Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2008 11:47 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The flashbacks is so confusing,so did really kuromitsu tried to kill kurou or is it just his imagination.Next episode seems that it will be good
Nov 20, 2008 2:10 PM

Aug 2008
Aw, and I wanted something to happen this episode.
It seems that Kuromitsu is not quite what she seems, for the third thime. Seriously, wtf is going on.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 20, 2008 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
Kuromitsu cut off his head? wth O_O I'm getting confused now

Next episodes going to be awesome, I can imagine the fight scenes already xD
Nov 20, 2008 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
Only saw first flashback before i replied, maybe she did it to make him used to his powers (recovery) it was definitively confusing, im sure those questions will be answered at some point.
mrSmilesNov 20, 2008 4:43 PM
Nov 20, 2008 6:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
this is indeed a strange series....I find it as confusing as the manga though...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 20, 2008 8:18 PM

Nov 2007
This show is so much weaker that I expected. Disappointment of the season.
Nov 20, 2008 9:57 PM
Oct 2008
Good episode, no clue if kuromitsu is good or bad so there is a good sense of mystery added to this anime, good ending should start off next episode with beautifully drawn action sequences like they normally do
Nov 20, 2008 10:06 PM

Aug 2008
i look forward to the battle with vine-lady.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 21, 2008 5:36 AM

Oct 2007
I love how this anime never explain thing.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 21, 2008 8:15 AM

Aug 2008
Oh, anyone else notice that the entrance to Kagura looked strangely similar to Bag End?

Nov 21, 2008 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
Does anyone else believe Saniwa isn't explaining something. Personally I think she's Kuromitsu, but I don't really know/care. The show started off so strongly, and now I dread double clicking the file every week. They just don't really ever bother to do anything anymore, it's quite astounding how much it seems like they just float a story each episdoe hoping to make a solid narrative.
Nov 21, 2008 2:42 PM

May 2008
FireReaverX said:
This show is so much weaker that I expected. Disappointment of the season.

Agreed. I had very high expectations after the first episode. :/
Nov 21, 2008 5:38 PM
Apr 2008
its cool that they are keeping us guessing but there are only 5 eps left how much guessing is really left.
Nov 22, 2008 6:54 AM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
Does anyone else believe Saniwa isn't explaining something. Personally I think she's Kuromitsu, but I don't really know/care.
I'm thinking that's a possibility too; I just didn't say anything because I though I was the only one.

Nov 22, 2008 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:
Oh, anyone else notice that the entrance to Kagura looked strangely similar to Bag End?

I came into this topic specifically to ask that question. Bilbo would be pissed they wrecked his home.
Nov 24, 2008 9:49 AM

Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
Does anyone else believe Saniwa isn't explaining something. Personally I think she's Kuromitsu, but I don't really know/care..

I've thought about that aswell...especially since she's the only one except Kuro who has actually seen her.

Anyway, looking forward to next ep's fight :)
Nov 24, 2008 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
kie_ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The flashbacks is so confusing,so did really kuromitsu tried to kill kurou or is it just his imagination.Next episode seems that it will be good
I agree fully!
Very strange episode! Who is Kuromtsu really?
Nov 26, 2008 10:52 AM

Mar 2008
Well i guess taht will be answered eventually.
I wouldn't say the biggest dissapointment yet, it's still one of my favorites of this season.
I don't mind the confusion that much as long as they keep handing us little stuff and revelations and some action, that's all fine.
I'm actually interested in Kyon's story, wondering who he really is, is he a robot? (my best guess)

MAL list updates
Nov 27, 2008 2:50 AM
May 2008
RadicalGoodSpeed said:
JadeMatrix said:

I came into this topic specifically to ask that question. Bilbo would be pissed they wrecked his home.

i second that! xD if only this show was a parody so they could make hobbit themed jokes >.>
Nov 27, 2008 12:22 PM
Dec 2007
geyik said:
RadicalGoodSpeed said:
JadeMatrix said:

i second that! xD if only this show was a parody so they could make hobbit themed jokes >.>

It definitely ressembled the home of the hobbits...

This episode was very confusing and dark, but that's precisely why I like this series so I can't complain. And the relation between Kurou and Kuromitsu is getting weirder and weirder, but I always knew she wasn't just the beautiful and defenseless woman that it seems she was. It wouldn't surprise me that she is the head of the Red Imperial Army for whatever reason, or just used Kurou to create a perfect vampire soldier or something like that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 28, 2008 12:16 AM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Does anyone else believe Saniwa isn't explaining something. Personally I think she's Kuromitsu, but I don't really know/care.

I agree, I've been thinking that since she was introduced. She looks like an older Kuromitsu.

I'm not really sure why she would cut his head off though. I can only guess she needed some time to do something behind his back, so she ended up killing him to give her the time she needed to do whatever it was she needed to do.
Nov 28, 2008 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
Ohnoes the turtle guy returned.
BTW: Kuromitsu looked really nice in her battle dress.
Nov 28, 2008 6:20 PM

Dec 2007
after seeing 7 eps so far and have read manga I feel completely disappointed. madhouse made a pretty strange work with characters facial surgery but that's not the point. they transformed a great action into something unbearable... and killed without hesitation some characters from manga.
as for anime it's pretty good (op & ed rules), as for manga adaptation rather boring...

