Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 2, 2013 10:48 AM

Dec 2008
I am REALLY pissed off that the Code:Breakers tried so damn hard to save the PM's life! They should've all just stood back and allowed Hitomi to use the last of his power to blow that asshole straight into the Eternity of the Damned!! I'm glad that Hitomi did at least get a little bit of posthumous revenge.

Guess I'll pick up the manga while I wait for the OVA.
Jan 2, 2013 11:16 AM

May 2008
Really sad Hitomi died ;; I loved him...

Anyways, GREAT series and cannot wait for the OVAs! 8/10

Jan 2, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
... wow this score went down fast. 7.26?
Jan 2, 2013 4:01 PM
Oct 2011
Eksta said:
I definitely won't be watching a season 2 of this show.
Let's hope there won't be any.
ihateeveryone said:
... wow this score went down fast. 7.26?
It's still too high.

People already complained about how bad this series is, so I won't add salt to the wound. I just feel bad for the author, 2 of her series had horrible adaptations. They went through the normal fate of being serialized in WSMagazine.

Not really interested in the series as a whole to want to read the manga, so I'll leave it at that and try to forget what I just watched.

3/10
Jan 2, 2013 6:47 PM

Jun 2011
I rarely get bored but with Code:Breaker..
The first few episodes were good but then it just dragged everything out way too long.
It bored me to tears.
3/10
Jan 2, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2012
Not a bad ending, although it seems Ogami's true power really turned the tides. They never mentioned his true power before, so it's a little unrealistic that he suddenly goes from nearly dying to being stronger than Hitomi. Also at the end, they all feel sympathy towards Hitomi which I don't understand well because they didn't wanted to stop him at all costs. Not bad, though, pretty satisfying ending. I must say, this anime had one of my favorite EDs,I liked it a lot.
episode-4/5.

Jan 3, 2013 1:06 AM

May 2010
Well I guess the ending it's not bad but it's not good either
Jan 3, 2013 1:19 AM
Oct 2010
5/10 for me, this is my first post on these boards, but did anyone else feel like the main female was drawn completely independent of the show? She looks totally different to the rest of the people.

The animation/art was below average (honestly this looks like if it aired in 2000 or something), the show itself was super generic and some characters had no sort of development, like the snow guy for instance.. or shadow girl... all in all it was just a below-average generic anime but it was watchable so I would not go so far to say it was horrendous.
GD1551Jan 3, 2013 1:22 AM
Jan 3, 2013 1:25 AM
Nov 2007
Easy 1/10.
Jan 3, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2010
4/10

Seriously this was almost worse than Arcana Famiglia
Jan 3, 2013 2:27 AM
Jun 2009
I cannot believe how BAD this show was! What the hell was that ending?

So Hitomi, the only guy who makes sense, dies. Not only does he die, but he is actually killed by the very people he is trying desperately to save with a pretty good plan that places all the necessary bloodshed in his already soiled, and dying hands.

The Code Breakers, who are just hypocritical childish morons, are being used by an EVIL prime minister aaand just go along with it. Hitomi gives them the perfect chance to escape it, but they turn on him and chastise him for giving them a way out because it has bloodshed!? When all the Code Breakers do anyways are political assassinations!? WTF!!???

And I'm not go into much detail about Sakurakouji, because I don't wan't this comment to turn into an all caps rant about the dumbest character I've ever seen in the history of Anime. I think this IS actually worse than Arcana Famiglia.

2/10 (The 2 is for the art)
revynnJan 14, 2013 10:13 PM
Jan 3, 2013 2:39 AM

Jan 2011
Poop 6/10 just because of animation i can't even count how many tables were flipped when someone was stopped from killing the Prime minster
Jan 3, 2013 3:46 AM

Aug 2009
Overall a good show 7/10, started strong but trailed of towards middle/end I feel.
Never read the manga
Only had some minor issues.
Lost count how many times I flipped my living room table over how blind the "current" CodeBreakers are following the Prime minister and Eden.
RewstonJan 3, 2013 4:11 PM
Jan 3, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2007
Coming from someone who hasn't read the manga.
I didn't think the series was THAT bad but I can easily see this as forgettable...

