started so good, with the "omg, that's so fcked up factor" on the good side. And ended so cheesy that i realy just couldn't belewe how low it fallen.
Ehh.. I would've gave it 8 or 9, but afther i saw the last few episodes, which wore "not so good" (sotftly said), and that kind of cheesy lines like "Clare, i love you" (Oh c'mon). I'll have to give it 6 :/
GeForceSep 28, 2008 4:19 AM
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Jun 20, 2007

115 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 14, 2007

69 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 6, 2007

86 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 30, 2007

80 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sobzob - May 23, 2007

208 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 5:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.