PS why there is no any spoiler tag? wtf??? o_0
IahelNov 29, 2008 5:18 PM
Nov 29, 2008 4:34 PM

Jun 2007
I still have no idea what the hell is going on, but I don't really care when the series can do the dark mystery thing so well. Episode 7 was a step-up from the last two episodes, with the previous episode in particular having been a bit poor. The episode was a travel episode, mixed with some horror type mystery as Kuro searched for what killed everyone in Kagura and the usual confusing as hell flashbacks. Hopefully, all the incomprehensible flashbacks will make sense by the end...

When Saniwa first entered the series I thought she was probably an old version of Kuromitsu -- Her clothes, hair and face suggested it. Her being the only person to have seen Kuromitsu has made me even more certain.
Nov 30, 2008 2:07 AM

Apr 2008
Ive noticed the resemblance between Saniwa & Kuromitsu too... I dont think theyre actually the same person but theres probably some reason behind it.

anyhoo, the series is definitely starting to feel like its lacking something... Im not as into it as I was at the beginning. I hope the last few episodes finish off as strongly as it started & not just end with a dumb explanation for everything. o.O

Dec 3, 2008 7:39 PM

Nov 2007
Kuromitsu cutting off Kuro's head reminds me of the scene in the earlier episode where Kuro's head on placed in that secret room of hers. But since there's no time reference (or I'm just too lost to notice), I'm not sure if that head is this cut off head. However, seeing that Kuromitsu thinks Kuro would died, the head being well and alive in the earlier scene made it more confusing.
Dec 9, 2008 11:53 AM

Mar 2008
Dude, she has an evil face!
She can't be good xD

(she looked very cool in ninja attire ^_^)
Feb 7, 2009 3:13 AM

Mar 2008
A hobbit house, a hobbit house, they went into a hobbit house. The whole underground village thing could have been interesting, but everybody is dead and instead there are "cool" killer vines. Thank god the one dude had his magical pistol with him.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Mar 15, 2009 7:20 PM

May 2008
Confusing flashbacks, was it actually Kuromitsu that cut off his head... or is he just seeing it wrong again?
May 3, 2009 6:48 AM

Apr 2009
JadeMatrix said:

Ahaha, my first thought was 'Hey, hobbits!' xD

Dang, Kuon is cool. But knowing my luck, he'll end up being a bad guy. Or dead xP -sigh-
And is it just me that jumped a little when Tomba spit out the vines? D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 27, 2010 2:30 PM

Jan 2010
She killed him, she didn't kill him, she killed him, she didn't kill him. The question is when will the petals end so I will know the answer...
May 8, 2010 5:24 PM
Feb 2009
wdffff
Jul 26, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
I knew from the beginning, that woman is bad news.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jun 9, 2014 7:53 PM

Sep 2011
God one thing added onto the next! They really know how to fk with your mind.
Nov 17, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
mrSmiles said:
Only saw first flashback before i replied, maybe she did it to make him used to his powers (recovery) it was definitively confusing, im sure those questions will be answered at some point.

Yeah considering the first time he came "back" it was 100's of years later.
After that he came back again, and it was 20 years.

Very interesting
Oct 14, 2015 1:48 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wtf...why did Kuromitsu do that. She's such a mysterious character. For most of the flashbacks, she looked like she couldn't physically defend herself or wasn't used to fighting, but this episode's flashback showed that she could fight. Strange.

Well I do appreciate the fact that they don't explain anything at all in this anime, and although I think it's well directed in terms of cinematography, there's something about it that's lacking, or something about it that doesn't make me enjoy it as much as I want to. The story is interesting, but hmmm...maybe it's because I feel neither any connection nor attachment to any of the characters.
Dec 10, 2015 6:36 PM

Feb 2013
Kuromitsu is a monster. This episode made that quite obvious. The "why" she cut off Kuro's head is the question.
Mar 8, 2016 4:51 PM
Jul 2014
I hope too, that flashback wasn't for real and that Kuromitsu didn't really killed him....
Jun 14, 2016 3:50 PM

Apr 2016
Let's see...a good looking woman living in the forest and drinks human blood tells you she wants to spend eternity with you and promises to make you immortal...all without telling what the catch is.

Of course she's full of shit. She's bound to be bored being immortal. So she needs a plaything to liven things up.

But...I can't wait to see things get straightened out and see what Kuro does.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2016 3:17 PM

May 2012
Another very impressive episode, up to the next one!
Jan 1, 2017 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
People getting confused over if the flashback is real or not. It's so clear that the story of Kurozuka trying to find her, or being killed by her/not by her has happened a dozen times. It's not like one time skip happened and he went into the future in one fell swoop.
Sep 1, 2022 2:14 PM
Dec 2020
its gas like really gas

More topics from this board

» What happened after the first two episodes?

removed-user - Mar 2

4 by wiederherr »»
Mar 5, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tradedaemon - Dec 24, 2008

151 by akiraic »»
Feb 23, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 7, 2008

96 by Ballisto »»
Jan 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 8 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 28, 2008

37 by OweynLupton »»
Jul 25, 2020 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 10 Discussion

kie_ - Dec 15, 2008

36 by SilentSword114 »»
Jun 12, 2020 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.