And the conversation Heike had with the PM was such an annoying tease... I'm here waiting for Sakurakoji to...use her powers more or surprise us or something but in the end it focused on "bonds" and junk... *insert big whoop here*

So tl;dr: Had potential but was not utilized as much as it could've....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 3, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2011
So cheesy! Especially when Hitomi burst out and almost attacked the PM. I'm still unsure why Sakura is unburnable, I thought it would explore more of her relationship with Oogami specifically. The ending seems like a clear setup for a sequel, explaining most of the plan in 5 minutes.

I didn't feel that any of the characters were memorable. The code breakers had bland personalities, only their powers were the main focus. I will always remember Sakurakouji Sakura's name. This is probably the first time that Hikasa Youko has voiced a character I did not like. Her persistence is very annoying. The puppy didn't seem like a substantial addition either, its dangerous for it to be around a team with super powers.

The OP was alright, however, I enjoyed watching the ED very much with its trippy effects. Best part of the show really, oh and Heike always gave me a good laugh. 3/10.
Jan 3, 2013 10:25 AM

Aug 2012
Seems like everybody likes the first episodes. Me too.
And yeah, it is suddenly get boring and there are lot of unexplained things. 7/10 overall, thanks for its earlier episodes.

And because I don't read the manga I am curious with some comments here about the anime lack of comedy from the manga. There are some at the beginning of the anime but when it gets boring I forgot that there's "Comedy" tag in MAL's Code:Breaker page. It seems the comedy part is actually really good in this series manga and that's why I'm curious because I see the anime as dark themed. Too bad I'm too lazy to read, at least for these times but I guess I will pick the manga someday.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Jan 3, 2013 4:20 PM

Jun 2012
This anime was a mess. How I made it to the end of this, I don't know. 2/10
Jan 3, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2012
Sure it went downhill after the first few episodes, but it wasn't that bad.
Jan 3, 2013 8:37 PM

Dec 2012
The only part I like was prince bushing lol
Jan 3, 2013 11:37 PM
Apr 2011
First time i saw episode one, wow... this could be great Anime show this seasion,
But after watching more episode, it getting bad.

I Give this Series 7/10 because the Animation was good, but lame story and pace.
Jan 4, 2013 1:32 AM

Dec 2012
god i hate that sakura so much , it is riduciluos how much a charcter can be corny and annonying , and didn't really like the art style.....
5/10 (never again)
Jan 4, 2013 2:40 AM

Feb 2012
7 for the show.
I have a feeling that I would like the manga much more,but I hate reading.
I will never understand why companies arent just following the mangas,its time for them to learn that following the manga is the best thing to do.
Jan 4, 2013 11:09 AM
Jun 2009
I demand a sequel to be handled by a different studio. -_-
Jan 4, 2013 6:46 PM
Dec 2012
6/10 Being generous. I liked the supporting characters more than the main characters. Toki, Heike, Yuuki.
Early on Ogami and Sakurakouji went from interesting together to unbearable for me towards the end.

It felt like half the series Sakura was on the floor or tied up.

By the end it had me confused. What exactly happened. Hitomi's death felt pointless, was a sacrifice more than anything. They told him to stop so many times I was hoping he actually would. Did not like his mastermind plan. Very cliché

They're still lapdogs, nothings changed.
Jan 5, 2013 3:34 AM
May 2012
Villetta_Nu said:
I am REALLY pissed off that the Code:Breakers tried so damn hard to save the PM's life! They should've all just stood back and allowed Hitomi to use the last of his power to blow that asshole straight into the Eternity of the Damned!! I'm glad that Hitomi did at least get a little bit of posthumous revenge.

Guess I'll pick up the manga while I wait for the OVA.

raynestarrw said:
I cannot believe how BAD this show was! What the hell was that ending?

So Hitomi, the only guy who makes sense, dies. Not only does he die, but he is actually killed by the very people he is trying desperately to save with a pretty good plan that places all the necessary bloodshed in his already soiled, and dying hands.

