Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2010 10:46 AM

Jul 2010
The ending was horrible. I hated it. The show took a turn for the worst when The Silver Eyed Lion showed up.
Aug 25, 2010 2:23 PM

Jun 2010
idk what i got from the ending was that there will be a sequel, i mean we still have to see what the "silver king of the north" can do, and we still havent seen rank 1 & 2 claymores
idk just my opinion
Sep 2, 2010 3:48 PM
Jul 2010
Not that bad. I actually cried (damn, I really liked Jean). I enjoyed the episode better than the last 2 at least. But of course there are all those plot holes that so many people have already talked about here. Personally, I would love to know much more about the Organization. The seem pretty evil... (gotta read the manga)

This show was just great all the way through episode 20. Episode 23 was quite good as well and the ending was nice in my opinion. Priscilla freaks me out, she just seems to innocent but wants to kill everyone - it confuses me. Raki pretty much ruined everything - why the hell did he want Priscilla to live all that badly? At least Jean made a whole lot more sense and actually made me cry. However, it's not that bad that Clare didn't kill Priscilla (although I wouldn't mind that happening either ;D), they just should have explored the reasons behind it a little better. Open endings are not my favorite ones but all in all it was still good.

I totally loved Claymore, even though the 24th and 25th episodes were bad (by far the worst episodes in the show) and the 21st and 22nd were only decent. But... despite the fact that I liked the final, I felt like there was something missing. The countless power-ups in the last few episodes felt so anti-climatic, this wasn't one of those kind of show the last time I checked...

Anyway, even though it had its flaws, I was able to enjoy the ending but the last few episodes make me drop the rating from 10/10 to 9/10. (Though I don't want to, I just loved every single character - except for Raki and Priscilla - and I really want to give this a 10/10 but I simply can't)

And since so many say that it's much better than the anime, I'm totally gonna read the manga because if you guys are right and I found the anime to be this awesome, the manga must be the greatest thing ever.
hontobakaSep 3, 2010 4:53 AM
Sep 4, 2010 10:44 AM

May 2010
I didn't disliked the ending, I thought it would be some ending where the main character would die or something.
Jeane's death was touching, Clare lost another dear ally like she lost Teresa, but at least she still has Raki.
Although I was disappointed by the many plot holes that the anime left. I have not read the manga yet, so I am not in place to compare them.

- We don't get to know a lot about Isley & his motivations and how him and Priscilla became allies.
- What about the organization, we never get to know who they truly are, even if some of the Claymores are having suspicions.
- I remember back there Miria mentioned number1 & 2 of the organization, yet they never appear in the anime.
- Also didn't they said that the Abyssal Ones were 3? We don't get to know the third one either.

Anyways I will continue with the manga. The anime did a great job until episode 20, the other 6 in Pieta were really boring. Music was also excellent.
Sep 7, 2010 10:49 AM

Jul 2010
Great show. Though the last episodes may have not been up to par it was really great to watch. However, Jeane died an unessecary death because Clare didn't end up killing Priscilla. So many things have been untouched such as the Number One and Two Claymores and the organization but I can live with that. I might check out the manga after.
Sep 11, 2010 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
I need to rewatch this regardless of manga situations

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2010 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
Sucks,Character like raki shouldn't even exist.He wants to protect clare while he is just a piece of extra shitty character.The show would have been better if raki was not in the story.Because of him clare objective right from the start was flushed down the toilet like a piece of shit,if the author or person directing this show had let Clare kill Priscilla then everything over and claymore would be a better show with better rating.

Rating before episode 26 - 10
Rating after episode 26 - 6

I am sick of this kind of ending already,(main character wants to get revenge from the start of the story but extra character comes in at last episode and say shit like "This is wrong" and the revenge i am waiting for becomes a piece of shit just because of the minion piece of shit character.)
Oct 1, 2010 8:14 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode, and final fighting scenes. Though I'm disappointed that Priscilla didn't die in the end of the anime :/ And Jean died instead, I'm liking her too. Kinda not impressed with the ending though, but i guess continuing or reading the manga would satisfy me.
Oct 12, 2010 2:57 AM

Oct 2008
And so, we get a "happy" ending here.

I woulda prefered it if all of them dropped dead. >_>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 13, 2010 6:51 PM
Apr 2010
+1 for making think Raki was going to die -__-
meh ending wasn't so bad it's pretty much the manga with a different boss.This ending was 10x better than the shitty berserk ending..if you can even call it an ending..LMAO!
Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 16, 2010 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
I want the series to continue somehow seeing the last episode i just couldn't believe its over now because theres so much things they didn't show , Theres so much things in the manga i want to see in the anime , watching is way more fun than reading.
Actually i want to see everything in anime of the manga. *Sigh*

They made the ending like this so people would read the manga, thats why they didn't show everything in the series that everyone wants to know , its all in the manga.

