Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
May 3, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
I'm mad because Raki's dumbass stopped Clare from beheading that stupid btch Priscilla. Eff that punk.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
May 17, 2014 6:00 AM
May 2014
Like many others my rating for this anime has significantly dropped. Its really weird because it was awesome for the most part then it suddenly dropped in quality. The ending was a cliffhanger-ish and very disappointing. I wanted to see what easley could do in battle. oh well, overall I give it an 8/10. It would've been a 9 or maybe even a 10 but those last episodes and dat ending...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 4:03 PM

Jan 2012
This a great series but Wow what a mediocre ending that was. If Raki hadn't show up it probably would have been heaps more enjoyable, I really dislike those "I don't want anyone to die" characters, especially in a series like Claymore and even more so when they're as annoyingly weak as he is.

Also what the hell with protecting that b*tch! I've been waiting since episode 9 or so for Priscilla to bite it, and Clare was SO close to having her revenge finally. I seriously hope there is a sequel or maybe I'll just pick up from here with the manga.

BEWARE! THIS SPOILER IS FUNNY!!
NekozzieJun 18, 2014 4:12 PM
Jun 23, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 2013
The 8+ rating made me think this would be something bigger than generic shounen-shit. sasuga, MAL raters.

Interesting until after Teresa died then it turned into a ''HIS POWER LEVEL IS OVER 9900014230142!"!!!!!!!! !!!!!!' generic shounen with overlong battles, ass-pulls (how many times did you hear this "I CANT TURN BACK!!!!" followed by them turning back to human?) and yelling.

ugh what a waste of time.
sayonara_sekaiJun 23, 2014 4:55 AM
Jul 11, 2014 10:54 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly I wasn't too bothered by the ending, I already had expectations for a not so great ending.

An ongoing, long manga series being condensed into 26 eps - yea, it's gonna have a crappy ending like Berserk or Attack on Titan.
Aug 23, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2009
wooooooow ... why did I just waste my time watching this ... Raki is the worst character >_< ... such a pointless ending
Aug 30, 2014 7:06 AM
May 2014
I loved the entire series to bits, if there was one thing I disliked about it was the fact that 90% of Raki's vocabulary is just "Clare", it seriously started to piss me off but I liked how quickly it developed towards the end.

I'm not expecting a sequel but I presume the manga stretches farther than this so I may pick it up some time ^_^
Sep 7, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
I tried not to hate Raki... I really tried.
Sep 9, 2014 9:06 AM
May 2014
great anime with bad end 7/10
s2 plz :/
tragedyloverSep 19, 2014 11:31 AM
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Sep 15, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2014
this episode dropped rating, oh well, now im going to its manga
Oct 24, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
What a cheesy ass ending. I really liked the rest of the series but the ending just killed it for me. And Raki can fucking suck it, he is useless.
Nov 4, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
6/10

the ending just fucking SUCK!
Dec 10, 2014 12:55 PM
Feb 2014
aaah!! a Jeane morreu! :(
Jan 3, 2015 7:41 AM

Jun 2014
want season 2 so bad!
Jan 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Dec 2011
kelvy-kun said:
I'm mad because Raki's dumbass stopped Clare from beheading that stupid btch Priscilla. Eff that punk.

Raki annoys me so much. That ending was... Meh. 7/10.
Feb 1, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Till last episode I hoped for something that would make watching second half worth my time. Sadly, there was not such thing. I might repeat previous posts - the concept (demons, demon killing organization, ordinary guy follows super-powered guy on adventure) is very well known, but the details are so unique, it all summed up in perfect dark, gloomy atmosphere - I was captured with premise and first episodes. Yet, as the story progressed I started to feel bored, action parts got senseless, good drama was handled with bad dialogues and dull character behavior. Characters were interesting, music was good. 25th episode would be fine only if second season would be scheduled.

After watching last episode I clearly understood my lesson - however beautiful animation is or interesting first episodes are, if I am not enjoying anime anymore I should simply stop watching it.
Mar 2, 2015 12:15 PM
May 2014
Gikiseima said:
want season 2 so bad!
Same!
Mar 2, 2015 2:12 PM

Sep 2014
Fucking Raki ruined this series for me...
May 11, 2015 12:07 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Somewhat an awfull ending.
Raki was just annoying and useless as hell.
Clare did not even kill Priscilla.
The battle was ... somewhat lame for beeing the final battle o.o

It started as a great show, I loved it and couldnt get enough of it. But I had a rly hard time to watch the last 2 episodes. Like ... I was playing on my cellular because just watching it was a pain.