The Code Breakers, who are just hypocritical childish morons, are being used by an EVIL prime minister aaand just go along with it. Hitomi gives them the perfect chance to escape it, but they turn on him and chastise him for giving them a way out because it has bloodshed!? When all the Code Breakers do anyways are political assassinations!? WTF!!???

And I'm not go into much detail about Sakurakouji, because I don't wan't this comment to turn into an all caps rant about the dumbest character I've ever seen in the history of Anime. I think this IS actually worse than Arana Famiglia.

2/10 (The 2 is for the art)

I was havin an exact the same thing! I mean

- is PM really an antagonist all along?! How come they didn't really told us the outcome after he spilled in blood?!
- As for New antagonist, who was that anyway?! He's not Shigure, right?
- What's next for Yukihina!?
- How exactly Rui (Prince) survived?! Is her lost form (?) helps her to save her live?!

NOBODY told about this!? Great, so many ramble till NO one seems to reply with me till it my head keeps bothering me about what happened & I'm NOT gonna rest till there's an answer about all this! And I don't care that IF the show really sucks so bad!
JafriZinJan 5, 2013 5:45 AM
Jan 5, 2013 5:48 AM
Apr 2012
JeffreyZin said:
I was havin an exact the same thing! I mean is PM really an antagonist all along that's what we wondering about this!!

As for New antagonist, who was that anyway?! What's next for Yukihina!? How exactly Rui (Prince) be alive?! Is her lost form (?) helps her to save her live?!

NOBODY asked about this!? Great, so many ramble till NO one seems to reply with me till it my head keeps bothering me about what happened! And I don't care that IF the show really sucks so bad!

Since you seem to be demanding for the answers...

And yes, the anime did HORRIBLE job working out any explanation at all. They throw in random stuff like Sakura's past, Seeker and such but fail to explain ANY of it. While I already know about all of them, if I were an anime viewer, I'd be pissed as well, really...no, since I'm a manga reader, I'm damn pissed at this anime. The manga was great, but the anime is a piece of shit.
Jan 5, 2013 12:44 PM

May 2007
The series was okay but they effed it up quite badly to be honest, in that it doesn't really stay faithful to the manga but sorta does at the same time but only for a few instances though. Generally, it's unfaithful and I think the anime studio decided to have a lot of characters introduced early on, so as to properly showcase the entire cast to the audience quickly. I'm pretty sure the core audience for this show was undoubtedlymost of the manga readers who adore the manga, but in doing this, has most likely left many of them disappointed and apalled with this adaption.

I've read most of the manga (not up to date with it tbh) but even I was having trouble watching this series at times.

However, overall I'm gonna give it a 7/10 because it wasn't completely awful but I'm also incredibly generous when it comes to scoring too.
Jan 5, 2013 4:19 PM
Oct 2007
zenith_kim94 said:

Seconded.

One of the worst I have seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2010
The finale was okay. Predictable, cliche, anime ending. I've never read the manga, and I'm hoping there's a season 2. Really sad that Hitomi died. 5/10.
Jan 6, 2013 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
Ugh, my God was this a poorly handled adaptation. This was one of the disappointing AND one of the worst animes I've watched from 2012.

This series had the potential to be REALLY good...but I think it's pretty obvious that Kinema Citrus had no business adapting this into an anime.
Jan 6, 2013 7:42 AM
May 2012
Ju-da-su said:
And yes, the anime did HORRIBLE job working out any explanation at all. They throw in random stuff like Sakura's past, Seeker and such but fail to explain ANY of it. While I already know about all of them, if I were an anime viewer, I'd be pissed as well, really...no, since I'm a manga reader, I'm damn pissed at this anime. The manga was great, but the anime is a piece of shit.

Toucanbird said:
Ugh, my God was this a poorly handled adaptation. This was one of the disappointing AND one of the worst animes I've watched from 2012.

This series had the potential to be REALLY good...but I think it's pretty obvious that Kinema Citrus had no business adapting this into an anime.