But i would be very happy iff they would make the everything in the manga to anime.
Oct 16, 2010 6:03 PM

Jul 2010
YagokoroEirin said:
Sucks,Character like raki shouldn't even exist.He wants to protect clare while he is just a piece of extra shitty character.The show would have been better if raki was not in the story.Because of him clare objective right from the start was flushed down the toilet like a piece of shit,if the author or person directing this show had let Clare kill Priscilla then everything over and claymore would be a better show with better rating.
Uhhhm iff Raki woudln't exist clare would have changed into a Awakened being in that church.
So you're saying iff you were Raki you could kill monsters like that? and do the same things? , get over it , its an anime.
Raki reminded Clare of herself and she accepted him as a friend.
Clare fought for Raki.
Clare being emo in the anime is pretty boring with Raki she was more herself and not some killing machine that has no emotions.

And what the hell it would be a better anime how can you tell !? , it might even be worse , thats just your opinion.
Iff dont like claymore ending you dont have to rage over it and go on forums and make people read your shitty reply's.
Oct 16, 2010 7:00 PM

Mar 2010
QKunai said:
YagokoroEirin said:
Uhhhm iff Raki woudln't exist clare would have changed into a Awakened being in that church.
So you're saying iff you were Raki you could kill monsters like that? and do the same things? , get over it , its an anime.
Clare fought for Raki.
Clare being emo in the anime is pretty boring with Raki she was more herself and not some killing machine that has no emotions.

And what the hell it would be a better anime how can you tell !? , it might even be worse , thats just your opinion.
Iff dont like claymore ending you dont have to rage over it and go on forums and make people read your shitty reply's.

WOw that made a lot of sense still every one has there opinions Regardless

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 17, 2010 6:00 AM

Jul 2010
Rasco said:
QKunai said:
YagokoroEirin said:
Clare fought for Raki.

WOw that made a lot of sense still every one has there opinions Regardless
These opinions should be kept for themselfs or go to japan and complain that you want a other ending.
Oct 17, 2010 9:36 AM

May 2010
Oh what could have been..
They should've made this into a 5x episode anime. I mean shit, they had over enough content from the manga. But whatever. As everyone has already said, the anime went to garbage after the arc with Duff or whatever his name was..I really did enjoy the first 3 quarters of Claymore, especially when they showed us Clare and Teresa's past. Don't know what happened. It was like, after ophelia's death, the creators for the first time realized they didn't have enough time to write the full story and decided they needed to rush the last quarter. well whatever, i really enjoyed most of this anime so i'll give it a 9.
Oct 17, 2010 11:52 AM
Dec 2009
If this anime had 50 episodes with no plot holes then I would have gave it a 10. I expected the ending to be worse though, wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.
Oct 17, 2010 10:12 PM

Jan 2010
I personallly hate this ep. I wish they did follow the manga cause if they release a new season it will strictly be about destorying the organization not about the other plots the manga presented. Seriously so the fight between Clarie and Prisilla is done now? Im disgusted. Guess im going to stick to the manga.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Oct 18, 2010 7:08 PM

Dec 2008
Welcomehome said:
Why are people pissed that Raki stopped Clare from killing Priscila? If that would have happened more people would have been even more pissed that it deviated even further away from the Manga. The whole Pieta thing could be overlooked and fixed, but the death of Priscila couldn't. Although annoying, I find it believable that a little kid who's family was eaten by monsters would be drawn and attached to the person who saved him, and has the power to protect him. And in exchange he wants to be able to protect her since he couldn't save his family. Raki also becomes more of a badass and less annoying after 7 years anyways. People are so hard to please!

What I just don't understand is why their paths crossed in Pieta at all??

They split up in the woods, after their gruesome encounter with Ophelia, to force her to choose who to follow (semi-awakened Clare) and spare Raki her considerable wrath, right? And in that scene in the wooded clearing, they promise to meet up after the dust has settled, right?

Well, according to Isley, Raki "smells of the south" which makes Clare from the south too... So why does Raki head north and keep heading north and keep heading north after they split up, until he's scratching around in ravaged villages in the tundra in the middle of some massive yoma war?

He tells Isley and Priscilla that he's looking for Clare, but he's obviously in a completely different climate in uninhabited country! As long as it must have taken him to travel that far on foot, you'd think he'd realize Clare was behind him somewhere and she was never gonna find him if he kept traveling in a straight line!