I will pass to the manga now. I hope it will somewhat better. I mean the idea was great, but just wtf ... rly.

It reminded me the ending of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. I had the same disappontment there. Why would someone just ruin a great anime.

Oh well, it dropped from 10 to 7. Let's get over it and go over to the next anime ...

May 18, 2015 10:14 AM

Oct 2011
Raki is a fucking useless cunt until the end. Other than it's a good show despite the flaws. Such a shame it has a really high potential at the start, might check the manga sometime.

7/10
May 27, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2015
Raki sucks.
Why did they even made that character?
He ruined everything
Ending sucks
Such a great anime was spoiled by last 2 Episodes
SaberforlifeMay 27, 2015 8:10 PM
May 31, 2015 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
Finally rewatched this series and have to say I didn't remember Raki being that annoying in the end. Because of him Priscilla lives and Jeane had to die, good job! I'll change my score from 9/10 to 8/10.
May 31, 2015 8:13 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Gator said:
Finally rewatched this series and have to say I didn't remember Raki being that annoying in the end. Because of him Priscilla lives and Jeane had to die, good job! I'll change my score from 9/10 to 8/10.

Agreed he is really annoying. I was hoping from the beginning that he would just like ... die. And maybe give Clare a reason to fight. Or something like that *sob*

Aug 8, 2015 2:14 PM
Sep 2014
8/10. The ending fight was very average, but I really liked the end after that because I love happy endings. The minuses were some annoyances throughout all 26 eps, and the fact that a lot of things were left untold (no season 2).

Overall I really enjoyed it, felt like something special.
Aug 13, 2015 2:28 AM
Aug 2013
went from a 9/10 to 8/10.. a very sappy predictable and shallow ending. it pains to see a good anime series suffer ratings due to the ending.. gotta read the full peita arc from the manga..
Aug 26, 2015 4:33 AM

Jun 2015
I enjoyed this anime a lot overall. I loved the dark tone, medieval ambientation, the diversity of characters and personalities on it and the fights. The animation was very good imo.
I'm not so dissapointed with the ending like most of the people, while I recognize that leaves it very open for a series without a 2nd season, though. Raki's last decision was very cuestionable. And maaany of the secrets were not revealed or really developed like Organization's purposes.
But still I liked it a lot. I would want to read the whole manga, where I'm sure all this will be solved and the anime leaves a lot of the source material.
I'm thinking about buying the manga (27 volumes), can you guys recommend me it? Is it worth the money??
Aug 28, 2015 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
So.... When's the rule 34 femdom version coming out?
Nov 8, 2015 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
Wonderful story. Certainly, it lacks a definitve conclusion, but I can read the manga aniway.
The most interesting thing for me was the characteres, and the animation was really good. Definitely I going to read the manga.
Dec 19, 2015 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
I just finished Claymore and I think it was amazing show, but last episodes were not that good like previous ones. Well, it's time for the manga.
8/10
Feb 10, 2016 3:05 PM

Feb 2015
Oh god why... why... everytime I find a good anime it's always ruined by someone... SOMEONE!... in this case, a guy, and one that reminds me of Yuki from Mirai Nikki, why... gdammit.

Wasn't satisfied with the ending though (mind you, I enjoyed the anime immensely except the obvious character) but I'll read the manga, just hope... no, pray, that guy isnt still annoying.
Feb 22, 2016 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
I have to say this final battle was rather lackluster. Considering the scale of those involved, it actually felt like one of the least exciting. There's also the issue of the hyper cliches being tossed in to end it. It felt like Clare was onto something when she was remembering Teresa talking about the goddesses, but then it just kept regurgitating the berserk routine. I'm at least glad it was Jean who saved Clare and not Raki. They already did that early into the show, no need to beat up a one trick pony.

And then of course, there's Raki. He ended up being the weakest aspect of Claymore. Initially he served as a foil to humanize Clare, but it felt like his naive, let's-all-get-along routine turned stale quickly and he didn't deliver. Now despite all of this, I can still see where he's coming from. He felt for Priscilla because she really was another victim of the never ending madness. This can be seen when her memories are constantly overlapping one another and turning into nonsensical delusions.