I'm totally agreed with you guys! Talked about taking this thing very seriously I mean it really gets me feelings sometimes!
JafriZinJan 6, 2013 9:31 PM
Jan 6, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
I found the premise of this anime quite interesting but because of the female MC being so incredibly annoying and bitching around in stranger's businesses I dropped it back then during ep 4. Some people said in the respective thread it's getting worse with her and it's better to drop it rather 'now' than later.
Looking at all the criticism, rage and the rating development on MAL over the course I'm glad I did that.

Getting a rating of roughly 7.2 one week after it ended is not entirely bad though but it was constantly falling. I guess it's safe to assume either the hopes were set too high or it was a trainwreck of an anime.
Jan 6, 2013 5:27 PM
Aug 2010
well i didn't care much for the anime i give it like 4/10 just because i made fun of how dumb the casts ideals are. personally i like hitomi and though his point o view was correct and the rest of the cast was being hypocritical.l on top of being a bunch of morons who apparently don't care if there own kind get turned into slaves and live a shorten life span. on top of that ogami's BS unexplained power up ruined the any chances of that fight being okay.

though i want to know if i should read the manga if i dislike the characters for reasons listed above.
Jan 7, 2013 2:48 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
god i hate that sakura so much , it is riduciluos how much a charcter can be corny and annonying

lol, I agree. I basically started ignoring her by episode 5, she just cries and says the same stuff over and over.

---

Some episodes were so dull that i just skimmed through them, and I have no desire to re-watch it.
4/10
Jan 7, 2013 4:12 AM
Nov 2010
zenith_kim94 said:
Jan 7, 2013 5:58 AM
Apr 2012
ninja_dog said:
well i didn't care much for the anime i give it like 4/10 just because i made fun of how dumb the casts ideals are. personally i like hitomi and though his point o view was correct and the rest of the cast was being hypocritical.l on top of being a bunch of morons who apparently don't care if there own kind get turned into slaves and live a shorten life span. on top of that ogami's BS unexplained power up ruined the any chances of that fight being okay.

though i want to know if i should read the manga if i dislike the characters for reasons listed above.

...I'd say it's completely up to the you guys anime watchers. If I was to watch this anime alone, I probably won't even think of reading this manga (but unfortunately, I've read this manga since long ago already...still like it though, despite of the fact that the anime is a piece of crap...)

Since the anime is so much of a piece of crap, they actually will probably never get to one dead fact on all the CBs; the very fact that none of them actually want to work for Eden at all but were more or less forced to...well, all of them except for Heike, actually, but I guess we'll know why Heike still works for Eden soon though.

Ju-da-suJan 7, 2013 6:08 AM
Jan 7, 2013 6:32 AM

Oct 2012
What a terrible shit ending, couldn't they have extended it, the story at least like there is so much to elaborate about!!!

Sorry but i give this ending a 2/10 following phantom requiem of phantom which is 1/10
CG Artist 3D Animator
---------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/cra0kalo
http://cra0kalo.com

Jan 7, 2013 10:30 PM
Aug 2010
Ju-da-su said:
ninja_dog said:

...I'd say it's completely up to the you guys anime watchers. If I was to watch this anime alone, I probably won't even think of reading this manga (but unfortunately, I've read this manga since long ago already...still like it though, despite of the fact that the anime is a piece of crap...)

Since the anime is so much of a piece of crap, they actually will probably never get to one dead fact on all the CBs; the very fact that none of them actually want to work for Eden at all but were more or less forced to...well, all of them except for Heike, actually, but I guess we'll know why Heike still works for Eden soon though.

So your saying that the manga actually explains why they are the way they are so they don't seem as narrow minded. If it does that and builds character development then i think i'll read it. This seems to be one of the cases where the anime gives the entire series a bad rap. If you haven't read it which i was going to watch the anime first to see if it was worth reading ,but since they did a horrible job at it i guess i can't judge it based on the anime.
Jan 7, 2013 11:05 PM

Mar 2012
ninja_dog said:
Ju-da-su said:
ninja_dog said:

So your saying that the manga actually explains why they are the way they are so they don't seem as narrow minded. If it does that and builds character development then i think i'll read it. This seems to be one of the cases where the anime gives the entire series a bad rap. If you haven't read it which i was going to watch the anime first to see if it was worth reading ,but since they did a horrible job at it i guess i can't judge it based on the anime.