Srsly, WTF!
Oct 24, 2010 2:04 PM
Jul 2009
Hm.You know..She was fighting with silver lion king in about 2-3episodes?And what about 26 episode?One quick battle with berserk Priscila O.o...
Another thing is Raki's feelings.I thought that he will put an end to war beetween Awakened ones and Claymores(cooperation or sth)..

I also agree with the thing that the plot should be continued.We don;t know much about 3great Abyssal One..and the plot in second half of anime was focused on war between them and organizing the forces+killing Priscibitch.Ep26 gave us going into past to earlies episodes and anime ended without ending damn..

Still it was good:> also the music!
xxx
Oct 24, 2010 7:20 PM
Aug 2010
raki was so annoying throughout the series. all he did was cry and shout claire all the time whilst hugging her. I'll read the manga now to see how that compares, but I feel kind of let down as the anime could have been a lot better. I still enjoyed it however, an 8 from me.
Oct 30, 2010 5:51 AM

Dec 2008
I was expecting a more epic ending...
I wanted Priscilla to die...and after Raki stepped in and delivered his syrupy speech, I wanted him to die!!!
I wanted Jeanne to live.
I wanted to see all Claymore's get together and totally overthrow the organization.
I wanted a knock down, drag out battle with the king of the north.
Guess I'll go read the manga now.
Nov 1, 2010 2:40 PM

Jun 2010
I agree with most all of you. The ending really did suck... this ranks in the category of bad endings in the class of Wolf's Rein and such. I get sick and tired of these horrible endings...
Nov 1, 2010 9:25 PM

Jul 2010
It was such a pity. Was a very good anime. I would rate 10/10 just because all the others animes I have seen have been such a waste while this one I would see over and over again. I believe it started to drop in quality but I am happy I saw it nonetheless.

I was wishing for a Claymore 2 but is that not going to happen?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2010 10:38 AM
Jan 2009
So it ends.

I didn't know Jeanne would die in the end.She didn't seem so important.
I wanted Claire to kill Priscilla and that snow prince guy.
We didn't even see the #1 and #2 Claymores.
I should also point out that I found the kiss between Claire and that brat inappropriate.
I thought of her as an older sister figure for Laki.

And I miss Teresa.

Bah.
Unsatisfying ending.
Nov 27, 2010 4:49 PM
Nov 2009
Such a disappointment i was expecting for raki to die...what a let down overall great series :D
Dec 13, 2010 4:55 PM

Jun 2009
I think there will be a season 2 since they spared Priscilla's life.. but the meet up of Raki and Clare was nothing now compared to how I(We) highly waited for their meet up in the manga.. so if how will they manage to plan the story for season 2.. it will be hard

Raki interrupting and making a 1 full sh*t minute of drama/speech - I really hated it

Anyway, I'm happy that Clare is okay now.. so I won't compare this to the manga and still score 8/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 13, 2010 4:55 PM

Jun 2009
I think there will be a season 2 since they spared Priscilla's life.. but the meet up of Raki and Clare was nothing now compared to how I(We) highly waited for their meet up in the manga.. so if how will they manage to plan the story for season 2.. it will be hard

Raki interrupting and making a 1 full sh*t minute of drama/speech - I really hated it

Anyway, I'm happy that Clare is okay now.. so I won't compare this to the manga and still score 8/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 23, 2010 2:41 PM

Mar 2009
First half of anime: 12/10
Second half of anime: 6 - 7/10

It was freaking awesome in the start, and just... died off.

I am considering reading the manga, rumors says manga will continue with awesomeness like first half of this anime.
Dec 24, 2010 12:16 PM
Nov 2010
The wierd thing about this ending is how Clare and Raki seem to have forgotten they kissed before they lost contact because when theyre reunited again it isnt even mentioned once lol

And I still think Claymores an epic anime its just that the mangas even better
Jan 17, 2011 6:50 PM
Dec 2008
Yep yep, Raki should have just died at the end if his only role was to whine and hug Clare,
It was indeed a crappy ending but based on what I've read from all of yall, I need to pick up the manga so I can regain some faith. Series still got a 9 from me
Jan 22, 2011 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
Good to see most agree that last arc was bad. It basically turned into a series of drawn out fights to power up with the obvious ending of Raki/Jeanne bringing her back. Raki doing his best Shinji impersonation for a while sucked too. This could have been a good anime if they would have decided to come to a conclusion rather than leave everything open for a second season. 6/10
Feb 2, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
I hate endings like this. I hope they make a second season... And I'll read the manga now
Feb 12, 2011 7:09 AM

Jul 2010
I loved this anime so i'm still going to score it an 8 or 9 out of 10. The ending was a slight let down. I may read the manga.
Feb 20, 2011 8:47 PM
Nov 2010
It's awesome. Too bad I'm gonna give it a 9/10 cuz the last episodes destroyed the chance of having a second season.
Mar 6, 2011 8:09 AM

Mar 2011
SuperSaiyen said:
It's awesome. Too bad I'm gonna give it a 9/10 cuz the last episodes destroyed the chance of having a second season.