Honestly I never once came to dislike her. Even though it set me off when Teresa was killed, I still couldn't really hate Priscilla for it. They're all victims of a cycle of rinse and repeat agony, revenge, and rage. It's as Raki said, had Clare exacted her revenge, she would be in the same position. Then Claymores would have been sent after her. Then she would have been hunted down, leading to more victims/awakenings in the process no doubt. Raki just wanted something to change.

Speaking of, these last few episodes certainly did not change my overall impression of this series. While I felt like I did force myself through the last 2-3, it was nothing short of a pleasure to speed through the rest of it. This was pure intensity. 26 episodes of constant brutality, merciless battles, and a world as primal and savage as it got. Not once did it lose my attention. I'd say the best part is definitely the flashback with Teresa and Clare. Not only is it Raki free (well okay, especially because it's Raki free), but the build up and attention to it was phenomenal. It made Clare's resolve even more compelling and opened the door from a show about yoma hunting to a whole new behemoth.

Alright! Now it's time to wait for a second season...
*checks studio*
Nope, this is it. End of the line.

Can't say I wasn't warned. Certainly I went into Claymore knowing that it wasn't a complete package, but the ending was surprisingly satisfying. I thought it'd be some dramatic cliffhanger, the open ending makes me not mind leaving it alone. But I'm not gonna! I actually really want to go read the manga now, it's been months since an anime has compelled me to scurry over to the source.

9/10, even with its shortcomings Claymore lived up to its name - great and powerful. With that said, I really need something light and relaxing now....
Mar 23, 2016 2:52 AM
Aug 2015
iDensity said:
Oh god why... why... everytime I find a good anime it's always ruined by someone... SOMEONE!... in this case, a guy, and one that reminds me of Yuki from Mirai Nikki, why... gdammit.

Wasn't satisfied with the ending though (mind you, I enjoyed the anime immensely except the obvious character) but I'll read the manga, just hope... no, pray, that guy isnt still annoying.

I can't agree with you more! I just literally finished the anime right now and WOW... I have never had such a bad migraine since having to deal with Yuki... I prayed and prayed I would never see another Yuki...

What a horrible ending for such an amazing ride this anime was! The moment Raki came back for the last fight with the silver eyed lion and going in the the final fight with Priscilla it was like... someone taking away your favorite ice cream cone and giving you a piece of dog crap to eat
Jul 22, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2007
After years of hearing how bad the ending of Claymore was I entered this episode with much fear, then it ended

Not a great ending but a fine one, I haven't read the manga so there is that I guess and it was a bit dramatic but not horrible, made me want to see more, which I know will never happen, but whatever

8/10 for me for the show, good show, Raki was annoying, but that is to be expected from his type of character.

Seriously, the ending was fine.
My anime list
Aug 26, 2016 2:12 AM

Oct 2015
clare never got her revenge against priscilla, how lame. Raki should have been killed by clare, instead of Jean. He irritated me so much and the four of them have left the organisation, it was kinda expected anyway. The series was not complete because Isley the silver king has not yet fought.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 29, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
why didn't Raki let Clare kill Perscilla? He can find a hole and die I don't care. I bet he wouldn't have stopped her if he hadn't know Perscilla in the first place. I have to read the manga starting with this battle
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 3, 2016 7:29 AM

Jan 2013
Good job Raki, you just destroyed the one thing Clare lived for, for pretty much her entire life.
Poor Jean having to save Raki by sacrificing herself, even though she was already probably going to die anyway.

I really liked the dark setting from the start and it's unique setting.
Even though the characters are pretty much all blonde and have similar looks it wasn't hard to tell who was who and the names stuck with me aswell.
Raki was not really needed imo ... or rather it could've been any other kid that wasn't really as obnoxious as he was.

The fights were amazing and really exciting, I was sometimes even amazed on how easy it was for other Claymores to suddenly just some limbs here and there.
Unfortunately the ending was a bit of a letdown but it's good knowing Clare can live on.
This anime really stood out on it's own!

10/10 from me, can't justify giving it anything lower despite the ending.

*Edit - Oh and I forgot to mention, the music was topnotch but that's to be expected from Madhouse.
I've gained a few new favourite soundtracks just because of this anime like; "Ooki na Ken" and "Kyoujin na Chikara"
PrOxAntoOct 3, 2016 7:51 AM
Oct 5, 2016 3:40 AM

Jul 2008
Still a solid series even though I hate open endings.