It's been quite a while since I read the manga and I really didn't get all that far into it, but I can tell you it does a better job of doing it than the anime does. However, I stopped reading shortly after Yuuki was introduced (and trust me, he was introduced MUCH later in the manga than he was in the anime. I think they introduced him around the 2nd or 3rd episode of the anime when he wasn't introduced until chapter 35 or so in the manga. That should put into perspective just how much content the anime skipped over.

P.S. Remember that short battle between Hitomi & Yukihina vs. Yuuki early on in the anime? Yeah...that never happened in the manga.
Jan 8, 2013 3:44 AM
Aug 2010
^ thx thats what i kinda wanted to know i think i'll try to give it a read hopefully i'll like it
Jan 8, 2013 8:20 AM

Jun 2012
The season was alright. I haven't read the manga so I can't make a comparison there (although I do plan to read it asap), however, I felt as though alot of things were left unexplained as others have already stated (ie. what rare-breeds are, more background on the special abilities, etc.). I also felt like the ending lacked closure. I would like to see a season two as the last episode showed heike and the pm discussing Rei's true power finally showing and how now he could go after that other guy (sorry I forget the name). Anyway, that at least gave me some hope for a second season but I guess only time will tell.
Jan 9, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2012
Episode 13 is the last one? Seriously ? ..

Personally, I don't think Code Breaker is the greatest manga out there but it isn't bad, and I always thought it might have a chance to become one of the more popular mangas, so I was glad it got an anime adaption. (though I still can't get used to Sakura's voice for some reason. I expected it to sound different). I think the animation was good and I hope for a season 2 (with more explanations) because Code Breaker deserves better than this.

(ಠ﹏ಠ )
Jan 9, 2013 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
is ogami now code 1 ? and when will be season 2
Jan 9, 2013 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
the ending was actually decent nice that Hitomi still got a hit on the prime minister after he was talking shit
Jan 10, 2013 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
Well that's another show over personally abit disappointed they didn't keep things in line with the manga but tis what it is.
Jan 11, 2013 12:24 AM

Jan 2011
I've seen much worse. Despite all the trash talk on the forums, the broader membership of MAL is keeping this as a reasonable score: 7+. I had it as an 8 through much of the season because as a non-manga reader I found it fairly entertaining (doing a game by taking a drink every time Sakura says either "Ogami" or "Hitomi" really helps by the way). On the other hand, this last episode was a real anti-climax and pretty meh. I'll lower it to a 7 and possibly try the manga eventually (although I don't know if I can wait until chapter 100+ to get romance in the storyline).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 14, 2013 7:19 PM

Apr 2012
Well this series turned out to be pretty disappointing. It started off well and had an interesting premise; however, that unfortunately did not prevent this from turning into a rather bland affair.

The story was generic and, while that in and of itself is not enough to condemn a show to mediocrity, there was not enough extra provided to make up for that flaw. For example, the characters (outside of Ogami) were mostly uninteresting or, in Sakura's case, just downright annoying. The action sequences were fine but not particularly impressive either. So, in the end, all of that added up makes for a very mediocre anime.

5 "Ogami!"s out of 10.
Jan 15, 2013 12:31 PM

Oct 2012
Well, this was so pathetic I couldn't even laugh in scenes where I should cry or something... I couldn't think of worse end. This was so bad on many levels, last ep is the worst of all.
Jan 16, 2013 10:37 AM

Oct 2009
Either remake or no sequel please..

such a disappointment :/ , now i should resume the manga..

6/10
Jan 18, 2013 4:46 AM

Mar 2012
As usual an average anime is getting hate from the manga readers. Well from somebody who didn't read the manga I can say that it wasn't a very bad series and it deserves to be 7+ in terms of ratings.
Although like most people... I could not stand Sakura for the entire series and I really hoped that she would have been killed off.. She didn't even add that much in the end with her resistance to special powers... Still I am excited for a season 2 to see what happens with the new villain

Final rate:
7/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» The purpose of the female lead.

RudeRedis - Jan 6

3 by Sekiro94 »»
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

78 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 3, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

222 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2012

70 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.