It didn't really destroy anything though. If they're going to be sincere about doing a season two, they could make a couple of OVAs to bridge the animation and the manga, so it still has a chance at following the originality of the manga version.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Mar 25, 2011 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
Wonder how many years before they might even consider a second season, if there's even a slight chance of it...
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 29, 2011 10:51 AM

Mar 2011
The ending ruined it for me... I really enjoyed claymore, but the ending was truly horrible.
“You’re Hordy, right? I guess I’ll have to kick your ass. You can become king of whatever you want in any country. But there can be only one king of the pirates!”
— Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 9, 2011 6:11 AM

Jul 2010
Yo, Raki .. CURSE YOU!! you're the most worthless anime character I've ever seen!

Damn him! why is he even there?!
The series would've been million times better off without him.. even with this lame ending of the anime!

I didn't have high expectations for the ending, but it was too stupid even though..
I'm thinking about not watching the manga cuz of this failure, and mostly because that piece of spit (....) is still alive >:(
May 23, 2011 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
It was a bad, disappointing end of the good story. Sometimes I hate anime for such endings... But, nevertheless overall show was great. If there would be the second season, I`ll watch it!
May 24, 2011 10:15 PM

Jan 2010
P-A-I-N said:
Yo, Raki .. CURSE YOU!! you're the most worthless anime character I've ever seen!

You haven't seen Shinji from Evangelion then...

I thought it was a decent series. Nice animation, nice soundtrack, good fighting sequence and excellent story. The ending.... it was eh. Can't really say anything since i haven't read the manga. Overall, 9/10.
Jul 25, 2011 4:39 PM

Jul 2011
It started off very well and progressed nicely, but it seemed like the ending was a bit rushed... Tbh, the ending was terrible! I gave it a 7/10, could easily have been an 9/10 if it wasn't for the last few episodes.

I really hate that Raki kid... he cries so much for no reason haha, he's worst than the female heroines of those tragic romance animes... -_-
Aug 18, 2011 9:46 PM

Jun 2011
Well that was a disappointment. I expected more from Clare vs Priscilla fight, not to mention the fact that Isley letting them live was totally lame. Need I mention the fact that Raki was a total pain in the neck the entire series?

Honestly, the show had a lot of potential, and started off really well, but the ending ruined its momentum.
Aug 21, 2011 3:37 PM

Aug 2011
Basically the failure lied in how the last few episodes drifted away from the manga
and how Raki fails at life.
Aug 21, 2011 7:35 PM

Dec 2009
Honestly this series disappointed me in general, and the last episodes made things worse. I would watch if this had a remake or at least a second season though.
Aug 28, 2011 2:44 PM
Jan 2010
I am happy I watched this anime I'll probably read manga, so I am giving this 8.5...
If this anime get's underrated only because ending was bad, a lot of people might miss it...

This definitely needs a remake, after manga is over! manga is still going 4 DAMN YEARS after anime ended, I do not blame anime creators, what else could they have done? Wait for manga till it ends or make an open ending...
Sep 19, 2011 11:03 AM
Sep 2011
animation and manga, they are not really diffrenent much, I think.
Anyway we are taking about claymore. It makes people get some interesting.
First of all, you have to make people to have interst.
I already know it. We are talking about Bleach and claymore...
We are in trend in bleach era?
Do you like it?
mihoyotoSep 19, 2011 11:06 AM
Sep 19, 2011 12:25 PM
Sep 2011
claymore animation are good.
It is almost to see complated.
Sep 20, 2011 3:13 AM
Sep 2011
I don't think manga is for child.
manga is the best fun to everyone..
It has some difficult word. I already know it.
It is true school book those formarion is proper to child and some one who doesn't know about difficult word.
no kidding.
arikatou.
Sep 20, 2011 3:24 AM
Sep 2011
I reqally like manga 孔雀王(kongjakwang). It is knife series.
Bleach and Claymore are the best animation in this week.
arikatou.
Sep 20, 2011 3:33 AM
Sep 2011
Japanese manga is the best. Noone imitate this Mazinga.
Who will?
It is almost indipendence.
Who doesn't like?
samurai series.
I like it.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Jun 20, 2007

115 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 14, 2007

69 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 6, 2007

86 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 30, 2007

80 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sobzob - May 23, 2007

208 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 16, 5:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.