7/10
Oct 27, 2016 5:49 PM
Apr 2016
Considering that ending, actually the last few episodes, I'm really tempted to give it a 3 out of sheer pettiness. Thoroughly enjoyed the series before that epic failure though (fantastic Teresa arc), so a soft 7 it is. Still, a damn shame.
CruicruiseOct 27, 2016 8:45 PM
Jan 17, 2017 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
I loved the anime even though its not well finished. The last episode left a lot of questions unanswered in my mind so Im going to start reading the manga which I hope to be even better and longer. I cant wait to read it !!! ^-^
Mar 19, 2017 3:43 AM

Feb 2010
Loved the show, but what in the hell was that ending.

Apr 1, 2017 4:09 AM
Jan 2017
This show needs to completed asap. Even in its current form it's far superior to most of the anime these days. This ending depressed me big time until i found out about the manga. Trust me anyone disappointed with the ending go read the manga, it has an epic ending. This was the only series which forced me to pick up the manga.
May 10, 2017 6:35 PM
Feb 2016
Well, I gotta say the end wasn't a blame by itself, but the way the story was being undeveloped in the last episodes... Where the fuck were N°1,2,3,5 when the most important conflict was happening? Why did the organization ignore it like that? Miria said that the team would be a distraction while the rest of the fellas would do their damn business... But NOTHING happened at all. They just hid. Isley could just fuck the world out if he wanted to, now that half of the Claymores died... Where was Riful, also, that was looking for a way to defeat Isley, she could just utilize the moment where his defesenses were lowed to bring him down, come on, Rigardo died and Priscilla almost...
Jun 6, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
i already knew it was gonna finish like this, but damn, was i pissed off when raki didn't die...
if the point was to make me want to read the manga, i guess it worked, because it started brilliantly. i wasn't that much into clare first - and i already didn't like raki - but the other claymores were pretty interesting and the story was building up nicely.
i just think they could have explored a different angle from the manga if they only had twenty six episodes, like the organization thing instead of turning this into a revenge story against priscila - who should have died if that was it - but anyway, this topic is a hell pool of manga spoilers though.
Jun 21, 2017 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
Well done Madhouse, ruining a great story with your shit fillers, and turning a monster hunt into a fucking gundam battle. 7/10 for the entire series, 9/10 if those last 3-4 episodes didn't happen.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 21, 2017 1:18 PM
Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:
Well done Madhouse, ruining a great story with your shit fillers, and turning a monster hunt into a fucking gundam battle. 7/10 for the entire series, 9/10 if those last 3-4 episodes didn't happen.
Yeah, it's a shame it never got a second season/reboot :''(
Highly recommend that u read the manga, it's really epic :)
Jul 11, 2017 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
I agree with MondayBlues about the ending..
Don't know about you all but this final episode felt rushed?
So one of the claymores had to sacrifice themself for Clare :(
Raki doesn't change and is STILL annoying by the final episode
Not one of the greatest anime, but still entertaining. 7/10.
Jul 17, 2017 12:10 AM

Feb 2014
The ending made almost everything pointless.

All the fights, the strugles. Everything.

Why did they have to add that stupid male boy? I don't know if the manga has him, but seriously... all his damn fault. Since the beginning, when they introduced him, I got bothered by it, but now thanks to him I got an ending that made (for bad) my day.
TechOtakuJul 17, 2017 12:15 AM
Aug 28, 2017 11:23 AM

May 2016
Damn nobody said from which chapter should I start reading the manga?
Anyway as expected those animes which don't end with a first season
are like the same lame ending I didn't say all of them so don't start arguing.
I would have loved to see Isley join the fight but what can I say :/
This show was far better before Teresa's death and the mc lacked in the
emotion area tbh I will give this show 8/10 just because of Teresa's arc now
I need to start reading the manga I wonder if it's better, I guess, it must be xD
Feb 2, 2018 7:01 AM

Feb 2013
Stupid Raki ruined everything.
Feb 9, 2018 6:54 PM

Nov 2016
Actually did not really dig the whole ordeal with Priscilla so I couldn't find myself to completely enjoy this final episode. I definitely expected more from this final fight. I agree with everyone else about Raki just ruining everything. I'm highly disappointed that this guy made zero development from being a helpless crybaby in 26 episodes. I tried to give this guy a chance after the first time we ever saw him but not a single shred of development. After the fight Clare had with Rigardo is where the show went downhill for me. Putting aside the last couple of episodes and Raki, I did enjoy the show for the most part. It was great we at least had other Claymore who were enjoyable and interesting.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Yesterday, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Yesterday, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

85 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 27, 2007

98 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.